Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 11,948Posts
    • 34,468Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 120
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 3,562 Posts
    • 46,580 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    you dont have to do that, its quicker just to scan apg while still in shopping mode.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    aau correct me but I don't think ours are set up in the same way Last week I was using one for 74p It accepted then declined The assistant on CS said that only happens when a customer has used the voucher before NOT that she was implying I had done If this did not happen often to me I would have crumpled She just kept digging the hole deeper with all her silly comments as I stood quite happily asking if she thought that was what I had done
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th Jun 17, 8:51 AM
    • 3,562 Posts
    • 46,580 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

I am off to work soon just 3-4 hours

if you are near a sains checkout the stationery aisle There has been lots of stuff rtc 90% off mostly gone now but I got on eraser 10p

Enjoy your day
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jun 17, 9:13 AM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,402 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers

Wild and windy here.

Just had a walk down the field. Everything is sooooooo wet still

I had a lot of seeds coming through in nice straight rows but I think the heavy downpour has put paid to that I had tiny spring onions peeping through but there's just dirty puddle marks where the water has collected. It's a miracle we can grow anything in this country

Having said that, all of a sudden I have a mountain of strawberries ready to ripen. If we have a fine few days, I'll have a glut
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 11th Jun 17, 9:32 AM
    • 7,296 Posts
    • 113,680 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Morning paw sniffers

Wild and windy here.

Just had a walk down the field. Everything is sooooooo wet still

I had a lot of seeds coming through in nice straight rows but I think the heavy downpour has put paid to that I had tiny spring onions peeping through but there's just dirty puddle marks where the water has collected. It's a miracle we can grow anything in this country

Having said that, all of a sudden I have a mountain of strawberries ready to ripen. If we have a fine few days, I'll have a glut
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I know what you mean about the rain, it's collecting everywhere and killing things we where out. Last night making trenches to get it away from the potatoes , we had flooding in between each row. And I got stuck in the mud severseveral times .
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jun 17, 9:39 AM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,087 Thanks
    emerald21
    Dunno, we did it off our own backs
    Originally posted by bubbs
    So did hubby , juts decided one day and stopped thereand then . Was years ago now . Did need lots of chewing gum for a while lol

Good Morning all
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jun 17, 9:41 AM
    • 9,476 Posts
    • 107,087 Thanks
    emerald21
    Yes he still has sex appeal
    Originally posted by underperky
    Does he
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Jun 17, 10:16 AM
    • 6,270 Posts
    • 83,535 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May

Completed Race for Life 25 June 2017

A huge thankyou to everyone who sponsored me
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 11th Jun 17, 10:37 AM
    • 1,426 Posts
    • 9,610 Thanks
    lesliejack
    Morning luvlies

WIN YOUR WEEKLY SHOP

Don't think we knew about this. If you purchase a 14 pack of walkers crisps from T (currently on offer for £2) you may win a cheque for £100, there are 50 chances per day

https://tescoweeklyshopwalkers.co.uk/

T&Cs

https://tescoweeklyshopwalkers.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    where is the code?? on the outside of the packet again??
    sounds a good promotion, but if it is anything like the paypacket deal they have now there isn't much chance of a win. So far I have had £5, and have opened A LOT of packets of crisps. Nobody else seems to have reported winning anything either. x
    essex girl in exile
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jun 17, 11:04 AM
    • 11,784 Posts
    • 129,603 Thanks
    Anon
    aau correct me but I don't think ours are set up in the same way Last week I was using one for 74p It accepted then declined The assistant on CS said that only happens when a customer has used the voucher before NOT that she was implying I had done If this did not happen often to me I would have crumpled She just kept digging the hole deeper with all her silly comments as I stood quite happily asking if she thought that was what I had done
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    It also does this if you have to type in the receipt number (due to it not scanning) and inadvertently type the number wrong . I have experienced this s few times as some receipts are difficult to read.

It is only the final screen that pops up at the end after payment - you can scan in the APG and receipt and you cannot tell until that final screen if it has been accepted.

I always keep the voucher and receipt (in order if more than one) until payment has gone through, as I experienced the CS trying to be helpful typing in the receipts, putting the vouchers in the slot and binning my receipt ... then it was rejected and I looked a wally with a queue behind me while they had to open up the till and tip the bin out to retrieve them and try again .

Anon
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Jun 17, 11:08 AM
    • 14,149 Posts
    • 222,967 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Would this work online do you think?
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    no as the 3 for 2 is not on line
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Jun 17, 11:14 AM
    • 14,149 Posts
    • 222,967 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    nothing to do with when it was scanned. i get some declined for no reason.
    dm said the best way to check whether they are going through ok. by going to card payment then cancel and pay by cash. obviously no need to do the latter if paying by card. i use about 3 - 5 at a time about 20 wombles per week.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Jun 17, 11:20 AM
    • 14,149 Posts
    • 222,967 Thanks
    zippydooda
    It also does this if you have to type in the receipt number (due to it not scanning) and inadvertently type the number wrong . I have experienced this s few times as some receipts are difficult to read.

It is only the final screen that pops up at the end after payment - you can scan in the APG and receipt and you cannot tell until that final screen if it has been accepted.

I always keep the voucher and receipt (in order if more than one) until payment has gone through, as I experienced the CS trying to be helpful typing in the receipts, putting the vouchers in the slot and binning my receipt ... then it was rejected and I looked a wally with a queue behind me while they had to open up the till and tip the bin out to retrieve them and try again .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    you can scan the apg while still in shopping mode. you dont have to press the pay screen or indeed the coupon screen. scanning the apg while in shopping mode takes you straight to the apg screen
    and why would you pay before scanning the apgs
    • scottishshortie
    • By scottishshortie 11th Jun 17, 11:25 AM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 16,172 Thanks
    scottishshortie
    Good morning cloudy and dull here at least there's no rain yet
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Jun 17, 11:27 AM
    • 14,149 Posts
    • 222,967 Thanks
    zippydooda
    hukd tesco
    9 Pack Luxury Aloe Vera Toilet Roll - £1.17 instore Tesco Glasgow Parkhead
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/9-pack-luxury-aloe-vera-toilet-roll-117-instore-tesco-glasgow-parkhead-2714684
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 11th Jun 17, 11:38 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 4,757 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    Morning all

Test Shop late last night, inconclusive as only 3x Multibuys came off. Was in a small A, my least favourite as usually well populated by Trouts (3Dogs, you know the one, about 15 miles West of you) and 342 Sels not on everything that we know are included. So took a bit of a gamble with some items.

20 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    2x Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body & Face Wash (400ml) £4.00 £4.00
    1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) £0.25 £0.26
    3x Sally Hansen Moisturising Polish Remover (200ml) £6.00 £6.00
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £0.35 £0.30
    4x Dove Men+Care Minerals & Sage Body Wash (400ml) £8.00 £8.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g) £0.29 £0.31
    3x L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Energetic Shower Gel (300ml) £6.00 £4.50
    1x ASDA Italian Tomato Passata (500g) £0.39 £0.40
    3x L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Total Clean Shower Gel (300ml) £6.00 £4.50
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Little Bar (18g) £0.25 £0.26 APG £5.86 (only 3x Multibuy)

There were 342 Sels on the Sally H, so I'm not really sure which was wrong Possibly the Dove Men+Care Minerals & Sage Body Wash?

ChelseaFred
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th Jun 17, 11:39 AM
    • 3,562 Posts
    • 46,580 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    9 Pack Luxury Aloe Vera Toilet Roll - £1.17 instore Tesco Glasgow Parkhead
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/9-pack-luxury-aloe-vera-toilet-roll-117-instore-tesco-glasgow-parkhead-2714684
    I live quite near there but am working Thanks anyway
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jun 17, 11:40 AM
    • 11,784 Posts
    • 129,603 Thanks
    Anon
    you can scan the apg while still in shopping mode. you dont have to press the pay screen or indeed the coupon screen. scanning the apg while in shopping mode takes you straight to the apg screen
    and why would you pay before scanning the apgs
    I know. I didn't say you pay before scanning APGs, I was simply referring to the payment screen. I said if you click the payment it prompts the APG accept/decline screen to pop up - I had already scanned my APGs at that point. I am not sure if there is another way to see if the apg has been accepted before you go to the final payment (where you can always go back if required).

Anon
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 11th Jun 17, 11:40 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 4,757 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    This one OK:-

22 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x ASDA 100% Pure Orange Juice Smooth (1lt) £0.69 £0.75
    1x Dove Men+Care Silver Control 48h Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.50 £2.00
    1x Jacob's Krackawheat (200g) £1.23 £1.25
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £1.40 £1.20
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    2x Dove Men+Care Cool Fresh Aerosol Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £5.00 £4.00
    1x ASDA Naturally Sweet Sweetcorn in Water (198g) £0.45 £0.44
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Broccoli (360g) £0.45 £0.46
    1x ASDA Smartprice Spaghetti Loops in Tomato Sauce (395g) £0.14 £0.20
    9x Nivea Refreshing 2In1 Cleanser & Toner (200ml) £22.50 £13.50 APG £12.96

ChelseaFred
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jun 17, 11:50 AM
    • 32,617 Posts
    • 439,402 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    where is the code?? on the outside of the packet again??
    sounds a good promotion, but if it is anything like the paypacket deal they have now there isn't much chance of a win. So far I have had £5, and have opened A LOT of packets of crisps. Nobody else seems to have reported winning anything either. x
    Originally posted by lesliejack
    You are the only person I know who has mentioned a win

I've been incredibly lucky with the free multipacks. I've just counted my winning emails and I've had 12 of them So it's saved me quite a bit
    I have 2 left to print out
    We haven't seen elliechoons for a few days.....I hope she hasn't been blown away at the football this morning
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 11th Jun 17, 11:56 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 4,757 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    You are the only person I know who has mentioned a win

I've been incredibly lucky with the free multipacks. I've just counted my winning emails and I've had 12 of them So it's saved me quite a bit
    I have 2 left to print out
    We haven't seen elliechoons for a few days.....I hope she hasn't been blown away at the football this morning
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Same here, had plenty of free packets but no Paypacket yet (but 'several' 6 packs unopened)

The last week or so I have only had one winner from about 15 packs so I think it's winding down. Not many of the offer packs on display now either.

ChelseaFred
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,059Posts Today

9,056Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin