Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,309Posts
    • 35,040Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1121
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Oct 17, 11:03 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    One Weetabix instead of two
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Cheers, thats me sorted then
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Oct 17, 11:14 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Why was that man wearing a cap on QT. No respect, pah!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 5th Oct 17, 11:15 PM
    • 5,172 Posts
    • 53,475 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    If I can shave a few mins off my morning routine, I hope to be able to put a tenner in on the way to work.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Or you could go now before bed and be the very first swiper.

It starts at 00.01.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Oct 17, 11:20 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Or you could go now before bed and be the very first swiper.

It starts at 00.01.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Not a 24 hour one.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Oct 17, 11:24 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Oh my, I am shouting at my TV so much!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Oct 17, 11:32 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    AARRGGG!!!! Stupid person does not have a clue what she is going on about!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Oct 17, 11:33 PM
    • 19,953 Posts
    • 256,119 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    As far as I know, APG results are still locked in and that hasn't changed. I have never had a voucher value change on me in over 6 years of using the APG. I have had items that have disappeared offline by the time I've checked my shop and failed to appear on the comp. but never managed to rescue them if they've reappeared online later, they've always stayed off. I have caved in though and claimed the £7 now as I certainly don't want that comp. changing - I don't think anything on it went down further in M on Wednesday - when it is comparing against currently favourable pricing that I didn't know about (not good enough for our shops) that may change. I will check the receipt again at another time and see if the value changes, however I have the voucher for the £7+ amount printed off now. I have not claimed the £4 yet - I don't see that changing and it is less to lose but I will see if the value changes by the time I come to try to claim the voucher (which could be anything up to several months away - probably more a theory) - we certainly should be on Wednesday for a Thursday shop by the time I come to recheck the receipt and try to claim the APG but I think it will remain on Monday due to first checking when Monday's data was still in the system. If the APG isn't updated until Friday (tomorrow) then I would have thought it would remain on Monday for shops done today even if they are first checked up to 28 days' time. As regards already checked receipts from today's shopping, I haven't claimed the £4 - whenever I do, we will be able to see if it changes. I don't think there will be any changes affecting it in M even if Wednesday's data replaced it - I wouldn't have sat on it if I felt it could change unfavourably.

Meanwhile, M has triggered another £3.40 for me. Not really much that compares great, items offsetting ones that give money, but relatively large comparable bills, A cheaper by several pounds but 10% off M still leaves A's comparing items £3.40 more expensive.

1x Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey (70cl) £15.00 £18.00
    2x Shloer Sparkling White Grape Drink (750ml) £2.50 £4.34
    1x Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb and Ginger Liqueur (50cl) £18.00 £18.00
    1x Baileys The Original Irish Cream (1l) £17.00 £20.00

I gain £1.80 from the Edinburgh Gin but lose £1.20 from the JD and £1.00 from the Baileys; overall the three items are a net loss but not too great. The Shloer obviously loses substantially but is made up for elsewhere. Really should not have been bought as it has cost £1.90 off this potential voucher amount.

1x Vitabiotics Wellman 50+ 30 One-a-Day (30pk) £10.00 £8.87

Sadly, the more expensive 6 pack Hot Cross Buns (there appear to be some at 50p in A) are not comparing against M at £1.

1x ASDA Baker's Selection 6 Hot Cross Buns (6pk) £1.00 N/A

I am holding out for a change to £1 vs £1 if I leave this receipt and don't claim the APG now - however I do not think it will change.

Fortunately, the puddings that this website presumably thinks are rude (and I'm not changing that!), even though there is no such thing existing outside of the minds of other human beings, are not comparing against M with M outside of the weight range. Or maybe they have just missed the product in M altogether, in which case I can't argue.

1x ASDA Spotted !!!! Sponge Puddings (2x95g) £1.25 N/A

I feel all naughty now.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-10-2017 at 11:57 PM.
    M lists - post 24450 onwards for now (on page 612).
    Partially expired version from last week with this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout].
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • MKS
    • By MKS 5th Oct 17, 11:43 PM
    • 9,677 Posts
    • 147,938 Thanks
    MKS
    Life is passing by in bit of daze at moment. Sorry I haven't cleared my absence with you TM

And thanks to who mentioned idh@xmas I had completely forgotten free tickets available today. but just managed to get two for the wed in London if anyone fancies meeting up.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Hi, hope that all is good with you. Would love to meet up again at IDS but will have to let you know nearer the time if mobility allows. Got tickets just in case.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 6th Oct 17, 12:01 AM
    • 19,953 Posts
    • 256,119 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    It's 00.01.
    Partially expired version from last week with this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout].
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 6th Oct 17, 12:03 AM
    • 19,953 Posts
    • 256,119 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Phew! That was close - it was actually 00.01 and 56 seconds past - almost lost the time-stamp on my post - I ought to get here more punctually in future!

See you - probably later today.
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 6th Oct 17, 12:31 AM
    • 250 Posts
    • 669 Thanks
    pepper77
    Aww! Bubbs never mind, you'll have it off again for next week xx. You know it happens like that sometimes, did you have warmer clothes on than you had last week xx. You've done brilliantly so far, I know how disappointed you must feel, when your on SW I truely feel your pain Xx. But just think how much you have lost, this is just one week one weigh n xx there's always next week your doing soooo well xx
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    I expect so.
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 6th Oct 17, 5:53 AM
    • 4,190 Posts
    • 44,865 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Friday.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Oct 17, 6:33 AM
    • 5,172 Posts
    • 53,475 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Oct 17, 6:35 AM
    • 5,172 Posts
    • 53,475 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Today is National Badger Day.

• gocat
    • By gocat 6th Oct 17, 6:44 AM
    • 4,933 Posts
    • 54,301 Thanks
    gocat
    Good morning all

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Morning
    Awww those badgers are so cute and sweet. But I'll never forget when a friend lived in a ground floor flat backing onto farmland and this big badger came running up to her back door. Scared me witless. Apparently it use to come to her door regularly as she put food out for them
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 6th Oct 17, 7:05 AM
    • 3,516 Posts
    • 18,184 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful
    People
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Oct 17, 7:16 AM
    • 1,957 Posts
    • 20,733 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Last FFF at El Colonel.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Oct 17, 7:32 AM
    • 34,112 Posts
    • 450,772 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Meant to mention last night.

Satsumas...labelled on packaging at £1 were going through till at £1.25.

Might be worth a try .....gift card opportunity
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Oct 17, 7:33 AM
    • 34,112 Posts
    • 450,772 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good luck with the bonus points at Sains today

Hope we have some big winners
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Oct 17, 7:37 AM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,233 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all. Well, up extra early
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,874Posts Today

6,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin