Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,027Posts
    • 34,678Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 114
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Jun 17, 5:17 PM
    • 18,391 Posts
    • 194,876 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Well, we've just come in from repairing the garden wall, and the front wall.

All done, should be OK for a few years now

OH came in and turned the TV on for the football match. I was absolutely disgusted with Scotland when they booed through the English National Anthem, was dead proud when the English did not retaliate for the Scottish one though.

I think it is vital to respect the National Anthem, it shows total disrespect if you do not.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Jun 17, 5:24 PM
    • 14,809 Posts
    • 181,064 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

OH came in and turned the TV on for the football match. I was absolutely disgusted with Scotland when they booed through the English National Anthem, was dead proud when the English did not retaliate for the Scottish one though.

I think it is vital to respect the National Anthem, it shows total disrespect if you do not.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I agree, it was terrible x
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • scottishshortie
    • By scottishshortie 10th Jun 17, 5:27 PM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 16,172 Thanks
    scottishshortie

Totally agree it disgusts me how many still think this is acceptable epically because its England

Sorry should have said because its GSTQ not because its England
    Last edited by scottishshortie; 10-06-2017 at 5:30 PM.
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 10th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 7,299 Posts
    • 113,712 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    hello lovely people I hope the elite are well.
    See your still all increasing your stashes, I have not had time to join in the fun this time,
    I did dig up 14.5 lb new potatoes today, and picked my first tomatoes and a cucumber so with the plentiful eggs and lettuce it had to be salad for tea, my first totally home grown meal of the year..xx
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Jun 17, 5:40 PM
    • 14,809 Posts
    • 181,064 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    See your still all increasing your stashes, I have not had time to join in the fun this time,
    I did dig up 14.5 lb new potatoes today, and picked my first tomatoes and a cucumber so with the plentiful eggs and lettuce it had to be salad for tea, my first totally home grown meal of the year..xx
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    Hello sexy lady.

Very impressive, ultra elite!
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jun 17, 5:43 PM
    • 25,750 Posts
    • 301,689 Thanks
    davemorton
    Blimey, toms already. I am just getting flowers.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 10th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 3,649 Posts
    • 47,438 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g)£0.25£0.26
    1x Lurpak Lighter Spreadable Butter (500g)£2.75£2.00
    1x Nivea Visage Gentle Exfoliating Scrub (150ml)£2.50£2.00
    1x Cadbury Chomp Chocolate Bar (23.5g£0.25 N/A
    1x Lurpak Slightly Salted Spreadable Butter (500g)£2.75£2.00
    1x ASDA ES Sweet Aromatico Tomatoes (220g)£1.50£1.00
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g)£0.35N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10£0.10
    1x Swizzels Parma Violets (40g)£0.35N/A
    1x Nivea Refreshing 2In1 Cleanser & Toner (200ml)£2.50£1.50
    1x Nivea Visage Eye Makeup Remover (125ml)£2.50£2.00

Was just playing with the nivea

cost £5.00 Apg £ 2.55 on Nivea so 80p each ???? And it makes a set

HTH

I am now off out for the evening after an afternoon of babysitting Working tomorrow so cant drink Wont be late so will catch up soon
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 10-06-2017 at 5:53 PM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Jun 17, 5:48 PM
    • 18,391 Posts
    • 194,876 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Are they from the greenhouse? I have some tomato flowers but that is all, apart from rapidly ripening strawberries

Bet the home grown spuds taste good though

Admittedly do have some ripening redcurrants too, and some unripe blueberries Apples are looking quite impressive too.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    • 33,110 Posts
    • 443,298 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jun 17, 5:52 PM
    • 33,110 Posts
    • 443,298 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jun 17, 5:53 PM
    • 33,110 Posts
    • 443,298 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Surely we can find a good comparison amongst that lot

Think I've found a one we haven't tried yet.

Will report back after tea
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jun 17, 5:54 PM
    • 1,744 Posts
    • 19,010 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Re SS PAGs
    I scan shopping, go to pay, click and scan coupon and then receipt. Then don't total it, I feed money in, once it acknowledges I have paid or overpaid I click total bitty, it then asks if coupon ok, i click ok, it them hums and clicks and finishes, make sure you put PAG in the slot fully with the receipt attached AFTER it produces receipt as it sometimes asks for supervisor, and if it put away, it causes annoyance.
    I prefer cash as I lose track of card payments.Also if there is cook up, easier to be refunded in cash
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 10th Jun 17, 5:54 PM
    • 16,428 Posts
    • 278,052 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Blimey, you're doing well with tomatoes already!

Are they from the greenhouse? I have some tomato flowers but that is all, apart from rapidly ripening strawberries

Bet the home grown spuds taste good though

Admittedly do have some ripening redcurrants too, and some unripe blueberries Apples are looking quite impressive too.
    We have flowers but not a lot else. I do have red raspberries now though
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    • 18,391 Posts
    • 194,876 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Blimey, you're doing well with tomatoes already!

We have flowers but not a lot else. I do have red raspberries now though
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    That is strange, my raspberries have just started developing. Has to be my favourite crop, maybe a bit indulgent, love to go out and pick a few first thing in the morning and they go straight on my muesli

Rather delighted with one other thing though, I have several baby bunches of grapes on a vine I only put in last year And yes, I know I should really cut them off, but I very rarely follow rules like that and mostly get away with it
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    • 33,110 Posts
    • 443,298 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    That sounds delicious rhos

Lovely to see you
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 10th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 16,428 Posts
    • 278,052 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    That is strange, my raspberries have just started developing. Has to be my favourite crop, maybe a bit indulgent, love to go out and pick a few first thing in the morning and they go straight on my muesli

Rather delighted with one other thing though, I have several baby bunches of grapes on a vine I only put in last year And yes, I know I should really cut them off, but I very rarely follow rules like that and mostly get away with it
    Raspberries rarely make it to the allotment gate for me I was when I saw them all red and lovely

I did the same with my grape. Never done it any harm and its on its third year now. The one I have is a drinking grape but I want an eating grape now too
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Jun 17, 6:05 PM
    • 49,586 Posts
    • 574,204 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi Rhos
    well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Jun 17, 6:07 PM
    • 49,586 Posts
    • 574,204 Thanks
    bubbs
    TM brill pics, that would be the whole of the toiletry aisle in my store
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • Splodge12
    • By Splodge12 10th Jun 17, 6:09 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 3,888 Thanks
    Splodge12
    Thanks to the original poster about the deodorant's. Have just purchased 9. Very pleased as we were down to our last one.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Jun 17, 6:10 PM
    • 14,809 Posts
    • 181,064 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    TM brill pics, that would be the whole of the toiletry aisle in my store
    Originally posted by bubbs
    It is impressive..... I bet they know her well in the local A!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,203Posts Today

6,868Users online

Martin's Twitter