Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,300Posts
    • 35,015Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1106
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 4th Oct 17, 12:16 PM
    • 5,154 Posts
    • 53,294 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I'm just about ok.Thankyou for thinking about me.
    I've got no energy and have been given some new medication because my sodium levels are going down again.Not sure if they are doing anything yet.
    Glad to see pictures of your whoopsies.
    Originally posted by savvy sal

Hi Sal, these are for you

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 4th Oct 17, 12:19 PM
    • 5,154 Posts
    • 53,294 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Just a mailing from Shoes - oodles of points offers as usual, but this time they are colour-coded and in a more handy format, telling you what you can use with what.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• emerald21
    • By emerald21 4th Oct 17, 12:22 PM
    • 9,795 Posts
    • 109,430 Thanks
    emerald21
    Is it the same process to register with 3, as it is with o2? (I'm not with 3).
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Yes more or less. Put a 3 sim in and download the app. I think you need to keep the sim in though but bh is our wuntu expert lol
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 4th Oct 17, 12:34 PM
    • 6,811 Posts
    • 55,092 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Yes more or less. Put a 3 sim in and download the app. I think you need to keep the sim in though but bh is our wuntu expert lol
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Thanks emerald, I ahve a spare cheapy phone I used to use for o2 priority, but since it went down the pan, I'll try a 3 sim in that.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 4th Oct 17, 12:39 PM
    • 848 Posts
    • 11,032 Thanks
    sarahskint
    pizza eaten and costa hot choc all gone - nice treat free lunch x
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 4th Oct 17, 12:48 PM
    • 14,520 Posts
    • 243,966 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Afternoon

I had a much needed lie in

Wishing you well Sal ♥
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 4th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 5,583 Posts
    • 68,346 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    (((x))) Sal

Bit late today, so afternoon all
    TM, our vet also said that Frontline is no longer effective against fleas. We now use Stronghold.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 4th Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 14,520 Posts
    • 243,966 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

22 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Wednesday): History 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 4th Oct 17, 1:02 PM
    • 14,520 Posts
    • 243,966 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    (((x))) Sal

Bit late today, so afternoon all
    TM, our vet also said that Frontline is no longer effective against fleas. We now use Stronghold.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Ditto - we have to have a prescription from Vets to buy Stronghold online.
    Our Family Motto ~

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 4th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    • 9,183 Posts
    • 57,631 Thanks
    LEJC
    I'm going to throw another flea treatment into the mix.....program.

It's an injection given by the vet and lasts 6 months it cuts of the flea cycle and we've used it for all our cats over the years.

I dont know how it compares to frontline or stronghold pricewise....both of which we have not used since swapping to program.....but I can genuinely say we haven't seen a flea for almost 20 years!

worth a google if you want an alternative to other treatments.
    Last edited by LEJC; 04-10-2017 at 2:04 PM.
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 4th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    • 3,750 Posts
    • 48,328 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Lunchtime post

Snap Sad news about your sister hopefully the consultant will provide good news A GP acquaintance ignored all her symptom but is still here 4 years later after being given 6 weeks

Sal the above is also for you The new trails can work wonders Take care and post when you can

Wendy Hope you are ok too and have been back to T's

I am now off to see if there is any good cashback deals Made a mess with the chicken thing on COS so it has hit my intended spend Note to self to be more careful
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 4th Oct 17, 1:13 PM
    • 3,750 Posts
    • 48,328 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    IzzeyB Are you ok I know you don't much but think I have missed you for a while
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    • 26,228 Posts
    • 305,144 Thanks
    davemorton
    Pah, missed another Argoos test things. Keep missing them.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 4th Oct 17, 1:49 PM
    • 1,671 Posts
    • 22,018 Thanks
    Saversue
    Pah, missed another Argoos test things. Keep missing them.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Me too, got an email after 12, thought great, but nothing available when I checked before 1.00
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 4th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 16,475 Posts
    • 278,423 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy

Hi folks

Just popping in quickly to say hello weather is finally what we expect in Crete - although it hasn't rained it's been cloudy and it's only really today that we have had full sun so we've been making the most of it

Thankfully we didn't book our flights with monarch. How sad for everyone involved

I haven't read back so happy birthday or anniversary to those I've missed and special hugs to anyone who wants them

See you soon!
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly. I can help merge threads here and there. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...

Attempt number 7854- W1-3 -6lbs
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 4th Oct 17, 2:41 PM
    • 13,691 Posts
    • 141,908 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Afternoon folks Not much doing today, put Kit's washing out to dry before it rains. Still quite bright and blowy. The lads, Steve and Andy, are coming over soon and after Kit gets in from work we are all going out for a meal at Hungry Horse for Andy's birthday today. Actually that's the third meal out this week. Saturday evening I used my two Nectar vouchers for 4 free main courses at Pizza Express in Lymington before they ran out, together with £20 gift cards from winadinner, and, with diet cokes and puddings, had to pay £9.95 cash. Monday evening we all went to Zizzi in West Quays Southampton. Andy had a free birthday meal plus free bottle of prosseco from them for his birthday, I used £40 of winadinner gift cards, we all had main meals and I had sorbet , plus we had diet cokes as well as the prosseco, and had to pay 10p cash. Tonight we are going to Hungry Horse in Portsmouth to use up some gift cards which are near expiry and don't expect to pay much if any cash

winadinner by the way is a fab website. Just register and they draw 5-10 names a day to receive £30 vouchers or £20 paypal. I recommended it to Steve and he won after a month or too, then I won three weeks ago, and 'Alan' won just after. Had a problem over receipt of one lot of cards so ended up with two lots. So we have had £120 worth of restaurant gift cards so far. Still waiting for Kit to win ...... and Berry of course ........... and

It's the large wholemeal bread, but the medium sliced x maybe I should not have bread, but do you think I should carry on with overnight oats instead? All depends on my syn intake, but I never gave many, as you say I leave that for wine intake, do have full fat milk but only a very small splash two three times a day, not much at all, maybe it's also not drinking enough fluids, can you actually over eat on SW? Today I've already had two coffees, overnight oats, now thinking about omelette with mushroom, tomatoes & spinach but I have been up since 3.30am so feeling rather perish, my evening meal will be Bubbs KFC with salad & rocket, maybe some fruit in between too, get weighed in on Saturday morning, yep! Very annoying & frustrating when I can't seem to budge any lbs off when I'm trying sooo hard x . But I'm still going to carry on For some reason I got some will power, don't know how, but I have, off to do my omelette now ssssso hungry xx. Thsnks for your help Di, hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday morning
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    I don't think you are eating enough. Try next week having 10 syns a day and eating more free foods. Have 4 meals a day. You should never be hungry on SW plan. Good luck, I do know how demoralising it can be when you don;t lose and have been so strict
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

FRUGAL groceries Oct £55.98, Nov £62.96, Dec £43.46, Jan £68.88, Feb £86.58, Mar X, Apr £52.73, May X, June £94.72, July £69.82, Aug £99.39, Sept X
    NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 10/16
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 4th Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    • 9,183 Posts
    • 57,631 Thanks
    LEJC
    May your winning streak continue Mrs 3 Dogs....enjoy the birthday celebrations x
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • pippo
    • By pippo 4th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 2,849 Posts
    • 28,483 Thanks
    pippo
    Just a mailing from Shoes - oodles of points offers as usual, but this time they are colour-coded and in a more handy format, telling you what you can use with what.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Yep, got this and also received a Morries mailing
    £5 off wys £40, then 5000 points wys £40 (which I think is the same thing!) and a triple point coupon.
    Thought I might combine these with a a cos shop.
    There again although I haven't committed to a froctober both Mr Pops and I agreed that we need to use up the stuff in the freezer added to which, I have been gifted a huge bag of cooking apples and a bag of rhubarb so I think I will give it ago (wine deals excluded of course!).
    So, Chez Pip we are looking to come in at under £100 for the month, given that when I was working we could spend more than that in a week
    Spend so far this month £4.14 on milk, fruit and veg.
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Oct 17, 4:21 PM
    • 51,120 Posts
    • 585,052 Thanks
    bubbs
    Me too.

Firstly 13lb is a lot of weight to have lost and kept off so you shoukd be very proud of yourself for that however it is so annoying staying the same.
    I try to avoid bread completely, what size loaf are your two slices from 400g or 800g? Could you instead have bacon, egg and tomatoes and leave the bread out altogether?
    I don't have any syns in the week unless I have gravy but save mine for wine at the weekend 28 syns for a bottle of Sauv blanc x 3, do you drink alcohol and if so do you know the syn value?
    Maybe if you're not consuming enough food your body is clinging onto what you do eat......not sure as never have that problem I can always eat
    How many syns do you allow yourself per day? If the hi fi bar was three, four for the flake did you have anything else....what type of milk do you use, do you drink tea or coffee and how many per day as bubbs says maybe you're not drinking enough fluids.
    I'll see what else I can think of.....what day is weigh in day for you.....mines today but after the week I've had plus the wedding I'm expecting about 3lb on....I hate it when that happens but hey ho.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I dont have any syns in the week f i can help it, dont class gravy and ketchup etc as syns, class them as a necessity
    Good luck for WI x
    It's the large wholemeal bread, but the medium sliced x maybe I should not have bread, but do you think I should carry on with overnight oats instead? All depends on my syn intake, but I never gave many, as you say I leave that for wine intake, do have full fat milk but only a very small splash two three times a day, not much at all, maybe it's also not drinking enough fluids, can you actually over eat on SW? Today I've already had two coffees, overnight oats, now thinking about omelette with mushroom, tomatoes & spinach but I have been up since 3.30am so feeling rather perish, my evening meal will be Bubbs KFC with salad & rocket, maybe some fruit in between too, get weighed in on Saturday morning, yep! Very annoying & frustrating when I can't seem to budge any lbs off when I'm trying sooo hard x . But I'm still going to carry on For some reason I got some will power, don't know how, but I have, off to do my omelette now ssssso hungry xx. Thsnks for your help Di, hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday morning
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    If you eat free food nothing is too much you should never be hungry!!
    I'm just about ok.Thankyou for thinking about me.
    I've got no energy and have been given some new medication because my sodium levels are going down again.Not sure if they are doing anything yet.
    Glad to see pictures of your whoopsies.
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Sal
    Lovely to see you xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-3 st 11 lb week 28
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 4th Oct 17, 4:23 PM
    • 14,586 Posts
    • 226,626 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Waities prices change on a Monday. The APG is very quick to update.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    PROOF as hukd would say, i always thought prices in there change on a wednesday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,840Posts Today

9,647Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• This is a good brief summary of the evidence I have to the lords on the problems with our student finance system... https://t.co/LQqggZMlgH

• Follow Martin