Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,947Posts
    • 34,467Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 124
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 11th Jun 17, 8:18 PM
    • 2,280 Posts
    • 25,337 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    My store refused my PAGs, they wouldn't even scan on SS. Was told by an SA they don't go through for multis, been like that for 6 weeks! No it hasn't. Had to pay cash as was in hurry. Anyone else had issues. SA said it was also an email from Head Office today as well???
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    yes
    But it was a friendly sa who warned me this was possible...I did mention it a few weeks ago, but haven't been refused myself
    Friendly sa showed me an email they had in their folder A4 size they have by the till for their use for dos and donts
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jun 17, 8:19 PM
    • 48,624 Posts
    • 566,500 Thanks
    bubbs
    I didn't want to jinx it

It was when you and snap were talking about coils and where to get eliquids - so really it's thanks to you that I decided to try
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Well done though, do you use onepoundiquid?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jun 17, 8:21 PM
    • 11,769 Posts
    • 129,492 Thanks
    Anon
    yes
    But it was a friendly sa who warned me this was possible...I did mention it a few weeks ago, but haven't been refused myself
    Friendly sa showed me an email they had in their folder A4 size they have by the till for their use for dos and donts
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    I don't think the tills have been programmed not to accept them (as I would think it sees each voucher as an amount, rather than what produced them as a separate system?). Evidence from many of us would suggest this is the case. However, it probably just relies on the staff noticing and refusing? Looks like we will have to pick our staff wisely (or try and get them through unaided on the self scan ).

Anon
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 11th Jun 17, 8:24 PM
    • 2,280 Posts
    • 25,337 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    I don't think the tills have been programmed not to accept them (as I would think it sees each voucher as an amount, rather than what produced them as a separate system?). Evidence from many of us would suggest this is the case. However, it probably just relies on the staff noticing and refusing? Looks like we will have to pick our staff wisely (or try and get them through unaided on the self scan ).

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    yes I think you are right...I had a small one refused weeks ago at a different store as it didn't scan..sa said if it doesn't scan we wont accept it..i took it back with a smile and said never mind, as I knew my store would be fine
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 11th Jun 17, 8:28 PM
    • 3,703 Posts
    • 71,790 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Well done though, do you use onepoundiquid?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I tried that at first, but I couldn't get away with their flavours - either too nutty or too sweet. I just wanted tobacco lol. I get mine from magicmist - a little more expensive but nothing compared to buying cigs. I mix their plain tobacco and menthol half and half - does the trick

They sold off their 30ml bottles when the laws changed 19 May, so obviously I stocked up
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jun 17, 8:28 PM
    • 32,597 Posts
    • 439,189 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    It's a year for me on 3rd July - I reckoned if bubbs could do it, so could I
    Hey.....well done Chris....in view of that, I think we should all have some cake to celebrate.

That's everyone except bubbs......and nellie......you two can have a Ryvita each

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jun 17, 8:30 PM
    • 11,769 Posts
    • 129,492 Thanks
    Anon
    Given the run of offers in A (and getting in quick in case it ended early ) I have more APGs than I would prefer and it may be difficult to cash out unless we have some excellent CoS offers come up. Has anyone found a way to cash out please? I know we found that giftcards would not work, but is there another way?

Many Thanks

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    • 32,597 Posts
    • 439,189 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Given the run of offers in A (and getting in quick in case it ended early ) I have more APGs than I would prefer and it may be difficult to cash out unless we have some excellent CoS offers come up. Has anyone found a way to cash out please? I know we found that giftcards would not work, but is there another way?

Many Thanks

Anon
    Can you not just buy tinned stuff/ sugar/flour/ pickles

Or have you enough of everything?

Do you need any new slippers?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jun 17, 8:34 PM
    • 48,624 Posts
    • 566,500 Thanks
    bubbs
    I tried that at first, but I couldn't get away with their flavours - either too nutty or too sweet. I just wanted tobacco lol. I get mine from magicmist - a little more expensive but nothing compared to buying cigs. I mix their plain tobacco and menthol half and half - does the trick

They sold off their 30ml bottles when the laws changed 19 May, so obviously I stocked up
    I like there menthol ...well thats all i use did try peach /cherry etc didnt like it but glad you found some you like
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jun 17, 8:36 PM
    • 48,624 Posts
    • 566,500 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hey.....well done Chris....in view of that, I think we should all have some cake to celebrate.

That's everyone except bubbs......and nellie......you two can have a Ryvita each

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 11th Jun 17, 8:37 PM
    • 1,402 Posts
    • 14,785 Thanks
    Nellie35

That's everyone except bubbs......and nellie......you two can have a Ryvita each]
    Thanks but I've just had a dish of woopsied strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Jun 17, 8:37 PM
    • 14,628 Posts
    • 179,568 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hiya bubbs, on SW can you have pickled onions and pickled beetroot please? Thanks
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Hello,
    Yes as much as you like because its free food

Onions will make you pump..

Beetroot will make your urine red.....

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 11th Jun 17, 8:40 PM
    • 3,703 Posts
    • 71,790 Thanks
    Chrisv

Thanks TM. I put almost a stone on Trying to get it back off, but I couldn't resist that cake

Many Thanks

Anon
    When you buy m/buys, the till sees the total before m/buy savings come off as the cost of your shop - eg if you're buying 3 for 2 at £5 each you could put £5 on a xmas saver, and still pay for shop with apgs.

Hope that makes sense
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    • 14,628 Posts
    • 179,568 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Many Thanks

Anon
    Can you not just buy tinned stuff/ sugar/flour/ pickles

Or have you enough of everything?

Do you need any new slippers?

My default purchase when I have too many APG is alcohol, beer for the old man, and spirits for the cupboard.... then I realised the kids would take a bottle of spirits to a party...

On the rare occasion I get too may APG, I now get things like tea towels, clothes etc. x
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 11th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    • 5,290 Posts
    • 92,854 Thanks
    scamps1966

Anon
    This is SS

I've found out that if you use more than 2 apg's the it'll need an SA to override. If you have to input the numbers, It'll reject the apg. If the voucher scans, as does the receipt, then all ok.

Makes problems for wombles if barcode isn't clear.

JUst remember.

They'll never beat us.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 11th Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    • 2,280 Posts
    • 25,337 Thanks
    HILLBERN

Many Thanks

Anon
    in store and online I have bought kettle, iron crockery, towels, hair clipper, tweezers, garden compost, garden bark..its easier in store than online as I have c+c from a small store.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jun 17, 8:43 PM
    • 48,624 Posts
    • 566,500 Thanks
    bubbs

Onions will make you pump..

Beetroot will make your urine red.....

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I cant eat pickled onions but yes know about beetroot eat loads
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jun 17, 8:45 PM
    • 48,624 Posts
    • 566,500 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks TM. I put almost a stone on Trying to get it back off, but I couldn't resist that cake

When you buy m/buys, the till sees the total before m/buy savings come off as the cost of your shop - eg if you're buying 3 for 2 at £5 each you could put £5 on a xmas saver, and still pay for shop with apgs.

Hope that makes sense
    I didnt know that
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 stone week 17
    • underperky
    • By underperky 11th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 62,334 Thanks
    underperky
    not smelt it, was thinking of putting with other lynx for a gift
    I know I have been awol but just noticed you have lost 2 stone 4 lbs

Well done Bubbs
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Jun 17, 8:49 PM
    • 14,628 Posts
    • 179,568 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I cant eat pickled onions but yes know about beetroot eat loads
    I used to eat loads of beets, and was rather pleased every time I had a red tinkle.......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

597Posts Today

6,288Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin