Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,962Posts
    • 34,505Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 183
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 17th Jun 17, 10:54 PM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 17,085 Thanks
    curl girl
    Don't forget 3 days left for Kettle Bites on cos and cs. £1 In T with 75p back.
    25p for a 5 pack is good value and the maple bbq are really nice for 99 calories.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 17th Jun 17, 11:08 PM
    • 13,476 Posts
    • 140,032 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Evening Elite Sorry but after a full day out at Good Food Show and then a meal at Hungry Horse (with gift cards) I was shattered and went straight to bed without opening up my laptop. But it was a very good day with some lovely freebies

When we got back over this way, we called into Wisb Morries and car showed 37 degrees I was melting once I got out of car. Got home and lads set up the chiller which we had left to 'rest' after transport and then put loads of my stuff back into stash cupboard in a more ordered way Still got all my dry goods like couscous, lentils, beans, rice, etc plsu my toiletries, so I need another plastic drawer unit for dry goods and the toiletries are going into Ikea white boxes on shelving in bedroom. Then I might even be organised Next job will definitely be my bedroom as I can bearly get round to the wardrobe. Full reorganisation on the cards

I have copied lots of posts to update lists but for now all I've done is change DB from M to S shops, at different price. I'll do a bit more tonight and hopefully rest of it tomorrow
    Last edited by 3Dogs; 17-06-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98 Nov £62.96 Dec £43.46 Jan £68.88 Feb £86.58 Mar X Apr £52.73 May X June £94.72 July £61.92/£100
    NSD Oct 18 Nov 16 Dec 21 Jan 16 Feb 19 Mar 19 Apr 20 May 16 June 19 July 20/16
    eBay Oct £116.33 Nov £76.71 Dec £60.96 Jan £71.28 Feb £24.12 Mar £104.04 Apr £10.75
    • aau1
    • By aau1 18th Jun 17, 12:00 AM
    • 18,732 Posts
    • 322,951 Thanks
    aau1
    also whilst in sada this morning I got the 2 cashback items for TCB

shloer 75p
    pork pie 75p

both on offer in sada for £1 and both showing straight away as pending on mine and OHs TCB - probably both eaten and drunk before it gets to the paid column

In view of the earlier discussion regarding downloading your cashback as soon as it goes into the payable column its made me anxious about the May Day offer from April 29th which is still in the pending column - it was £2.50 on purchases of over £12 (£10 plus vat)

I did empty our TCBs payable balances down to nothing after the Mr T cc card option was withdrawn, only use them now rarely, mostly its Q
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Why? Has the qualifying transaction you made gone payable?
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 18th Jun 17, 12:17 AM
    • 13,476 Posts
    • 140,032 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Right, I have done a bit more on fillers but off to bed now

Night Night

Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98 Nov £62.96 Dec £43.46 Jan £68.88 Feb £86.58 Mar X Apr £52.73 May X June £94.72 July £61.92/£100
    NSD Oct 18 Nov 16 Dec 21 Jan 16 Feb 19 Mar 19 Apr 20 May 16 June 19 July 20/16
    eBay Oct £116.33 Nov £76.71 Dec £60.96 Jan £71.28 Feb £24.12 Mar £104.04 Apr £10.75
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 18th Jun 17, 2:14 AM
    • 25,459 Posts
    • 299,627 Thanks
    davemorton
    Right, I have done a bit more on fillers but off to bed now

Night Night

Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Aww, poor !!!!! cat with a poorly tail.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 18th Jun 17, 2:23 AM
    • 2,453 Posts
    • 37,435 Thanks
    wendyak
    Wendy
    Where the devil have you been?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Hi Truly, you know - here and there....even to a bad place and back again but still managing and still have a very grumpy OH at home after five months ......at least I am, for the moment on the long term sickness scheme although I had to give up my posititon so if I get well enough I dont have a job vand would have to apply Its avery weird situation after all the ye ars but hey; ho xxxxxx
    • gocat
    • By gocat 18th Jun 17, 3:20 AM
    • 4,647 Posts
    • 52,253 Thanks
    gocat
    Mums been deteriorating slowly through the week since she came out of Hospital last Saturday.
    Got a phone call from my sister yesterday evening saying she had to call out the McMillan nurse as mum was breathing funny. Nurse advised her to contact family members as mum could pass away soon or could be few more days but it was obvious her body was shutting down. Got to my mums at 11.15pm. She passed at 11.30pm, surrounded by 3 of her daughters, at home, just as she wanted.
    RIP mum you fought the good fight till the end.
    • northerngeezer
    • By northerngeezer 18th Jun 17, 6:25 AM
    • 990 Posts
    • 9,543 Thanks
    northerngeezer
    Mums been deteriorating slowly through the week since she came out of Hospital last Saturday.
    Got a phone call from my sister yesterday evening saying she had to call out the McMillan nurse as mum was breathing funny. Nurse advised her to contact family members as mum could pass away soon or could be few more days but it was obvious her body was shutting down. Got to my mums at 11.15pm. She passed at 11.30pm, surrounded by 3 of her daughters, at home, just as she wanted.
    Originally posted by gocat
    Very sad news.

My condolences to the family and may God give you all strength in this difficult time
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th Jun 17, 6:35 AM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    I'm so very sorry gocat to hear this. I think we knew deep down it was coming but that doesn't make it any easier. I'm pleased you were able to get to her side to help her let go. It's a blessing, she's now free from pain and turmoil.

Condolences to the family xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 103
    In 44 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th Jun 17, 6:37 AM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    Very sad news.

My condolences to the family and may God give you all strength in this difficult time
    Originally posted by northerngeezer
    NG, how are you getting on just now, not seen you in ages. Seen you post but not been online at the same time.

Hope things are on the up for you xx

Out 103
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 18th Jun 17, 6:40 AM
    • 1,671 Posts
    • 18,298 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Morning.
    Happy Father's Day to all fathers.
    Have a lovely day all, remember sun screen
    • northerngeezer
    • By northerngeezer 18th Jun 17, 6:43 AM
    • 990 Posts
    • 9,543 Thanks
    northerngeezer
    NG, how are you getting on just now, not seen you in ages. Seen you post but not been online at the same time.

Hope things are on the up for you xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Hi. I'm okay...ish. Thanks for asking

I just take each day as it comes. Just had my second year scan and waiting for results to see if I'm still clear of the dreaded cancer.

I do pop in to the forum every other day. Perhaps I need to post more and keep a positive attitude.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th Jun 17, 6:58 AM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    Hi. I'm okay...ish. Thanks for asking

I just take each day as it comes. Just had my second year scan and waiting for results to see if I'm still clear of the dreaded cancer.

I do pop in to the forum every other day. Perhaps I need to post more and keep a positive attitude.
    Originally posted by northerngeezer
    Positivity helps greatly NG. Is it really as long ago, good luck with second year scan results. It's the waiting that brings us down, don't you think?

Yes pop in more, you'll have a laugh, especially of an evening xx

Out 103
    • altojack
    • By altojack 18th Jun 17, 7:04 AM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    DS3 is hosting a Fathers Day BBQ, in this heat I'm not sure if I'll be ok tbh . I've got aan antihistamine to take but ups the heat, the lack of air, doesn't go well with copd.

Right , as it's only 7am, I'm away back to bed for an hour, do not disturb No not that, it's far too hot xx

Out 103
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 18th Jun 17, 7:12 AM
    • 3,260 Posts
    • 30,462 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    So sorry for your loss go cat.

Good to see you NG keep positive its the only way to beat it.....but you know that already.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 18th Jun 17, 7:31 AM
    • 5,408 Posts
    • 66,728 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news dear gocat (((x)))

Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 18th Jun 17, 7:37 AM
    • 3,578 Posts
    • 46,735 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Go cat So sorry for your loss In time you will be glad that she achieved her wish of being at home with the family

It will be hard so remember to pop in when you can, post whenever you feel up to it Remember the thread is about support not just shopping

Take care of yourself (((hugs)))
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 18th Jun 17, 7:46 AM
    • 3,578 Posts
    • 46,735 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Morning all

Snap Once again your posts lift my spirits because of the obvious love and care for your dad

A quick round up of what I need to shop for before heading into work for a few hours Yes I know I am not happy just now but I will do my best for the forthcoming audit

Going to t's for the kettle bites as they will be going in a summer hamper Intention is for our annual fair holiday hamper when the factory part of the work closes for two weeks There is all manor of random glitches thanks to invisible wands plus Cos/CS

Take care and enjoy the day
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 18th Jun 17, 7:48 AM
    • 16,053 Posts
    • 189,480 Thanks
    mhoc
    oh you poor love. so sad, at least you got there before it happened, take comfort in this and that she died at home with family
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 18th Jun 17, 7:58 AM
    • 14,657 Posts
    • 179,813 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    gocat, so sorry for your loss xxx
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,981Posts Today

8,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin