Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,026Posts
    • 34,655Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 191
    • durham05
    • By durham05 19th Jun 17, 7:43 AM
    • 1,973 Posts
    • 22,272 Thanks
    durham05
    hope the link works I'm crap at uploading pics
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Jun 17, 7:50 AM
    • 33,081 Posts
    • 443,035 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    durham and mrsmac.. .those posts are too important for me to rush read. I will catch you all later.

Gorgeous day again. I did 2 hours work at home last night. Do you think I dare have a glider today?

I'm leaving that one in

Should read "flier"

Glider
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 19th Jun 17, 7:55 AM
    • 5,320 Posts
    • 93,092 Thanks
    scamps1966
    durham and mrsmac.. .those posts are too important for me to rush read. I will catch you all later.

Gorgeous day again. I did 2 hours work at home last night. Do you think I dare have a glider today?

I'm leaving that one in

Should read "flier"

Glider
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Down here, Glider is slang for Cider!!

Morning peeps.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 19th Jun 17, 8:08 AM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 30,683 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning, another gorgeous day here.
    • scottishshortie
    • By scottishshortie 19th Jun 17, 8:15 AM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 16,172 Thanks
    scottishshortie
    Good morning all
    A lovely sunny day here as well
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 19th Jun 17, 8:19 AM
    • 18,390 Posts
    • 194,866 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Just heard the forecast. It is meant to be 32 degrees today

And we have to move a cinema room in an old peoples home
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Jun 17, 8:24 AM
    • 28,425 Posts
    • 408,864 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Another scorcher

Didn't have a very good night our Poppy couldn't settle think the heats got to her. Hope she's ok while I am at work. Going to hate leaving her because I will be worrying til I get home and see her.

Poppy asleep at moment in her bed

Everyone take care in this heat ,
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Jun 17, 8:26 AM
    • 28,425 Posts
    • 408,864 Thanks
    tweets
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 19th Jun 17, 8:34 AM
    • 4,228 Posts
    • 91,298 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Morning

But you can get at least 4 tokens a day by playing the mini games. They only take 5 minutes unless you get hooked on the bloomin numbers game.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Still keeping up?

Last edited by Westvleteren; 19-06-2017 at 8:38 AM.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 19th Jun 17, 9:04 AM
    • 4,802 Posts
    • 50,359 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 48.15

• HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 19th Jun 17, 9:08 AM
    • 2,293 Posts
    • 25,482 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Morning..sorry I haven't even been able to lurk so big catch up for me..
    I don't know where the time goes....
    Friday GS last day of exams so last day at school ..end of an era...new problems now to face arggggggggggggggg!!!!
    Friday I also saw my sister whom I haven't seen since xmas due to her flitting to and fro between spain and uk so lovely to have an impromptu lunch in the garden
    Saturday and sunday mornings were taken up with doing car boots..getting rid of junk..we had 10 met posts rusting in the garden for the last 5 years ,which sold and a rusty old lock and keys which had been in the shed for donkeys years - so that more than covered our pitch money and petrol for both days
    a couple more and then this load of non wanted things by us will be gone.
    but the only thing when we do a carboot I tend to buy....Saturday I bought 1 patio rose and a climber at £3 each and perenniasl 6 for £5.. the seller has a nursery at Guyhirn so travels to hunstanton and Huntington racecourse and he sells out everytime I have seen him.
    Sunday I came away with toys for toddlers..lady next to me was selling things 10p each then giving things away at the end...I only had a few small things for 50p but bought 2 gigantic bags of mega blocks for £3.. they have since gone in the dishwasher and now look like new.
    best thing about doing a cb we were in the fresh air which I wouldn't have been if at home as there is always something to do in the house, and we were home just after midday
    so today whilst still cool housework then later this evening when cool again a little gardening.
    Tomorrow taking 87year old MIL in town usually shes In her wheelchair but tomorrow shes wanting to walk with her frame..that should be fun!!!
    Wednesday hair to be highlighted, the mobile hairdresser ive had for the last 33 years ..so she tends to book the whole afternoon out to me so we have a catch up as well as her doing my hair. But before that my ex Sil pops in after her tennis coaching lessons usually for a couple of hours for coffee..
    Thursday will be catch up again..
    I don't know how I ever had time to work
    I have to make the most of it as come October im back to London for my babysitting duties for 2 babies now.
    Hope all elite are coping with life..i know heat can effect poorlies so try to keep cool, drink plenty and rest...but that goes for us all.
    catch up time
    x
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 19th Jun 17, 9:11 AM
    • 2,293 Posts
    • 25,482 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    ..forgot to say I won £25 on the premium bond last week.. I had forgotten I even had them so that was a nice surprise
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 19th Jun 17, 9:21 AM
    • 9,549 Posts
    • 107,674 Thanks
    emerald21
    h

A pic of beautiful Ruby who was 3 on the 6 th of June
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 19th Jun 17, 9:32 AM
    • 2,293 Posts
    • 25,482 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    h

A pic of beautiful Ruby who was 3 on the 6 th of June
    Originally posted by emerald21
    what a little beauty, shes sure to break some hearts when shes older!!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 19th Jun 17, 10:32 AM
    • 4,802 Posts
    • 50,359 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Lovely photo, Emerald, Ruby is beautiful.

Day of rest for me today, though I need to have a bit of a catch-up with the domestic side of things. DD generously gave me all the unused paint from the decorators at the old place, so I must take a proper look at that, it's all neutrals and hopefully there'll be more than enough to give my living room and kitchen a makeover in due course.

It's been gorgeous weather, seems a bit cooler now though. Caught a lovely image of the Mersey yesterday, it was as flat as a pond and glossy, reflecting the sunshine, and the river's surface mirrored all the buildings along the waterside. Next weekend it will look very busy with the River Festival.

Hope everyone's had a good weekend. And happy shopping for the week ahead. I stocked up on fresh meat at S with my £4 off £20, can't imagine I'll need much else. Pity CoS didn't give me the cones offer till after I'd been to S, they really need to improve their timing! Will get them from T now, probably.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 48.15

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 19th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    • 14,805 Posts
    • 180,999 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Em, she is beautiful x

MrsMac, what a wonderful step in the right direction, whoever did what to whom is in the past, hopefully this will be be able to progress to some form of relationship xxxxx

Durham... your house must be fertile!

It is good to hear that the medication is working, and she is bonding with the baby... I love the name. And another little one on the way.... or could there be a set of twins... you think your house maybe empty...lol.... it is going to be fuller than ever before!!!

We collected DS1 and fianc! yesterday from the airport... they were discussing baby names and they have chosen Poppy (no sign of any pregnancy and they are banned from going to Durham's house)...... all I could think of was tweets poppy!

The house is extremely full with 7 adults... DS1 has taken GF into town to do the museums and asked were we are meeting to eat tonight.... I said the kitchen table!!!! Cheeky sausage, they will bankrupt me! They leave on Sunday, then the pre-wedding diet begins.. they have set the date for the 8.4.18....in Thailand....
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Jun 17, 11:57 AM
    • 27,269 Posts
    • 374,176 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Morning

Still keeping up?

Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Oh yes

This was over a week ago though I seem to have lost my touch of late....
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 19th Jun 17, 11:58 AM
    • 9,549 Posts
    • 107,674 Thanks
    emerald21
    Em, she is beautiful x

MrsMac, what a wonderful step in the right direction, whoever did what to whom is in the past, hopefully this will be be able to progress to some form of relationship xxxxx

It is good to hear that the medication is working, and she is bonding with the baby... I love the name. And another little one on the way.... or could there be a set of twins... you think your house maybe empty...lol.... it is going to be fuller than ever before!!!

We collected DS1 and fianc! yesterday from the airport... they were discussing baby names and they have chosen Poppy (no sign of any pregnancy and they are banned from going to Durham's house)...... all I could think of was tweets poppy!

The house is extremely full with 7 adults... DS1 has taken GF into town to do the museums and asked were we are meeting to eat tonight.... I said the kitchen table!!!! Cheeky sausage, they will bankrupt me! They leave on Sunday, then the pre-wedding diet begins.. they have set the date for the 8.4.18....in Thailand....
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Good on you
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 19th Jun 17, 12:02 PM
    • 27,269 Posts
    • 374,176 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Ohh, I thought you could only get one token a day across all the games, not EACH game.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    You silly sausage!

I got 6 tokens just from this morning. won 2 on the spins plus the 4 games.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 19th Jun 17, 12:06 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 190,646 Thanks
    mhoc
    Em, she is beautiful x

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Its very good that they are taking their time with the wedding, giving themselves plenty of time to prepare. Also that you were invited - even if Thailand is a long way to for a wedding

With 7 adults uour house must be bulging at the seems . I thonk we have only had 7 once and the smallest ended up on the sofa
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

2,164Users online

Martin's Twitter