Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,950Posts
    • 34,469Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 352
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 5:51 PM
    • 2,997 Posts
    • 42,413 Thanks
    ilovetoshop

One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    • 2,997 Posts
    • 42,413 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    We had a little helper

One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 5:56 PM
    • 2,997 Posts
    • 42,413 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    So after 13 months it's nearly done and in true mar style lots of pennies saved and muscles gained

This was taken last night with the hailstones so isn't the best picture

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Jul 17, 6:47 PM
    • 25,459 Posts
    • 299,587 Thanks
    davemorton
    I should've known it was all Lady TM what would you like help with Mr Morton?
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Knew you would see sense.
    Wondering what a fair price would be for a 30ft x 3ft double skinned brick wall would be. About 1200 bricks, price to include cutting a concrete drive and putting founds in. I am supplying the bricks.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 7th Jul 17, 7:14 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 3,688 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Not a good sign - no scan results today

Now have all weekend to fret
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 7th Jul 17, 7:26 PM
    • 4,663 Posts
    • 49,134 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 86.30

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    • 48,685 Posts
    • 567,044 Thanks
    bubbs
    ILTS, its lovely
    JTS, sorry to hear that
    Well i have good news after a few weeks stress and mega stress yesterday My sister has finally today exchanged on her new house, all go next Friday and Sat
    She has just gone , she wanted to try SW KFC, she siad it was scrummy can i make some for next sat
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Jul 17, 7:38 PM
    • 3,120 Posts
    • 44,471 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    I didn't realise that BHS still existed!
    Originally posted by silvercar

Evening luvlies, yes their online shop ceased to trade after they closed their stores and re opened online a few months later. DH and I said they should just open up again online and concentrate on their lighting and homeware

hope this is big enough

Originally posted by zippydooda
    Just the job, thanks zipster

Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Hoping your scan results come through quickly, enjoy your weekend JTS, are you back from Spain yet?
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jul 17, 7:41 PM
    • 48,685 Posts
    • 567,044 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside
    12 Pack Pepsi, Diet & Max Only £2.90 Instore @ Wilko.

Asda washing and dishwasher items clearout
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 7th Jul 17, 8:19 PM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,090 Thanks
    emerald21
    Have any of you been in the position of having to appeal for your child to go to the school of your choice please?

As you know Lee and family have moved up to a village called Hope which has the best senior school for the area . Well Seren who is 4 has got into the infants school there, Josh who will be in hi s last year in the junior school hasn't but can appeal and Caitlin who is 13 hasn t heard about hers yet.

It's not really possible for their parents to be in two places at once or even three as it is at the moment as they work.

Any suggestions who they could have a word with or what to say when appealing please.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jul 17, 8:40 PM
    • 48,685 Posts
    • 567,044 Thanks
    bubbs
    Have any of you been in the position of having to appeal for your child to go to the school of your choice please?

As you know Lee and family have moved up to a village called Hope which has the best senior school for the area . Well Seren who is 4 has got into the infants school there, Josh who will be in hi s last year in the junior school hasn't but can appeal and Caitlin who is 13 hasn t heard about hers yet.

It's not really possible for their parents to be in two places at once or even three as it is at the moment as they work.

Any suggestions who they could have a word with or what to say when appealing please.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Sorry no experience on this, very quiet here tonight
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Jul 17, 8:47 PM
    • 14,639 Posts
    • 179,671 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Originally posted by emerald21
    I've never appealed but every one I know who has done this has been successful so it is well worth going for it!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jul 17, 8:48 PM
    • 48,685 Posts
    • 567,044 Thanks
    bubbs
    End of the peace
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jul 17, 8:50 PM
    • 48,685 Posts
    • 567,044 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside
    TPO 512MB 4g data, unlimited texts, 250 minutes - £2.99/mth. No credit check! Cheap out allowance calls got to be better than pay as you go
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 7th Jul 17, 8:55 PM
    • 16,413 Posts
    • 277,935 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I think I might need to find a now TV sky sports code in a recycling bin
    Last edited by Dizzy Ditzy; 07-07-2017 at 8:57 PM.
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 7th Jul 17, 9:07 PM
    • 3,903 Posts
    • 57,970 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Evening all

Nasty 7 1/2 hour drive up to rugby but now installed at the Dun Cow ready for tomorrow's annual family picnic.
    Amusing sign to post later.

Saw mhoc mentioned Vantage inns yesterday but think I have just had the best most value for money meal ever. Didn't fancy anything on menu so just had egg and chips in a beautiful pub and was charge £3.50. Lovely waitress but both items through as a side order. Don't feel so bad forgetting the Mitchell and Butler share owner discount card now.

Yet to read back but son has just got me watching love island and then it's BB but despite being tardy with my posts I have been reading just not following the glitches.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    • 3,120 Posts
    • 44,471 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Thanks again zippy, just won a Now TV sky sports day pass, doesn't expire until October which will fit in with when we move back to our house
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 7th Jul 17, 9:17 PM
    • 16,413 Posts
    • 277,935 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy

Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    From my own experience, if it was bad news, you'd know about it by now. Try and enjoy your weekend and worry about Monday when Monday comes x
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 7th Jul 17, 9:33 PM
    • 5,398 Posts
    • 66,610 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    RIP little Bradley, such a courageous boy.

Hope today went well Sal.

Been out for a lovely meal with bestie from Scotland while she was down on a flying visit for a wedding. She'll be down again next month and we'll be going up at the beginning of December
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 7th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 3,688 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone

Hoping your scan results come through quickly, enjoy your weekend JTS, are you back from Spain yet?
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Thanks Hampy, yes I flew back yesterday

From my own experience, if it was bad news, you'd know about it by now. Try and enjoy your weekend and worry about Monday when Monday comes x
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Thanks Dizzy, I'll try

What a fantastic job you've done ILTS !
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

864Posts Today

7,271Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin