Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,309Posts
    • 35,041Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1107
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 4th Oct 17, 4:26 PM
    • 14,608 Posts
    • 226,762 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Post image is the one most people use now i think x
    Well done on your bargains
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Sounds like fun. Looking forward to the photos. Which store was it? I also did well in hpool with around £24 worth for 90p (paid 3p after my womble). I had a delicious Millionaires Salted caramel cheesecake reduced from £4 to 20p. It was yummy.
    Can't work photos out so do not bother taking them. Need an idiots guide for how to post them if anyone has one.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    you could try my link on the 1st page
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Oct 17, 4:26 PM
    • 51,286 Posts
    • 586,306 Thanks
    bubbs
    IzzeyB Are you ok I know you don't much but think I have missed you for a while
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Hi Mrs Mac
    I was thinking of Izzey as well this morning x

Hi folks

Just popping in quickly to say hello weather is finally what we expect in Crete - although it hasn't rained it's been cloudy and it's only really today that we have had full sun so we've been making the most of it

Thankfully we didn't book our flights with monarch. How sad for everyone involved

I haven't read back so happy birthday or anniversary to those I've missed and special hugs to anyone who wants them

See you soon!
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Have a lovely holiday x
    Afternoon folks Not much doing today, put Kit's washing out to dry before it rains. Still quite bright and blowy. The lads, Steve and Andy, are coming over soon and after Kit gets in from work we are all going out for a meal at Hungry Horse for Andy's birthday today. Actually that's the third meal out this week. Saturday evening I used my two Nectar vouchers for 4 free main courses at Pizza Express in Lymington before they ran out, together with £20 gift cards from winadinner, and, with diet cokes and puddings, had to pay £9.95 cash. Monday evening we all went to Zizzi in West Quays Southampton. Andy had a free birthday meal plus free bottle of prosseco from them for his birthday, I used £40 of winadinner gift cards, we all had main meals and I had sorbet , plus we had diet cokes as well as the prosseco, and had to pay 10p cash. Tonight we are going to Hungry Horse in Portsmouth to use up some gift cards which are near expiry and don't expect to pay much if any cash

winadinner by the way is a fab website. Just register and they draw 5-10 names a day to receive £30 vouchers or £20 paypal. I recommended it to Steve and he won after a month or too, then I won three weeks ago, and 'Alan' won just after. Had a problem over receipt of one lot of cards so ended up with two lots. So we have had £120 worth of restaurant gift cards so far. Still waiting for Kit to win ...... and Berry of course ........... and

I don't think you are eating enough. Try next week having 10 syns a day and eating more free foods. Have 4 meals a day. You should never be hungry on SW plan. Good luck, I do know how demoralising it can be when you don;t lose and have been so strict
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    well done on your bargains, theres me saying about drinking but i have not drank as much as i normally do this week i drink alot anyway but usually a drop more than i have this week
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Oct 17, 4:27 PM
    • 51,286 Posts
    • 586,306 Thanks
    bubbs
    PROOF as hukd would say, i always thought prices in there change on a wednesday.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    It did say the 3rd and prices do change in a weds
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 51,286 Posts
    • 586,306 Thanks
    bubbs
    There is a new £10 meal deal at waities, not looked into it yet
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • pippo
    • By pippo 4th Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    • 2,851 Posts
    • 28,508 Thanks
    pippo
    There is a new £10 meal deal at waities, not looked into it yet
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Oh go on, go on, you know you have to! x
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 4th Oct 17, 4:40 PM
    • 3,366 Posts
    • 31,472 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    It's the large wholemeal bread, but the medium sliced x maybe I should not have bread, but do you think I should carry on with overnight oats instead? All depends on my syn intake, but I never gave many, as you say I leave that for wine intake, do have full fat milk but only a very small splash two three times a day, not much at all, maybe it's also not drinking enough fluids, can you actually over eat on SW? Today I've already had two coffees, overnight oats, now thinking about omelette with mushroom, tomatoes & spinach but I have been up since 3.30am so feeling rather perish, my evening meal will be Bubbs KFC with salad & rocket, maybe some fruit in between too, get weighed in on Saturday morning, yep! Very annoying & frustrating when I can't seem to budge any lbs off when I'm trying sooo hard x . But I'm still going to carry on For some reason I got some will power, don't know how, but I have, off to do my omelette now ssssso hungry xx. Thsnks for your help Di, hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday morning
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    So you're having double your healthy B with your bread allowance as it's two slices from a 400g loaf which is why it's good to talk about it because there's nothing worse than doing the same wrong things each week with the same results. So that slice of bread is costing you 6 syns could you maybe just try the fruit and yoghurt for a week and ditch the oats?Would you not like bacon, egg, mushrooms for breakfast instead?
    I think I'd be tempted to leave the healthy extras out until next week, see if it makes any diference on saturday.
    Ok lets talk syns, what's your tipple and without turning this into an AA clas about how many drinks per night? Haha
    Froctober £50 £27.85
    NSD 12/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 3.5lb
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 4th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    • 9,812 Posts
    • 109,551 Thanks
    emerald21
    Has anyone tried to get their free Rituals bath stuff from a shop yet please I still can t see a barcode.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Oct 17, 5:05 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    Ok lets talk syns, what's your tipple and without turning this into an AA clas about how many drinks per night? Haha
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

Edit: Sorry, thought you were asking TM
    Last edited by davemorton; 04-10-2017 at 5:07 PM.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Oct 17, 5:13 PM
    • 16,803 Posts
    • 195,042 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon all

Not fully caught up yet, out all day but I noticed something about healthy eating and its something I've been thinking about ...

OH has a new obsession - grapes. He has convinced himself they are a healthy alternative to chocolate. Possibly they would be if he ate a normal measured amount. He buys them in the plastic boxes, about 500g in a box - and apart from a small section which he gives me he will eat the entire box himself in one sitting

I've screen shot a page I found which says 150g of grapes have 6 teaspoons of sugar in (I suppose it depends on the variety and season). And another from the AHA that says blokes should consume not more than 9 teaspoons of sugar a day or 37.5g. And the myfitnesspal app says an entire box of Morrisons value grapes has a total of 92.4g of sugar ...lets see him argue his way out of this.

Not that he has stopped eating biscuits either or muesli bars. And the Nature valley bars he eats in the morning (too much effort to put cereal in a bowl) have more sugar than you would think - 10 grammes. And he went off with a chunk of the banana cake I made yesterday to work this morning.

One of the chaps he works with is a diabetic and he has to test his blood and doing daily injections, in and out of hospital with foot problems - you would have thought that it would at least make OH think about what he should be eating ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 16,803 Posts
    • 195,042 Thanks
    mhoc
    Has anyone tried to get their free Rituals bath stuff from a shop yet please I still can t see a barcode.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Did you get your registration email? Mine came straight away
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 4th Oct 17, 5:22 PM
    • 6,487 Posts
    • 85,286 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Afternoon all

Not fully caught up yet, out all day but I noticed something about healthy eating and its something I've been thinking about ...

OH has a new obsession - grapes. He has convinced himself they are a healthy alternative to chocolate. Possibly they would be if he ate a normal measured amount. He buys them in the plastic boxes, about 500g in a box - and apart from a small section which he gives me he will eat the entire box himself in one sitting

I've screen shot a page I found which says 150g of grapes have 6 teaspoons of sugar in (I suppose it depends on the variety and season). And another from the AHA that says blokes should consume not more than 9 teaspoons of sugar a day or 37.5g. And the myfitnesspal app says an entire box of Morrisons value grapes has a total of 92.4g of sugar ...lets see him argue his way out of this.

Not that he has stopped eating biscuits either or muesli bars. And the Nature valley bars he eats in the morning (too much effort to put cereal in a bowl) have more sugar than you would think - 10 grammes. And he went off with a chunk of the banana cake I made yesterday to work this morning.

One of the chaps he works with is a diabetic and he has to test his blood and doing daily injections, in and out of hospital with foot problems - you would have thought that it would at least make OH think about what he should be eating ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Grapes are really high in sugar. My mum was eating a whole box a day and couldnt understand why her sugars were so high, she is a diabetic. When she went to see diabetic counceller, they were so mad with her for eating that amount. They told her she should have around 3 grapes a day, she was not impressed with that at all.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August
    311.97 September

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 4th Oct 17, 5:24 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    tpwl66
    Afternoon folks Not much doing today, put Kit's washing out to dry before it rains. Still quite bright and blowy. The lads, Steve and Andy, are coming over soon and after Kit gets in from work we are all going out for a meal at Hungry Horse for Andy's birthday today. Actually that's the third meal out this week. Saturday evening I used my two Nectar vouchers for 4 free main courses at Pizza Express in Lymington before they ran out, together with £20 gift cards from winadinner, and, with diet cokes and puddings, had to pay £9.95 cash. Monday evening we all went to Zizzi in West Quays Southampton. Andy had a free birthday meal plus free bottle of prosseco from them for his birthday, I used £40 of winadinner gift cards, we all had main meals and I had sorbet , plus we had diet cokes as well as the prosseco, and had to pay 10p cash. Tonight we are going to Hungry Horse in Portsmouth to use up some gift cards which are near expiry and don't expect to pay much if any cash

winadinner by the way is a fab website. Just register and they draw 5-10 names a day to receive £30 vouchers or £20 paypal. I recommended it to Steve and he won after a month or too, then I won three weeks ago, and 'Alan' won just after. Had a problem over receipt of one lot of cards so ended up with two lots. So we have had £120 worth of restaurant gift cards so far. Still waiting for Kit to win ...... and Berry of course ........... and

I don't think you are eating enough. Try next week having 10 syns a day and eating more free foods. Have 4 meals a day. You should never be hungry on SW plan. Good luck, I do know how demoralising it can be when you don;t lose and have been so strict
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Oh god! You mean I need to eat more! Before I started this diet or should I say healthy eating I used to only eat once a day, & that was about 6pm each evening, today I've done well, 7am, overnight oats & coffee, then another coffee, them omelette with tomatoes, spring onion,mushrooms, spinach, two spoons of low fat/sugar beans with rocket salad, then had a fig & large grapefruit & this evening will be having Bubbs KFC. . Not that I can taste a thing, have a nose that's running like a tap, headache, pain from my stomachs ulcer, fit for the knackers yard me thinks X. . Oh, I've been drinking lots of water & running for a wee every five minutes too
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 4th Oct 17, 5:25 PM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 57,735 Thanks
    LEJC
    Back in the day....my mum had a similar experience to yours Sarah....grapes may appear the healthy option but they are only good in moderation.

Sadly my mum loved dates too...the ones in boxes that you used to get at christmas and she always classed that as healthy.
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 4th Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    tpwl66
    So you're having double your healthy B with your bread allowance as it's two slices from a 400g loaf which is why it's good to talk about it because there's nothing worse than doing the same wrong things each week with the same results. So that slice of bread is costing you 6 syns could you maybe just try the fruit and yoghurt for a week and ditch the oats?Would you not like bacon, egg, mushrooms for breakfast instead?
    I think I'd be tempted to leave the healthy extras out until next week, see if it makes any diference on saturday.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I shall follow your advice from tomorrow, no oats, no bread, yoghurt with fruit for breakfast & will also have eggs bacon etc, my syns, as we all have to be naughty at times, is red wine or white wine, if I go out which is not often at all it'll be vodka & Diet Coke, maybe I'll have a bottle once a week,wine not vodka! but a few weeks ago, did have two bottles in a week, was a very stressful week for me, as you can tell! hiccup Forgot to mention every couple of weeks I'll have a takeaway of chicken shish & salad with chilli sauce, no pitta bread, I'm a good girl, sometimes
    Last edited by tpwl66; 04-10-2017 at 5:39 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Oct 17, 5:42 PM
    • 16,803 Posts
    • 195,042 Thanks
    mhoc
    I budget £225 a month for 3 of us just for food plus another £30 for cats/birds/foxes - yellow labels are virtually non existent around here despite having about 12 main supermarkets in a 5 mile radius plus numerous Co-ops, Spa, Nisa, sainsburys Local etc

- this £225 is for us two plus for Errant son breakfast and lunches mainly (eats his main meal at the hotel when he is on shift)
    His lunch packs are vast - he takes an Aldi carrier bag full of food. Mostly he makes his own lunch packs, sometimes sandwiches (Cheese and pickle or tuna and mayo or chicken mayo salad when we have had a roast) and sometimes a weird rice concoction with boiled eggs and/or tuna or squares of home made pizza. He also takes slabs of homemade cake or scones, sometimes a museli bar and a couple of pieces of fruit and whatever salad leaves that are left over.
    I also try and bulk it out with ziplock bags/boxes of carrot sticks, celery sticks, plastic mini boxes with chewy prunes/raisons, mini boxes with brazils and pumpkin seeds- this morning I filled a mini plastic box with canned pineapple cubes for a change. I have numerous mini plastic boxes I fill with whatever I can find in the fridge or cupboard.
    At the moment he also has Yazoo milk shakes which were free or very cheap with cashback and MOCs and the chicken snack things free from COS. The free walkers crisps went long ago as did the pepporami snack sticks
    Sometimes he brings back boxes of things from the hotel - everything has to be disposed of at the end of the evenings service and I think the wastage he finds appalling.

You can tell that a great deal of the days thinking about food, shopping and meal planning is put into making sure Errant son has enough for the next days lunch Nothing worse than the sigh of despair from him in the middle of the week when he has eaten the fridge down to nothing

Yep, got this and also received a Morries mailing
    £5 off wys £40, then 5000 points wys £40 (which I think is the same thing!) and a triple point coupon.
    Thought I might combine these with a a cos shop.
    There again although I haven't committed to a froctober both Mr Pops and I agreed that we need to use up the stuff in the freezer added to which, I have been gifted a huge bag of cooking apples and a bag of rhubarb so I think I will give it ago (wine deals excluded of course!).
    So, Chez Pip we are looking to come in at under £100 for the month, given that when I was working we could spend more than that in a week
    Spend so far this month £4.14 on milk, fruit and veg.
    Originally posted by pippo
    Last edited by mhoc; 04-10-2017 at 5:57 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Oct 17, 5:47 PM
    • 16,803 Posts
    • 195,042 Thanks
    mhoc
    Grapes are really high in sugar. My mum was eating a whole box a day and couldnt understand why her sugars were so high, she is a diabetic. When she went to see diabetic counceller, they were so mad with her for eating that amount. They told her she should have around 3 grapes a day, she was not impressed with that at all.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Exactly - small amounts of something you really love it fine but anything to excess is really just courting trouble.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Oct 17, 5:55 PM
    • 16,803 Posts
    • 195,042 Thanks
    mhoc
    Lunchtime post

Snap Sad news about your sister hopefully the consultant will provide good news A GP acquaintance ignored all her symptom but is still here 4 years later after being given 6 weeks

Sal the above is also for you The new trails can work wonders Take care and post when you can

Wendy Hope you are ok too and have been back to T's

I am now off to see if there is any good cashback deals Made a mess with the chicken thing on COS so it has hit my intended spend Note to self to be more careful
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    what sort of mess did you make with the chicken thing for COS - I was fully expecting our little Morriblbs not to have them but it did and COS valided the receipts within half an hour

Time and energy ran away today - I didn't get to get more malt!!!!!hs from Morribobs today - fingers crossed that it renews overnight.
    I didn't even get to go to the alternative Sainsbobs to look for weird pea snacks and invisible Gu desserts
    But I did notice the WW free bread on shopimum and expiring today so at least I got one of the cashbook items on the list
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 4th Oct 17, 5:56 PM
    • 2,662 Posts
    • 34,813 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Oh we all have days like that Pacifica.......fret not....it's early days for Froctober....you will catch up.

I hardly dare tell you that I spent 50p exactly plus wombles on all my whoopsies and found a single womble when I left the store giving me over £6
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Salt. Wound. Thanks TM!

Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.

Better day today thankfully. And a NSD at that.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 4th Oct 17, 6:00 PM
    • 2,662 Posts
    • 34,813 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning all...

I think I may have committed a "reverse Pacifica" last night......

I wasn't tempted by the takeaway supper....but I did enjoy an evening with a shared bottle of wine!

It was one from stock so doesnt count towards an october spend but it blows my pledge of only weekend wine out the window this week....

.....and to cap it all I woke up in the middle of the night with a migraine...something I've not had for years....took some tablets but it's still rattling around this morning so thats my lesson learnt.

I'm hoping for a gentle day....
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Hope your migraine has abated LEJC.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Oct 17, 6:16 PM
    • 51,286 Posts
    • 586,306 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by emerald21
    The bar code is on the email they send you, scroll down
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin