Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,300Posts
    • 35,015Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1117
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 5th Oct 17, 3:55 PM
    • 3,750 Posts
    • 48,328 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Anything will do to lighten my mood after the disaster of my holiday coach people doing what now looks like a planned 'runner' and leaving us all in the lurch. If I could get my hands on the owner he would be speaking in a very high, squeeky voice after I'd finished with him !
    Originally posted by tbw
    Oh I do so feel for you You were so supportive and worried about them initially They have been very cruel Will they be taken to court do you think

Take care
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48
    • pawlala
    • By pawlala 5th Oct 17, 3:57 PM
    • 1,212 Posts
    • 3,224 Thanks
    pawlala
    I got ideal home tickets today, never been before so excited. Is it worth getting excited about.. anyone been?
    Mortgage free: New Year's Eve 2013!
    Mortgage free II: Est. Dec 2019
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 5th Oct 17, 4:04 PM
    • 16,724 Posts
    • 194,464 Thanks
    mhoc
    Another scam number to put on your blocked lists

They call themselves Home Appliance support and want £99 over the phone to renew your fridge and freezer insurance The lady that called me had a south London accent and was in the middle of another conversation "about throwing it all away" - I think I surprised her by answering the phone so promptly

This one sounds so plausible someone vunerable or elderly and confused could easily be tricked into handing over their card details
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 5th Oct 17, 4:53 PM
    • 14,520 Posts
    • 243,966 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Fingers crossed a Lost Cat post on FB has been found with a Found Cat post - I'm trying to marry them together but they are posted on different Groups

Oh & my friend has a baby boy last night.... I'll have to exchange the floral clothing
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• redfox
    • By redfox 5th Oct 17, 4:54 PM
    • 12,300 Posts
    • 35,015 Thanks
    redfox
    Affiliate links are not permitted on MSE at all.

tpwl66, your post containing an affiliate link has been removed.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 5th Oct 17, 4:57 PM
    • 5,154 Posts
    • 53,294 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Doing well for freebies this week.

Free Lindt bar at T's, one per customer, given on leaving the store by a product demonstrator.

Free buffet lunch, chocs, toffees and biscuits at work earlier this week, plus a large bag of Maltesers to take home.

50p tillspit off chocs at Co-op, so I got box of Maltesers for 50p. Paid for those, got another tillspit for 50p off bakery, so I got a large Farmhouse loaf for 29p plus another 3p went on my Co-op card balance.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 5th Oct 17, 5:24 PM
    • 5,154 Posts
    • 53,294 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I got ideal home tickets today, never been before so excited. Is it worth getting excited about.. anyone been?
    Originally posted by pawlala
    Not since 6th Form, so we're talking early 70s here

For some strange reason, school took us all, by train, apart from tired feet all I can remember is eating and drinking our way through loads of freebies on the long journey home.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 5th Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 9,183 Posts
    • 57,631 Thanks
    LEJC
    Originally posted by pawlala
    Did you buy them or were they freebies....I think a group of the elite go to something like this every year....but I might have the wrong event.

They usually manage to hunt down some freebies and good train deals to arrange a meet up either north or south.
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • tbw
    • By tbw 5th Oct 17, 5:52 PM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    Oh I do so feel for you You were so supportive and worried about them initially They have been very cruel Will they be taken to court do you think

Take care
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    They might be - but that depends on them being traced as, at the moment, they have vanished into a back hole. I still can't believe what has happened and am still of the opinion that if they had not been slated in the media so quickly they might just have managed to salvage the company. However, all sorts of stuff is now coming to light - they started up in 2011, closed down in 2013 and then resurfaced under a slightly different name in 2016. What I can't find out is what happened between 2013 and 2016 - they were certainly an active organisation during that time as DH and I (and loads of others) had several trips a year with them. The name changes were so slight that none of us realised what was going on.

They certainly haven't filed for bankruptcy and are still shown on the Companies register as 'active'. I suppose that means that their assets are still available and not 'frozen'. They are a private limited company so I think that means their personal stuff is all exempt anyway. What is really hacking me off is that he SAID we were all protected under the Package Tour Regs 1992 - and we clearly were not. To my mind the holidays were sold under false pretences.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Oct 17, 5:57 PM
    • 19,897 Posts
    • 255,802 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I have gone back to one of the Ms I visited yesterday. I have had a look at the baking items and I have been defeated. I have concluded it would be impossible to obtain details of every one of them without spending the rest of the day in the store, at least not without having them (the branded items from T's 20% off) in some logical order. I think the 'easiest' way would be to take a photograph of the entire shelving and then marry it all up later. Even then it would have to be detailed enough to show every SEL clearly and fully. I found Peppa Pig Muddy Cupcake Mix that I remembered being in T's offer (the only Peppa Pig in it) - I have 225g from T's website but the one I have seen in M says 195g. It's not even a simple see the right product. Otherwise, I would need to write down every branded product and its price that is on the entire shelving in my M and then later see which ones I have from t.com. It would be 'easier' to take the whole lot, even those that are not in T, and then check to see which are in T's offer rather than trying to find which items within T's offer are on the shelf in M - I am not going to spend the time even attempting that however and even then I might not find everything as my M has an incomplete range.

The vast majority of items on this shelving in M are regular full price anyway at the moment and not on offer. The only ones I can see on offer are McDougalls Plain Flour 1.25Kg and McDougalls Self-Raising Flour 1.25Kg at £1 (this specific Self Raising flour is in T's offer) and Lyle's Golden Syrup 454g at £1. The Whitworths products, such that M has them, are £2 and 2 for £3 - they may or may not be the same as the ones in T and in any event, even if took details, I would still not have all of them as my M does not have the full range that M has. The Oetker Spotty Numbers are £1.05 each (I do not seem to have number 2). The Crocker mixes are £2.50, some have names that are the same as ones in T's offer but I have not taken details of what my M has there and the weights may or may not be the same. I have the Oetker Gelatine Sachet 3x12g at £1.15 in M and Ready Roll White Icing 1Kg at £2.85. Crazy Jack Dessicated Coconut 200g is £1.97 on my M SEL. I don't think the Cadbury product I have is the right Cocoa Powder. I have a couple of Oetker Ready Roll Icing products but gave up when trying to find whether they were the right weights in T. I think the Fairy Princess 4 Cell 77g, if it is the right one, is £1.96 in M. I can't see the Robertson's Traditional Mincemeat in my M - I have another Mincemeat of the same weight but I think the Robertson's one went on clearance in M around early spring this year which is no good (even if it were on clearance now, it would/should not be matched by TBG). That's the best I can do.

Meanwhile, having given up on the baking items, I now have the Bold 1.2L bottles showing £2.77 in my M, which is the one where they were showing £3 yesterday. I now think that they are £2.77 today. I had £2.77 yesterday elsewhere, but I do not know whether that indication was premature and whether they went on £2.77 yesterday or have gone on that today. It may have missed price collection day for A if so, and may get £3 if that was yesterday's price and generally showing at that in the collection stores. However, it seems more likely that it went on offer yesterday as offers now often begin on Wednesdays in M and this store may not have changed its SELs immediately. So, they may return £3 or £2.77 on the APG once updated (or may even return different pricing if they have a store with inconsistent pricing within itself for example) - it's certainly pot luck if you went by my stores.

I think they are £2.77 now, and I think have clearly gone from £3 to £2.77 but I cannot be certain that they did that on Wednesday.

Despite being in the same store as yesterday afternoon, I have an additional item that I didn't have yesterday - it has clearly been brought out today (or yesterday evening after my visit) as it was definitely not there when I was yesterday and things are moved around every day in stores. It's one of the 500ml ales - Wychwood Fire Cracker on 98p.

EDIT: Just to add intrigue, the Bold 24s (1.2L) are now showing full price £5.97 on m.com but yesterday's m.com information of £3 on msm. I think they are the £2.77 that I have on the shelf for all three of them in my store today. I think they are clearly on offer as at yesterday's standing point, whether it is £2.77 or £3, as I had offer pricing, of some kind, in my stores yesterday (such as I looked at it).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-10-2017 at 6:08 PM.
    M list - posts 22772-3 (page 570 on 40 posts).
    Buy in M/Tvs M - post 22982 (page 575 on 40 posts).
    SP list - now page 548, posts 21900-21903.
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 5th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 16,724 Posts
    • 194,464 Thanks
    mhoc
    Good grief - Eldest child is expecting us to get on the Northern Line and get ourselves to Charing Cross - on our own without her guiding us through so neither of us (OK me really) goes into meltdown.

Yes its only 6 stops, I can manage that bit, actually being on the tube but its the getting ourselves onto a Northern Line platform facing the right direction from Euston

Not keen on escalators and hate the winding passageways and everyone running hell bent to get where they need to be
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • shogun 777
    • By shogun 777 5th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 4,219 Thanks
    shogun 777
    Well if they compare you might get one for £2.25

£5 in A
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Cadburys Retro do not show on the apg even though they are on A website just in case anyone was looking to do an AvT

On a brighter note I found a glitch
    1 oykos greek style strawberry yougurt ( 4 x 110g )
    1 oykos greek style pina coco yogurt ( 4 x 110g )
    2 for £3.00 in A

apg shows £2.30 v £1.25 strawberry
    "2.30 v £1.25 pina coco
    apg for £2.10 plus 10% difference works out roughly 2 packs for 65phth someone AvT shop
    Last edited by shogun 777; 05-10-2017 at 9:57 PM.
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 5th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 577 Thanks
    pepper77
    Thanks to 3Dogs for updating guide on page one.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Oct 17, 6:45 PM
    • 51,120 Posts
    • 585,051 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Well i have let you all down +1lb on dont even know why
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-3 st 11 lb week 28
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Oct 17, 6:50 PM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 54,246 Thanks
    gocat
    These do not show on the apg even though they are on A website just in case anyone was looking to do an AvT

On a brighter note I found a glitch
    1 oykos greek style strawberry yougurt ( 4 x 110g )
    1 oykos greek style pina coco yogurt ( 4 x 110g )
    2 for £3.00 in A

apg shows £2.30 v £1.25 strawberry
    "2.30 v £1.25 pina coco
    apg for £2.10 plus 10% difference works out roughly 2 packs for 65p
    hth someone AvT shop
    Originally posted by shogun 777
    Looks good.
    Wonder how many syns

eta found out its 6 syns each
    Last edited by gocat; 05-10-2017 at 6:59 PM.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Oct 17, 6:51 PM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 54,246 Thanks
    gocat
    Evening all
    Well i have let you all down +1lb on dont even know why
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Have you been eating the fat on the meat again
    Gain is bound to happen on the odd week and its only a tiny gain. Could just
    be a bit of water retention this week and a whooosh next week
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    • 51,120 Posts
    • 585,051 Thanks
    bubbs
    Have you been eating the fat on the meat again
    Gain is bound to happen on the odd week and its only a tiny gain. Could just
    be a bit of water retention this week and a whooosh next week
    Originally posted by gocat
    No not had any this week, perhaps thats what it is I am on holiday next week
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 54,246 Thanks
    gocat
    No not had any this week, perhaps thats what it is I am on holiday next week
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Well now you know. Can have lots of fatty meat takeaways next week . Enjoy your hols.
    Im away next week too , to Somerset for 5 days
    • Anon
    • By Anon 5th Oct 17, 6:59 PM
    • 12,185 Posts
    • 133,062 Thanks
    Anon
    New £1 FVF 3bay offer - you need to list between 7 October 16.00 and 9 October 23.59 if you are eligible (click the link and login - it will soon tell you if you aren't ):

http://www.rsvp.ebay.co.uk/rsvp/signup/3286

Courtesy of https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1-ebay-final-value-fees-fvf-on-up-to-100-items-7-9-october-selected-accounts-2807135

HTH

Anon
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Oct 17, 7:06 PM
    • 51,120 Posts
    • 585,051 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well now you know. Can have lots of fatty meat takeaways next week . Enjoy your hols.
    Im away next week too , to Somerset for 5 days
    Originally posted by gocat
    Thanks

Enjoy yours too, we are going Yorkshire Sat for a week
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,840Posts Today

9,647Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• This is a good brief summary of the evidence I have to the lords on the problems with our student finance system... https://t.co/LQqggZMlgH

• Follow Martin