Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,303Posts
    • 35,021Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1165
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Oct 17, 11:29 PM
    • 26,231 Posts
    • 305,178 Thanks
    davemorton
    Has someone painted a stone

QT is very boring tonight
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    It is isnt it. I thought it might not be up to scratch, as he cant talk much.

No, not a stone. I used a weight to weigh down a bag of hops I put into my home brew. I have just taken it out tonight, and my hands were all grey from the weight, so it has dissolved a little in the brew. Just wondering if I am going to poison myself or not.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    • 34,085 Posts
    • 450,621 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    It is isnt it.

No, not a stone. I used a weight to weigh down a bag of hops I put into my home brew. I have just taken it out tonight, and my hands were all grey from the weight, so it has dissolved a little in the brew. Just wondering if I am going to poison myself or not.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Don't lick your hands and you'll be ok
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 12th Oct 17, 11:36 PM
    • 26,231 Posts
    • 305,178 Thanks
    davemorton
    Don't lick your hands and you'll be ok
    Its more when I start drinking the stuff that concerns me, guess I will be taking the gamble though as have 50 odd bottles of it.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 12th Oct 17, 11:53 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    Blacklist
    Probably a bit late for the list but a coupel of new ones.

16 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    6x Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Cleansing Wipes (25pk) £18.00 £9.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g) £0.23 £0.24
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x KTC Plum Tomatos in Tomato Juice (400g) £0.39 £0.25
    3x KTC Chopped Tomato in Tomato Juice (400g) £1.00 £0.75
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Oxo Ham Stock Cubes (71g) £1.29 £1.00
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 6 Black Pudding Slices (250g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Mixed Peppers (3pk) £0.99 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £22.21 £12.54
    +£9.67 cheaper= £10.93 APG

10 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    1x Sharwood's Rogan Josh Medium Curry Sauce (420g) £1.00 £0.87
    1x ASDA Smart Price Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g) £0.23 £0.24
    1x ASDA Smart Price Lemonade (2l) £0.17 £0.17
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Smart Price Still Spring Water (2l) £0.17 £0.17
    1x John Frieda Frizz-Ease Miraculous Recovery Intensive Masque (150ml) £6.00 £3.34
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x John Frieda Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Mousse (200ml) £6.00 £3.33
    1x John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original 6 Effects Serum (50ml) £6.00 £3.33

Comparison total (compared products only) £19.87 £11.75
    +£8.12 cheaper = £9.30 APG
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 13th Oct 17, 12:11 AM
    • 19,919 Posts
    • 255,984 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Thanks for all the great comparisons on 342 items. I've needed to go to Aldi tonight (no offers on cereal and Aldi worked out cheaper) so I chose the one near to M. Clearly I need to take a look at all the H&B items. Yet again I have everything but! I don't do excellent glitch prices, I just do standard prices. There have been some price changes in A as I noticed several, both up and down, whilst I was updating 'the list' on the M expiry dates. Generally the ones that have gone up will now be marked with a thank you or a jump around, the ones on which Mr A has put its price down will be marked with a frown. However, some of those emoticons were pre-existing (there before today).

As part of the A price changes, some of which I think are intended to see shoppers generally paying more at the weekend, clearly items are going into and out of the 342 deal at A - I am glad someone has looked into this whilst I have been away elsewhere. I don't need to frown as we work together as a team. Let me explain the problem for me. I have not been shopping in A yet and the problem is that the 342 details are not showing online. Precisely what is causing the glitch is the same thing that is making it impossible for me to see easily what is on 342 as I generally check A's prices online. Thanks for doing the price collection in A whilst I have been in M. (Frowning about me being in A, smiling about someone else being in A.)

I've had a look for the "hopeless unless they are, to my lack of knowledge, in the 342" Johnson's items at £1.50 and for the Nivea Lip products that the M I've just revisited has. Clearly however I need to be looking wider at the H&B items that I omitted, including the normally expensive (or expensive at M offer prices maybe) small sizes that I haven't been considering.

I seem to have no hope on glitch items and it's a problem with my method of price collection that has arisen several times before - looking mainly for the good M offer prices. Whilst that identifies many fairly good items for straight 10% (or much better if they happen to coincide with a glitch at A), it doesn't look at the fact that way more expensive full prices on a glitch against even regular price elsewhere or a not-so-good offer may work out far far better than the options on straight non-glitch 10% against a good M price. To look at the glitch items, I need to know precisely which items are glitching - and preferably before they even do so, as there is no way that I can take details of full regular prices of items in M. I failed on the T baking offer, which I still don't know if what I've been saying works btw, as there is just too much beyond offers and I have to deal with a limited selection of M offer prices and anything else as a special thing known about in advance of price collection.

I think I need to go back to M. However, I think that the best comparisons on the items mentioned have already been identified. Instead, I have managed to find a Neutrogena item in M that is one of the ones that A doesn't have - can't see it online anyway so won't work on APG if that is so.

I am sorry - I deal with the detailed obscurity that has no clue as to the wider use of items and I don't see the bigger picture of the far better glitches. Never mind!

As usual, I was looking elsewhere - and I am happened upon something in my M tonight a bit strange. I picked up a pack of 7 pack Trebor Strong Mints from the clearance shelf as a very damaged pack, but still with all seven rolls intact (and it turns out long BB date). However, strangely, on coming back here I notice that M don't have 7 pack Trebor mints according to online, the number that I have somehow bought. Except that I notice that a Google search for the 7 pack from M's website brings up the current page that - yet again - they don't have the product information and the cache from a few weeks ago is that they were "currently sourcing detailed information". Presumably they gave up their sourcing.

I do hope that I have not paid more for my Trebor Mints by scanning the reduced sticker rather than the original BC. However, I notice that, give or take a few digits at the start, the BC of the reduced sticker is identical to the BC of the product. I hope that means it goes through at the same price, even if my pack was damaged - but that was all just the pack and I suspect there weren't any undamaged packs in my store available to me anyway. I am happy with that, sort of, having discovered what is or isn't online, as it is the same use of the mints and the outer packaging being ripped and extremely damaged makes no difference to the product inside.

It is strange that M doesn't have the pack I have bought online, claiming it to be out of stock some time ago and now having the information that there is no information. How odd. I think this means that Trebor Extra Strong Mints 7 pack have gone on clearance in M and may be at the clearance price of 50p. So, keep an eye out in M in case you stumble across the 7 pack. I hope they are not cheaper than my price.

Anyway, I popped into M in case there was some bread (that we don't quite need yet) - I ended up not getting any as the one I wanted was OOS in my store but ended up spending far more buying items I didn't go for. I managed to visit at the time there were some RTC cereal boxes at good price on the shelves - so I spent far more than a loaf of bread but have ended up with some reduced price cereal which I needed. They were (still are I think) some 750g Special K Original at 75p each. I think those were 66p each when buying three against a glitched T offer some years ago. Inflation for you.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 13-10-2017 at 1:14 AM.
    M lists - post 24450 onwards for now (on page 612).
    Partially expired version from last week with this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout].
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 13th Oct 17, 12:15 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    Blacklist
    Thank you for the KTC tomatos Savvybuyer. They don't show on mysupermrket for me so I took a wee risk because you posted that the morrison comparison should pick up their 4 for £1.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 13th Oct 17, 12:33 AM
    • 19,919 Posts
    • 255,984 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Thank you for the KTC tomatos Savvybuyer. They don't show on mysupermrket for me so I took a wee risk because you posted that the morrison comparison should pick up their 4 for £1.
    Originally posted by Blacklist
    Oh! Did I mention them? Yes, I did, but only in passing, as I was explaining why SP Tomatoes vs M at 30p (one version was last seen at 25p in S) weren't the best price. We normally want KTC to glitch rather than be against straight M offers. Nonetheless, I know how it is like, when I also have to make purchases because we need the product and have ran out and no glitch has come along.

The KTC are also the reason, btw, why SP Red Kidney Beans never make one of my lists. Since their price increase and equivalents elsewhere has taken them to 30p, the KTC offers, which include Kidney Beans, are now a better way price per tin on buying kidney beans. M have both Red and White Kidney Beans - the M pricing for those is showing on msm and the mbuy price is a better price than "Savers" - although, of course, it does require you to make multiple purchases. However, of tinned items like this or possible mix and matching with other tins, you probably would in total want/need to buy more than one anyway.

I now notice neither of the two versions of tomatoes are showing online. I haven't actually bothered to take details of M's range of KTC tins instore as that's a rather standard offer and not seen as good enough when not coinciding with any known glitch. But, yes, I think M have all 9 versions that A has - I don't know if I have seen them in my M or not as my Ms can be a bit hit or miss on these items - they often don't have all of them or many of them at all although one of my stores has improved this year on these 'world food' items. Fortunately, I think the APG has a better store on these items than me - although any store can go complete no trace of items here and there of a range and just hope that they happen to have it somewhere else if that happens - particularly if some items, like world foods, aren't stocked in as many stores.

I suspect the APG has two good stores on these (the KTC tins generally) though, that will very likely get the full range in one if not the other on infrequent occasions when both don't have the full range - fortunately they use stores with bigger ranges than my useless nearby stores.

And, that said on world foods, I found, to my surprise, that a single item from what I have seen before to be a range, on a completely different world food (or drink) has landed in one of my nearby stores, that I have never seen there before and was only ever out at big stores far way before. Sadly I can't now say that M has some other versions of the product anymore (they are the KA 330ml soft drinks cans) - but I suspect they do and are on the offer that was showing on the one in my store. However, A have now put on an mbuy that is a better offer than M's, so, in the event, I won't be using any of the products on my list at all. Avoid the KA drinks vs M - certainly if buying into A's mbuy offer. I would have liked to take up A's mbuy, since it's better than what they've had before - and also beats 10% cheaper than the regular offer that M goes to - but sadly although the products are showing logged out on msm, they don't have them in my As.

Possible fillers vs Waities it seems, on the A mbuy, if anyone whose A has them wants them. Northern Ireland using 4 for £1 - keep off APG! I know - 25p a can() - bottles of soft drink may be cheaper for the amount in those and prices on own label cans may sometimes be better - as well as, presumably, damaged cans but sometimes it's alright I feel to go for something like this.

EDIT: Only one soft drink can apparently on A online. So just one filler buying multiples of that. However, I note there is a ginger beer, so could possibly mix and match that and get two fillers vs W. The Black Grape needs to be kept away from vs M on the A mbuy at least as M do have this and it is likely to be picked up. However, I don't recall M having the Ginger Beer anywhere I'd seen before and they might not have it (famous last words though). I suppose I could try Mr Ts, if I really wanted it, buying 4 instead of 3, and if I wanted to buy 10 different items from them... except that my T is showing unavailable logged in on msm too, which is usually accurate and therefore I might not have them here at all.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 13-10-2017 at 1:02 AM.
    M lists - post 24450 onwards for now (on page 612).
    Partially expired version from last week with this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout].
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 13th Oct 17, 1:28 AM
    • 13,719 Posts
    • 142,169 Thanks
    3Dogs
    I'm off to bed now, the updates on post 19 and 20 are all done, but took a long time .... but kept me occupied

Night Night
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 10/16
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 13th Oct 17, 4:26 AM
    • 3,513 Posts
    • 18,157 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Info only pud in the mug still working 6 for 98p
    Originally posted by bcw123
    How do they work out so cheap?
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Oct 17, 6:13 AM
    • 5,165 Posts
    • 53,402 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 13th Oct 17, 6:38 AM
    • 3,360 Posts
    • 31,414 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning. Good choice of pic Seren I've just watched the weather report and its not looking good for here.
    Today I'm decluttering our wardrobes, dh got the winter clothes out of the loft last night so the time has come to see what fits.
    I haven't tackled the kitchen cupboards yet because our friends aren't coming to stay until 17th November so if I do them too soon I'll need to do them again.
    Thanks anon for the dog food on cos I've added it to a cnc order from As today, dh is picking it up after work so I've added that, the amstel and the 0%yoghurt.
    Froctober £50 £27.85
    NSD 10/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 3.5lb
    • cjj
    • By cjj 13th Oct 17, 6:51 AM
    • 6,289 Posts
    • 82,901 Thanks
    cjj
    Morning hope everyone is well.

Congratulations tbw on your new addition.

LEJC great news on your house.

3 dogs so sorry your feeling down, always at the end of a pm for you xxx

Bubbs glad your having a great week.

Mhoc so sorry to hear your son has lost his job, hopefully something will turn up soon.

Thanks to all the phorographers list makers & testers, much appreciated xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 13th Oct 17, 7:46 AM
    • 2,494 Posts
    • 41,156 Thanks
    izzy65
    Good morning, DM was thinking pewter but as it made your hands grey it probably is aluminium ☹️, you could read up on the effects on the body if you wanted but might put you off your brew😳
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Oct 17, 7:49 AM
    • 26,231 Posts
    • 305,178 Thanks
    davemorton
    Good morning, DM was thinking pewter but as it made your hands grey it probably is aluminium ☹️, you could read up on the effects on the body if you wanted but might put you off your brew��
    Originally posted by izzy65
    blimey, it must be bad!
    I had discounted aluminium as I thought it would stay shiny, where as this is very dull except when scratched.
    Last edited by davemorton; 13-10-2017 at 7:52 AM.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 13th Oct 17, 7:54 AM
    • 5,586 Posts
    • 68,386 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    (((X))) mhoc and 3Dogs.

Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 17, 8:06 AM
    • 51,170 Posts
    • 585,508 Thanks
    bubbs
    Wow, that will be brilliant. You will be able to imagine you are in your teens again
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Cheeky booger
    Morning all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 17, 8:21 AM
    • 51,170 Posts
    • 585,508 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside
    Walkers Crisps - 6 Pack of "Choose Me or Lose Me?" Multiple Flavours - 50p - Tesco instore

Heinz Classic Cream of Tomato or Chicken soup 400g only 41p each with PYO @ Waitrose
    £0.41

Quaker Oat So Simple Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice - £1 instore @ Morrisons
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Oct 17, 8:23 AM
    • 34,085 Posts
    • 450,621 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers

Can we have a round up?

How many jars of OOD mincemeat do people have?

When are we going to eat them?

Does anyone have a recipe for mincemeat cake?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Oct 17, 8:29 AM
    • 1,956 Posts
    • 20,723 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Thanks austin

I've just got one but mr TM has to buy one to get the next one free
    Buy one Go in together and you get your free one, add stamp to his app, two minutes later he has his free one.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Oct 17, 8:31 AM
    • 28,725 Posts
    • 411,105 Thanks
    tweets
    Morning paw sniffers

Can we have a round up?

How many jars of OOD mincemeat do people have?

When are we going to eat them?

Does anyone have a recipe for mincemeat cake?
    None I have never bought mincemeat don't like it
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

290Posts Today

2,033Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin