Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,311Posts
    • 35,047Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1113
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 4th Oct 17, 10:34 PM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,187 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening luvlies

Been skimming the last few weeks, we are now back in our house but it's not finished

Anyway, don't think I've seen this mentioned, you can now, if you wish, turn nectar points into egift cards. May be handy to know with the swipe and win round the corner and you don't want to wait until double up. Thanks to hukd

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nectar-e-gift-cards-now-available-turn-points-into-egift-cards-2805901
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Good evening

Is Stanley Boy settling in nicely?

Lovely to see you
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 4th Oct 17, 10:38 PM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,187 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thousands of prizes including thousands of vouchers for free chocolate bars

Cadbury Stadium Competition.

Enter codes on back of chocolate bars.

Twirls this week

https://stadium.cadburyfc.com/
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 195,184 Thanks
    mhoc
    There is a Debenhams in Wrexham but it depends if these Debenhams have a rituals counter doesn t it ? Oh God I don’t think I fancy that trip to Liverpool . Was thinking of going on Friday and get the free drink from Hotel chocolate but don’t know if it includes the hot chocolate . Don’t think ive heard of Liverpool parkway . It isn t on the usual route from Chester is it.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Liverpool parkway is the airport station - or thereabours - there is a bus connection.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 4th Oct 17, 10:43 PM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,187 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Anyone collecting Jurys Inn points?

New rewards programme

http://jurysinn-news.com/3VQX-9TTQ-FE1FT7K0BB/cr.aspx

I'm halfway to a bottle of Prosecco
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Oct 17, 10:52 PM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    There are some really good items at 50p in M according to the "Savvy Buys" currently on msm. For example, M Pineapple, Melon, Kiwi & Mango (280g) - healthy food at last - M Grape, Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry (240g). The sorts of items I would like to buy in fact I do not have in my store.

I think there are four salad-type items on msm in M at 50p. None of which are in my store, but I am culling information from any source, and I have one that isn't online - M Rocket Salad (290g) which is actually better weight it seems than M Babyleaf & Rocket (2x60g) that is on msm. So I have gone one better, maybe, but perhaps there are other salad items that I don't know about.

There are some kitchen and stationery clearance items, only some of which I am regarding as good enough. Taking them in reverse, I have got the M Mini Highlighers 4 pack at 35p. I do not know if there are any Savers Forks in M. I have Savers Knives 4 pack at 40p but no Savers Forks anywhere and I want forks. It may be that they were in various Ms before but were got rid of a while back or ended up at some rare store and may possibly be on clearance at the same price. However I have been unable to find any forks anywhere - I just have knives all over the place, which is no good as I have plenty of knives in my cutlery here at home but could do with some forks. It could be that M no longer has Savers Forks or they could be somewhere, possibly at 40p RTC.

There are loads more items. I am putting Medium Cauliflower into the Sweet Potatoes 1Kg mbuy offer.

The McVities Nibbles pouches are still on 50p - I notice they are showing that online now - but the McVities Snack Bars are now 87p. I think either the Savers Apple Sauce or the Savers Mint Sauce has gone up in price slightly as I now have each of them at 27p. I think one of those may have been 23p yesterday; I will need to check my SP list and confirm which it is. I have single Pot Noodles going to 50p in M - I am pleased that they seem to have shifted from 50p in A and it looks like some, unfortunately, have not gone up nearly enough (seems there are some at 75p) but some of them look to be £1 according to what I'm seeing on msm.

I have got Remington Nose Ear Trimmer NE3150 showing me £5 RTC and Ladies Foil Shaver WD4815C showing £7 RTC. I've got all sorts of items all over the place.

I am close to concluding the 8x200 Fruit Shoot drinks, at least some of which were £1.50 towards the end of last week, have gone up to £2, although I have full price SEL in one place. They aren't out at the front showing £1.50 anymore in the store where I saw them at that before - they are now back on the shelf at £2 offer SEL. I have an offer label of the Robinsons 1L showing 2 for £1.50 - however they are showing straight £1 online. I only have £1 SELs in the aisles and no indication of any offer, and I have managed to visit more than one store. I don't think this offer, if it exists, is going to work on the APG. It might, if they have it in several stores, and I can never say something "won't work" as we never know, but I have straight £1 showing to me on aisle SELs everywhere.

I actually managed, unbelievably, to visit three stores. A member of my family, who doesn't drive, forgot to take something with them this morning despite me leaving notes all over the place telling them to do so - so they had to get me out, with the car, to take it to them. I wasn't even going to use the car today as trying to save on that as well as get the six miles of walking that someone my age should be doing each week. There obviously wasn't time for me to walk to them and come back and do things so I had to shortcut it with the car and then stopped at the M near to where they were on my way back. I got back mid-morning and walked to my nearest M in the early afternoon for a few more as theirs was only a smaller M (which I knew I would get things I didn't have from my bigger store and sure enough I have!). I have managed to do another walk, tonight, to my next-nearest M, where I had a list of what I wanted to see but still managed to forget to look at the Bold 1.2L. I have them at £2.77 offer label in one store but we are going with £3 as that's what I had at my second and what is showing on m.com. Even if they are £3, if the APG in due course picks that up, it will mean better than £2.77 on the assumption that you could (via CS) get that in the one M where they are showing that (or maybe still showing that - I think the products may have gone from £2.77 yesterday to £3 today but not shown at £2.77 in any store I have seen them in before).

As far as they are there at all, they are actually showing £5.97 on msm and it looks like they have shot up from £3.50 to that price in the last day or so. I do not believe the £3.50 price - I think this means the previous price was really lower than what it says. (I've seen £1 Shredded Wheat go off offer before and msm's graph then show them going from £1.50 to their high price.) I think they may be showing £5.97 for about a day in order to show £5.97 online and then show them as going on an offer of was £5.97 now £3. I think they may have been £2.77 even though I haven't seen a SEL of that before today and have, again if so, gone up from £2.77 to £3. £2.77 is their low. They have done this once before, several months, possibly 18 months, ago when they were £2.77 offer and next time I saw them it was £3 offer. They may have done the same again or may only have gone down to £3 but, I think whatever the situation, £3 is (probably) what they are now.

Much much more to appear later. I am doing rather well actually - managing to find what I can. I have New Amsterdam Vodka (1L) going to £15, as the only bottled drinks offer of around that level, in one of my stores - I see it is showing online but this has helped me quickly identify it - how would I know to look for vodka on there? - and it is available at A at £16. However it has only gone on offer today (judging by msm still having full price as the time of posting) so it will need a separate price update in the APG first.

I have McCain Nacho Cheese Ridge Wedges (750g) 75p RTC and Birds Eye Cous Cous Mediterranean Penne Vegetables (360g) at £1 RTC. Need to do what were my usual checks to see if they are available in A.

I will try to add to the SP list and do the updates to the mini M list - I keep going out for a couple of hours during the day and then coming back, so this does get delayed and I will keep doing it on and off as soon as I can. Ward 9cm Grow Saucer 5 pack 15p RTC. Alright, more later - it will appear on lists, slows me down and not as good to write them in posts like this as I am then just writing every item out twice.

See you again soon, I am here on and off with it. It was third time, no luck, on the forks as, after finding the knives in the first store I visited at 40p RTC SEL, I just had knives everywhere. I went through the boxes, looking for some forks but none anywhere and none at the back - again, all knives. There are also some Dessert Spoons although I think they might have been 75p (according to what the label said).

EDIT: Oh. Haribo Strawbs are off btw - as expected no longer 50p offer, it ended yesterday, they are now 77p I believe. And Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake biscuits gone from 50p to £1.04 full price. Expect them to lose on the APG fairly soon, sadly as they are 50p in A but full price showing everywhere else. Dwarf Beans appear to have gone up (I mean the bigger pack that isn't showing online) - Runner Beans may have done the same, I don't have any trace anywhere now but I am assuming they have done so. This may not be the case however - if there is older stock around with price marked on label on it. Broad Beans 500g fresh pack - appear to have gone up on the SEL but I have stock with £1 label on it. It may be in the process towards going up, or that may be a misdirection again. The actual situation will be clear and immediately obvious in some M. It is me and just the things I am having to imply or suspect from my stores. I have 500g frozen broad beans at 2 for £1.50 now (whether or not they were before? - used a different store). I thought Aldi might be cheaper, I think I actually thinking of Green Beans 1kg at 85p - and then switched to Heron Foods 600g at 2 for £1 as that turned out to be slightly cheaper still (by between 1-2p weight adjusted). Things I haven't mentioned regarding M, in general they haven't changed.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-10-2017 at 11:17 PM.
    M lists - post 24450+ for now (page 612).
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    My ref.: previously page 535 (21371).
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 4th Oct 17, 10:53 PM
    • 14,611 Posts
    • 226,800 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Have you tried Brockmans Gin? It's my current favourite.

I'm restricting myself to one bottle a night DM
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I got the £17 beefy gin in Morrisons tonight with £4 cos cb.
    Numpty I am. Got to the car. Photoed receipt then realised it was the box of Amstel I was after. So went back In and exchanged it.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 4th Oct 17, 10:57 PM
    • 3,150 Posts
    • 44,746 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Good evening

Is Stanley Boy settling in nicely?

Lovely to see you
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Evening TM, nice to be home and yes Stanley Boy is loving life, have hardly seen the goings of him as he's been out and about so much bless him. Probably hooking up with his old friends. So glad he's away from the bully boy at the bungalow we were staying at, lost count of how many times he came in from a scuffle.

Hope you get Oz's flea problem sorted, so hard to see their dirt in dark fur. I'm another one who swears by Stronghold. BTW, don't forget to treat the house. Our vet recommended a spray for carpets etc, but found it cheaper from Amazon, it arrived the next day too.
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 4th Oct 17, 10:58 PM
    • 3,150 Posts
    • 44,746 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Just posted on hukd, stacking codes for an Iceland shop

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/iceland-stacking-codes-saving-19-min-on-40-spend-inc-delivery-2806623
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Oct 17, 11:29 PM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Asda shop this afternoon for toothpaste. Was aiming to compare to M's but it compared better with T's

8 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x ASDA Fizzy Cola Bottles (50g) £0.25 N/A
    1x Colgate Total Healthy Clean Toothpaste (75ml) £2.00 £1.50
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Salted Butter (250g) £1.45 £1.45
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sparkling Spring Water (2l) £0.17 £0.17
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    2x Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste (75ml) £4.00 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £7.92 £6.42
    +£1.50 cheaper

V M

1x Colgate Total Healthy Clean Toothpaste (75ml) £2.00 £2.00
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Salted Butter (250g) £1.45 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sparkling Spring Water (2l) £0.17 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £6.40 £5.40
    +£1.00 cheaper
    Originally posted by Marmiter
    Where's that big red cross I used to have ages ago?
    Are they doing you out because M's says "British"? However, I notice the picture on a.com shows that as British too although it's not in the description.

Salted Butter prices do seem to have gone up a great deal compared to what we were getting a few years ago. The Savers Butter in M is now nearly as expensive as the standard range - which is why I noticed that the standard butter is £1.40 in M.

They have got Swizzels Lemon Flavour that I haven't got. I will add it to what I have though, as I can take it from anywhere. I do have limited time to spend in stores these days, if I can spend any time at all, so I am not as comprehensive as I used to try to be. I am just at a period where I need M prices for my own shopping at the moment - and seem to be doing things as satisfactorily as I can. I think I did have Colgate Healthy Clean last week somewhere but it seems to be £2 and any 2 for £3, whatever it was before, it may have been the same as it says now, it may have not been - fwiw I will see what I had when I come across it - it will be ages away unfortunately (not a main item collected today) and sorry not to be of any help on it.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-10-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Oct 17, 11:39 PM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Ah, yeah. Kinder egg (it was such a long time ago this morning!) is 2 for £1 (at least according to SEL) in M. It is in mix and match with Milkybar 25g, Milkybar Buttons 20g, Smarties Hexatube single, Milkyway Twin 43g and Kinder Chocolate 50g. So I took more than a glimpse - it was a long look.

None of it any good IMO - these small bags may be a way of giving less product. For example, Milkybar Buttons tube, at 100g, is £1, so 2 for the same price with two smaller bags that are each nowhere near half of this? (I expect the tube sometimes goes to 2 for £1.50 somewhere - and, of course, after the season, is available for 50p.)

Anyway, goodnight for now.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-10-2017 at 11:47 PM.
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 4th Oct 17, 11:42 PM
    • 3,519 Posts
    • 18,209 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Asda shop this afternoon for toothpaste. Was aiming to compare to M's but it compared better with T's

+£1.50 cheaper

V M

+£1.00 cheaper
    Thank you how much would the colgate each work out? Tia.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Oct 17, 12:02 AM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I am sorry if I seem, at least at times, to be praising myself, looking after myself and criticising other people's buying choices. I don't mean anything by it, however I think that some (a minority) of my posts may be read that way. I do care about you though, even if not expressly stated every time and clearly have thought about it as I have been thinking about this and now decided to post what I've been thinking - my aim is to get us all shopping even better.

A strive for perfection - that I know I never achieve.

Regards to all!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Oct 17, 12:06 AM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer

+£1.50 cheaper

V M

+£1.00 cheaper
    Actually this shop, if it was aiming for £1.50 competitor price - M appear to be 2 for £3 but T are individual £1.50 therefore works with an odd number - has only lost a few pence as it's picked up the butter vs T and thus still got it cheaper than buying M's product straight in M. And it's got insignificant 10% on the water.

I thought it might be aimed at Colgate at £1 - if it was aimed at £1.50 though, then it's not done too bad and I notice it was involving a 3 for 2!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Oct 17, 12:08 AM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Thank you how much would the colgate each work out? Tia.
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    Pay £4 but get £6 vs £1.50x3. £6 vs £4.50 = £1.50+45p = £1.95.
    £4 - £1.95 = £2.05 divided by 3 = 68 and a third pence. If my sums are right. And assuming it is on the 3 for 2 that the comp. seems to me to suggest it is.
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 5th Oct 17, 12:38 AM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 93,466 Thanks
    scamps1966
    AAArRGHH, Ive locked myself out of my house!!
    • altojack
    • By altojack 5th Oct 17, 2:41 AM
    • 9,161 Posts
    • 122,428 Thanks
    altojack
    Pah, missed another Argoos test things. Keep missing them.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I missed one timed at 9.02am this morning arghhhh

Me too, got an email after 12, thought great, but nothing available when I checked before 1.00
    Originally posted by Saversue
    I missed 2 last week a 3rd one had health items, bands for around the wrists, are they heart monitors or something medical, several sets of posh scales and can't remember the rest. I didn't want anything from there though. I will await the next one
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 159
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 5th Oct 17, 2:43 AM
    • 9,161 Posts
    • 122,428 Thanks
    altojack
    AAArRGHH, Ive locked myself out of my house!!
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Bloody hell scamps, how did you do that? More to the point were you drunk? So what happened, where did you end up sleeping or did you get in somehow?

Out 159
    • altojack
    • By altojack 5th Oct 17, 2:50 AM
    • 9,161 Posts
    • 122,428 Thanks
    altojack
    A sonic boom on Wednesday morning shook our house, no doubt hundreds of others too, wow the nurse

Now we have roaring wind and it's woken me up, can't get back to sleep, think I'll go get a drink and read for a while.

Out 159
    • MKS
    • By MKS 5th Oct 17, 3:56 AM
    • 9,677 Posts
    • 147,938 Thanks
    MKS
    Good morning AJ and everyone else.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 5th Oct 17, 5:54 AM
    • 9,161 Posts
    • 122,428 Thanks
    altojack
    Good morning MKS, wind still howling here

Good morning Elite

Rough night last night, not much sleep to be had. I wonder where Scamps slept?

I had to go to hospital yesterday for some tests, on the way there we stopped at Mr A in Ipswich for a couple of packs of Amstel for cs and cos. No sign of the packs with the free glass, oh well. Got both lots of £2 through now so all good.

Hugs to the poorly Elite and those low in spirit. You're all in my thoughts xx

Out 159
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

1,802Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin