Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,309Posts
    • 35,040Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1157
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Oct 17, 7:46 PM
    • 34,115 Posts
    • 450,840 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

Few other bits I didn't buy but all same section, smaller jars gherkins, 2 different jarred slaws and red onions, sel for a chorizo jam none at my local.

Mr TS will be especially pleased with the bacon jam as he had a go at making his own after seeing it on some cooking program.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Did you buy a carrier?

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Oct 17, 7:48 PM
    • 34,115 Posts
    • 450,840 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    They have taken her to the delivery suite and are going to break her waters to see if that helps. She has got a lot of pain in her side so they are now giving her morphine - I am getting increasingly worried now.
    Originally posted by tbw
    I haven't caught up, so hope there's some positive news tbw.....bless her. She'll be exhausted
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 11th Oct 17, 7:57 PM
    • 13,722 Posts
    • 142,238 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Evening peeps.

T's prices have changed for the Alberto.

Asda Tesco
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Shampoo (300ml) £6.00 £4.50
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Stunning Shine Shampoo (300ml) £6.00 £4.50
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Thanks for reporting scamps. This makes them 68p each, so £1.95 APG for each 3 purchased. I have updated list of glitch items/prices on post 20
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 10/16
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 11th Oct 17, 7:57 PM
    • 2,490 Posts
    • 37,724 Thanks
    wendyak
    I haven't caught up, so hope there's some positive news tbw.....bless her. She'll be exhausted
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    nothing posted yet as been waiting and biting my nails...Elite babies are so stressful xxxxxx
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 11th Oct 17, 8:12 PM
    • 13,722 Posts
    • 142,238 Thanks
    3Dogs
    nothing posted yet as been waiting and biting my nails...Elite babies are so stressful xxxxxx
    Originally posted by wendyak
    Indeed. Hoping for very good news soon tbw ♥

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 10/16
    • tbw
    • By tbw 11th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    She is currently in the delivery suite and is having contractions but not sure how frequent they are (she is much too busy to tell me !!!). Hopefully baby will appear tonight.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Oct 17, 9:22 PM
    • 19,963 Posts
    • 256,237 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I am back from M now, for what remains the rest of the day. I have a feeling that I have forgotten something so will have to make something up. I probably haven't though. So much to mention when I can later! Or maybe I will just silently update the list as, again, a matter of getting round to at least some items that are inevitably at the end of my updating (something has got to be).

Some things I wanted to mention earlier I might get to in a few moments - they have been overtaken in the last half hour by this:

I think M might not have intended to put the WW Signature meals onto RTC earlier. Whether it did or it did not, it seems they are now £1.75! I have more versions in my store than I had before - four of them now - but the SELs, if they were present, have been pulled off two and the other two are showing the full price £1.75. That is now what at least one of them that I have scanned - I chose the Salmon & Brocolli Melt - really is. So, if that was RTC - I had it as 78p - it is now no longer and has gone back up to £1.75. Or perhaps it was always £1.75 but, if so, I have no indication of any of the others being 78p or 63p and they have made changes to the shelf, actively showing two of them at £1.75 and no SELs for the other two (no 78p RTC label in sight for me now). If it is the case that they are no longer on RTC, then the hope in M now is getting that price, via CS, if your store has still left the RTC SEL on. You never know - this could happen. One other product I have in one of my stores - completely irrelevant to WW meals - has been showing the RTC price for over a week but it appears from online that the RTC ended several months ago.

The 'standard' WW meals (Beef Hotpot, Beef Lasagne, Chicken Curry, Chicken Hotpot, Cottage Pie) are still 63p though - at least the Chicken Hotpot is, that I had available to me, and two of the others I am seeing a 63p RTC SEL but from a different store now as they have vanished from the first; the further two I am taking to be remaining at 63p, for now at least, as I have no trace in my limited range of stores.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-10-2017 at 9:26 PM.
    M lists - post 24450+ for now (page 612).
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    My ref.: previously page 535 (21371).
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 12,201 Posts
    • 133,198 Thanks
    Anon
    I have made a few successful 3bay sales with fees capped at £1. However the name of the buyer includes a reference number and name and the address is a unit rather than private address. Is this legitimate or something to worry about? P4ypal has the same address and is marked as verified. I will be sending tracked and with appropriate compensation level.

Many thanks

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I went back and read the email again - they had bought with the global shipping programme (the name field includes their Reference number, you send to a UK address, 3bay then relabel/package and forward on internationally at the buyers cost, sorting customs etc where required).

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 11-10-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Oct 17, 9:50 PM
    • 19,963 Posts
    • 256,237 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Bear with me folks - and you may have to bear with me for half a day or more [EDIT: Actually you won't - now posted everything I wanted to mention tonight] as the information comes out piecemeal - just so many further items in each store! I am getting £9.30 for the San Miguel everywhere so I am thinking that is off in M. I am taking the Pampers 12x56 wipes boxes as being £7.50 as I am getting that being shown in every store - although I do have one store that has a £10 SEL but no stock on the shelves and the stock is out at the front with £7.50 offer label. I am seeing £7.50 offer labels in every store and a £7.50 SEL in one of them.

I don't think the Gillette Blue 3 Disposable 4 Razors are off - I now think they are £2 offer and that was just a full price SEL in my first store. After I left you this afternoon, I started to have confusion about whether the Ginsters rolls were still 75p or have gone up. I am siding on them still being 75p - although we shall see from online whether I have moved in the correct direction on those or not (assuming the products remain online with prices)

My apologies for removing the Nivea Irresistably Smooth Body Lotion 250ml from the list last time - that was an error as one of my stores (the only one I had it in last time, clearly not visiting enough stores) has lost its RTC label and was showing me full price £3.48. I now have £1.50 RTC in my "new" store and the product really is still £1.50 today (scanned).

I put a thought symbol over an APG comp. where the big tin - 418g - of A's Pink Salmon had returned M N/A. M have had their version of this product in the past. If they have it now, then I have not been able to find it - no trace of it now in my stores. I think this must mean that it went on clearance at a much cheaper price many months ago. Otherwise, how else do they get rid of stuff that they are possibly discontinuing? Whoever knows though - someone could find it around in their M, probably a rare M: stock that somehow never got sold or got misplaced somewhere and has been finally brought out - still with RTC (if it ever went onto one that I have never seen). I think the most likely possibilities for this rare situation, if so - and I don't even know that it ever went onto an RTC - are that stock has lain around on the shelving with full price SEL that has never got changed or that it was lost somewhere and has only recently been brought out to its right place - as, surely, if it were brought out afresh, it would initially have no SEL and then someone would notice there was no SEL and would then find out and put the RTC label on the shelf (thus ensuring it disappeared soon after)? As far as I know, it is no longer available in M - but I would hesitate to say that anything wasn't available - it's hard to prove that they don't have something - instead, if someone were to find it, that would disprove that it wasn't there - and I am rarely convinced that there is absolutely zero stock of it in every one of their hundreds of stores. If you find M's big tin product, I would like to know. TIA.

Finally, perhaps related to this, it can be the case that, even the same store can be vastly different two days later - they can bring out a whole range of items that were not there before or now have new SELs of items that weren't present at all before and have apparently sold completely out in the one day in between. I have revisited one store just two days after I last visited and now got a whole range of kitchen items, or at least SELs for kitchen items, not there before. There are so many items on good RTC prices available in that section - I will have a whole (but very likely still incomplete) list of them but the reason I said before you're best just checking your M and seeing what they have (and then apparently rechecking your M 24 hours later) is that I am getting a lot - certainly not all of them by any means but still quite a significant number - where I just have SELs and no stock at all so the items are certainly selling fast and may be gone if you wait for a list of things many of which you won't have (or won't have stock of if you wait for the list). I suppose it depends on how much stock different stores had in the first place - there is still stock of some of them in my stores, and stock of all of them somewhere I would imagine - just pot luck what your store(s) has left - lots of different kitchen equipment - graters, peelers, cake tins, roasting trays, everything - and some of them may still be in stock if your store had quite a lot in the first place or if its SEL was changed late.

I must be very unlucky though - I have no luck on any forks that I could do with having - just loads of knives and some spoons everywhere - I have Savers Knives packs still at 40p RTC SEL. I do not know whether Savers Forks are available somewhere - if they are, I have not found them. I bet they probably are, in some store ages away from me that didn't get rid of them several months ago on some offer. I have found a SEL now for some different forks, that might have done as an alternative for me - even if a bit more expensive - but no forks at all on the shelf, just lots and lots of knives! I have even emptied some of the boxes of knives and put them all back again in case some forks had been mixed in - still no forks.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-10-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Oct 17, 10:10 PM
    • 19,963 Posts
    • 256,237 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    The McVities Snack bars are really 87p in M - one version at random scanned at this today. I have had 87p SELs since last Wednesday, on "way down price crunch" having been last seen by me before then at 50p SELs. I don't know how they can say they are "way down price crunch" at 87p when they have been cheaper seemingly immediately before and seem to have gone up from 50p immediately beforehand. However, perhaps I do know: they are probably comparing it to standard price, the full price that they have usually been at so that, it is supposed to be for longer, it is a price crunch compared to that "established price" rather than to the brief 50p price that can be ignored precisely because of its brevity - because it wasn't on that long. However, the snack bars were, according to online before, on offer for 87p for some time in M - I do not know how long.

I think the 24 Bold laundry liquids have shot back up to full price, as I am getting that showing in all stores now including the one that changed from £3 last Wednesday to £2.77 on Monday (I had £2.77 last Wednesday at another store so the one I've seen now may have changed to the £2.77 SEL a little late but has had to change the SELs again within the space of a week as they do seem now to be full price). They obviously did not want their best offer price of £2.77 being available for very long. In fact, the last time I had that - many months ago - and the product was brought out to the front of the store of one of my stores, with big offer label on it, the offer label, a few days later, got changed from a £2.77 offer label to a £3 offer label and it then remained at that, with I suspect very few people noticing it. Now £5.97 in M it seems, bringing me back into tandem with what online is showing.

So it's just the kitchen items, the stationery items and the remainder of the WW meals that are still on 63p. Actually that's more expensive than buying at full price the one that had cashback a few weeks ago and then getting the 75p cashback. However, I still think it's a good price and at least it is materialised immediately and you don't have to wait for cashback. CB sadly no longer available - would not have been available on an RTC purchase from M as cost is lower than the 75p - and I think M went onto 63p too late and CB offer had already expired by then - careful now though as 63p times several can easily mount up.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-10-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Oct 17, 10:14 PM
    • 27,504 Posts
    • 376,029 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Did you buy a carrier?

Ummm................................. Yes

And one of their 50p bags too. DD3 has changed shifts so it was out the door for chauffeur duties without giving bags a thought. And I didn't park in Sainsbobs car park so couldn't use a trolley.

I will hand in my Elite badge at the door...

Actually thinking these earlier shifts DD is doing may be positive for me if I get there early as they were only just changing the SELs when I got there this morning. I had first dibs before the staff...they noticed me filling a basket.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Oct 17, 10:15 PM
    • 12,201 Posts
    • 133,198 Thanks
    Anon
    Some of you do seem to worry about missing points very early - patience is a virtue . They will get added and if not you have your receipts. - it can take up to 28 days. The offer ended on Sunday, it is only Wednesday so give them a chance .

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Oct 17, 10:29 PM
    • 12,201 Posts
    • 133,198 Thanks
    Anon
    Tied to 3bay sales, Collect plus have 52.5% Cashback on TCB. Alternatively there is a code on HUKD for 50% off. New accounts only (new account seems to be defined by email address ).

HTH

Anon
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Oct 17, 10:48 PM
    • 19,963 Posts
    • 256,237 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    1x
    MAOAM GIANT STRIPES 15G
    £0.09 † n/a
    1x
    MAOAM SOUR GIANT STRIPES 15G
    £0.09 † n/a
    1x
    SWIZZELS MATLOW WINE GUMMIES SINGLE 16G
    £0.08 † n/a
    1x
    SWIZZELS DRUMSTICK LOLLY
    £0.08 † n/a
    1x
    GIANT NEW REFRESHER CHEW BAR (C)
    £0.08 † n/a
    1x
    BARRATT FLUMPS 12G
    £0.09 † n/a
    1x
    HARIBO STARMIX MINI BAG 16G
    £0.09 † n/a
    1x
    PROPERCORN LIGHTLY SEA SALTED 70G
    £1.59 £1.00
    1x
    PROPERCORN SWT & SALTY 90G SHARING BAG
    £1.59 £1.00
    1x
    PROPERCORN SWEET COCONUT & VANILLA 90G
    £1.59 £1.00
    1x
    PROPERCORN P/NUT P/NUT & ALMD POPCORN 90 G
    £1.59 n/a
    1x
    PROPERCORN KIDS SWEET POPCORN 5 PACK
    £1.89 n/a
    1x
    PROPERCORN SWEET POPCORN 90G
    £1.59 n/a
    Originally posted by lalli_pickle
    Thanks for this. Sorry that three don't compare. The three that do are the only three that I have found in each M I have visited today.

I still can't rule out that M don't have, in particular, the Sweet Popcorn which I understand has CB - I notice it seems to be a new item so it may be that it hasn't made its way into the Ms that I have visited yet - however because it is new, that could also be a reason why TBG doesn't have it in the system for M. More likely however is that the collectors don't have it in their three Ms

It may well be that M doesn't have this version, or the two others, although even after checking my stores and getting no trace, I can't say they don't have it. I checked for additional flavours of a wine ages ago and was getting no extra ones and I checked one more store for that than I have checked today for the popcorn. I was near concluding that I had the full range - however, I did not, as online showed an extra wine. I did eventually find that additional wine but it took more stores - and certainly more than three (for me, not choosing a right store in my three in the first place), I think it took me six stores or possibly more than that to find the outstanding wine. Had I gone straight to the place that had it, I could have been absent some of the other versions I had straight off though.

At the moment, I don't know that M have, in particular, the Sweet Popcorn. Even if it should turn up in one of my Ms later, I don't know that they had it anywhere at the time of this shop. Sorry not to bring anything positive - such is not within my gift if T don't compare - they might be right - I currently know that M do have the three that TBG says, and independently from TBG's information itself, and, if M have any others, I am not aware of it. (A change from what I might have said in the past, when I lacked any experience of what M has - I would have said I didn't think they had it and would possibly, or even probably, be wrong.)

However, I wouldn't trust TBG completely, as clearly M have Maoam Giant Stripes, Barratt Flump, Haribo Starmix 16g bag and possibly that Swizzels Drumstick Lolly depending on what the weight is of the one you bought - and I'm not necessary complete on this myself - but it is nice they let you have their 6 for 50p offer without subtracting money from you for it. Sorry about your greater 'loss', on the Propercorn (I suppose it's not really a loss, depending on if you want them, or how badly, for the price paid - or maybe change your mind and take the items back to CS?). Thanks for trying - you never know, the hopeless three stores they use might let them have some item that I don't have in my hopeless three stores. Clearly so, from going to a different one today and getting so much more than I didn't have from my 2+1 different = 3 used over two different days in the past week.

So, yes, I went to a different store this afternoon and... what an eye-opener! The one I used doesn't really take me into other items that I know I don't have but... a new small range of items that I didn't know about. That store there... I thought I had nearly finished and then I turned into another aisle and... a load of items none of which I had - with ten minutes before I was due to leave.

I also have two versions of a Sure deodorant on my list already, that are (or were when I compiled it) the only two showing online and I thought that was all that M had. Wrong! A further version turns up in the different store. So, welcome Mr Incompletist again!
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-10-2017 at 11:03 PM.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 11th Oct 17, 10:56 PM
    • 5,590 Posts
    • 68,419 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Hoping to wake up to baby news tomorrow. Night all.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Oct 17, 11:07 PM
    • 19,963 Posts
    • 256,237 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I think I have now said what has come from M today. (Bet you're all bored of me mentioning thing after thing M-related - and sorry Northern Ireland.) So, it's now down to the updating and, as used to be usual, lots of other things to appear silently there. Not right away btw. For now, goodnight all!
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-10-2017 at 11:20 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Oct 17, 11:08 PM
    • 19,963 Posts
    • 256,237 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Hoping to wake up to baby news tomorrow. Night all.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Is that congratulations in order or do I misunderstand?
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 11th Oct 17, 11:10 PM
    • 13,722 Posts
    • 142,238 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Goodnight hornetgirl and Savvy.

No Savvy, the awaited baby is still awaited. We are just hoping it appears overnight

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Oct 17, 11:15 PM
    • 19,963 Posts
    • 256,237 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    All is very clear, I tell you.

I have done enough for today and, hopefully, done as best as I could (out of what was available to me). So that is simply the reason (there always is a reason, for everything, with me) why I am not getting straight down to the updating right now. I will have to go - see you later.
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 11th Oct 17, 11:20 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    tpwl66
    They have taken her to the delivery suite and are going to break her waters to see if that helps. She has got a lot of pain in her side so they are now giving her morphine - I am getting increasingly worried now.
    Originally posted by tbw
    Ahh tbw , I do hope the baby is soon safely delivered, such a big waiting game xx. Not too long now x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,420Posts Today

6,908Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin