Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,303Posts
    • 35,025Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1155
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th Oct 17, 11:40 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 48,409 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Crikey, poor girl must have been in agony for all those days. She will be exhausted fingers crossed for today for you all.

omg someone could be in trouble
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    You think that I would given someone into trouble Yep

More likely the customer was nearby but I need to check The chances of anyone mentioning such a remote place always freaks me out when its coincidental
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48 Week 3 £28.60
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 11th Oct 17, 11:53 AM
    • 2,489 Posts
    • 37,718 Thanks
    wendyak
    We've just heard on the weather that we will be having a nice afternoon....sometime. They are unsure when....it could be this week

I've just had a terrible shock and I urge all of you to look behind your beds immediately.
    I was changing our pillowcases and the bedside lamp was on. I peered behind the headboard and the skirting boards are filthy

How did that happen?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    ha ha, you must be houseproud as this is normal and even found in some hotels xxx
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 11th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 2,489 Posts
    • 37,718 Thanks
    wendyak
    Poor girl, poked and prodded so needlessly - she must be so fed up of medics by now. I suppose once they start to induce you they cant send you home even if nothing happens.
    Hopefully today will be the big day
    Originally posted by mhoc
    They can if your waters are intact and the baby is not in distress, they do it all the time at our local maternity hospital, it seems that carrying on normal life is sometimes better than sitting in a bed waiting .
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Oct 17, 12:24 PM
    • 27,504 Posts
    • 376,029 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    All 20p Sainsbobs

Few other bits I didn't buy but all same section, smaller jars gherkins, 2 different jarred slaws and red onions, sel for a chorizo jam none at my local.

Mr TS will be especially pleased with the bacon jam as he had a go at making his own after seeing it on some cooking program.
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 11-10-2017 at 1:49 PM.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    • 19,919 Posts
    • 256,008 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    You're welcome.

If its likely to be a short lived glitch my strategy is two shops (wait three hours) two more shops, rinse and repeat.
    So, 9am, 12.30, 16.00, 19.30.
    Eight shops a day.

Of course I never know whether its going to be short lived so I batter the glitch anyway in the early days.
    Originally posted by pepper77
    You could do more than that if you wanted to go into the night, or start in the early hours.
    On Sundays we are cut back a little, at least in England/Wales and with no hope of crossing into Scotland during the day, as effectively, starting right on opening, it is 10am and then will have to be soon after 1pm depending on how fast you completed the first shop - unless anyone has another A that chooses to open until 5pm, that's then it - without anywhere open an hour later, it's two shopping trips and could be 11am/2pm or midday/3pm - or 12.30pm/quarter to four if you want to cut it fine - actually 3.20pm and 3.40pm on Sundays do seem to be the best time for more wombles today as people are forced to shop before 4.

Hopefully, the limit of two shopping trips on Sunday will go up a little in a few weeks' time when the check time reverts to waiting two hours.
    M lists - post 24450 onwards for now (on page 612).
    Partially expired version from last week with this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout].
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • tbw
    • By tbw 11th Oct 17, 1:32 PM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    They can if your waters are intact and the baby is not in distress, they do it all the time at our local maternity hospital, it seems that carrying on normal life is sometimes better than sitting in a bed waiting .
    Originally posted by wendyak
    They have taken her to the delivery suite and are going to break her waters to see if that helps. She has got a lot of pain in her side so they are now giving her morphine - I am getting increasingly worried now.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    • 19,919 Posts
    • 256,008 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    There a few changes in M today (it's only two days after I last visited) although I am back to thinking the major changes are back on Mondays. There are extra offers (or ones that I didn't notice on Monday or ones that neither of my stores had got round to showing until yesterday or this morning). There may be a handful of changes upwards - though I can't say that these are definitely changes yet as I am part way through and need to see if that it is the way the prices have gone. The Bold 24 washes (1.2L) may be off in M and going from £2.77 to full price (or that may be my store has full price SELs and has not shown the offer - I need to see my other stores). The Gillette Blue 3 Disposable Razors 4 may be off and the San Miguel 12x330ml it is suggested that that may be £9.30 now (need to see if everywhere else is still telling me it is £7). However, I now have some Kingfisher 12x330ml beer on £7.

The Fixodent cream that I have on RTC is no longer RTC but now full price - whether that really was on RTC before or whether it was a case of one of my stores showing me the RTC and another full price but me taking the lowest price - the RTC may have ended soon before I went back to M last week or may have still been on but is definitely off now on the product in my store (this has been scanned at SS).

The big box of Pampers wipes, that was supposedly ending on Monday according to online and went to £10 there, is still showing me £7.50 so far - I need to see if that has changed elsewhere before concluding that is still on. I can now see that online has changed from £7.50 on Sunday to £10.00 on Monday to £8.50 now. And they now have an online exclusive offer, wanting you to buy three for £25! Around £8.33 each, well, if they are £7.50 instore, and I haven't got that decided yet - I would say it is certainly possibly to get them for £7.50 at the moment in at least one store, via CS if it comes up higher than that as £7.50 is what they are displaying - I suppose there's no reason why an "online exclusive" offer can't be much more expensive and require more purchases than an instore price.

And, saving the best till last, I now have further kitchen items on 50p/30p RTCs. They include one Pyrex item that I took from HUKD and I have a further two Pyrex items on £1 RTC. As with all RTCs, you may find the 'national' price is bettered in some stores that knock the RTC price down further on store-specific basis. All of the RTCs I have may be found even cheaper in one M or another. I have the 2 piece Saucepan Set now at 20p RTC although that's apparently the national price.

There are some RTCs in the stationery section that have also gone cheaper. The Maped Study Compass - this is a pencil for drawing circles rather than a navigational aid - is now 10p RTC (at least on the SEL of my store). Otherwise, as it will take me beyond all day before I change prices or add further items onto the list, you'd best just go and check your M's stationery and kitchen clearance sections as you may find other items that I don't have and you will have what you have available to you anyway - might well disappear from your store entirely if you wait for me. No guarantees of finding anything you want and it's up to you whether you are already going to M or not. I have more items, for example M Desktop Calculator now at 50p. Anyway.

That's a big calculator rather than the Pocket Calculator that is now also showing me the same price - whose previous version did go much cheaper than that a year or two ago however.

I didn't bother with that just yet, as got the other version at much cheaper price back then and now don't need a calculator at all. I did manage to get a big pack of one product at 2 for £1 however. Unfortunately, they had a very small other item on 2 for £1 on the shelf above but they duplicated the mbuy label (one without a product name) on the shelf below, right under the product that I didn't want at £1 but 2 for £1 is rather nice. 50p each buying two - as if those big packs would ever go down to such a price and as if it would be a bogof offer of £1 and 2 for £1. So, I took my two pounds to the SS and obviously full price, paid the £2 and got £1 back from the CS desk. The desk was initially empty when I arrived and then this nasty-looking woman arriving scowling, whom I have asked for price checks far too many times before. Somehow I didn't check this item before buying it.

She turned out to be really nice and gave me a pound back straight away. I just said they said 2 for £1 under them on the aisle end, which they did (probably still do in my store as only an hour ago) and she didn't go to check or even get anyone to check but just gave me a pound. They've probably had so many SELs incorrect that they don't need to check or maybe they've had someone else buying the same earlier and knew the offer label was up additional to what should be. I could have got another item for 3 for £1 as they have still left up the mbuy on that, that seems to have ended several weeks ago - however that was just a normal offer ending and I didn't want the items at that offer price. No details of what they are being mentioned, because this is just incorrect SELs in one place that won't be found widely. The kind of thing I have found can on rare occasions be found elsewhere - I had something else in another store months ago that I could have got cheaper where a similar mistake had been made - some large mbuy price label, of the kind that just has the price, misplaced on the end of an aisle, so, as usual, keep your eyes open around there. Or a label with just a price on it underneath or alongside a product that is never as cheap as that (but where your average punter could legitimately think was, from what is displayed). Don't go there expecting it though - it's happened only twice in many years to me (including the one now) and you know I've been through numerous stores and visits in that time where it hasn't been seen, so don't expect but do look for it (or keep a usual eye open).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-10-2017 at 1:53 PM.
    M lists - post 24450 onwards for now (on page 612).
    Partially expired version from last week with this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout].
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 27,504 Posts
    • 376,029 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Superdrug £1.30

Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • aau1
    • By aau1 11th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 18,835 Posts
    • 323,893 Thanks
    aau1
    Only seen this in a following quote. I did not correct you last time. It was someone a lot more northern
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I was going to correct him
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 48,409 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    3 dogs

You have a meat manufacturer in your village
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48 Week 3 £28.60
    • aau1
    • By aau1 11th Oct 17, 2:30 PM
    • 18,835 Posts
    • 323,893 Thanks
    aau1
    3 dogs

You have a meat manufacturer in your village
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    So the rep's job is safe?
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 11th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 2,680 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    Can confirm all varieties of popcorn show as ‘popcorn’ on the receipt. Only three types compare though
    • aau1
    • By aau1 11th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    • 18,835 Posts
    • 323,893 Thanks
    aau1
    Can confirm all varieties of popcorn show as ‘popcorn’ on the receipt. Only three types compare though
    Originally posted by lalli_pickle

Would you mind sharing which three compare please?
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 11th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 2,680 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    1x
    MAOAM GIANT STRIPES 15G
    £0.09 † n/a
    1x
    MAOAM SOUR GIANT STRIPES 15G
    £0.09 † n/a
    1x
    SWIZZELS MATLOW WINE GUMMIES SINGLE 16G
    £0.08 † n/a
    1x
    SWIZZELS DRUMSTICK LOLLY
    £0.08 † n/a
    1x
    GIANT NEW REFRESHER CHEW BAR (C)
    £0.08 † n/a
    1x
    BARRATT FLUMPS 12G
    £0.09 † n/a
    1x
    HARIBO STARMIX MINI BAG 16G
    £0.09 † n/a
    1x
    PROPERCORN LIGHTLY SEA SALTED 70G
    £1.59 £1.00
    1x
    PROPERCORN SWT & SALTY 90G SHARING BAG
    £1.59 £1.00
    1x
    PROPERCORN SWEET COCONUT & VANILLA 90G
    £1.59 £1.00
    1x
    PROPERCORN P/NUT P/NUT & ALMD POPCORN 90 G
    £1.59 n/a
    1x
    PROPERCORN KIDS SWEET POPCORN 5 PACK
    £1.89 n/a
    1x
    PROPERCORN SWEET POPCORN 90G
    £1.59 n/a
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 11th Oct 17, 3:08 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 2,680 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    Wuntu deals:
    Free pizza/pasta Bella Italia
    Free burrito Los Iguanas
    Free burger and frites/salad Cafe Rouge

All deals are one per person but you can use two per table if both have the app. One for BRaveheart maybe
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Oct 17, 3:19 PM
    • 14,527 Posts
    • 244,047 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Oct 17, 3:29 PM
    • 51,170 Posts
    • 585,545 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    DM didnt want you too miss out and take the hump, even though its hump day
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/soap-and-glory-winter-wonder-glam-set-25-and-3-for-2-at-boots-online-2793535

Edit, these have gone back to full price

Soap and glory at Boots on 3 for 2 and also free £10 Righteous butter when buying 3 products
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/soap-and-glory-at-boots-on-3-for-2-and-also-free-10-righteous-butter-when-buying-3-products-2808635

Well today its cold and wet just back from Scarborough , had a quick snack as i was staaarving then shortly will be going out for tea and to see a show
    Last edited by bubbs; 11-10-2017 at 3:31 PM.
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 11th Oct 17, 4:18 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    pepper77
    You could do more than that if you wanted to go into the night, or start in the early hours.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I'm bone idle though. I dont get out of bed before eight, and I'm in the pub from around 9.30pm until closing time.

Just one shop today, nine Alberts to add to the pile.

Its raining now, so no chance of zipping out on the Honda.

Pud in a mug still 49p for three today. To be fair I'm not overly impressed, wont be buying at 85p.
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 11th Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    pepper77
    Not very often I find a womble.

29 items (23 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    1x Napolina Penne (500g) £1.00 £1.28
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Reduced Fat Beef Mince (Typically Less Than 12% Fat) (650g) £3.79 N/A
    1x Johnson's Bedtime Bath (500) £2.50 £1.50
    1x L'Or!al Paris Elvive Fibrology Air Flat Hair Shampoo (250ml) £3.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Bourbon Biscuits (300g) £0.45 £0.45
    1x Lenor Fabric Conditioner Gold Orchid 72 Washes (1.82l) £4.00 £2.50
    1x ASDA Custard Creams (400g) £0.45 £0.45
    1x Dolmio Bolognese Pasta Sauce Chunky Mushroom (500g) £1.25 £1.50
    1x Sanex Dermo Sensitive Lactoserum Shower Cream (500ml) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Little Angels Comfort & Protect Size 5 Nappies (40) £3.50 £3.88
    1x Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo for dry hair (200ml) £1.50 £1.50
    2x Glade Luscious Cherry & Peony Aerosol Spray Air Freshener (300ml) £2.40 £2.60
    2x Lenor Fabric Conditioner Spring Awakening 44 Washes (1.1ltr) £4.00 £6.00
    1x ASDA Coconut Rings (200g) £0.45 N/A
    1x Airwick Pure Fresh Berries (250ml) £2.00 N/A
    4x ASDA Shower Cleaner (500ml) £2.36 £2.80
    2x Radox Muscle Soak Sage & Sea Minerals Bath Soak (500ml) £2.00 £2.80
    1x ASDA Little Angels Sensitive Cotton Soft Baby Wipes 0+ Months (64pk) £0.59 £0.60
    1x ASDA Rice Snaps (340g) £0.75 N/A
    2x ASDA Large Carving Pumpkin (Typically 19-26cm) (each) £2.00 N/A
    1x Alberto Balsam Sweet Strawberry Shampoo (350ml) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Ariel 3 in 1 Pods Washing Capsules Febreze 38 Washes (38pk) £8.00 £7.00
    1x Cadbury Milk Chocolate Tree Decorations 9 Pack (84g) £1.50 N/A
    1x Dolmio Bolognese Pasta Sauce Intense Onion & Garlic (500g) £1.25 £1.50
    1x Fragranced Cotton Soft Baby Wipes 0+ Months (64pk) £0.59 £0.60
    1x Maltesers Teasers Tree Decorations 10 Pack (90g) £1.80 £1.79
    1x ASDA Pink Wafers (185g) £0.59 N/A
    1x Napolina Italian Grated Cheese (80g) £1.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Nice Biscuits (200g) £0.45 £0.45
    1x Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour Shampoo (200ml) £1.50 £2.00
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Chocolate Malted Milks (250g) £0.85 £0.60
    1x Fairy Clean & Fresh Washing Up Liquid Pomegranate & Honeysuckle (520ml) £1.00 £1.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) £44.44 £46.30
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 11th Oct 17, 5:16 PM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 21,030 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    Afternoon everyone is anyone having trouble logging into FB?

thanks
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,664Posts Today

7,291Users online

Martin's Twitter