Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,879Posts
    • 34,364Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 128
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Jun 17, 7:59 AM
    • 4,193 Posts
    • 82,545 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Can someone please tell me about the beckham spray - should I be buying online or in store please ?
    Originally posted by tbw

Was posted yesterday, in store shop

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72682036&postcount=2407
    Last edited by izzeyb; 12-06-2017 at 8:43 AM.
    N1LDA
    • tbw
    • By tbw 12th Jun 17, 8:08 AM
    • 4,694 Posts
    • 53,375 Thanks
    tbw
    Thank you - I did see that but I was thinking about a cc if there is no stock in store.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Jun 17, 8:10 AM
    • 28,000 Posts
    • 405,319 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Back to work today and its raining again .
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Jun 17, 8:15 AM
    • 11,692 Posts
    • 128,856 Thanks
    Anon
    Thank you - I did see that but I was thinking about a cc if there is no stock in store.
    Originally posted by tbw
    If there is no stock and no replacements, the APG should match £5 v £1.50 (no multi online).

Hth

Anon
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 12th Jun 17, 8:57 AM
    • 4,091 Posts
    • 43,983 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Monday.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jun 17, 9:02 AM
    • 15,765 Posts
    • 187,179 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all - grey and overcast - I don't know why I expected anything different

I am not really here just yet, I am just a myth and illusion.
    The To Do list is no shorter than it was on Saturday, well much longer actually as we bought loads of half priced B & Q plants on Sunday but it rained so much nothing much got done outside ...

One quick thing though before I get back to tackling it ...

Quidco had the May madness promo running last month and one of the offers (on May 25th) was to spend £3 in The Works for a fidget spinner and get £3 back - you had to use a special code. OH had been ranting on about them for days so I ordered one for him.
    (I was actually going to get a 2nd one using my account but they went out of stock very quickly that day)
    I used click and collect and it showed as tracking on my Quidco activity.
    Finally went to collect it on Saturday and then realised when we got home it was broken so I took it back on Sunday assuming that they would just do a straight swap. Instead she insisted she had to do an online return and then sell me one again.
    Assume now I've lost my £3 cashback ....

annoying isn't it
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Jun 17, 9:08 AM
    • 18,121 Posts
    • 192,818 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Have you got another store you can go to mhoc?

Maybe you got your child one to take on holiday from one of their shops, but you do not have a receipt, after all you do not expect something like that to be broken when you buy it. And your child was extremely disappointed it when it was broken.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 12th Jun 17, 9:43 AM
    • 35,282 Posts
    • 148,883 Thanks
    silvercar
    Home from holidays. It's cold here!
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 12th Jun 17, 10:30 AM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 71,321 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Morning.

Anyone going to try the Beckham, on offer in Morries for orders up to tomorrow. Not sure then how long the price change will take, never been sure of anything with Morries
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Morries price should be picked up by the price collectors on Wednesday, and then entered into the apg system on Friday.

Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 12th Jun 17, 10:42 AM
    • 1,489 Posts
    • 24,034 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    COS win £10 upload receipt enter upto 20 times. Let's see if we can Get some winners
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 12th Jun 17, 11:06 AM
    • 14,015 Posts
    • 238,966 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    I didn't want to jinx it

It was when you and snap were talking about coils and where to get eliquids - so really it's thanks to you that I decided to try
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Well done You

I wouldn't go back to tobacco now
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 12th Jun 17, 11:12 AM
    • 14,015 Posts
    • 238,966 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Thank You Soreen - I left them feedback on their new Toast Me

Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 12th Jun 17, 11:19 AM
    • 14,015 Posts
    • 238,966 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    lesliejack was yesterday's smartest player!

23 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~

• underperky
    • By underperky 12th Jun 17, 11:54 AM
    • 4,962 Posts
    • 61,996 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning ....just
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Jun 17, 12:23 PM
    • 4,516 Posts
    • 47,783 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    It's like those weird chocolate bubble baths or even apple shampoo....not for me
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

I've just used one of those Patisserie de Bain shower gels, it was called Creme Patisserie, and true to its word, it smells like a cake shop. It's very odd being in the shower with the scent of cake mix percolating in the steam. I got mine for nothing, but it's not something I'd buy or even give as a gift.

A few years back, there was a bit of a glitch on BodyShop body butter but only on the cherry version - that smelled like a woodshed to me so I didn't dare give any away as a present.

Apple shampoo and TeaTree shampoo have turned out to be very good household cleaners...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 57

• Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 12th Jun 17, 12:30 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Blacklist
    A quick question about the 3 for 2 if somebody could help? Are the Simple range included? I had a look at TrulyMadly's photos and can't see if they are, even though they're at the bottom of shelves that all seem to have 3 for 2 labels.
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 12th Jun 17, 12:31 PM
    • 4,112 Posts
    • 62,784 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    I've just used one of those Patisserie de Bain shower gels, it was called Creme Patisserie, and true to its word, it smells like a cake shop. It's very odd being in the shower with the scent of cake mix percolating in the steam. I got mine for nothing, but it's not something I'd buy or even give as a gift.

A few years back, there was a bit of a glitch on BodyShop body butter but only on the cherry version - that smelled like a woodshed to me so I didn't dare give any away as a present.

Apple shampoo and TeaTree shampoo have turned out to be very good household cleaners...
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I am also a big no no when it comes to edible fragrant body washes/butters or even smelly candles, but after having my DD stay for a few days i found this in the shower so i did give this one a go over the weekend and it is really lovely, i was pleasantly surprised, it comes in vanilla and strawberry too. x
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 12th Jun 17, 12:36 PM
    • 6,708 Posts
    • 54,275 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Can anyone here give any advice about a child over 18 who has started working?

He's not long 18 and has been at college, but now just wants a full time job (and may have one in the pipeline).

I've tried entitledto.co.uk, but the figures it shows don't seem right (eg it shows me still receiving child ben for him- this wouldn't be if he was working??).

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jun 17, 12:53 PM
    • 15,765 Posts
    • 187,179 Thanks
    mhoc
    Can anyone here give any advice about a child over 18 who has started working?

He's not long 18 and has been at college, but now just wants a full time job (and may have one in the pipeline).

I've tried entitledto.co.uk, but the figures it shows don't seem right (eg it shows me still receiving child ben for him- this wouldn't be if he was working??).

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    I am not totally in the loop but it seems to say you still get child benefit until the end of August

https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-16-19

I seem to think he will also be still disregarded for council tax purposes until the end of October - if you are the only other over 18 adult in the household.

Various people have to be informed of changes
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 12th Jun 17, 1:02 PM
    • 4,193 Posts
    • 82,545 Thanks
    izzeyb
    A quick question about the 3 for 2 if somebody could help? Are the Simple range included? I had a look at TrulyMadly's photos and can't see if they are, even though they're at the bottom of shelves that all seem to have 3 for 2 labels.
    Originally posted by Blacklist

Not sure Blacklist, you would be best checking in your store. Not seen mention of them this time, some of the wipes were included before. I noticed in one of my locals they were with the Rightguard on the end of an aisle, reduced to 75p.
    N1LDA
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

909Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter