Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,303Posts
    • 35,021Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1154
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Oct 17, 8:14 AM
    • 34,085 Posts
    • 450,617 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning, not looking too good on the weather front for today.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    We've just heard on the weather that we will be having a nice afternoon....sometime. They are unsure when....it could be this week

I've just had a terrible shock and I urge all of you to look behind your beds immediately.
    I was changing our pillowcases and the bedside lamp was on. I peered behind the headboard and the skirting boards are filthy

How did that happen?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Oct 17, 8:16 AM
    • 34,085 Posts
    • 450,617 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I am wondering why our rep stayed there Mmmmm ? Will need to investigate The company I work for sell herbs /spices and sundries for butchers so cant imagine the supplier was in your village
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Oh mrsmac

You are just perfect for your job
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Oct 17, 8:18 AM
    • 34,085 Posts
    • 450,617 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just printed off another pizza coupon. Looks like the date for all of them is mid November.

Another £5 just added to my Nectar balance
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Oct 17, 8:38 AM
    • 16,760 Posts
    • 194,758 Thanks
    mhoc
    The doctors have decided a c section is not necessary as baby is fine - just in no hurry to leave her nice warm nest ! They are going to try inducing again. I don't know why the don't just leave her alone - baby wasn't due until toady going by the hospital calculations.
    Originally posted by tbw
    Poor girl, poked and prodded so needlessly - she must be so fed up of medics by now. I suppose once they start to induce you they cant send you home even if nothing happens.
    Hopefully today will be the big day
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 11th Oct 17, 8:45 AM
    • 5,586 Posts
    • 68,386 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Oct 17, 8:50 AM
    • 28,725 Posts
    • 411,105 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

On ticket duty for DS on o2 priority tickets go on sale at 9am.

Already been Poppy walkies she cant understand why I am back in here and she not had her treats . Poor baby girl.
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Oct 17, 8:55 AM
    • 16,760 Posts
    • 194,758 Thanks
    mhoc
    We've just heard on the weather that we will be having a nice afternoon....sometime. They are unsure when....it could be this week

I've just had a terrible shock and I urge all of you to look behind your beds immediately.
    I was changing our pillowcases and the bedside lamp was on. I peered behind the headboard and the skirting boards are filthy

How did that happen?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Bedrooms are the worst dust magnets. Mostly our bedrooms are too small to push the bed entirely to the other side of the room to give it a good vaccum underneath so you just end up vaccum-ing bits you can reach and never doing it fully.
    Ours has several under the bed boxes with stored clothes so to vaccum these have to be slid out plus the empty wicker baskets. THose and the bedside cabinet have to be slid into the corridor before there is a clear space - def a wet afternoon job and knackering.
    We also have several packs of saved laminate flooring which is supposed to be going on the floor eventually - these I cant shift, too heavy and these live right at the top of the bed by the skirting boards. So then the chest of drawers at the foot of the bed has to be moved so I can pull the bed away from the wall to vaccum skirting boards and laminate packs. Shamefully it does mot get done as often as it should because its just such a full on job.
    Even worse is our en suite bathroom which is all white. Every surface, floor and window ledge and skirting rail is wiped down daily but still its always covered in a fine dirt layer. The shower - 3 minite shower and 5 minites to clean it afterwards. Then the surfaces are wiped all over again ....

I think if ever the lotto numbers came up I would employ someone to do bathrooms and bedrooms
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Oct 17, 8:58 AM
    • 16,760 Posts
    • 194,758 Thanks
    mhoc
    Needless to say I've got a washing machine full of towels and outside is very breezy and gusting - Sophie cat hates wind it sends her demented - Siri says rain is due so we will have wet towels all over the house later ...
    • tbw
    • By tbw 11th Oct 17, 8:58 AM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    Crikey, poor girl must have been in agony for all those days. She will be exhausted fingers crossed for today for you all.

omg someone could be in trouble
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    GD is fine, no pain just the odd bit of discomfort every so often. The inductions are just not doing anything - baby is clearly just not ready ! GD is just bored.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 11th Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    • 3,282 Posts
    • 31,381 Thanks
    Picasso7

My Disney Birkenstocks from VP - one is faulty & sole not attached properly as lump of spare cork in way..
    Rung them, can offer return & refund or a £7 voucher...

Gutted

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Morning all.

Can't you cut off the lump of cork and glue them? You could spend your £7 voucher on that glue which comes in tins and which people use to stick tiles to the floor. I find it holds stuff really well and have used it to mend my walking boots when the sole parted from the boot.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    • 28,725 Posts
    • 411,105 Thanks
    tweets
    Got the tickets for Macklemore

DS got the tickets for 30 seconds to Mars

I can relax now yah and better get ready for work walkies
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 6,481 Posts
    • 85,248 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August
    311.97 September

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Oct 17, 10:28 AM
    • 14,527 Posts
    • 244,047 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

Did quiz and hit submit and it has gone to maintenance

3 minutes left....
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Oct 17, 10:33 AM
    • 14,527 Posts
    • 244,047 Thanks
    Snap-ant

In my defence there was no warning
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Oct 17, 10:40 AM
    • 14,527 Posts
    • 244,047 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    ms-money-penny was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Wednesday): History 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 14,590 Posts
    • 226,648 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Dont worry about it missus. I could not find it on HUKD, must really start getting some x pressies in.
    Yes Zippy, I did check again that it was HUKD she said!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Only seen this in a following quote. I did not correct you last time. It was someone a lot more northern
    • Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 11th Oct 17, 11:08 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    Blacklist
    Good morning.

Can you use an APG the same day that you get it?
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 11th Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    • 219 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    pepper77
    Good morning.

Can you use an APG the same day that you get it?
    Originally posted by Blacklist
    Good morrow.

Yes.
    • Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 11th Oct 17, 11:14 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 685 Thanks
    Blacklist
    Good morrow.

Yes.
    Originally posted by pepper77
    Thanking you
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 11th Oct 17, 11:28 AM
    • 219 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    pepper77
    Thanking you
    Originally posted by Blacklist
    You're welcome.

If its likely to be a short lived glitch my strategy is two shops (wait three hours) two more shops, rinse and repeat.
    So, 9am, 12.30, 16.00, 19.30.
    Eight shops a day.

Of course I never know whether its going to be short lived so I batter the glitch anyway in the early days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,993Posts Today

6,456Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin