Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,958Posts
    • 34,493Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 169
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 16th Jun 17, 8:11 AM
    • 18,301 Posts
    • 194,140 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, glorious sunshine today.

Going to clear the front garden that I have allowed to rest since I pulled the roses and plant out the fuchsias I have managed to grow from seed today

AAU, thinking of you and your family xx

Snap, hope you manage to raise your dad's spirits, and I am sure your mum will appreciate the visit xx

Gave my grapes (well vine) a good looking over tonight, cant find a single flower on it
    Originally posted by davemorton
    It is easy to miss the potential grapes if you have a lot of leaves, I have never really seen any flowers on my grape vine, but it then goes on to develop miniature bunches of grapes that grow from there.

As for pruning grape vines, we went round a vineyard in Germany and they always prune them hard back to two main branches so I have been doing that ever since. Didn't prune my new one last year though, thought I would let it rest a while as it was new in and it is looking good this year, will give it a good pruning come winter.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Jun 17, 8:12 AM
    • 16,049 Posts
    • 189,463 Thanks
    mhoc
    Please can I ask has anyone used a company called RecoverMe for breakdown insurance?

Errant sons AA is due for renewal so I was just looking to see what else there is - I cant remember the name of the company that Martin Lewis said was the cheapest but I just noticed Recoverme on Groupon this morning for £30 for the plus version which looks perfect.

The hitch is that its for cars up to 12 years old or light commercial up to 8 - not sure how old Errant sons giant van is, I've sent him a message, fingers crossed that its less than 8 - it would be nice to have a simple easy solution

Otherwise its something he needs to check - what companies cover light commercial over 8 years.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Jun 17, 8:12 AM
    • 28,259 Posts
    • 407,409 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

So sorry aau1 .

mrs mac and di (((X)))
    Lost 3st-0.5lb
    • Call of Trouty
    • By Call of Trouty 16th Jun 17, 8:15 AM
    • 5,643 Posts
    • 125,628 Thanks
    Call of Trouty
    Not sure if posted or would work anyway.

Lynx You gift set £4 and 3 for 2 Asda ( instore), £3.25 Tesco but says oos on msm.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Jun 17, 8:16 AM
    • 16,049 Posts
    • 189,463 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also check your emails from Groupon especially the accounts you have you might not have used more than once.

One of my accounts was a new one to use the new users discount so I've not used it since but just in passing I noticed this morning a banner headline which says 90% discount - up to £30 off a local or travel deal
    So now I've got to find something interesting like a deal for a Groupon day out in the region of £35 to £45 or suchlike

This is going to be as bad as trying to decide what to spend £5 in Marks will be
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 16th Jun 17, 8:17 AM
    • 9,495 Posts
    • 107,220 Thanks
    emerald21
    Mrs aau1 and I had our last conversation with her gran yesterday. She passed away just a few hours ago

Mrs aau1 is on her way to be with her mum just now

It's been a long time coming but still....

Mrs aau1's twin sister is in Spain until tomorrow so we need to try and persuade family not to post the news to fb just yet or else she'll be distraught at being so far away
    Originally posted by aau1
    Sorry to read your news aau.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 16th Jun 17, 8:20 AM
    • 4,251 Posts
    • 83,185 Thanks
    izzeyb
    3Dogs waves from hotel room in Solihull. First night of two, in Village Hotel from January Sale. Went out to Zizzi for lovely meal last night, went to bed about 12.30 but woke up at 1.30 with terrible cramp in calves so decided to get up and catch up on here. We are at Good Food Show and Gardeners World Live tomorrow at NEC. Always look forward to this one, not only is it good for freebies, I hire a scooter so no stuggle to get around

Is this the mulers finished then izzey?
    Originally posted by 3Dogs

A bit back the blackcurrant/l flavour changed overnight in online basket to After Dinner Mint Flavour.

If it is going through on After Dinner Mint barcode, it will show in the offer.

Does anyone have one in the fridge, they can take a picture/post up of the barcode ? thanks
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 16th Jun 17, 8:24 AM
    • 9,495 Posts
    • 107,220 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Morning all. I m fine apart from a bad back crawling out of Dawn s golf , felt a pain rippling across my back . A sore back of head when my swinging settee thing broke and I landed on my head , still in the seat but with legs in the air. Also now to cap it all I have a sore throat .
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Jun 17, 8:29 AM
    • 32,663 Posts
    • 439,834 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Also check your emails from Groupon especially the accounts you have you might not have used more than once.

One of my accounts was a new one to use the new users discount so I've not used it since but just in passing I noticed this morning a banner headline which says 90% discount - up to £30 off a local or travel deal
    So now I've got to find something interesting like a deal for a Groupon day out in the region of £35 to £45 or suchlike

This is going to be as bad as trying to decide what to spend £5 in Marks will be
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I've re read my coupon since you posted mhoc. I nearly threw it away as I thought it was to spend at their "evening" only. It has been resurrected and I will buy socks

Thank you
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 16th Jun 17, 8:29 AM
    • 3,260 Posts
    • 30,460 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    A bit back the blackcurrant/l flavour changed overnight in online basket to After Dinner Mint Flavour.

Does anyone have one in the fridge, they can take a picture/post up of the barcode ? thanks
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Which one izzey and I'll have a look?
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 16th Jun 17, 8:30 AM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 23,272 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Not sure which B/C you meant izzeyb....but, here are both

After Dinner Mint....... 025500 157517
    Black/Liq.................... 025500 157517

So they are/were both the same B/C
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • juju17
    • By juju17 16th Jun 17, 8:30 AM
    • 945 Posts
    • 11,727 Thanks
    juju17
    Izzey...after8 is 4025500157517
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Jun 17, 8:30 AM
    • 32,663 Posts
    • 439,834 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    In case anyone missed it, these jam and cream doughnuts are back on offer again in T.

1x ASDA Baker's Selection Jam Doughnuts (2pk)£1.25£0.62
    Originally posted by PartickThistleNil
    Thought you were buying tomatoes for Slimming World

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 16th Jun 17, 8:32 AM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 23,272 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning peeps...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 16th Jun 17, 8:36 AM
    • 3,260 Posts
    • 30,460 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Thought you were buying tomatoes for Slimming World

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Maybe he doesn't need to, he could now be STSB
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 16th Jun 17, 8:36 AM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 23,272 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Which one izzey and I'll have a look?
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Not sure which B/C you meant izzeyb....but, here are both

After Dinner Mint....... 025500 157517
    Black/Liq.................... 025500 157517

So they are/were both the same B/C
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Izzey...after8 is 4025500157517
    Originally posted by juju17
    Everyone makes a mad dash to the fridge....
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Jun 17, 8:37 AM
    • 32,663 Posts
    • 439,834 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Sorry to hear how you feel Mrs Mac....and Di

I'm not going to advise because I know how your job can impact on your well being, your home life and family.

The only thing I would say is, not to rush into doing anything.....take your time. Even making the decision "to delay the decision" puts you back in control. And sometimes working dynamics can change quickly.

And our aau......so sorry to hear about gran I filled up a bit when snap called you 007. There's such a lot of warmth and affection on this thread for people we have never met.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 16th Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    • 2,174 Posts
    • 29,291 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    xxlouise56xx is a friend of my wife's which is why I edited my post to add in the bit about the fb blackout

There is no chance of my SIL reading these boards. She is so quick to part with her cash she could go on Eat Well for Less!
    Originally posted by aau1
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    • scottishshortie
    • By scottishshortie 16th Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 16,172 Thanks
    scottishshortie
    Good morning
    Aau sorry to hear about Mrs Aau gran
    Mrs Mac hope work isn't too bad

Don't forget Lidl offers this weekend are
    Californian Zinfandel £2.99
    Multivitamin Juice 49p 1st
    Italian Secco Bianco £3.39
    Roast and ground coffee 99p
    Yoghurt drink 750g 59p

Think I will be getting a few of the coffee
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 16th Jun 17, 8:39 AM
    • 14,185 Posts
    • 240,637 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Dandelions & milk thistles gathered for the tortoises. Save Mum some pennies.
    Mum has rang, someone is coming this morning to assess her as Dad's carer .... so she is worried about that. I said tell them everything you do for Dad 24/7
    Dad isn't rallying no life in him, no memory

♥ I'm welling up so laters ♥
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

201Posts Today

1,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin