Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,302Posts
    • 35,015Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1146
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 9th Oct 17, 5:47 PM
    • 1,606 Posts
    • 25,233 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Couple of free Bahlsens on Shopium at waitrose
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 9th Oct 17, 6:10 PM
    • 19,911 Posts
    • 255,890 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    chocolate would be helpful
    Originally posted by mhoc
    We might get a frozen Quorn glitch again, at the beginning, or more likely the end, of an mbuy. I think we don't get many mbuy deals these days, after what the Competition & Markets Authority did following the Which? super-complaint. That may be in the interests of consumers generally, in trying to ensure they aren't misled, but sadly we aren't "consumers generally" but people that shop savvy by buying (or not buying into) poor mbuy deals that compare against much better competitor prices. Fwiw, I think it will be a similar situation if/when gas/electricity standard tariffs are capped - whilst they may go down when more people are unbelievably inert and still on them - it's a problem - general consumers unable to protect their own interests - I think it will simply lead to price increases on currently cheaper deals and just spread the cost across everyone. It's not good news for the fewer savvy people, such as us, that switch to get currently "cheap" deals - probably not so cheap in the future after prices on standard tariffs are restricted.

Getting back to the Quorn, I noticed the Quorn Sausages, which were on useless (from our POV) offer of £1 in A and then went up to full price slipped onto an mbuy deal in the last few weeks. (How did I miss that one at the moment it happened?) I noticed when doing the M list that the Quorn Nuggets have now gone back up, ready no doubt to slip onto the quite expensive mbuy deal of 4 for £6 after an appropriate time. I need to know the very day they do so not 2 weeks later! I think this is a case of overnight shopping, in the early hours the first day the mbuy is available and checking the receipt before 6am - except that prices online normally reflect tomorrow's delivery prices so will probably already show mbuy and be in the system the day before. So it's a case of waiting to the mbuy end date (which might happen if Quorn Sausages are ready to slip out of it - they do so whenever I am not looking) and then mbuy purchase in store but tomorrow's full prices online - hopefully for M to hold on at £1 or somewhere else to come onto that price (or lower!) at the right date.
    M list - post 24450 for now (on page 612).
    Previous one was posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - now page 548, posts 21900-21903.
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    • 5,586 Posts
    • 68,380 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Rather nice womble from yesterday, will definitely help with the frocking

Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 9th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    • 1,956 Posts
    • 20,718 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    El Colonel FFF extended to 19th November.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 9th Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    • 2,655 Posts
    • 34,758 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. ((Mhoc))
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 17, 6:55 PM
    • 15,149 Posts
    • 183,573 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Tumbleweed..... I cannot flipping keep up!

Mhoc, hugs and prays are being sent x
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Oct 17, 7:07 PM
    • 2,850 Posts
    • 28,489 Thanks
    pippo
    Why, when you decide to be frugal, do so many unplanned shopping opportunities come your way?
    BF & I went out, allegedly going to B&M in the next village, to return some/one curtain.
    Ended up at Asian supermarkets, suffice to say Mr Pops now needs to build another spice rack, but it was so cheap!

While there I spent £10.13 at the curry counter, we've had a lovely meal that would have cost twice as much as a take away.

Then Mr Pops , the grumpy old git, needs something from another nearby town, yes, it was C0nsett, the one with the inproved bargain store that was on the news last week. What's a girl girl to do, but go in there for the bargains!!

In addition DS will be with us tomorrow, which means more beer!!

On the plus side I can use up a leg of lamb from the freezer, Mr P paid for the beer and I have earned more points at M's.
    Mr P also needed new roof bars so I will click the Quidco extra £2,50!
    It will take a while for me to calculate the grocery spend though.
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 9th Oct 17, 7:21 PM
    • 19,911 Posts
    • 255,890 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I don't know what happened with Savvy Industries' price collection this morning. I had about 12 items outstanding, four of which were resolved by msm, although that grew to about 50 when I added the ones I knew really but still wanted to see. I could have left the 8 items at that, unresolved and in limbo until Wednesday, and ignored the rest. I went nonetheless to a second store that I don't do these days - I just could not end with myself not knowing what the pricing was of the outstanding items - and it turns out the first store was an appalling price collection. I was only supposed to check the outstanding stuff and see if there were a few more items I hadn't seen. However, in addition to that, just so many extra items that I had not had from the first store! I have nearly got as much again as I had from this morning. I was supposed just to check if a couple of item were still £1 but, when I did so, I found a whole range of other varieties! New offers in virtually every aisle that I hadn't seen this morning (perhaps I checked too early and they hadn't changed them earlier?). However, I can think straight off of a couple of offers I have only in the first store but not the second and at least three items I wouldn't have had I just gone to this second place and got everything that was there!

I have got nearly everything I had last Wednesday. The stores trying to confuse me on the Walnut Cake as both of them have removed the £1 label and just left a "price crutch" sticker protruding from the shelf - what does that mean?, that could apply to anything else along the shelf! - the £1 label has gone in both despite the fact this Cake is still £1. This means nowt btw, just me having to make sure it was unchanged price as I haven't got a third store today. The Cadbury Hot Chocolate Puddings offer appears to have ended and they have gone back up to £2 - I have already removed that as that was Tvs M and the Webbox Chubbs 2 for £1 is no more. The Pampers 12x56 wipes box was supposed to have gone up to £10 according to online, however I have both stores maintaining £7.50 labels. If I was the APG, I would only need to find one more store the same as that and, assuming six stores are used, I'd come back with £7.50.

I am taking it that the 1Kg Sweet Potatoes have been removed from the 3 for £2 offer. Online now seems to reflect instore, plus any additional items that online has not got. However, I am not bothered with 1Kg potatoes 3 for £2 (now appears to have gone) as I now have:

M White Potatoes 7.5Kg - £2!

We used to get 12.5Kg potatoes for £2 in the past.

So, with no chance of getting any potatoes on their last date at knock-down anymore as I am not going around enough stores, the potatoes slowed me down a little. I didn't find much stock left so I bought them and went to the car and came back - a diversion as I didn't expect to be buying any potatoes. They were not at my earlier store, so had I ended with what I was going to do, I wouldn't have any of this and no potatoes at a better price than I got from Mr A. And they probably won't be in my second store when I use it on Wednesday so I will have no clue about them after today and they probably would have had a single bag left if I hadn't bought one myself. For those that want to be clever, I am aware that the 7.5Kg White Potatoes were on £2.50 offer in M a month or so ago (could be two months, time flies).

I have got the Bernard Matthews Chicken/Turkey Breast Pieces 140g packs back again after losing them to some Tikka only version for the past week in all three of my stores. I do think the Chicken and Turkey would have been at some M last time that I didn't have; they are back now with me.

I have lost the Aunt Bessie's Stem Ginger Puddings that are on £1 RTC in M. Indeed, I have lost all the other RTC Aunt Bessie's in one of my stores - they are at 50p - seems like the shoppers have liked any of those on RTC as they are completely gone. However, I do have the 50p RTC stock in my other store which is still showing full prices. As for the Stem puddings, which ought to compare nicely £2 vs £1 based on last Wednesday, whether I would find them if I went to a few more stores...

I have only been to two stores and probably would still have them somewhere - they will not have completely gone even though I don't have them anymore in just two stores. They may exist if a store was late changing its SEL to the RTC. I think I probably would find them again quite easily, at this stage, if I were to use a few more stores, but it's possible I would not and it might take a lot more stores. I will leave them on - it's a fifty-fifty, or maybe a bit more. Now they've gone from my nearest stores, I have no idea now about when I should say that they are no longer available in M.

Really really a load of stuff that I would not have known from my first store. I can continue with the updating now I have a little better information. My second store, in fact, does have more than what it used to have some years ago - now got some ranges that I used to find only elsewhere - we are supposed to be a fairly big city but seemed left out of the loop on so many things before (once I went out a bit more widely and eventually discovered that). I glad some of the ranges are now more substantive than what they were a few years ago but they have certainly not got everything for me. It's better though - at least I have some of the big flour bags, that aren't online, so I can have those items even though I can't travel miles out nowadays.

Although I have new offers in this second store today, I do also have a couple of offers in the first that weren't yet changed (I believe they are going on rather than the other way around) in the second place, so clearly some have been put on show in the first store even by the morning. This can sometimes be a problem although I think more with Wednesdays now as that is now when more offers start. I did have it before, when I was able to use more stores (and when it had expanded into being a price collection day!), that I'd have five stores full price, if they had an item, and then only the final store, getting onto into the evening, would have an offer that I hadn't seen all day - sometimes this may be late changes for tomorrow's prices or it may be that the earlier stores hadn't been able to change the SELs. If the price collectors collect early in the day - and they probably are collecting at the same time in all of their stores whilst mine were staggered throughout the day, then there is a risk they may initially get full price if not enough of their stores have changed early on.

I got the car out for the second store - had to in order to stand any chance of getting back here to sort other things out - but I went on that journey to buy those potatoes. And didn't need any further stores.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 09-10-2017 at 7:37 PM.
    M list - post 24450 for now (on page 612).
    Previous one was posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - now page 548, posts 21900-21903.
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 9th Oct 17, 7:34 PM
    • 13,706 Posts
    • 142,027 Thanks
    3Dogs
    (((hugs))) to mhoc, thinking of you and your problem ♥
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 10/16
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 9th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 3,835 Posts
    • 72,616 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Rather nice womble from yesterday, will definitely help with the frocking

Originally posted by hornetgirl
    The 4 chicken ready meals are picking up a Morries 3 for £6 offer (+ one at £2.32).
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • rockyrose
    • By rockyrose 9th Oct 17, 8:01 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 14,958 Thanks
    rockyrose
    Afternoon all!

Just popping my head round the door before popping out for my lunchbreak.

You'll never guess what happened less than 2 hours after JL confirmed my headphones order... Yes, you guessed it, after two weeks of radio silence, the hotel has finally emailed to say they've found them! Sod's law!

I'm carrying on with the order in case I can't get the originals returned, so we'll see how that goes! The hotel wanted us to email our card details to arrange the return, which sounded more than a little dodgy... I've tried ParcelHero for a quote but they wanted over £100, crazy money. Any other recommendations for cheap returns from New York please and thank you? It's less than 1kg, only about 25 x 20 x 15cm at most.
    Originally posted by Arthien
    Have you tried this for quotes, some do international collection and UK delivery : http://www.p4d.co.uk/?utm_source=alink&utm_medium=AF&utm_campaign=Partn ers
    NI FEIDIR ACH LE DIA BREITHIUNAS A DHEANAMH ORM
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Oct 17, 8:11 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Anyone else keep checking their nectar balance
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    • 5,158 Posts
    • 53,335 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Nope.

But only because I cleared my browser history so now I have to re-log in from scratch and I cba to go get my card, otherwise I would have checked it today at some point.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 51,135 Posts
    • 585,219 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-3 st 11 lb week 28
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Oct 17, 8:32 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Is everyone having lovely weather. It's been so mild here

I've been preparing a raised bed for garlic. I kept the best bulbs back from this years crop....very mse......and they'll get planted out soon

Japanese onions will go in soon too.

I love the rhythm of the seasons
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Oct 17, 8:33 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening bubbs.....have you been out without your coat today?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 9th Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    • 1,460 Posts
    • 9,876 Thanks
    lesliejack
    just did, nothing showing so far. x
    essex girl in exile
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 9th Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    • 3,357 Posts
    • 31,385 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    LEJC of course I will.

Rose I'm sorry I don't know the link but last time i was asked I was told DM knew the link, hth.Did
    Froctober £50 £27.85
    NSD 10/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 3.5lb
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 5,586 Posts
    • 68,380 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    You would have loved this one. It seems to be a place where they have reclaimed and recycled wood from places that are being demolished or re modelled or someone is having new floor boards put down or just huge trees cut down or trees uprooted by storms etc. There was even London plane trees - OH says they have to put metal detectors over this wood incase it has any shrapnel in it which destroys machinery when its cut
    All along the walls were huge slices and planks of wood with the names of the trees and they would cut pieces to size for you depending on what was needed - flooring, doors furniture etc.
    Also you could view the workshop where the cutting and sawing goes on and a workshop of furniture people have made from reclaimed wood.

http://www.stalbanswoodrecycling.org.uk/

And then we went to a place called The Vintage Emporium - dozens of little junk shop units with virtually everything stocked.

Very interesting morning out
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Wow, that's not too far from where I live and I had no idea it even existed! Thank you for posting.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 51,135 Posts
    • 585,219 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening bubbs.....have you been out without your coat today?
    Yes and yesterday , today we went to York, walked miles, might sleep a bit better tonight The cottage is beautiful but we are not used to the traffic
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-3 st 11 lb week 28
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,388Posts Today

7,799Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin