Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,310Posts
    • 35,041Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1153
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Oct 17, 10:43 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    Sorry young man I don't know how to do a link
    Originally posted by underperky
    Dont worry about it missus. I could not find it on HUKD, must really start getting some x pressies in.
    Yes Zippy, I did check again that it was HUKD she said!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Oct 17, 10:53 PM
    • 19,977 Posts
    • 256,364 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Smoked Back Bacon (250g) £0.99 N/A
    1x Cathedral City Grated Mature Cheddar (180g) £2.00 £2.38 (£1 in M)
    1x McCain Lightly Spiced Wedges (750g) £1.00 £1.00
    0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 £0.14
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £0.99 N/A
    1x McVitie's Hobnobs Milk Chocolate & Ginger Oaty Snack Bars (6x30g) £1.00 £0.50
    1x ASDA Smart Price 2 Garlic Breads (340g) £0.65 £0.68
    1x McVitie's Digestives Nibbles Caramel (120g) £1.00 £0.50
    1x ASDA Smart Price 6 Eggs (6pk) £0.70 £0.70
    1x Asda SmartPrice ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Streaky Bacon Rashers (275g) £1.04 N/A
    1x McVitie's Hobnobs Milk Chocolate & Salted Caramel Oaty Snack Bar (6x30g) £1.00 £0.50
    1x Fage Total 0% Greek Fat Free Natural Yogurt (170g) £1.00 £1.10
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Are we still on last Wednesday (I had that impression a few hours ago to be honest when seeing some of the comps. I got), when I'd think the Snack Bars should now be 87p (perhaps my stores so far have changed back to 87p but maybe we have unchanged SELs from 50p in the collection stores or the price may still be 50p in M) and isn't the Cathedral at £1 a new offer as I only had that this week (didn't make the list) - but I also only remember the Lightly Spiced Wedges at £1 this week - or maybe they were £1 last week?

I'm surprised that the McVities are still 50p for M, unless that is the real price in M, I'd have expected that to have changed by now and the fact it hasn't suggests to me it's still on last Wednesday (can sometimes take two days before it updates) - also the Semi-Skimmed Milk being N/A, might have expected that possibly to have come back if this had updated to Monday.

I think unfortunately you may have been caught by the Cathedral being a new offer but the system still on last week - although you've also done well on the McVities snack bars that I would have thought would have changed by now (unless my stores are telling me incorrect info.).

EDIT: According to msm, the Cathedral should have been £1.50 in M on 8th October (Monday) - although I did see £1 instore then. I think msm has not updated from m.com immediately and has caught up with £1 later. I think £1 was the price in M on Monday - it was according to my SEL anyway. I think the APG is still on last Wednesday (but also regarding the snack bars packs - McVities snack bars extended a little, but Cathedral City 180g still needs time to catch up).

I was 65% thinking we were on Wednesday a few hours ago. I am now 80-90% thinking we're on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 10-10-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    M lists - post 24450+ for now (page 612).
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    My ref.: previously page 535 (21371).
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Oct 17, 11:02 PM
    • 12,207 Posts
    • 133,235 Thanks
    Anon
    Your highest....

Your highest
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Yes, always good to have some in reserve .

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 17, 11:16 PM
    • 34,141 Posts
    • 451,002 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    A v M

1x Cadbury Twirl Chocolate Bar 4 Pack (4x34g) £1.50 £1.00
    2x ASDA Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings (525g) £5.00 £4.19
    1x Comfort Creations Fabric Conditioner Strawberry & Lily 33 Washes (1.16l) £3.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Garlic & Herb Baguettes (430g) £1.50 £1.02

Walked out of A with whoopsies and found 1 single receipt in a trolley
    £3.62
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    • 34,141 Posts
    • 451,002 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Dont worry about it missus. I could not find it on HUKD, must really start getting some x pressies in.
    Yes Zippy, I did check again that it was HUKD she said!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    You and me alike
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Oct 17, 11:22 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    You cant take it with you you know Anon
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 17, 11:29 PM
    • 34,141 Posts
    • 451,002 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I've had all the points added from my usual store. Just waiting now for the rest from the other store I don't usually visit and the locals
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Oct 17, 11:29 PM
    • 19,977 Posts
    • 256,364 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I have decided "Pasta Bolognese" is Weight Watchers from Heinz Penne Bolognese (320g) at 63p RTC in M. (Not showing online, may never have made it online in the first place, apparently not available in A so it goes as a "buy in M" in any event as T should not match RTC prices in M even if they had it in one - or, even more unlikely?, more - of their three stores.)
    So, three out of three onto the list - and many thanks!

Is that all the WWs there are on RTC in M? Any more for any more?
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Oct 17, 11:29 PM
    • 34,141 Posts
    • 451,002 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    You cant take it with you you know Anon
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Where's he going?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Oct 17, 11:43 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    Where's he going?
    Well not to sainsburgs to spend his points, thats for certain
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 10th Oct 17, 11:54 PM
    • 13,725 Posts
    • 142,261 Thanks
    3Dogs
    I have never heard of Wisbech but had to phone the Oliver Twist hotel today. Small world
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    The Oliver Twist is in my village, I live about 500 yards away

Yes im the same..i very rarely travel to wisbech even though my brother lives there, well west Walton actually, at one time I use to be a regular..on a Friday to the flower auction
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Oh Hilly, Mr 3Dogs and I used to go the those auctions every week. We went into the one on the left, mainly in household, etc rooms but I used to pop into the plant hall and buy a few bits. Only occassionally went into the one on the right, but that's all there is now, as Maxeys closed

Maxey's closed, Sunday Market & Car Boot closed - it's not the same anymore
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 10/16
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Oct 17, 11:55 PM
    • 19,977 Posts
    • 256,364 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    A v M

1x Cadbury Twirl Chocolate Bar 4 Pack (4x34g) £1.50 £1.00
    2x ASDA Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings (525g) £5.00 £4.19
    1x Comfort Creations Fabric Conditioner Strawberry & Lily 33 Washes (1.16l) £3.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Garlic & Herb Baguettes (430g) £1.50 £1.02

Walked out of A with whoopsies and found 1 single receipt in a trolley
    £3.62
    They work! (I think the fact they are a "new" item for me, from Monday, does not mean they weren't that price in M last week - I think they were, but this is just me getting round to taking details more properly and working out their weight adjustment.)

I had someone buy me some fabric conditioner on a shop they did - at £2 again. Fortunately it turned out to be an own label that was non-comparable. Still no excuse for the 3x crisps though - the £1.50 would have been far more if only two multipacks had been bought - as it was, all three compared against straight £1 price at M, pointless buying three therefore as only one (or for me preferably two) is needed. The Surf Tropical at £6 A and £5 M helped make A a little less cheaper (less cheaper, they should have been more expensive) - the T comp. lost anyway and not nearly as much as it should have done as the Surf now being £7 in T saves us 30p a pop if they put that on a shop and T turns out best overall, ...and therefore pays £6 to A for them and not £4.50 vs M as items vs M would then not be the best.

Speaking of items vs M, I am due to try three stores, one of them "new" (or rather an old favourite returned to - don't get excited, none of mine now have anything expansive, certainly not expecting much extra in there (famous last words!), more a confirmation (or denial) of prices I already have) - best I can do, but it's good, one morning, one afternoon and one evening apparently. Will see how I go - will have to be off as supposed to be in the store in the morning. I would say that my use of three stores is as good as TBG - in other words totally woeful() - but my three are probably slightly worse to be honest as I would expect TBG to have a store with a wider range than I have in my biggest one. Plus I have online too though, so can add some (but still missing stuff I know exists - don't know what price it is now at anymore), together with my helpers over WW meals! Anyway, goodnight!.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-10-2017 at 12:01 AM.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 11th Oct 17, 12:18 AM
    • 13,725 Posts
    • 142,261 Thanks
    3Dogs
    The Oliver Twist is in my village, I live about 500 yards away
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Actually, it's about the only thing in the village now Post Office and shop closed. Church deconsecrated years ago and been sold recently to be demolished for redevelopment. Village Hall just been closed and sold. There is the pub/hotel Oliver Twist, a primary school ......... and a graveyard with Puritan Chapel
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 10/16
    • altojack
    • By altojack 11th Oct 17, 12:50 AM
    • 9,160 Posts
    • 122,395 Thanks
    altojack
    So much for an early night Started to read then got out of bed to watch a programme about Alaska, I'd love to go and travel there.

Now I'm ready to switch off the light and snuggle down. Goodnight Elite, see you in the morning xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 159
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Oct 17, 6:31 AM
    • 3,366 Posts
    • 31,473 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning, not looking too good on the weather front for today.

Thank you Sarahdol

Tbw so sorry its taking so long for your dgd, what a shame to wait all this time to be given a c section in the end. Hopefully today will bring some news x
    Last edited by diluvsdiscounts; 11-10-2017 at 6:34 AM.
    Froctober £50 £27.85
    NSD 13/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 3.5lb
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Oct 17, 6:51 AM
    • 5,174 Posts
    • 53,498 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• tbw
    • By tbw 11th Oct 17, 7:34 AM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    Good morning, not looking too good on the weather front for today.

Thank you Sarahdol

Tbw so sorry its taking so long for your dgd, what a shame to wait all this time to be given a c section in the end. Hopefully today will bring some news x
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    The doctors have decided a c section is not necessary as baby is fine - just in no hurry to leave her nice warm nest ! They are going to try inducing again. I don't know why the don't just leave her alone - baby wasn't due until toady going by the hospital calculations.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th Oct 17, 7:40 AM
    • 3,764 Posts
    • 48,471 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Actually, it's about the only thing in the village now Post Office and shop closed. Church deconsecrated years ago and been sold recently to be demolished for redevelopment. Village Hall just been closed and sold. There is the pub/hotel Oliver Twist, a primary school ......... and a graveyard with Puritan Chapel
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    I am wondering why our rep stayed there Mmmmm ? Will need to investigate The company I work for sell herbs /spices and sundries for butchers so cant imagine the supplier was in your village
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48 Week 3 £28.60
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th Oct 17, 7:45 AM
    • 3,764 Posts
    • 48,471 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

TM you are one lucky shopper Just love how you managed to cover the cost

Asda do not sell the box of jelly babies that were on offer in T's so another not so good shop X budget though. Very strange as they are a constant stock item in my store

TBW hope its good news today

Enjoy whatever you do DIL's birthday today but its parents night tonight so will see her tomorrow
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48 Week 3 £28.60
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Oct 17, 7:52 AM
    • 3,366 Posts
    • 31,473 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    The doctors have decided a c section is not necessary as baby is fine - just in no hurry to leave her nice warm nest ! They are going to try inducing again. I don't know why the don't just leave her alone - baby wasn't due until toady going by the hospital calculations.
    Originally posted by tbw
    Crikey, poor girl must have been in agony for all those days. She will be exhausted fingers crossed for today for you all.
    I am wondering why our rep stayed there Mmmmm ? Will need to investigate The company I work for sell herbs /spices and sundries for butchers so cant imagine the supplier was in your village
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    omg someone could be in trouble
    Froctober £50 £27.85
    NSD 13/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 3.5lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

3,299Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin