Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,309Posts
    • 35,041Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1143
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 8th Oct 17, 9:12 PM
    • 14,605 Posts
    • 226,746 Thanks
    zippydooda
    342 on bottom but loads of toiletries on receipts.....shower gel, body wash, shampoos and conditioners and I couldn't be bothered to check what was what
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    not too hard to see if there is an "L" next to item
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Oct 17, 9:17 PM
    • 34,115 Posts
    • 450,856 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    not too hard to see if there is an "L" next to item
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Of course.

Shower gel and beef rump
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 8th Oct 17, 9:22 PM
    • 1,530 Posts
    • 9,770 Thanks
    P2TKL

My graduation is in just over a weeks time but i'm not going.
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    My son graduated in summer. However his graduation ceremony wasn't until Sept. By then he had started a new job in Russia and couldn't get back to attend the ceremony due to visa problems. I had bought the train tickets, the ceremony tickets, and hired his gown. To say I was disappointed is an understatement.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Oct 17, 9:33 PM
    • 2,049 Posts
    • 19,284 Thanks
    curl girl
    My son graduated in summer. However his graduation ceremony wasn't until Sept. By then he had started a new job in Russia and couldn't get back to attend the ceremony due to visa problems. I had bought the train tickets, the ceremony tickets, and hired his gown. To say I was disappointed is an understatement.
    Originally posted by P2TKL
    With technology you would think your son would be able to participate on a video link like they do in the Oscar awards etc.

Evening peeps
    Didn't bother with S today.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Oct 17, 9:34 PM
    • 34,115 Posts
    • 450,856 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Originally posted by P2TKL
    Awww

Sorry to hear that Its such an expensive business too
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Oct 17, 9:45 PM
    • 12,204 Posts
    • 133,209 Thanks
    Anon
    Has anyone tried this please? The normal 250 N3ctar points per ticket offer on mym4il seems to have gone. According to the comments it seems to be V I P Vu3 Cinema for 250 N3ctar points rather than paying for normal plus an additional 250?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vue-cinema-ticket-for-250-nectar-points-worth-125-normally-valid-any-day-until-31-december-through-mymail-website-2791215?page=2#thread-comments

Good if true as there are some good films coming up before Christmas including Ninjago and Star Wars .

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 08-10-2017 at 9:48 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    • 19,966 Posts
    • 256,278 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    SAVVY IS THIS THE REAL PRICE IN MORRISONS PLEASE

EDIT. looks like it is incorrect as on m.com its 1 pack and a box of eggs for £2
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    No it's not. I have 2 for £1 for several Warburtons products in M, including Giant Crumpets packs. I don't know the real prices; I just go by SELs.

As you have identified, msm is incorrect - the offer online is a Warburtons Giant Crumpets pack (a couple of crumpets) plus a box of 6 pack Happy Eggs for total of £2() - it's taking the number of eggs is being 6 for...

As I'd want Happy Eggs 6s to go down to £1 (which some of them have in the past), even if I bought a couple of Warburtons Giant Crumpets for full price (which I wouldn't) my guide price would be a lot lower than £2. The "saving" is off the full price of both products, although I suppose those prices could have been even worse than what they are. It seems better way to go is whoopsied crumpets and also find some cheaper eggs.
    M lists - post 24450+ for now (page 612).
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    My ref.: previously page 535 (21371).
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Oct 17, 11:40 PM
    • 19,966 Posts
    • 256,278 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    M list is now done, except I might change my mind and add the odd one or two items on later that I've currently not bothered with. Lots of items that are on my old list from months ago at the start of the last thread will, unbelievably perhaps, still be valid and, if I ever get the chance, I may transfer some of them on the basis of what they undoubtedly will be even though I have not seen them. For example, I suspect that Beacon Light Bulbs will still be available at £1, along with all other items in the pound shop section of M that many people don't have. I will be missing items and people may find RTCs in their M that I don't have.

The list should be good for the APG all day tomorrow (at least as long as checked before the prices update, expected on Tuesday) if they picked the items up at those prices in the first place. They may even be occasionally more generous than me.

I think they were comparing the SP 4 pack Pork Pies (440g) against the individual Large Pork Pie (440g) from M that is showing £1 in the Savvy Buys for M on msm. Whether they still had the pork pies linked up with that item on last Wednesday's collection, which we will now still be on, I don't know.

I don't really do price collections on Mondays these days as many offers in M nowadays change on Wednesdays. I don't have time to do full price collection on Monday anymore (or indeed on Wednesdays really - although I have got quite a lot, online is woefully incomplete, I am less so but still incomplete, more than I was before - I do have quite a lot of RTCs on the 'buy in M' list which will doubtless now have sold out of the stores over the weekend but you may be lucky and people will have lots of gardening items in total but one or two individually on RTCs that I don't have in my stores). Fwiw, I will be in an M tomorrow at some point for my bread again and will see if I have an impression of anything changing or going newly on offer - it will have several ranges of items missing though. I don't know if I will keep track of everything I have on Wednesday but may get various points in the day for very limited (compared to what they used to be) checks in M in stores that certainly don't have some ranges of items! I'll just see what I can do and now I have a bit of a list (two posts!) it's peaked up my curiosity as to what might change this Wednesday.

Goodnight for now.

EDIT: Somehow everyone else left early this evening and there have been no posts since I made my previous one nearly one and a half hours ago. Obviously everyone was waiting until I'd finished my list.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 08-10-2017 at 11:43 PM.
    M lists - post 24450+ for now (page 612).
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    My ref.: previously page 535 (21371).
    • dollywops
    • By dollywops 9th Oct 17, 12:12 AM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 2,743 Thanks
    dollywops

Filled my coat pockets with this year's spider deterrents on my walk to Ts - lovely big fat conkers

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I have been a lurker on this thread for ever, but felt I had to contribute to this post.

On the recommendation of a good friend, I collected some congers. I have placed them on window ledges. Well, since then, we've had about 6 spiders, so large that my husband struggles to get them in the spider catcher!

What am I going wrong?
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Oct 17, 12:13 AM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    I have been a lurker on this thread for ever, but felt I had to contribute to this post.

On the recommendation of a good friend, I collected some congers. I have placed them on window ledges. Well, since then, we've had about 6 spiders, so large that my husband struggles to get them in the spider catcher!

What am I going wrong?
    Originally posted by dollywops
    You collected giant spider eggs, not conkers
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 9th Oct 17, 1:26 AM
    • 13,722 Posts
    • 142,238 Thanks
    3Dogs

What am I going wrong?
    Originally posted by dollywops
    Maybe they were ones that were already in the house and have come out of hiding trying to escape? See if you get any new ones now

You collected giant spider eggs, not conkers
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Easy mistake to make
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 10/16
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 9th Oct 17, 1:46 AM
    • 13,722 Posts
    • 142,238 Thanks
    3Dogs
    A v M
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Salad Tomatoes (6pk) £0.69 £0.50

Is this on 342?
    1x Original Source Lemon & Tea Tree Shower Gel (250ml) £1.50 £1.62
    2x Original Source Lime Shower Gel (250ml) £3.00 £2.00

A v T
    1x 4head Natural Headache Relief (3.6gr) £4.50 £3.50
    1x Kellogg's Coco Pops (510g) £2.68 £2.00
    1x Aero Chocolate Mousses (4x59g) £1.40 £0.70
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Yes, but it's on £2 for 2 at Morries so needs to be bought in 6 items to match both 3for2 and £2 for 2 offers. So only two matched offer above, and 3rd reverted to normal price

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 10/16
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 9th Oct 17, 1:51 AM
    • 13,722 Posts
    • 142,238 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Lists 19 and 20 updated so off to bed now. Night Night

• elainemn
    • By elainemn 9th Oct 17, 5:05 AM
    • 2,945 Posts
    • 44,460 Thanks
    elainemn
    good morning. Early one for me today. Happy Monday.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 9th Oct 17, 7:33 AM
    • 3,364 Posts
    • 31,462 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning.
    Well Froctober isn't going too well we're running out of everything! Yesterday we needed Pepsi and the best buy I've found is 8x2l for £7 @ Iceland warehouse so that was yesterday's spend on Saturday we needed bacon and I buy a 4lb pack from the local butcher for £7.99 so another big spend but that will last us weeks.
    Today dh is collecting a c nc from As on his way home from work using mainly apgs which should cost £5ish but should stock us up for the rest of October so I'm hoping my spend will still come in under £50.
    Work today for me as I'm at the hospital tomorrow with a very quick catch up with FC en route, have a good day everyone.
    Froctober £50 £27.85
    NSD 12/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 3.5lb
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 9th Oct 17, 7:39 AM
    • 3,763 Posts
    • 48,458 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Usual miserable wet weather

Just having breakfast and wondered if you all like the rice milk etc DH refuses to try it I only have milk in porridge so it last all week and have been using it for a few years now and much prefer it

DH had to be relieved of some biscuits he was gifting to the staff where he buys his fencing He did not follow proper stock control and was taking the First Class from yesterday then wonders why we have OOD stuff

Enjoy your day

Again thanks to 3 dogs for all the relisting much appreciated

Hope it all good at the hospital Di
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 09-10-2017 at 7:43 AM.
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48 Week 3 £28.60
    • tbw
    • By tbw 9th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    Still no baby yet - GD was induced Sat evening but still only 1cm dilated. Baby is obviously very comfortable where she is !
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Oct 17, 8:11 AM
    • 5,590 Posts
    • 68,422 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Oct 17, 8:23 AM
    • 5,173 Posts
    • 53,497 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• tweets
    • By tweets 9th Oct 17, 8:31 AM
    • 28,736 Posts
    • 411,180 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,321Posts Today

7,260Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin