Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,192Posts
    • 34,903Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 195
    • altojack
    • By altojack 19th Jun 17, 8:59 PM
    • 9,078 Posts
    • 121,697 Thanks
    altojack
    I hope to god, it not this hot on Sunday, otherwise I will be dying.

My stepdad is suffering in this heat, he is having to wear his oxygen pack all the time, its really hard on him.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I'm so sorry to hear this Sarah, it must be such a struggle for him in this blistering heat. The air is so warm that it doesn't seem to be any breathable air . I'm sat here breathing the air cooled by a fan, weather reports not good I'm afraid, more heat to come xx

Oh Ruby is beautiful Susie. Such a gorgeous little smile

AJ....this heat must be awful for you. It feels like there is no air at times. I've been a sweaty mess today....and that's without spilling my lunch over me. Thank goodness it's cooling down tomorrow.

Pleased to hear dads home tomorrow snap he's a proper soldier
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    To think I used to be a sun worshipper now is a distant memory I reached a certain age and decided to avoid the sun for the sake of my skin, who would have envisaged what was ahead back then

I'm not beaten by the heat yet, I'll shop at 8am as soon as store opens, if earlier if I go to Mr Ts
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 145
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Sorry to say the forecast is the same one of my neighbours has copd and really struggles in this heat
    Originally posted by bubbs
    The temperature here tomorrow is forecast to be exactly half of what it is today.

I'll be moaning about the cold
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

To think I used to be a sun worshipper now is a distant memory I reached a certain age and decided to avoid the sun for the sake of my skin, who would have envisaged what was ahead back then

I'm not beaten by the heat yet, I'll shop at 8am as soon as store opens, if earlier if I go to Mr Ts
    Originally posted by altojack
    Good for you AJ...that's the spirit

Skin cancer wasn't even on the radar when I was young and I was reckless in the sun I sit in the shade now
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Jun 17, 9:31 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,431 Thanks
    bubbs
    The temperature here tomorrow is forecast to be exactly half of what it is today.

I'll be moaning about the cold
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Not here but would welcome it 39 in here we came on from work
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Jun 17, 9:32 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,431 Thanks
    bubbs
    We actually heard the words frost on the weather, we go FROST!!!
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Ikea sale starts on a Thursday. Swipe your family card to get an extra 10% off sale prices
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Jun 17, 9:56 PM
    • 33,705 Posts
    • 447,855 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just noticed that TCB have the Simply Cook £5 cashback deal on again. When you click through you can get the trial box for £4.50

Mine paidout a few weeks back from the last time they had the offer one.

There are some brilliant tasting recipes

But remember to cancel your subscription
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 19th Jun 17, 10:44 PM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    Hmm, extra milk and coco in kit-kats..wonder what they have taken out as they are no heavier.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 19th Jun 17, 11:01 PM
    • 5,340 Posts
    • 93,291 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Hmm, extra milk and coco in kit-kats..wonder what they have taken out as they are no heavier.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    They've taken out bits of Kit Kat! Kit Kats are made from Kit Kats.

Evening peeps.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 19th Jun 17, 11:23 PM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    They've taken out bits of Kit Kat! Kit Kats are made from Kit Kats.

Evening peeps.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Oh, yes, how true, why didnt I think of that. Cheers Scamps
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 20th Jun 17, 12:20 AM
    • 5,055 Posts
    • 52,416 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Thank you.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 77.24

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 20th Jun 17, 12:22 AM
    • 5,055 Posts
    • 52,416 Thanks
    Serendipitious

It's taken the taste out, that's for sure.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 20th Jun 17, 12:28 AM
    • 5,055 Posts
    • 52,416 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Well my lazy day turned into a laundry day, including bedding, so I feel quite virtuous.

Indoor temp said 28 degrees, very nice, and everything dried so fast, it was very efficient.

Sorted the paint and it seems I have about 15 litres in total of very useful neutrals, so that's allocated to kitchen and living room, plus there's enough satin to do the woodwork.

Cool breeze coming in now, feels lovely.

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 20th Jun 17, 12:51 AM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,020 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Oh, yes, how true, why didnt I think of that. Cheers Scamps
    oi

empty your messages
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 20th Jun 17, 12:56 AM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,020 Thanks
    zippydooda
    down to my last 14 carlings. well im just in from work and 2 of them will disappear.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 20th Jun 17, 12:57 AM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,020 Thanks
    zippydooda
    whats wrong with your fence anyway
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 20th Jun 17, 1:10 AM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    All empty now
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 20th Jun 17, 1:11 AM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    whats wrong with your fence anyway
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    My fence? You getting all cryptic on me again Zippy
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 20th Jun 17, 1:16 AM
    • 14,506 Posts
    • 226,020 Thanks
    zippydooda
    My fence? You getting all cryptic on me again Zippy
    when i went to your home page, you were viewing something like "problems with a fence"
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 20th Jun 17, 1:26 AM
    • 26,085 Posts
    • 304,138 Thanks
    davemorton
    when i went to your home page, you were viewing something like "problems with a fence"
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Ohhh, one of the forums I like to lurk on, the home one Although I do have a problem with my fence..or rather a problem with bricklayers not getting back to me to quote a job, anyone would think they dont want to work. Need it done too as want to move.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

1,610Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin