Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,900Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 351
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 7th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC

8 pack of Magnums Classics £3 in Ts
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I saw those on your receipt picture Snap....

I confess to buying the magnum coconut's last week....pure heaven!

I don't normally get magnums...I actually prefer the Majestic's in Iceland but my the coconut one's are now right up there as one of my favourite ice cream things ever.
    Last edited by LEJC; 07-07-2017 at 3:18 PM.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 7th Jul 17, 3:18 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC

A better picture of the huge hailstones , I'm so surprised they didn't damage the cars
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Crickey...thats almost an ice cube!
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 7th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 16,467 Posts
    • 278,355 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Young Bradley Lowery lost his brave, brave fight this afternoon
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jul 17, 3:57 PM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,345 Thanks
    tweets

A better picture of the huge hailstones , I'm so surprised they didn't damage the cars
    I can see them thank you ILTS

They are big glad I wasn't walking work in them
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jul 17, 3:59 PM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,345 Thanks
    tweets
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    RIP Brave lad
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jul 17, 4:00 PM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,345 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jul 17, 4:06 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,403 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    They were big balls ILTS
    Was terrible that storm we didnt have nothing
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,403 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just heard that RIP Bradley
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jul 17, 4:21 PM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc
    Oddly enough I wombled a 160 nectar pointer on the car parker for Judes - so £1 off and 160 points towards the Pizza Express summer spectacular .... very tempting

Check your emails from Judes ice cream this morning as they include a £1 MOC - it looks like a normal print off as many as you need coupon.

These are on offer in Waitrose 342 so if your store stocks them and you have three £1 MOCs they work out at a very reasonable price and they would make a good addition to a £10 shop for a free newspaper and fee coffee.

Actually that is all you would need - 3 Judes, coffee and newspaper

Also Waitrose have the shloer on offer - 241 £1.99 and its on shopimum buy one get one free - cant figure out if you need to buy 2 bottles or 4 ....
    Originally posted by mhoc
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    • 16,474 Posts
    • 192,860 Thanks
    mhoc
    has anyone else got this offer on their Nectar webpage? Its only on my nectar - not OHs so it must be targeted.

I am trying to load the offer onto my card and it wont load - might have to try doing it via the app later.
    When I click on it, it just goes to a page where the brands are listed.
    You have to swipe three times so your sainsbobs shop must count as one swipe and then there are 450 places to choose from.
    Obviously trying to spend the least amount possible but 450 brands are going to take some wading through

How to get this offer
    1.Click 'Load to card' to opt in
    2.Make a purchase and swipe your Nectar card at 3 different Nectar brands before 26 July 2017
    3.Collect 1,000 points
    4.Points will be awarded within 28 days of offer expiry

Terms and Conditions

Click 'Load to card' to Opt-In to this offer. For a list of brands you can swipe your Nectar card at visit: https://www.nectar.com/brands. Shop with at least 3 different Nectar brands between 06/07/2017 - 26/07/2017 and swipe your Nectar card to be eligible for this bonus point offer. Points will be awarded within 28 days of offer expiry.

Both of us have the swipe 8 times and get 100 points offers - annoying when I've already done todays shops - after the cashback bits I could have got 3 extra swipes for the remaining 3 items I had.
    We also have odd things for extra points - I've got dole pineapple and OH has Heinz serious sauce which are both on offer and both useful items plus they give us an extra swipe and an extra receipt to scan.
    All these offers I've been able to active no problem
    Last edited by mhoc; 07-07-2017 at 4:55 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Jul 17, 4:42 PM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,132 Thanks
    davemorton
    Well I could quite possibly help you but don't don't if I should help you on account of your behaviour
    How Rude!! It was all TM.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Jul 17, 5:16 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 84,680 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

8 pack of Magnums Classics £3 in Ts
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Yes got some yesterday.

Poor lad rip Bradley xx
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 7th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    • 11,184 Posts
    • 21,313 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    RIP young man!
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 5:40 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 42,734 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    How Rude!! It was all TM.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I should've known it was all Lady TM what would you like help with Mr Morton?
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 5:47 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 42,734 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Back in June last year we started work in our garden after realising we would never be able to afford what they were going to charge ...some of you might remember advising me on how not to lay them well here is what we started with

One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 5:51 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 42,734 Thanks
    ilovetoshop

• ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 42,734 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    We had a little helper

• ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 5:56 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 42,734 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    So after 13 months it's nearly done and in true mar style lots of pennies saved and muscles gained

This was taken last night with the hailstones so isn't the best picture

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Jul 17, 6:47 PM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,132 Thanks
    davemorton
    I should've known it was all Lady TM what would you like help with Mr Morton?
    Knew you would see sense.
    Wondering what a fair price would be for a 30ft x 3ft double skinned brick wall would be. About 1200 bricks, price to include cutting a concrete drive and putting founds in. I am supplying the bricks.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 7th Jul 17, 7:14 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,190 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Not a good sign - no scan results today

Now have all weekend to fret
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,704Posts Today

7,019Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin