Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,300Posts
    • 35,015Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1123
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 6th Oct 17, 10:17 AM
    • 19,897 Posts
    • 255,802 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    M Lever Arch Corkscrew 50p

I have got a lot. I have just realised when trying to find the price of one of my SP-equivalent items. Away from those, one of my stores now has a wider range of items, although it certainly doesn't have everything. I will crack on although there will be another break of 2 hours today as I need to go to A for some milk. Items will keep being added to lists and moved around - don't worry if I put another post containing a list (or part of one) here and then delete it and move it to elsewhere later (or hopefully move it first before I delete its original location). If I go quiet for a while now, that's what I'm doing - silently updating lists or I may mention the odd 'item of interest' as and when I come back across it.

Although I am still constantly here in the background, see you later.
    M list - posts 22772-3 (page 570 on 40 posts).
    Buy in M/Tvs M - post 22982 (page 575 on 40 posts).
    SP list - now page 548, posts 21900-21903.
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Oct 17, 10:38 AM
    • 14,520 Posts
    • 243,966 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Life eh?

Wishing you all the bestest ♥

He is ranting about orange spots that have appeared on his newly cleaned carpet...
    Discovers they are from the metal feet on a 40s coffee table.
    Well he would move the furniture back before the carpet had dried
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• abailey54
    • By abailey54 6th Oct 17, 10:42 AM
    • 1,499 Posts
    • 18,992 Thanks
    abailey54
    Hi Elite, I hope you are well

I haven't been around for ages and I've missed the thread alot. Thought I'd pop in to see what's going on and it's S £10 petrol day - I had no idea, yippee
    • altojack
    • By altojack 6th Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    • 9,126 Posts
    • 122,089 Thanks
    altojack
    Good morning Elite

Lovely and sunny here but chilly, only to be expected for the time of year.

I need congers urgently, I went to get my dressing gown off the bed last night and there was a huge spider sitting on it I screached fir Mr AJ, he came dashing up stairs and got rid of the offensive creature . My scalp is tingling just talking about it . Dressing gown been washed and on the line as we speak.

NSD for me, last Pulmonary session yesterday so my joints are very painful. I am however breathing correctly most of the time now, not too much shallow breathing

And there off

fuzzgun off to a good start, good luck everyone. I love reading about your swipe results. I don't take part as Mr S is too far away

S. 10 petrol brought 200.

2 £10 shops brought 500 & 1k.

Happy with that for now.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Well done on your first day so far xx

Life eh?

Wishing you all the bestest ♥

He is ranting about orange spots that have appeared on his newly cleaned carpet...
    Discovers they are from the metal feet on a 40s coffee table.
    Well he would move the furniture back before the carpet had dried
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Nooooo, orange spots, you mean rust marks? Rust is a living orgasm, you'll have to eliminate with rust remover or it will spread

Hi Elite, I hope you are well

I haven't been around for ages and I've missed the thread alot. Thought I'd pop in to see what's going on and it's S £10 petrol day - I had no idea, yippee
    Originally posted by abailey54
    Hello abailey, nice to see you after so long. Hope you are well. Good luck swiping

Hugs to all the Elite poorly and those low in spirit. You're in my thoughts today xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 159
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Oct 17, 10:58 AM
    • 14,520 Posts
    • 243,966 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    sweeties was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Friday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 6th Oct 17, 11:37 AM
    • 1,463 Posts
    • 15,339 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Good morning everyone. Hope you are all well.

S shops so far
    petrol 1 x 500pts
    clothing 1 x 500pts
    Groceries 2 x 200 pts
    I expect our store is saving all the big ones for emerald
    Last edited by Nellie35; 06-10-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    • 16,724 Posts
    • 194,464 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all.

A question please regarding the rituals shower gel thingy.

Out of curiosity I sent it to my phone and as everyone said yesterday the barcode is missing or at least I cant see it - so did anyone find it?

I've got a print offf from the main email address anyway but I thought it might just be simpler to send the email to the phone/ipad address.

thank you in advance.

Just realised how close hotel chocolate and a rutuals shop are this afternoon
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Oct 17, 11:49 AM
    • 16,724 Posts
    • 194,464 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also a question please for the Hargreves Sipp expert.

I've now down the drawdown and the tax free bit has gone into my account. The rest thats left I can leave there for now at least until the start of 2018 - big bill due at the end of December.

So what happens now - do I leave it and top it up next year for another tax free bit. Or do I just close the account now when I am ready - I believe. the rest is taxed but I am a non tax payer - not even had a tax code in years.
    So where do I find the form for getting any tax paid returned - is it on the direct.gov website anywhere?

Has anyone done the second bit yet?

Its all been more complicated than I thought it would be ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    • 16,724 Posts
    • 194,464 Thanks
    mhoc
    Sainsburys

Eldest child went at 7 this morning - if I had known she was going I would have told her to split her shopping into £10 sections She got 1000 points which is good enough. I am not going to tell her about split shopping - no point in making anyone miserable.

We did
    2 petrol shops 1500
    2 instore shops 400

I only needed milk, bread and eggs for Errant son so I had to include some badly fitting clothing.

Whne I got back home I looked at COS and there is free fage yogurt on the list but only for today
    Oh well - and I keep forgetting to keep looking for the fancy Gu desserts and the pea snacks - oh well maybe Sunday afternoon
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Oct 17, 12:29 PM
    • 9,795 Posts
    • 109,430 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good morning everyone. Hope you are all well.

S shops so far
    petrol 1 x 500pts
    clothing 1 x 500pts
    Groceries 2 x 200 pts
    I expect our store is saving all the big ones for emerald
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Wellllll Nellie I went on my way to the gym and did 3separate £10 petrol which yielded a 200, 500 and another 200 . After the gym I did a £10 shop and got 1000 points. Not earth shattering but ok. They re keeping the 5000 ones for me when I go tomorrow Last year I did get a 5000 one though.

There was a woman in front of me and her shopping came to £230odd and she just got one 500 points. Now if it was me I’d have done 23 separate shops all at the same time but in £10 shops lol.
    SavvySusie
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    • 9,795 Posts
    • 109,430 Thanks
    emerald21
    Morning all.

A question please regarding the rituals shower gel thingy.

Out of curiosity I sent it to my phone and as everyone said yesterday the barcode is missing or at least I cant see it - so did anyone find it?

I've got a print offf from the main email address anyway but I thought it might just be simpler to send the email to the phone/ipad address.

thank you in advance.

Just realised how close hotel chocolate and a rutuals shop are this afternoon
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Where are you then mhoc ? Chester was a dead loss. The bar codes didn’t scan and she was trying to say it was only rituals stores. The one InChester isn t even a compartment If you know what I mean just a desk thing with a few items on
    • tbw
    • By tbw 6th Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    [QUOTE=altojack;73223988]Good morning Elite

Lovely and sunny here but chilly, only to be expected for the time of year.

I need congers urgently, I went to get my dressing gown off the bed last night and there was a huge spider sitting on it I screached fir Mr AJ, he came dashing up stairs and got rid of the offensive creature . My scalp is tingling just talking about it . Dressing gown been washed and on the line as we speak.

NSD for me, last Pulmonary session yesterday so my joints are very painful. I am however breathing correctly most of the time now, not too much shallow breathing

I've had 2 monsters in the last few days - both walked in under the door while I was sprawled with my feet up on the sofa watching TV with DH in the other room. I had the main lights switched off but saw something big moving in the light from the TV. VERY loud screams from me brought DH running and when he tried to whack them (don't tell me not to kill them - its either them or me!) he missed and they both scuttled under the TV unit. I sprayed under the unit with spider spray and it was a right performance to pull the unit out to check. The first one was dead but the second one was nowhere to be seen and I recon it managed to squeeze through a small hole where the Sky cables come in so its probably now in the back room where I keep all my stash.

Since then I don't turn lights off and keep a spray and a big stick by me for instant use when I am watching TV. I am embarrassed to be so stupid but even the thought of them sends me shivery. When I was doing an OU psychology course the lecturer wanted to show the class how therapy could be used to desensitise me - he started out with a picture but got no further as I up sticks and rushed off home without staying for the lecture.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • aau1
    • By aau1 6th Oct 17, 12:55 PM
    • 18,833 Posts
    • 323,864 Thanks
    aau1
    Filling my car got me 1x2k,1x1k, 2x500 and 2x200

Instore was 1x200, 1x1k ...and a 1k womble!

Definitely an improvement on last time

Also i noticed today my points balance was £10 higher than the other day. Turns out virgin have awarded me 2x1000pts from May
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • juju17
    • By juju17 6th Oct 17, 12:58 PM
    • 1,002 Posts
    • 12,200 Thanks
    juju17
    I did 6 petrol and 1 shop...I got 3 x 200, 2 x 500, and 2 x 1000
    Yes I agree aau, better than last year, but not quite so good as the year before that
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 6th Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    • 19,897 Posts
    • 255,802 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    There's a glitch on Glaceau Water, involving an invisible trigger.

This one appears and is NOT the trigger.
    Vs M
    1x Glaceau Vitaminwater Revive (500ml) £1.75 £1.00

BCs on receipt end 5670 (then missing digit) and 5171 (missing digit).
    Whichever of those is not the Revive version is the trigger on this shop. 2 for £2 in A.

There is more than just this one Glaceau 500ml on £1 in M. However, it looks like Revive is the only one showing online in A so you will need Revive plus, presumably, any of the other Glaceau 500mls that A has. As only Revive is online, none of the others will compare against M if they are absent from the comp. even if M has some of them at £1. So, I've no need to bother trying to find which ones I have got in M. We can see the Revive is comparing as at shopping done this morning and checked a few moments ago.

I had to go out, for an emergency shop of my own - and will still need the milk later - but I've found a glitch instead of doing the lists.
    There is time on the lists as M prices generally go through to Tuesdays these days (so much should stay the same when they collect this Monday) and the APG still wasn't updated from last Monday as of last night (may well have updated now, I think these Glaceaus may be new price in M on Wednesday - may have gone from 2 for £2 to was full price and save whatever to get to £1. I will think about that some more and see if I can say that they went onto £1 on Wednesday).

Wonder if three of these would have picked up 3 for £2 for M:
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Sweet Potatoes (1kg) £1.20 £1.00

They compare to cheaper for me anyway. Sweetheart Cabbage sadly gone up in M but still cheaper than A:
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Tenderheart Cabbage (each) £0.69 £0.62

I don't lose the potatoes on this comp. this time:
    1x ASDA Farm Stores White Potatoes (2.5kg) £1.29 £1.24

Everyone else's shops work, it's only mine that don't.
    So M is cheaper on my APG overall.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 06-10-2017 at 1:10 PM.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 5,154 Posts
    • 53,294 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    My modest little £10 fill at Sains yielded 2,000 points so I am a happy bunny.

They told me to get them put on the card so the coupon wouldn't get lost, then they said I'd have to buy something, so I bought a 20p banana.

Going again tomorrow.

No mags yet in my T but I saw the FC biscuits display - £4 each, bogof, so £2 for each 670g pack of biscuits.

And Q Street/Celebrations cartons are half price at 1.50, so 50p per 100g chocolate isn't bad.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• juju17
    • By juju17 6th Oct 17, 1:22 PM
    • 1,002 Posts
    • 12,200 Thanks
    juju17
    Is anyone else having trouble logging into Clicksnap on the app, please?
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 6th Oct 17, 1:25 PM
    • 19,897 Posts
    • 255,802 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I think we may be on Wednesday as Spring Water has come back vs M:

2x ASDA Smart Price Still Spring Water (2l) £0.34 £0.36

This has been N/A vs M before. So, unless the system has updated in the last 30 minutes, it looks like the receipt with the Glaceau comp. (and other items stated in that post) is on Wednesday's M information. I will try to get my prices onto Wednesday as soon as I can, but bear with me.

Carrots 1Kg still missing against M (cheaper in M) and Round Lettuce loses out slightly:

1x ASDA Farm Stores Round Lettuce (each) £0.40 £0.46
    N/A vs S and W but vs T is best (40p).
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 6th Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 19,897 Posts
    • 255,802 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I thought this may well be the way it is because the cider mbuy would make A, on any of those items that compared, cheaper, but the wine might be significantly cheaper somewhere else so not everything lost:

5 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    1x Thatchers Katy Medium Dry Somerset Cider (500ml) £1.50 £1.90
    1x Thatchers Vintage Oak Aged Somerset Cider (500ml) £1.50 £1.90
    1x Aspall Organic Suffolk Cider (500ml) £1.50 £1.90
    1x Soave White Boxed Wine (225 cl) £12.38 £11.50
    1x Henneys Dry Cider (500ml) £1.50 £1.90
    1x Chaplin & Cork's Somerset Reserve Cider (500ml) £1.50 N/A
    1x Orchard Pig Truffler Dry Cider (500ml) £1.50 N/A
    1x Smirnoff Cider Raspberry & Pomegranate (500ml) £1.50 N/A
    1x Westons Old Rosie Cloudy Cider (500ml) £1.50 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £18.38 £19.10
    cheaper +£0.72

The Soave is an own label product.

Exactly 10% cheaper and every comparing price at both stores is an mbuy price:

6 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    1x Thatchers Katy Medium Dry Somerset Cider (500ml) £1.50 £1.66
    1x Thatchers Vintage Oak Aged Somerset Cider (500ml) £1.50 £1.66
    1x Aspall Organic Suffolk Cider (500ml) £1.50 £1.66
    1x Soave White Boxed Wine (225 cl) £12.38 N/A
    1x Henneys Dry Cider (500ml) £1.50 N/A
    1x Chaplin & Cork's Somerset Reserve Cider (500ml) £1.50 N/A
    1x Orchard Pig Truffler Dry Cider (500ml) £1.50 £1.66
    1x Smirnoff Cider Raspberry & Pomegranate (500ml) £1.50 £1.70
    1x Westons Old Rosie Cloudy Cider (500ml) £1.50 £1.66
    Comparison total (compared products only) £9.00 £10.00
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 06-10-2017 at 1:49 PM.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Oct 17, 2:08 PM
    • 9,795 Posts
    • 109,430 Thanks
    emerald21
    Is anyone else having trouble logging into Clicksnap on the app, please?
    Originally posted by juju17
    No mines ok
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,840Posts Today

9,647Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• This is a good brief summary of the evidence I have to the lords on the problems with our student finance system... https://t.co/LQqggZMlgH

• Follow Martin