Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,309Posts
    • 35,039Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1126
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 6th Oct 17, 5:28 PM
    • 19,924 Posts
    • 256,044 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Vs T, S and M

Now is obviously the time to buy these:

1x Lynx YOU Shower Gel (250ml) £1.00 £1.00

Not when they were on 3 for 2 before, but now.

Shop as a whole more than 10% cheaper than everywhere. In fact:

7 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    1x Willow Spread (250g) £0.80 £1.00
    1x Lynx YOU Shower Gel (250ml) £1.00 £1.00
    1x McVitie's Penguin Original Chocolate Biscuit Bar 8 Pack (8x24.6) £1.00 £1.57
    1x TRESemme Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner (500ml) £1.50 N/A
    1x Lynx You Body Spray Deodorant (200ml) £2.00 £4.00
    1x Linda McCartney Meat Free 6 Vegetarian Sausage (6x50g) £1.25 £1.00
    1x Patersons Shortbread Fingers (380g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x TRESemme Moisture Rich Shampoo (500ml) £1.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Frozen for Freshness Button Sprouts (1kg) £0.95 £1.08
    Comparison total (compared products only) £8.00 £10.65
    cheaper +£2.65

I think, on what was actually available in M's estate on Wednesday, A is actually cheaper than what its APG system states. I think I have both the "N/A" items. ("N/A" just means the independent agency couldn't find the item, which in all likelihood, they couldn't!) I think I have both this specific conditioner and this shampoo - they are each on £1.75 RTC in M. So, if you want to pay £1.50 each for these 500ml TreSemme, they could be a 'filler' vs M!

I appear to know more than what the price collectors do - from my limited three stores I have managed to find what they probably didn't have in any of the collection stores on Wednesday.

On another receipt earlier, when I think we were already on Wednesday, this appeared as N/A, sadly as the M comp. was the best overall so may have lost me 40p:

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Weetabix-Biscuits/212114011

"Out of stock" - I don't think so: I am pretty sure I saw that in my wonderful TreSemme store on Wednesday. If we were to use m.com like the SELs instore are used - of course we can't - then it has a price there and would be compared for up to 7 days if OOS. Unfortunately, they may not have the product in any of their Ms or it may be that it is one of those appearing to me to be specially-purchased items that are brought in and remain as long as the stock remains, I would suspect generally one or two weeks in most stores. They are the types of items in the past I would be chasing around stores to try to find them again, after losing them from all my original stores.

I nearly always had success when using lots of stores and they can remain around, still being found by me when I went to more stores, for several months afterwards. That's unusual - I found that with some special big pack size tea bags, still around stock appeared on RTC shelf in one store months later. I had nearly continuously had it at one or another changing store in between - may have lost it for about a week and then caught up with it again somewhere else where I hadn't had it before.

With the Weetabix, I lost another pack last time that came in specially in the past year. The packs had disappeared from lots of stores, it seemed, in their first week. Those weekend shoppers in M buying promoted offers. I did find, the following week or two, the product still in M - in one store then with lots of stock for me but that was then a real rarity as not in any other stores out of numerous. This time, I seem to have the 72 pack in one of my three - definitely there, on the bottom shelf on an aisle (I don't think the collectors check those places but the products will be in different places in different stores that still have it I surmise - although it may well be one lost from all the collection stores - defiitely, I had six before and failed to find those tea bags some weeks or was close to losing them altogether.)

EDIT: Definitely got the Moisture Rich Shampoo 500ml at £1.75 RTC (which should be compared to, not that I want it to be) in M - I have written precisely that down - and I think one of the several others I have is the Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner. You clearly don't want these shampoos and conditioners though - bubbs seems to have the right idea.

Still getting the Kippers in each store - APG had it last week - probably still have it but I can't guarantee.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 06-10-2017 at 5:36 PM.
    M lists - post 24450 onwards for now (on page 612).
    Partially expired version from last week with this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout].
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Filling my car got me 1x2k,1x1k, 2x500 and 2x200

Instore was 1x200, 1x1k ...and a 1k womble!

Definitely an improvement on last time

Also i noticed today my points balance was £10 higher than the other day. Turns out virgin have awarded me 2x1000pts from May
    Originally posted by aau1
    As usual, well gel of your vouchers. I got 3 x 200, 1 x 500 and 1 x 1000
    Mrs zippy found this. Untested by us. But may be of interest to others

Originally posted by zippydooda
    And a link to the NHS page about the facebook post.
    https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-practice/minor-ailment-scheme-doesnt-provide-free-calpol-for-all/

I don't do it myself as (for the moment) I can afford to pay myself and don't want to take advantage of the system
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Agree. I dont know enough about the system, but really hope it isnt the counted as a prescription item, then costing the NHS loads when people use it just to get a pack of plasters, similar to getting a prescription for paracetamol.
    Last edited by davemorton; 06-10-2017 at 5:56 PM.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 6th Oct 17, 5:57 PM
    • 19,924 Posts
    • 256,044 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I have deleted the items that I think to be expired in M from the "mini"-list. I have the price of 87p for the McVities Snack Bars now (were 50p last week). I think the Carrot Juice went up and the Island Sun Coarse Semolina has probably ended according to online (I trust it there but not on the snack bars). I notice that I had the Weetabix 72 on the list from last week when it was £5.68 in A. They bought it for me when A now has it at £4 and it hasn't compared - I have deleted it as it seems less good now and it doesn't work anyway. I have removed the Serge Island Punch from Tvs M, which appears to have expired early in the week, so that is up-to-date as far as goes. (I did Wednesday-Wednesday so this is the first chance I have to take it off.)

I think the mini-list is up-to-date but a woefully limited selection of items at the moment. It's not that there aren't that many against M, but I have yet to add the rest that I have. So it will be a lot more when it is finished.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 06-10-2017 at 6:04 PM.
    M lists - post 24450 onwards for now (on page 612).
    Partially expired version from last week with this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout].
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Oct 17, 5:58 PM
    • 5,171 Posts
    • 53,465 Thanks
    Serendipitious

Agree. I dont know enough about the system, but really hope it isnt the counted as a prescription item, then costing the NHS loads when people use it just to get a pack of plasters, similar to getting a prescription for paracetamol.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Just mentioned this to DD and she remembers seeing it on NetMums a few years back. She went to register at that time, but they told her the scheme was 'currently over-subscribed' so she wasn't able to do it.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Oct 17, 6:00 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Just mentioned this to DD and she remembers seeing it on NetMums a few years back. She went to register at that time, but they told her the scheme was 'currently over-subscribed' so she wasn't able to do it.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Netmums, thought they wear all too busy worrying what to do with their bedside beakers to have time to go to the pharmacy?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 6th Oct 17, 6:00 PM
    • 1,339 Posts
    • 14,755 Thanks
    Arthien
    Evening all!

Playing catch up after a busy week, just spotted some people have already done well with the nectar points! I was going to get Baileys (for Christmas presents ) but having read back, I saw that spirits don't count so presumably that idea is out. Looks like it'll be ill-fitting clothes and petrol then

Just on the off-chance, has anyone tried the Hotel Chocolate offer for hot chocolate or tea instead of coffee?
    Frugal October: £30.89 / £80, 13 / 31 days.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Oct 17, 6:02 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Evening all!

Playing catch up after a busy week, just spotted some people have already done well with the nectar points! I was going to get Baileys (for Christmas presents ) but having read back, I saw that spirits don't count so presumably that idea is out. Looks like it'll be ill-fitting clothes and petrol then

Just on the off-chance, has anyone tried the Hotel Chocolate offer for hot chocolate or tea instead of coffee?
    Originally posted by Arthien
    liqueurs are also excluded, but just to make sure, I did buy a bottle (good price at £12) and no, it didnt work.
    • aau1
    • By aau1 6th Oct 17, 6:09 PM
    • 18,835 Posts
    • 323,905 Thanks
    aau1
    Evening all!

not personally but on the HUKD thread I saw some people say they had success
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 6th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    • 6,816 Posts
    • 55,136 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I’ve had a Just Milk email with link. It’s one of those Mocs like they have on the Victoria site, value up to £1.40. Only managed to print one

Good for an S shop.

Remember those Bahlsen biscuits on cos from S too. 50p after cashback.
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 06-10-2017 at 6:27 PM.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Oct 17, 6:29 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Free cider on shopimum, but its that horrible pig stuff, not worth my petrol.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 6th Oct 17, 6:36 PM
    • 2,359 Posts
    • 26,091 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Hello all
    I have been reading but not posting..ive been hours trying to get rid of 'the little green robot' on my phone but without success- it was an old phone for the 3 sim, but I cant get on google playstore because of the green robot- so wuntu will proceed without me
    I had forgotten about idh tix but managed to get them for the Wednesday..i will be in London doing my babysitting duties til lunchtime so am hoping pop in early afternoon, so if elite are around I may be able to say hello in person
    I went to £land today and bought 2.5 litres of dulux endurance for £5...I think I saw this on the darkside...they only had 3 colours, banana split (yellow) bright blue and Timeless cream/magnolia which I bought...I don't know if other stores have different colours but that's all that were in mine.
    popped into T for the magazines- nothing for me in them at the moment but you never know at what offers are looming. I also wanted the nandos gift card as they have 15% til sunday but 2 stores I went to hadn't got them its a shame as we use these on the way to London babysitting we stop in at Beckton which is then only 20mins from DS.
    Morrison have cheerios on offer at £1.43 these are also on shopmum with £1 back so they are only 43p
    Then on to S petrol 6 x £10 = 1 x 1000 the rest 200
    7 instore shops 3 x 200, 2 x 500 1x1000 and 1 x5000
    but 1 of the shops I also had a till split of 1200 point when spending £30 on clothes- I came away with loads of clothes that came to exactly £30 that were in the sale- now to try them on and see if they fit
    A couple of ideas for S £10 shop :-
    Bahlsen biscuits on offer £1 on cos 50p therefore 10 pkts qualifies for a voucher + £5 from cos. there are 2 flavours so 2 shops mine dated end of Oct next year.
    linda McCartney sausages £1 gj 40p
    b.e fish fingers omega 3 £2 tcb 75p
    butterscotch sauce £1.50 cos 75p
    total yogurt £1.10 cos £1.10
    hobnobs £1.00 tcb 50p
    haribo £1.00 tcb 40p
    mr crumb stuffing £2.00 cos £1,00
    bahlsen biscuit £1.00 cos 50p

TOTAL= £10.60 £4.40 CASH BACK
    my store doesn't have the gu dessert or the pea snacks for shopmum cb

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Oct 17, 6:47 PM
    • 51,211 Posts
    • 585,790 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hello hillybilly
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 6th Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    • 15,159 Posts
    • 183,622 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Hello hillybilly
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Hello bubbs..... off for a power walk...
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 6th Oct 17, 6:54 PM
    • 6,816 Posts
    • 55,136 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Can cos and shopmum be on the same receipt please?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 6th Oct 17, 6:57 PM
    • 1,339 Posts
    • 14,755 Thanks
    Arthien
    liqueurs are also excluded, but just to make sure, I did buy a bottle (good price at £12) and no, it didnt work.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Oh well, maybe I should try it too, just to be doubly-sure
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 6th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 1,339 Posts
    • 14,755 Thanks
    Arthien
    not personally but on the HUKD thread I saw some people say they had success
    Originally posted by aau1
    Ooh might be worth a try then. Very rare any local shops or cinemas are on a list for freebies so I need to make the most of it
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    No rush, got hours till closing time

Oh well, maybe I should try it too, just to be doubly-sure
    Well who could blame you, I am often wrong
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Oct 17, 7:05 PM
    • 51,211 Posts
    • 585,790 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Enjoy
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • aau1
    • By aau1 6th Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    • 18,835 Posts
    • 323,905 Thanks
    aau1
    Can cos and shopmum be on the same receipt please?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    yes they can
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 6th Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    • 2,359 Posts
    • 26,091 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Hello hillybilly
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Hello

Enjoy your holiday, you deserve a break after all those test shops you done
    is it Yorkshire youre going to?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,070Posts Today

6,736Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin