Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,161Posts
    • 34,853Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 350
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Anyone know the answer to today's mail treasure hunt please
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Jul 17, 12:58 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 47,597 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Sal Hope the treatment goes as well as possible

Di Lovely words from a lovely lady

JTS hope the results are received today
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Jul 17, 1:07 PM
    • 26,033 Posts
    • 303,753 Thanks
    davemorton
    Sorry tweets I was having a bit of a nightmare loading photos, I will put some up later x
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Yes, she was having a nightmare tweets, she kept loading pics of her standing in just her pants

Anyone know the answer to today's mail treasure hunt please
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    What is the question? (or is it not like that?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Jul 17, 1:08 PM
    • 26,033 Posts
    • 303,753 Thanks
    davemorton
    Is there any bricklayers on this thread, or partners of bricklayer? Just wondering if a quote is too big/small, about right? TIA
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 14,492 Posts
    • 225,907 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Yes, she was having a nightmare tweets, she kept loading pics of her standing in just her pants

What is the question? (or is it not like that?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Riddle 8/7
    Walk around here and see the centuries flow
    The heir to the throne to its extension said no
    In front a hero expects a nation to do its duty
    While inside its people can view works of beauty.

Is it national gallery
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 7th Jul 17, 1:36 PM
    • 9,015 Posts
    • 56,791 Thanks
    LEJC
    Riddle 8/7
    Walk around here and see the centuries flow
    The heir to the throne to its extension said no
    In front a hero expects a nation to do its duty
    While inside its people can view works of beauty.

Is it national gallery

I'll guess the national gallery too....nelson is outside it,charles objected to it(although he is now it's patron) and it contains works of art.
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 131 out 101 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Jul 17, 1:50 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,627 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• silvercar
    • By silvercar 7th Jul 17, 1:52 PM
    • 35,868 Posts
    • 151,028 Thanks
    silvercar
    Sal, all the best today.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Jul 17, 1:54 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,627 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,627 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,627 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Our Family Motto ~

• ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 42,725 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Is there any bricklayers on this thread, or partners of bricklayer? Just wondering if a quote is too big/small, about right? TIA
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Well I could quite possibly help you but don't don't if I should help you on account of your behaviour
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 42,725 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Wow snap you do find some good bargains
    How is your dad doing now ? X
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 2:28 PM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 42,725 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    This isn't my video but one someone else has put on from last nights storm

http://youtu.be/dHl3Zu2za3E
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jul 17, 2:31 PM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 42,725 Thanks
    ilovetoshop

A better picture of the huge hailstones , I'm so surprised they didn't damage the cars
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jul 17, 2:38 PM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,416 Thanks
    mhoc
    afternoon all.

Sheba 12 packs are on Greenjim, on offer in Sainsbobs this week still a bit expensive. It does the cats good to have a change of food, I give one of the special sachets to Sophie or Ronnie if I am feeding them on their own.

I got one of the Sheba boxes with a sample sachet of sheba fish soup in, flashed boxes. The sample is only 40g but actually that is sufficient, Sophie didnt even finish a 50g sachet this morning, Treacle as always finished off the left overs.

Also inside a 50p MOC for sheba soup

Reading the back of the MOC though I was surprised to see that these fish soups are classed as treats - who would have thought that.
    They only provide 10% of the calories needed and it said to adjust the rest of the days feeds to allow for them.
    I am sure many people buy fish soups and similar for cats with small delicate appetites,
    who like really wet food and turn their noses up at regular non Sheba sachets - I will have to watch the adverts now to see if it states this, about them being treat food.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 7th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 4,190 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    hope this is big enough

Ooh Matron!

Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jul 17, 2:57 PM
    • 16,420 Posts
    • 192,416 Thanks
    mhoc
    I was in Sainsbobs in search of the free crisps on COS - only 6 packs left on the shelf so I am glad I didnt leave it any later.
    These will be going into the food bank collection - we have a house full of walkers as it is

Then we went to see if anything exciting was on the reduced sections and I spotted a couple of real handful packs blood orange and dark chocolate - reduced from £1 to 69p. I checked COS to see if they were still listed and they were - 50p cashback each so only 19p in real money.
    Also found munchy seeds honey in the little plastic box reduced from £2.20 to £1.10 with £1 cashback from COS
    I am going to do little sundaes with strawberries and elmlea (free or nearly from TCB) and munchy seeds honey sprinkled on top

These three all short dated but they will soon be eaten.

We then went and had a look at the section these came from (near bakery in our store) and found the munchy seeds handy packs 25g on offer for 50p each - COS has 35p cashback so not free but good value for 15p after cashback. Expiry dates are December and January so very long dated.
    Our store only had the honey and chilli versions - chilli ones might be good for snacking with beer (or free cider )
    Honey version - sprinkled on salads, on top of cream or into muesli.

So that turned out to be a more exciting shop than we anticipated

also on the way in we did the recycling and someone had kindly left a useful blue flat plastic storage box which after Ive given it a good scrub will be good for storing all of the 'good' snacks - nakd bars, trex bars and munchy seeds and handfuls and graze boxes
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Jul 17, 3:00 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,627 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Wow snap you do find some good bargains
    How is your dad doing now ? X
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Just browse the clearance section

Dad is well thank you ♥
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Jul 17, 3:01 PM
    • 14,379 Posts
    • 242,627 Thanks
    Snap-ant

8 pack of Magnums Classics £3 in Ts
    Our Family Motto ~

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,753Posts Today

7,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin