Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,886Posts
    • 34,379Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 192
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 19th Jun 17, 12:10 PM
    • 15,795 Posts
    • 187,433 Thanks
    mhoc
    everyones plans for this week and onwards sound exhausting - I feel quite envious, I like busy- ness

I have that rare thing, a completely empty week with nothing on the calender
    So Ive managed a bit if weeding and bed changing and that is me wiped out, sweat dripping out if every pore, god knows what the temperature it
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 19th Jun 17, 12:15 PM
    • 3,497 Posts
    • 45,934 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Em, she is beautiful x

MrsMac, what a wonderful step in the right direction, whoever did what to whom is in the past, hopefully this will be be able to progress to some form of relationship xxxxx

Durham... your house must be fertile!

It is good to hear that the medication is working, and she is bonding with the baby... I love the name. And another little one on the way.... or could there be a set of twins... you think your house maybe empty...lol.... it is going to be fuller than ever before!!!

We collected DS1 and fianc! yesterday from the airport... they were discussing baby names and they have chosen Poppy (no sign of any pregnancy and they are banned from going to Durham's house)...... all I could think of was tweets poppy!

The house is extremely full with 7 adults... DS1 has taken GF into town to do the museums and asked were we are meeting to eat tonight.... I said the kitchen table!!!! Cheeky sausage, they will bankrupt me! They leave on Sunday, then the pre-wedding diet begins.. they have set the date for the 8.4.18....in Thailand....
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

Lovely news I can sense your excitement
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 19th Jun 17, 12:25 PM
    • 4,204 Posts
    • 91,072 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Oh yes

This was over a week ago though I seem to have lost my touch of late....
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Flippin' heck. I bow to your superiority
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Jun 17, 12:32 PM
    • 27,128 Posts
    • 373,027 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Flippin' heck. I bow to your superiority
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Don't ask me to repeat it though.

Bet TM will be along to say it's photoshopped.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • choclate24
    • By choclate24 19th Jun 17, 1:14 PM
    • 513 Posts
    • 7,741 Thanks
    choclate24
    Apart from d b is there any other deodorant glitching, thanks
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 19th Jun 17, 1:59 PM
    • 8,643 Posts
    • 54,573 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good afternoon all...

Too hot to shop so have spent the day alternating between the garden and the cool of the house.

Toiletry update is 2 out...a deo and a hair mist I was testing(still no idea what it did and on googling it seemed to be perfume for your hair....strange!
    On the in its 1 a competition win of a very lovely miceller oil.
    There were 3 DAVE deo's in also but as they have gone into DS 's stash I'm not counting them.

Huge congrats to all the newly married and the engaged.....and reflective thoughts to gocat on the loss of your mum....a hard thing to deal with,but now at peace x

Had something else to say...but it's completely escaped me at the moment so I may return if I remember......
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    May
    2017 toiletries 78 out 79 in ...£13.96 spend
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 19th Jun 17, 2:21 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 29,281 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    Originally posted by choclate24
    L'Or!al men's deos are glitching. About 63p each
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 19th Jun 17, 2:28 PM
    • 14,463 Posts
    • 178,389 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Its very good that they are taking their time with the wedding, giving themselves plenty of time to prepare. Also that you were invited - even if Thailand is a long way to for a wedding

With 7 adults uour house must be bulging at the seems . I thonk we have only had 7 once and the smallest ended up on the sofa
    Originally posted by mhoc
    It is less than a year to do a wedding in a foreign country... I am omg!

DS1 GF is a delegator...... she tried to allocate me to buy the plastic penis' and penis cupcakes for the hen do... and the buckets of spirits for the wedding do...... I politely declined!

We ended up with people sleeping on coir carpeting last night.... today they have been eying up the sofas as they are large comfortable and cool!

everyones plans for this week and onwards sound exhausting - I feel quite envious, I like busy- ness

I have that rare thing, a completely empty week with nothing on the calender
    So Ive managed a bit if weeding and bed changing and that is me wiped out, sweat dripping out if every pore, god knows what the temperature it
    You could do some research about how to legally marry in Thailand for me!

Lovely news I can sense your excitement
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Diet!

I have worked so hard to get this large figure.....
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 19th Jun 17, 3:38 PM
    • 4,204 Posts
    • 91,072 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Don't ask me to repeat it though.

Bet TM will be along to say it's photoshopped.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    And wait for PD to come along and blow you out the water
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 19th Jun 17, 3:53 PM
    • 15,795 Posts
    • 187,433 Thanks
    mhoc
    It is less than a year to do a wedding in a foreign country... I am omg!

DS1 GF is a delegator...... she tried to allocate me to buy the plastic penis' and penis cupcakes for the hen do... and the buckets of spirits for the wedding do...... I politely declined!

We ended up with people sleeping on coir carpeting last night.... today they have been eying up the sofas as they are large comfortable and cool!

You could do some research about how to legally marry in Thailand for me!

Diet!

I have worked so hard to get this large figure.....
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    there is a gov.uk page on getting married abroad.

Ideally you just want to book your hotel and flights and just turn up
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 19th Jun 17, 3:55 PM
    • 15,795 Posts
    • 187,433 Thanks
    mhoc
    Originally posted by choclate24

Very mysterious, it sounds like there is a perspiration fugg over your house
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 19th Jun 17, 4:01 PM
    • 14,463 Posts
    • 178,389 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    there is a gov.uk page on getting married abroad.

Ideally you just want to book your hotel and flights and just turn up
    Thanks I will have a look... DS1 and GF will be living there when they get married, I intend turning up.... but I can panic a little so a little pre-wedding research is needed!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • choclate24
    • By choclate24 19th Jun 17, 4:14 PM
    • 513 Posts
    • 7,741 Thanks
    choclate24
    Took a walk to Asda to see what is in the 3 4 2 and see the dove is in it, does anyone know if there are any good comparisons
    • Miró
    • By Miró 19th Jun 17, 4:17 PM
    • 5,363 Posts
    • 22,250 Thanks
    Miró

From the dark side - Free huggies wipes, desktop only

https://www.huggieswipes.co.uk/free-sample
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Thanks hampy

[cough] can use multiple times with different email addresses [/cough]
    Earth cannot be flat...if it was cats would have knocked everything off by now
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 19th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 6,709 Posts
    • 54,277 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Does anyone know what this is?

I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Jun 17, 4:35 PM
    • 27,128 Posts
    • 373,027 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Does anyone know what this is?

Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    It's a cinnabar moth.

https://www.buglife.org.uk/bugs-and-habitats/cinnabar-moth
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 19th Jun 17, 4:52 PM
    • 6,709 Posts
    • 54,277 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Thanks, I saw it while walking the dog, never seen one like that before.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 19th Jun 17, 5:37 PM
    • 11,695 Posts
    • 128,876 Thanks
    Anon
    CoS and CS heads up

Flora Buttery/Original/Light 500g - T only, claim 12 times each.

£1.70 T v £1 A assuming BG matches (remember 10 items required for T BG), 30p each net.

Hth

Anon
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 19th Jun 17, 6:00 PM
    • 16,372 Posts
    • 277,592 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Evening bits and girls

I love, love, love the sun and heat but I don't love sweaty heat and I dislike even less being stuck in an office with no air conditioning!

I hope everyone is staying well hydrated
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 19th Jun 17, 6:13 PM
    • 48,010 Posts
    • 561,872 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hello all
    God im melting
    Hope everyone is ok?
    SSM exciting times
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-2 stone 8 1/2 lb week 13
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,371Posts Today

8,488Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

• Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

• RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

• Follow Martin