Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,310Posts
    • 35,042Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1140
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Oct 17, 2:42 PM
    • 16,810 Posts
    • 195,058 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon all - back from the long trip south to see Eldest child and her lovely new OH and their new flat - moved in at the end of August - they are married 6 months now

Totally exhausting weekend starting with a visit to a gorgeous underground cellar bar in London (yes we managed the tube fine) and then in the evening it was the Gin Festival on Friday night where the gin flowed too freely followed by a curry night.
    Saturday morning Eldest child made bacon sandwiches and then we went to a local timber reclamation yard and a antiques/junk emporium where they found the lovely mirror for over the fire place they have been trying to find for ages. Then a quick nip into their Morrisons, madly busy, a visit to the pub and then we went to an Italian for a late lunch followed by a walk through the shops and market. Then we had an evening in with a picky dinner and a browse of the box sets
    This morning we went for a walk to see an ancient ruined abbey before more bacon sandwiches and then we set off for home again.

And now we have to go and collect the cats followed by sausage and mash as Errant son is home just about long enough to have a meal with us

Catch up later ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Oct 17, 2:56 PM
    • 28,739 Posts
    • 411,228 Thanks
    tweets
    Can you eat cake on a Sunday tweets?

I've made a coffee and walnut traybake
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I can eat cake anyday but don't like nuts so sorry will have to refuse your kind offer
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 8th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 15,361 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all well.

Congratulations tpwl66 & family on the birth of not so little Theo, gorgeous

Did another 4 S shops today which all only yielded 200 pts I have some badly fitting clothing to return but I really shouldn't choose clothing that I like and is in the right size as I also have a few items that won't be returned
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    • 9,816 Posts
    • 109,562 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all well.

Congratulations tpwl66 & family on the birth of not so little Theo, gorgeous

Did another 4 S shops today which all only yielded 200 pts I have some badly fitting clothing to return but I really shouldn't choose clothing that I like and is in the right size as I also have a few items that won't be returned
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Hi Nellie I did two petrol ones 1000 and a 200 then two shops and got a 200 and a 500 with Riley in tow lol
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 8th Oct 17, 3:27 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 15,361 Thanks
    Nellie35
    My news that I can share with you all is that it is DD2's graduation on friday I don't think I mentioned that we heard that she had passed with a second a few weeks ago and will be starting with the East of England Ambulance Service as a Paramedic at the end of this month after having passed her C1 LGV driving test this week She will be based in Chelmsford but has another 2 or 3 months training with them before she goes out on the road but at least she will be getting paid

The graduation ceremony is at Chelmsford Cathederal and I have bought a new dress & jacket from Roman for the occasion. So far it is looking as if the weather is going to be kind to us with a dry day and approx 18/19 deg. forecast
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 8th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 15,361 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Hi Nellie I did two petrol ones 1000 and a 200 then two shops and got a 200 and a 500 with Riley in tow lol
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Hi emerald, well done. I have had a few 200's & 500's, 1 1000 & 1 2000 in total. Not too bad overall but not as good as some. Just hoping that they do have a double up soon
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 8th Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    • 4,273 Posts
    • 91,702 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    My news that I can share with you all is that it is DD2's graduation on friday I don't think I mentioned that we heard that she had passed with a second a few weeks ago and will be starting with the East of England Ambulance Service as a Paramedic at the end of this month after having passed her C1 LGV driving test this week She will be based in Chelmsford but has another 2 or 3 months training with them before she goes out on the road but at least she will be getting paid

The graduation ceremony is at Chelmsford Cathederal and I have bought a new dress & jacket from Roman for the occasion. So far it is looking as if the weather is going to be kind to us with a dry day and approx 18/19 deg. forecast

My graduation is in just over a weeks time but i'm not going.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 8th Oct 17, 3:44 PM
    • 1,959 Posts
    • 20,743 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    So how many bowls of salad did you manage?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    One, I would not want to take advantage
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 8th Oct 17, 3:45 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 15,361 Thanks
    Nellie35

Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Oh Westie well done to you too You should go if you can it's a one time only opportunity
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Oct 17, 3:46 PM
    • 16,810 Posts
    • 195,058 Thanks
    mhoc

Originally posted by Westvleteren
    by choice or by circumstance?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 8th Oct 17, 3:48 PM
    • 4,273 Posts
    • 91,702 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Oh Westie well done to you too You should go if you can it's a one time only opportunity
    Nah, not my cup of tea. I had thought I would meet up with others after for a drink but I just don't have the energy.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Oct 17, 3:48 PM
    • 16,810 Posts
    • 195,058 Thanks
    mhoc
    One, I would not want to take advantage
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    I always worry about salad on open buffets - how long it has been hanging about and who has coughed over it ...
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Oct 17, 3:51 PM
    • 16,810 Posts
    • 195,058 Thanks
    mhoc

Very exciting - are you used to her now being so far from home?

Is she going into a house share in Chelmsford while the training is going on?

Both of mind had cathedral graduation ceremonies - very memorable days. The middle one had his passing out weekend which was as momentous in its own way.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 8th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 1,612 Posts
    • 25,312 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Shop from today

17 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Shampoo (300ml) £6.00 £3.00
    4x Cadbury Wispa Chocolate Bar (36g) £2.00 £1.80
    2x Loyd Grossman Bolognese Pasta Sauce (660g) £4.00 £2.78
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    0.2x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.12 £0.12
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    0.34x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.26 £0.25
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Stunning Shine Conditioner (300ml) £6.00 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £18.68 £11.25
    +£7.43 cheaper
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 8th Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    • 1,612 Posts
    • 25,312 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Shop from today to use Cheerios on shopium

View comparison
    View comparison
    10 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Dr Pepper Zero (2lt) £0.94 £1.00
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x McVitie's Hobnobs Milk Chocolate & Ginger Oaty Snack Bars (6x30g) £1.00 £0.50
    1x McVitie's Hobnobs Milk Chocolate & Coconut Oaty Snack Bars (6x30g) £1.00 £0.50
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x McVitie's Hobnobs Milk Chocolate & Salted Caramel Oaty Snack Bar (6x30g) £1.00 £0.50
    1x Nestle Cheerios Oat Crisp (440g) £3.00 £1.43
    1x McVitie's Hobnobs Milk Chocolate & Golden Syrup Oaty Snack Bar (6x30g) £1.00 £0.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) £8.34 £4.83
    +£3.51 cheaper
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 8th Oct 17, 4:06 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 15,361 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Very exciting - are you used to her now being so far from home?

Is she going into a house share in Chelmsford while the training is going on?

Both of mind had cathedral graduation ceremonies - very memorable days. The middle one had his passing out weekend which was as momentous in its own way.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Hi mhoc, yes we're used to her being away now but of course uni holidays were longer than she will have when working so she will not be coming home as often. I can always go down there more

Her GF is moving down with her and they have managed to find a small 2 bedroomed house to rent where GF can also take her dog but OMG the prices are as you well know. Their tenancy begins on 18th October. GF is giving up her job to move down but she is a chef so she should easily be able to find something and is considering new opportunities and is thinking of applying to the Prison Service At least we will have somewhere to stay when we visit now as opposed to Travelodge/Premier Inn.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 8th Oct 17, 4:15 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    she is a chef so she should easily be able to find something and is considering new opportunities and is thinking of applying to the Prison Service At least we will have somewhere to stay when we visit now as opposed to Travelodge/Premier Inn.
    I dont think the prisons let you stop there when you are visiting, even if you do know the chef
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Oct 17, 4:26 PM
    • 5,174 Posts
    • 53,506 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I dont think the prisons let you stop there when you are visiting, even if you do know the chef
    Or if they do, they might not let you out again so easily.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 8th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    • 1,959 Posts
    • 20,743 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    I always worry about salad on open buffets - how long it has been hanging about and who has coughed over it ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    It opened at noon and I was the first customer at 12:10, gave the staff a fright

Yup I hate open salads when snotty peeps about
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 8th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 15,361 Thanks
    Nellie35
    I hope not it's a male prison but then again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,124Posts Today

7,786Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin