Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,942Posts
    • 34,465Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 179
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 17th Jun 17, 2:47 PM
    • 5,290 Posts
    • 92,854 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Can get onto the front page fine on Android Chrome. Have you tried another browser?
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Tried all sorts of browsers! I can't even get on the site on Android chrome.

livingsocial is another I can't get on!!
    Last edited by scamps1966; 17-06-2017 at 2:53 PM.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 17th Jun 17, 2:52 PM
    • 3,120 Posts
    • 44,471 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Afternoon luvlies, lost my post - in A and lots of RTC in the freezer aisles, my ex netto from memory (as I itemised it all ) BE inspirations 30p, chicken thighs £1, lots of ready meals 25p, high protein ready meals 50l, loads of fish reduced
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jun 17, 2:52 PM
    • 15,975 Posts
    • 188,845 Thanks
    mhoc
    Well our oasis of calm has only lasted a week but we were only on borrowed time anyway, I am not annoyed more resigned as it was inevitable that something like this would happen.

Errant son went to his enormous van this morning to go to work - he was actually going to go to a mountain bike trial tonight after work and then stay over and then go to work from there on Sunday morning but thats not happening now.

His van would not start so him and OH managed to push it backwards so Oh could connect up the jump leads between our car and the van - battery under the seats in both. And still it would not turn over.

So we drove Errant son into work - its about 45 mins away but the roads were quiet apart from getting stuck behind farm machinery so he was only 20 mins late for work
    And we have to go and collect him after work as well which will be about 6 - dinner will be late tonight anyway as we don't eat until its cooler.

Errant son has rung the local garage we use and he can get it booked in for Wednesday to get a new starter motor fixed (and the track rod ends looked at as they were mentioned on the MOT)

He will ring the AA when he gets back from work to get them out, possibly it is just a duff battery but the AA have the kit for testing the deadness of batteries and otherwise it will get towed to the garage. If its just a battery we will be battery hunting tomorrow but its in a difficult place to access.

In the meantime Ive put Errant son onto my car insurance as 3rd named driver so at least he can get himself to work this week. Its only 5 weeks until car insurance renewal time so that was only another £38 additional premium onto our multi car policy and Admiral already had all of his details on file.

The garage bill will be paid for by us and then added to Errant sons loan - he owes us vast amounts because we have had to bail him out on numerous occasions over the last few years, mostly as a result of his own doings. He was paying us back at a set amount each month but there has been a 3 month gap while he was out if work, due to start again at the end of June. Actually from my own savings, not family money.

Normally the van is parked off the road in a tiny lay by but the end house owners have complained about it making it difficult for them to exit their drive - wherever he parks it one of the neighbours complains. So he has been parking it in front of our house overnight now he is working again.This just causes traffic chaos as it reduces our road to one lane and it also plunges the study into gloomy darkness - actually very cooling in this weather.
    But at least being outside the house it made it easy to try and jump start this morning.

But on Monday our road is being shut for 3 days for re surfacing so the van needs to be off the road

We have had enough of car problems for one week. Eldest child had to sell her beloved car this week so she has been in a slough of despond ever since, Eldest son has had issues with his and now Errant son and his enormous van ....
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jun 17, 2:54 PM
    • 15,975 Posts
    • 188,845 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon peeps.

How hot.

Quick question. Can anyone got the wowcher website? It's been coming up with error, request denied!
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Livingsocial does this for me so I had to go via google chrome instead of IE11
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 17th Jun 17, 2:59 PM
    • 5,290 Posts
    • 92,854 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Livingsocial does this for me so I had to go via google chrome instead of IE11
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I'm on Chrome. It wont work in any browser.
    • underperky
    • By underperky 17th Jun 17, 3:03 PM
    • 4,993 Posts
    • 62,295 Thanks
    underperky
    A v M

1x Lucozade Energy Caribbean Crush Fridge Pack (6x380) £2.00 £1.00

Pansy hood izzy or perky?

That's supposed to read

Any good izzy or perky?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

Hi and thanks for that truly madly but Lucozade does not taste like lucozade i am on my last pack of 6 after 40 years of drinking it for breakfast dinner tea and supper .
    There has been no marketing ploy on the bottles but lucozade has halved the sugar content with out one advert or any information about it doing so ...hence lucozade does not taste like lucozade this took place a few months ago ....but i had a stash that is down to the last 6 pack .So from next week i will have to make do with orange and water ...i think my body will think it is being attacked by" healthyness "...sure is funny they never advertised this ...my god usually if they add or subtract an "atom" from food to dish washer tablets there is usually some bold advertisement .
    So anyone who takes this for diabetic use note the sugar count is half so i expect you may need to drink more of it ...
    • underperky
    • By underperky 17th Jun 17, 3:04 PM
    • 4,993 Posts
    • 62,295 Thanks
    underperky
    Thanks tm, I honestly don't know what I will do re lucozade, I only drink original and the new recipe is awful, had my dh on his hands and knees in farm foods reading the ingredients on their stock, none with the old one��
    Originally posted by izzy65
    They have halved the sugar content ...hence it does not taste like lucozade
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jun 17, 3:18 PM
    • 15,975 Posts
    • 188,845 Thanks
    mhoc
    this is a womble my OH accumulated with a good result - it looks like a very expensive barbecue as they also bought £10 of barbecue charcoal

this is sada v sainsbobs

1x Kronenbourg 1664 Premium Lager (18x440) £14.70 £14.00
    2x Warburtons Hot Dog Rolls (6pk) £2.10 £2.00
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Tikka Chicken Breast Steaks (380g) £3.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Jalapeno Coleslaw (280g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 4 Red Onion & Cheese Beef Burgers (454g) £2.50 £2.50
    2x Warburtons White Sliced Rolls (8pk) £2.50 £2.00
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 4 New York Pork Hot Dogs (400g) £2.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 4 Pork & Steak Hot Dogs (360g) £2.50 N/A
    1x ASDA 10 Cheese Singles (200g) £1.00 £1.20
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 4 Tikka Chicken Kebabs (340g) £3.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 4 Salt & Pepper Beef Kofta Kebabs (380g) £2.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Extra Special 6 Pork Sausages (400g) £2.25 N/A
    1x ASDA American Style Deli Slaw (280g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 4 BBQ Beef Burgers (454g) £2.50 £2.50
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 4 Quarter Pounder Beef Burgers (454g) £2.50 £2.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) £27.80 £26.70
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jun 17, 3:26 PM
    • 15,975 Posts
    • 188,845 Thanks
    mhoc
    and this is mine - huge thanks to the kind and patience people who got me sorted out with the correct item when I made a hick of it yesterday. I took the rejects back and got a gift card and that covered all of todays shopping

My voucher is marginally bigger than I would prefer but I am going to be brave and do a similar shop tomorrow if it still works

With a lot of crisp diving I am still finding odd promo packs of walkers and I've used up the last of the vouchers a kind person sent me

OH said we were running low on mustard as Errant son daubs it onto sandwiches like its going out of fashion. OH said to get own brand rather than colmans so that lost me a few pence

The bananas were reduced ones in a bag so its surprising that they showed on the list.

I also got value sparkling water for 17p but again its not showing on the list so I got 12 items today to be on the safe side.

0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.07 £0.07
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.11
    1x Walkers Classic Variety Crisps (6x25g) £1.50 £1.25
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x Walkers Prawn Cocktail Crisps (6x25g) £1.50 £1.25
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Courgettes (3pk) £0.95 N/A
    1x ASDA Hot English Mustard (180g) £0.49 £0.63
    3x DB £15.00 £5.10
    1x Tilda Lime & Coriander Basmati Rice (250g) £1.00 £0.80
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Celery (each) £0.55 N/A
    1.44x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £1.04 N/A
    Last edited by mhoc; 17-06-2017 at 3:52 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    • 15,975 Posts
    • 188,845 Thanks
    mhoc
    I am also thinking that now I am the proud owner of three DB which are going to be a very useful addition to the stash ...

As its too scalding to venture outside for long I am getting the food bank bag ready, not a lot to put in it so far apart from Fanta and crisps but I thought I would put in some of the stash of older mens toiletries in as well.

I've still got quite a lot of Lynx especially deodorant, possibly even from the old H and B days... At Christmas some did go into a local collection for a homeless hostel but I had problems putting it all in, the letting go process. The smell reminds me too much of the years when both of our lads were home, Errant son was always very sweaty and used Lynx as a cover up but Eldest son showered twice a day and the house was filled with a suffocating cloud of Lynx fugg ... it really has to all be used up or donated as I cant be forever emotionally attached to Lynx ...
    Last edited by mhoc; 17-06-2017 at 3:52 PM.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 17th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 1,507 Posts
    • 24,211 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    CC done no DB deos in stock

Results later
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Jun 17, 4:03 PM
    • 15,975 Posts
    • 188,845 Thanks
    mhoc
    also whilst in sada this morning I got the 2 cashback items for TCB

shloer 75p
    pork pie 75p

both on offer in sada for £1 and both showing straight away as pending on mine and OHs TCB - probably both eaten and drunk before it gets to the paid column

In view of the earlier discussion regarding downloading your cashback as soon as it goes into the payable column its made me anxious about the May Day offer from April 29th which is still in the pending column - it was £2.50 on purchases of over £12 (£10 plus vat)

I did empty our TCBs payable balances down to nothing after the Mr T cc card option was withdrawn, only use them now rarely, mostly its Q
    • altojack
    • By altojack 17th Jun 17, 4:15 PM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    Hi and thanks for that truly madly but Lucozade does not taste like lucozade i am on my last pack of 6 after 40 years of drinking it for breakfast dinner tea and supper .
    There has been no marketing ploy on the bottles but lucozade has halved the sugar content with out one advert or any information about it doing so ...hence lucozade does not taste like lucozade this took place a few months ago ....but i had a stash that is down to the last 6 pack .So from next week i will have to make do with orange and water ...i think my body will think it is being attacked by" healthyness "...sure is funny they never advertised this ...my god usually if they add or subtract an "atom" from food to dish washer tablets there is usually some bold advertisement .
    So anyone who takes this for diabetic use note the sugar count is half so i expect you may need to drink more of it ...
    Originally posted by underperky

I'm another Lucizade addict underperky and noticed last week when I started on my new stash, it's horrid, how can they be so cruel to us

No flashing on the packs, no adverts seen on tv or in the magazines. Original is the only Lucizade I drink
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 103
    In 44 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 17th Jun 17, 4:28 PM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    Good afternoon Elite

I'm back and able to spend time online but not for long periods of time, still using eye cream though so have to pick my moments

My fall, my head looks good but ankle this bad, I'm having to hobble around. Don't know how far down I fell or slid either, it was over in a flash. As I lay in a heap on the floor all I could think of was my knee replacement, had I broken it or my leg. I'm only 5ft 3inches so can't afford to lose height by having any bone cut away to repair. Anyway, it's all good. My back and hips ache if I do too much, but come on, let's be honest, who does much of anything in this weather

mhoc, your son isn't what I expected, my god he's not work shy is he. Thank goodness he has a new job, well two to be exact.

Snap sweetheart, I've just noticed during my mammoth catchup that Dad is back in hospital. You must be totally drained with worry from all directions, take care. I'm here if you want me xx

Sue, get rid of that fraudster. He's not there to do good, from what I've read he is definitely up to something. Can't you finish him and tell a little white lie, tell mum he left because of health reason or something. Take care of yourself xx

Hugs to the Elite poorly and those low in spirit, you're all in my thoughts today xx

Sorry if I've left anyone out, still on catch-up, onto yesterday morning. See you all later xx

Out 103
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 17th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    • 25,378 Posts
    • 299,044 Thanks
    davemorton
    Afternoon all, melting here

Taliking about fans and heat etc. Watching trooping of the colour and really feel for those soldiers wearing bearskins. Must be unbearable in this heat
    Originally posted by gocat
    I would not worry about them, they stuff loads of popsicles inside them to keep really cool .

Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 17th Jun 17, 4:39 PM
    • 1,507 Posts
    • 24,211 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Shop from today,

7 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Canderel Granular Low Calorie Sweetener (75g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Fray Bentos Just Chicken Pie (425g) £2.00 £1.00
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection White Finger Rolls (6pk) £0.50 N/A
    0.34x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.24 £0.24
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection White Rolls (6pk) £0.50 N/A
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey (1l) £32.00 £18.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) £35.54 £20.54
    +£15.00 cheaper
    For your information:
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 17th Jun 17, 4:48 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 3,651 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    My Amazon sunloungers.
    They can stay out in all weathers although we will put them away for the winter. They are ok to lie on without a cushion as they have a bit give in them. Really solid and sturdy.
    Paid for using Amazon credits, Amex money off voucher for paying with points and we paid the balance in Nectar points. So free really
    From memory £175 for 2 paying with real money

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    They do look fab

But you lied - your grass doesn't need cut
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 17th Jun 17, 4:49 PM
    • 8,985 Posts
    • 120,875 Thanks
    altojack
    AAU, sorry to hear the sad news. Condolences to the family xx

Out 103
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 17th Jun 17, 5:10 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 37,421 Thanks
    wendyak
    Made the mistake of going out on my bike this morning, simply too hot.

Got home had lunch with something I very rarely have - a can of ice cream soda straight out of the fridge - feeling a lot more comfortable now.

The crazy thing is it should be about this temperature in the Dominican Republic when we go, the difference being that there is two large pools there and the sea

So not looking forward to going to London, I think if it was just me I simply would not go, I hate London in this weather.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Lurker Wendy checking in,lol
    My son is on honeymoon in Dominican and reporting 40 + this week, said it was over thirty at 9am !!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Jun 17, 5:21 PM
    • 48,539 Posts
    • 565,882 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi AJ
    Glad the eyes are a bit better, but sorry about your leg/ankle, take it steady.
    Wendy is was 30 in my living room at 9 am
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-2 stone 11 1/2 lb week 16
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,245Posts Today

8,306Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin