Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,298Posts
    • 35,015Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1144
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th Oct 17, 8:38 AM
    • 4,922 Posts
    • 54,231 Thanks
    gocat
    Morning all

Off to somerset for a few days break. When discussing with my 2 sisters who is taking what it seems Im in charge of taking toilet rolls, washing liquid etc due to my "collection" Annoyed with OH telling them about my glitching shopping now. Isnt it enough that Im the one that booked the holiday and driving there and its like getting blood out of a stone to get any petrol money back.
    Everytime, I say this is the last time but still I do it.
    Still will try to enjoy myself
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 9th Oct 17, 8:41 AM
    • 9,176 Posts
    • 57,555 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all....

Bit to catch up on as I seem to have a heavy cold and cough at the moment and the weekend was spent doing little other than a couple of runs to S in both cars for petrol.

I managed.....1 x2000 3 x1000 1 x500 and 6 x200 although 4 of the 200's were wombled.....
    I can't believe how many people just discard their receipt and any coupons just outside the petrol station door it almost became easy pickings!

I've updated frugal totals and don't think I need to buy much this week other than the very small cheap thing in S to get the points vouchers exchanged.

One of the things I did get over the weekend were the free Chicago town pizzas.....oh my they are horrid and just disintegrated during cooking.....so OH decided to fire off an pic and an email to them last night...they certainly didn't resemble the picture on the box.....we shall see what comes of it.

Toiletries have been another slightly bland week....1 in...a perfume sample and the 1 out a full sized bubble bath.

Off to read back over the weekend and wish everyone a lovely week.
    frugal October...£29.92 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 9th Oct 17, 9:01 AM
    • 1,460 Posts
    • 9,876 Thanks
    lesliejack
    Good morning all....

Bit to catch up on as I seem to have a heavy cold and cough at the moment and the weekend was spent doing little other than a couple of runs to S in both cars for petrol.

I managed.....1 x2000 3 x1000 1 x500 and 6 x200 although 4 of the 200's were wombled.....
    I can't believe how many people just discard their receipt and any coupons just outside the petrol station door it almost became easy pickings!

I've updated frugal totals and don't think I need to buy much this week other than the very small cheap thing in S to get the points vouchers exchanged.

One of the things I did get over the weekend were the free Chicago town pizzas.....oh my they are horrid and just disintegrated during cooking.....so OH decided to fire off an pic and an email to them last night...they certainly didn't resemble the picture on the box.....we shall see what comes of it.

Toiletries have been another slightly bland week....1 in...a perfume sample and the 1 out a full sized bubble bath.

Off to read back over the weekend and wish everyone a lovely week.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    I still havent managed to find any of the Chicago Town pizzas anywhere, not quite so miffed after reading your post, but a freebie is a freebie!x
    essex girl in exile
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 9th Oct 17, 9:04 AM
    • 4,189 Posts
    • 44,855 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Monday.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 9th Oct 17, 9:09 AM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 31,350 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Thanks Mrsmac.

Tbw you must be so excited.....maybe today will be the day.

LEJC I hope you're feeling better very soon.

Quick game of freezer Tetris this morning has resulted in four freezers down to two and me being late for work if I don't get a move on.
    Froctober £50 £20.86
    NSD 9/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 2lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Oct 17, 9:14 AM
    • 16,711 Posts
    • 194,377 Thanks
    mhoc
    On the subject of Chicago town pizza I was a bit annoyed that errant son consumed ours on Friday - I was hoping to do a taste test on it.
    This was in preference to eating the 2 home made pizza in the freezer - such an insult

Mind you it sounds like its a good thing he did eat the Chicago town pizza saving us the misery.

That is all he had to eat on Friday evening.

Last night we did an early sausage and mash dinner as Errant son was back early but going out again for an hour before heading back to work later on.
    Sausage and mash was consumed.
    Then he was due to go back to his 2nd job at the hotel at 9 to finish up but about 8 he got hungry and went back to work to have a second dinner before starting his shift
    Last edited by mhoc; 09-10-2017 at 9:50 AM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    • 16,711 Posts
    • 194,377 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning here, grey, miserable, overcast as usual - and the weather as well
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 9th Oct 17, 9:20 AM
    • 9,176 Posts
    • 57,555 Thanks
    LEJC
    I still havent managed to find any of the Chicago Town pizzas anywhere, not quite so miffed after reading your post, but a freebie is a freebie!x
    Originally posted by lesliejack

I even cooked them using a pizza pan as directed!
    One of the main problems was that they stuck to the bottom of it and in effect needed scraping off of the pan.

The pepperoni one faired better staying slightly in shape but the chicken one just turned to mush and TBH you could have served it in a bowl!

They are very similar to A own brand which I get the same problem with so I dont think I will get them again...although taste wise they were better than the ristorante freebies of a few years ago if you can overlook the fact that you couldnt slice them.

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 9th Oct 17, 9:26 AM
    • 9,176 Posts
    • 57,555 Thanks
    LEJC
    Thanks Mrsmac.

Tbw you must be so excited.....maybe today will be the day.

LEJC I hope you're feeling better very soon.

Quick game of freezer Tetris this morning has resulted in four freezers down to two and me being late for work if I don't get a move on.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Thanks Di...I've not had a proper cold for quite a while so this one has come as a bit of a shock to the system....at the moment I probably sound worse than I am,but I'm always very concious of anything like this going down to my chest....fingers crossed it just fades away in a few days.
    If you are out and about tomorrow please make sure you have enough time to say a massive "hello!" from me....xxx

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 9th Oct 17, 9:32 AM
    • 9,176 Posts
    • 57,555 Thanks
    LEJC
    MHOC...I read you may have been to a reclamation yard over the weekend....I love those places!

I can literally spend hours there and always have been able to. It's an art form I inherited from my mum who loved nothing more than an old junk shop as they were back in the day!

I collect old fireplace tiles and they are getting increasingly difficult to source these days and spend many a happy hour in these places whenever I come across one on our travels.

• rose28454
    • By rose28454 9th Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    • 4,693 Posts
    • 47,140 Thanks
    rose28454
    Good morning.
    Well Froctober isn't going too well we're running out of everything! Yesterday we needed Pepsi and the best buy I've found is 8x2l for £7 @ Iceland warehouse so that was yesterday's spend on Saturday we needed bacon and I buy a 4lb pack from the local butcher for £7.99 so another big spend but that will last us weeks.
    Today dh is collecting a c nc from As on his way home from work using mainly apgs which should cost £5ish but should stock us up for the rest of October so I'm hoping my spend will still come in under £50.
    Work today for me as I'm at the hospital tomorrow with a very quick catch up with FC en route, have a good day everyone.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    See you mentioned FC. Do you have the link to the other thread on that other site where various posters have gone please?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Oct 17, 9:44 AM
    • 16,711 Posts
    • 194,377 Thanks
    mhoc
    MHOC...I read you may have been to a reclamation yard over the weekend....I love those places!

I can literally spend hours there and always have been able to. It's an art form I inherited from my mum who loved nothing more than an old junk shop as they were back in the day!

I collect old fireplace tiles and they are getting increasingly difficult to source these days and spend many a happy hour in these places whenever I come across one on our travels.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    You would have loved this one. It seems to be a place where they have reclaimed and recycled wood from places that are being demolished or re modelled or someone is having new floor boards put down or just huge trees cut down or trees uprooted by storms etc. There was even London plane trees - OH says they have to put metal detectors over this wood incase it has any shrapnel in it which destroys machinery when its cut
    All along the walls were huge slices and planks of wood with the names of the trees and they would cut pieces to size for you depending on what was needed - flooring, doors furniture etc.
    Also you could view the workshop where the cutting and sawing goes on and a workshop of furniture people have made from reclaimed wood.

http://www.stalbanswoodrecycling.org.uk/

And then we went to a place called The Vintage Emporium - dozens of little junk shop units with virtually everything stocked.

Very interesting morning out
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 9th Oct 17, 9:59 AM
    • 9,176 Posts
    • 57,555 Thanks
    LEJC
    I've never been to St Albans...strangely enough,but I will bookmark the area for a visit I think.

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 9th Oct 17, 10:05 AM
    • 9,176 Posts
    • 57,555 Thanks
    LEJC
    If anyone has the just milk lactose free vouchers.....and you can find the product in S check the best before dates on the bottles.
    Mine we something like 27/9/17.

S refunded the purchase no problem but could tell via the barcode on the receipt how I had "paid" for it....and they deducted the 1 N point....so this might be something to be aware of when returning any ill fitting clothes that may have been purchased over the weekend....I think their till systems may have been improved since the last swipe and win and now takes into account any promotional points offers when returning things like clothes.
    Last edited by LEJC; 09-10-2017 at 10:16 AM.

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 9th Oct 17, 10:21 AM
    • 6,470 Posts
    • 85,160 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

See you mentioned FC. Do you have the link to the other thread on that other site where various posters have gone please?
    Originally posted by rose28454
    http://elitemoneysaving.freeforums.net/board/1/general-discussion
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August
    311.97 September

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 9th Oct 17, 10:25 AM
    • 9,176 Posts
    • 57,555 Thanks
    LEJC
    Morning Sarah...

It looks like you might reach your 2000 miles this month....very well done.

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Oct 17, 10:41 AM
    • 14,516 Posts
    • 243,928 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    I have been a lurker on this thread for ever, but felt I had to contribute to this post.

On the recommendation of a good friend, I collected some conkers. I have placed them on window ledges. Well, since then, we've had about 6 spiders, so large that my husband struggles to get them in the spider catcher!

What am I going wrong?
    Originally posted by dollywops
    If it helps I was told to put them in the corners of my rooms.
    On the floor.
    Works for me
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 14,516 Posts
    • 243,928 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Happy Birth Day hopefully

I'm trying to start up a painted stones thingy, that you hide around the area & people find & post their find & then re hide...

Got my stones painted, I just need a good short name for it.
    There is a fabulous site called Shropshire Rocks.

Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 14,516 Posts
    • 243,928 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Queenriderbrekke was yesterday's smartest player!

22 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 9th Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    • 9,176 Posts
    • 57,555 Thanks
    LEJC
    If it helps I was told to put them in the corners of my rooms.
    On the floor.
    Works for me
    Originally posted by Snap-ant

Do your cats mind the conkers Snap?

I remember one year we left a load on the floor and all we could hear each night was the cat chasing them round and knocking them into the skirting boards....she seemed to think we had left toys out for her but only played with them at night time.
    Conkers after that needed to be kept well away from her.

Mind you we have an odd cat...the latest toy she has is a small lion cub ...no idea who it belongs to but it's being hauled around the house and is currently sat on the floor by my side of the bed.
    I guess it must be another of her finds from local houses but I just dont really know how to stop it....I just have visions of there being some small child locally who is now missing their lion....it's clearly quite new as it still has the tag attached so I don't think its something that would have reached cherished status to whoever it belongs to.
    I have to just wait for her to lose interest in it...or replace it with something else and then I'll pop it on our front wall and see if someone reclaims it locally.
    Last edited by LEJC; 09-10-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,550Posts Today

8,795Users online

Martin's Twitter