Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,303Posts
    • 35,026Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1114
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 5th Oct 17, 6:01 AM
    • 3,515 Posts
    • 18,160 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 5th Oct 17, 6:30 AM
    • 2,943 Posts
    • 44,436 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning, getting closer to the weekend
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 5th Oct 17, 6:49 AM
    • 4,189 Posts
    • 44,855 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Thursday.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 5th Oct 17, 7:14 AM
    • 5,588 Posts
    • 68,392 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all, woken up with a blinding headache
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 5th Oct 17, 7:29 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 48,409 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Nice morning so far and don't know where the week has gone

I do love Christmas but we got emails yesterday about our sneaky Santa and Christmas lunch I do not like the lunch but feel obliged to go I am so anti social with certain works staff Its not them it is me They all want more, only value new stuff, better this and that and would scoff at my money saving ways which I love They cant all be wrong can they?

My mantra will need to be "its only a few hours"

Catch up at lunch time and enjoy your day
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48 Week 3 £28.60
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Oct 17, 8:34 AM
    • 34,088 Posts
    • 450,648 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning all

I do love Christmas but we got emails yesterday about our sneaky Santa and Christmas lunch I do not like the lunch but feel obliged to go I am so anti social with certain works staff Its not them it is me They all want more, only value new stuff, better this and that and would scoff at my money saving ways which I love They cant all be wrong can they?

My mantra will need to be "its only a few hours"

Catch up at lunch time and enjoy your day
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    I so identify with this mrsmac. But maybe it's inevitable when you work with a large number of people. There always some that drive you bonkers. I gravitate to the like minded ones which keeps me sane.

Christmas lunch will only last a few hours as you say......
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 5th Oct 17, 8:40 AM
    • 5,166 Posts
    • 53,419 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 5th Oct 17, 8:42 AM
    • 5,166 Posts
    • 53,419 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    MnS

£5 off dresses on mine
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    • 34,088 Posts
    • 450,648 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I am sorry if I seem, at least at times, to be praising myself, looking after myself and criticising other people's buying choices. I don't mean anything by it, however I think that some (a minority) of my posts may be read that way. I do care about you though, even if not expressly stated every time and clearly have thought about it as I have been thinking about this and now decided to post what I've been thinking - my aim is to get us all shopping even better.

A strive for perfection - that I know I never achieve.

Regards to all!
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Oh I filled up reading this...I care about you too savvy.....I worried so when you went missing .....

Just finished a Singapore FaceTime....now I'm out the door

Hope scampi is ok
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 5th Oct 17, 9:16 AM
    • 3,150 Posts
    • 44,746 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Morning luvlies, bright and sunny here today

Anyone need a Thomas toddler bed? Thanks to bargain hunters on fb

https://www.tesco.com/direct/thomas-toddler-bed-frame/191-9422.prd?skuId=191-9422

Hope everyone has a good day x
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • altojack
    • By altojack 5th Oct 17, 9:24 AM
    • 9,154 Posts
    • 122,335 Thanks
    altojack
    Has anyone heard from Scamps today please? I last saw him at 12.38am locked himself out of his house Hope he got back in or found somewhere to sleep for a few hours xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 159
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • sirbaksiu
    • By sirbaksiu 5th Oct 17, 9:25 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 618 Thanks
    sirbaksiu
    good morning.
    could anybody tell me if there's a way of topping up christmas saving card with APGs?
    • MKS
    • By MKS 5th Oct 17, 9:28 AM
    • 9,677 Posts
    • 147,938 Thanks
    MKS
    chocs, yum yum
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Chocs, no, no.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 5th Oct 17, 9:41 AM
    • 9,202 Posts
    • 57,714 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all...

I still have the leftovers of yesterdays migraine....I initially thought it was a one off but it seems that this morning OH has woken up with what he calls "the headache from hell"

...and now I see poor HG may have one too.....I wonder if there is something going around....

Who else went to the cinema screening last night and was treated to minstrels and a bottle of water by their seat....nice touch from cineworld and AMEX

I remember we went to the preview of "a united Kingdom " last year and had to sit through the film awards bit beforehand too...I'm sure it was the same presenter and she used possibly almost the exact opening sequence to describe last night film as last year.

Still doing well with frugal O ....last night tea was cheeses and ham toasties as we were going out and popcorn in the cinema that I got from T sometime previously.

Today may well be a NSD too as tonight I have found some kind of ready meal for 2 in the freezer so plan to bulk that out with a couple of roast potatoes and some veg that needs using up.

Once I have a little more room in the freezer I could go and get free pizza with the vouchers for sometime later in the month.....it says on the voucher that its to a max of£3 per pizza...can anyone confirm if the true price is entered or the till automatically takes off £3 creating an overage if you find the pizza's at half price?

Have a lovely day all....a bit of a gentle one here again I think.
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 5th Oct 17, 9:42 AM
    • 2,489 Posts
    • 37,718 Thanks
    wendyak
    Good morning all

My mantra will need to be "its only a few hours"Catch up at lunch time and enjoy your day

I felt just like this in the office I worked in and often a snide remark would be thrown my way about not spending and the like. When I actually got to speak to one privately she said they were all secretly envious and didn't follow our mantra through laziness or fear of ridicule although I always did feel like a square peg if you know what I mean xxxx
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 5th Oct 17, 9:49 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 48,409 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I am sorry if I seem, at least at times, to be praising myself, looking after myself and criticising other people's buying choices. I don't mean anything by it, however I think that some (a minority) of my posts may be read that way. I do care about you though, even if not expressly stated every time and clearly have thought about it as I have been thinking about this and now decided to post what I've been thinking - my aim is to get us all shopping even better.

A strive for perfection - that I know I never achieve.

Regards to all!
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer

Savvy We love and accept you as you are I missed your posts when you were away sometimes I just skim read them though as I do with others

Its hard being slightly different as you have said before but if we were all the same it would be very boring I doubt anyone thinks you were criticising merely pointing out there are money savings to be made but it wasn't for muggles there would be no worthwhile wombles

Many of have said we made shopping mistakes and were jokingly handing back our badges I would miss the thrill of the chase for a bargain now and wish I had found you all sooner

Take care
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48 Week 3 £28.60
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 5th Oct 17, 9:55 AM
    • 3,515 Posts
    • 18,160 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning all...

I still have the leftovers of yesterdays migraine....I initially thought it was a one off but it seems that this morning OH has woken up with what he calls "the headache from hell"

...and now I see poor HG may have one too.....I wonder if there is something going around....

Who else went to the cinema screening last night and was treated to minstrels and a bottle of water by their seat....nice touch from cineworld and AMEX

I remember we went to the preview of "a united Kingdom " last year and had to sit through the film awards bit beforehand too...I'm sure it was the same presenter and she used possibly almost the exact opening sequence to describe last night film as last year.

Still doing well with frugal O ....last night tea was cheeses and ham toasties as we were going out and popcorn in the cinema that I got from T sometime previously.

Today may well be a NSD too as tonight I have found some kind of ready meal for 2 in the freezer so plan to bulk that out with a couple of roast potatoes and some veg that needs using up.

Once I have a little more room in the freezer I could go and get free pizza with the vouchers for sometime later in the month.....it says on the voucher that its to a max of£3 per pizza...can anyone confirm if the true price is entered or the till automatically takes off £3 creating an overage if you find the pizza's at half price?

Have a lovely day all....a bit of a gentle one here again I think.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    I went last night too, took the family. Youngest daughter decided she did not want the free family bag of minsterals - i sent her straight back and made her take them brilliant film , lovely free refreshments. Most traumatic part was the scene of the german iron lung unit was horrific.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 5th Oct 17, 10:08 AM
    • 9,202 Posts
    • 57,714 Thanks
    LEJC
    I went last night too, took the family. Youngest daughter decided she did not want the free family bag of minsterals - i sent her straight back and made her take them brilliant film , lovely free refreshments. Most traumatic part was the scene of the german iron lung unit was horrific.
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    I have to admit I quite like 12A film....It tends to have a story to it with minimal swearing and isn't too graphic,more implied rather than showing things in too much detail.

Once you get on to a 15 film nowadays it's usually got a little too many expletives and an 18 just seems to be as much blood guts and gore that they can get away with....I'm sure it's a sign of the times rather than me "becoming a prude" but I think films were a lot gentler 20 years ago.
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    • 19,919 Posts
    • 256,008 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Savvy We love and accept you as you are I missed your posts when you were away sometimes I just skim read them though as I do with others

Its hard being slightly different as you have said before but if we were all the same it would be very boring I doubt anyone thinks you were criticising merely pointing out there are money savings to be made but it wasn't for muggles there would be no worthwhile wombles

Many of have said we made shopping mistakes and were jokingly handing back our badges I would miss the thrill of the chase for a bargain now and wish I had found you all sooner

Take care
    I'm just wondering what people are trying to say by thanking me eleven times to my post to which you've responded but only twice to my wonderful post from Morries.
    M lists - post 24450 onwards for now (on page 612).
    Partially expired version from last week with this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout].
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 5th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 3,515 Posts
    • 18,160 Thanks
    mrs lds
    I have to admit I quite like 12A film....It tends to have a story to it with minimal swearing and isn't too graphic,more implied rather than showing things in too much detail.

Once you get on to a 15 film nowadays it's usually got a little too many expletives and an 18 just seems to be as much blood guts and gore that they can get away with....I'm sure it's a sign of the times rather than me "becoming a prude" but I think films were a lot gentler 20 years ago.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Yes totally agreed too much nudity and profanity. A story of true love and strength.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,219Posts Today

7,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin