Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,307Posts
    • 35,034Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1105
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 4th Oct 17, 8:41 AM
    • 36,073 Posts
    • 151,703 Thanks
    silvercar
    No spoilers, but I did not like the ending of Dr Foster. At all.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 4th Oct 17, 8:42 AM
    • 1,957 Posts
    • 20,731 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Wuntwo sweets
    I got the free Retro Sweets yesterday, gave them to neighbours kids, not too bad for totally free
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 4th Oct 17, 9:21 AM
    • 1,606 Posts
    • 25,245 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    I got the free Retro Sweets yesterday, gave them to neighbours kids, not too bad for totally free
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Got a pizza code but when trying to use it keeps saying additional items need to be added, any ideas
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Oct 17, 9:28 AM
    • 16,772 Posts
    • 194,840 Thanks
    mhoc
    CoT....if you are around ....where are you getting frontline from these days?

Oz has fleas
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    When I was ordering the cats flea pipettes I did price comparisons on the usual pets meds websites including the cost of postage.
    Then I went and had a look on Amazon and found a company that worked out the cheapest and it was delivered next day.
    So do your price checks including postage so you have a price per pippette and then have a look at Amazon as well.
    Last edited by mhoc; 04-10-2017 at 5:48 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 4th Oct 17, 9:32 AM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 23,056 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    CoT....if you are around ....where are you getting frontline from these days?

Oz has fleas
    We were advised against using frontline so use advantage now,been using it a year so with no problems.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Oct 17, 9:33 AM
    • 16,772 Posts
    • 194,840 Thanks
    mhoc
    Maltsmiths Pols and IPA is hiding down there at £1 Cashback, claim. 6 times from M. In M it is 4 for £5.75 so £1.75 for 4 if buying in 4s (receipt does say Pils or IPA from memory).

Amstel has been extended and currently 13 days

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Ta for this - I was looking at the various beers/ciders/largers yesterday hoping I could get the multi buy 4 for £5 or £6 in Morrison's - sadly all in different offers.
    I didnt realise you could have up to 6 maltsmiths.
    £1.75 is very acceptable - is the offer on Q clicksnappy as well? Of to have a look
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • locarr
    • By locarr 4th Oct 17, 9:34 AM
    • 7,791 Posts
    • 138,110 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning ALL!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 4th Oct 17, 9:39 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    tpwl66
    Me too.

Firstly 13lb is a lot of weight to have lost and kept off so you shoukd be very proud of yourself for that however it is so annoying staying the same.
    I try to avoid bread completely, what size loaf are your two slices from 400g or 800g? Could you instead have bacon, egg and tomatoes and leave the bread out altogether?
    I don't have any syns in the week unless I have gravy but save mine for wine at the weekend 28 syns for a bottle of Sauv blanc x 3, do you drink alcohol and if so do you know the syn value?
    Maybe if you're not consuming enough food your body is clinging onto what you do eat......not sure as never have that problem I can always eat
    How many syns do you allow yourself per day? If the hi fi bar was three, four for the flake did you have anything else....what type of milk do you use, do you drink tea or coffee and how many per day as bubbs says maybe you're not drinking enough fluids.
    I'll see what else I can think of.....what day is weigh in day for you.....mines today but after the week I've had plus the wedding I'm expecting about 3lb on....I hate it when that happens but hey ho.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    It's the large wholemeal bread, but the medium sliced x maybe I should not have bread, but do you think I should carry on with overnight oats instead? All depends on my syn intake, but I never gave many, as you say I leave that for wine intake, do have full fat milk but only a very small splash two three times a day, not much at all, maybe it's also not drinking enough fluids, can you actually over eat on SW? Today I've already had two coffees, overnight oats, now thinking about omelette with mushroom, tomatoes & spinach but I have been up since 3.30am so feeling rather perish, my evening meal will be Bubbs KFC with salad & rocket, maybe some fruit in between too, get weighed in on Saturday morning, yep! Very annoying & frustrating when I can't seem to budge any lbs off when I'm trying sooo hard x . But I'm still going to carry on For some reason I got some will power, don't know how, but I have, off to do my omelette now ssssso hungry xx. Thsnks for your help Di, hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday morning
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 4th Oct 17, 10:02 AM
    • 9,210 Posts
    • 57,731 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all...

I think I may have committed a "reverse Pacifica" last night......

I wasn't tempted by the takeaway supper....but I did enjoy an evening with a shared bottle of wine!

It was one from stock so doesnt count towards an october spend but it blows my pledge of only weekend wine out the window this week....

.....and to cap it all I woke up in the middle of the night with a migraine...something I've not had for years....took some tablets but it's still rattling around this morning so thats my lesson learnt.

I'm hoping for a gentle day....
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 4th Oct 17, 10:06 AM
    • 6,481 Posts
    • 85,255 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August
    311.97 September

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 4th Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 5,169 Posts
    • 53,440 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 4th Oct 17, 10:51 AM
    • 6,816 Posts
    • 55,135 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    This week’s main offers (so far), remember some may be time critical.

Domino Free pizza TODAY ONLY

Costa Free Coffee (Screenshot allowed)
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Is it the same process to register with 3, as it is with o2? (I'm not with 3).
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 4th Oct 17, 11:00 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 48,413 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Your words are pretty supportive too Mrs......I'm aiming for retirement and no I don't think 44 is too young....we all have started doing the lottery together at work including the boss so if we won we could close down...if only haha x
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

I know of a local hairdressing company that won quite a bit probably not enough to retire if they were young but I recall the owner had enough to retire

A young lad in Mc'D's parents won 12 million Scary face way to much

I am sure today will be better for all of us ( positive thinking_My boss just added another 5 min job to my role We shall see how that works I did decline and he looked incredulous when I said I was already busy

Two sales staff make their mega bonus every month, have long lunches etc etc go home on time have no carry forward work Its special job they have That is what is unfair and why I am on here for my unofficial tea break
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 04-10-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    October Target spend £100 for month for 2 plus visiting family

Excludes cleaning and toiletries(none required)

Includes net cost of glitches
    Week 1 £12.50 Week 2 £32.48 Week 3 £28.60
    • tbw
    • By tbw 4th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 54,521 Thanks
    tbw
    No spoilers, but I did not like the ending of Dr Foster. At all.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Neither did I ! Not happy with Game of Thrones either - its clearly not the end of the story even though they say its the last series. I know the next book hasn't been finished yet so I hope they do another series once thats out.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 4th Oct 17, 11:16 AM
    • 2,037 Posts
    • 19,211 Thanks
    curl girl
    Ta for this - I was looking at the various beers/ciders/largers yesterday hoping I could get the multi buy 4 for £5 or £6 in Morrison's - sadly all in different offers.
    I didnt realise you could have up to 6 maltsmiths.
    £1.75 is very acceptable - is the offer on Q clicksnappy as well? Of to have a look
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I got the Maltsmiths last time from A when they were on one of the apps. OH really enjoyed the IPA said it was a lovely drink and he will only drink real ale.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 4th Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 6,816 Posts
    • 55,135 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Iceland 7 day deal - Richmond thick sausages 8pk for 95p Valid until 10/10.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 4th Oct 17, 11:24 AM
    • 850 Posts
    • 11,059 Thanks
    sarahskint
    with dominos it automatically sets your basket to delivery - you need to change it to collection for it to be free - just ordered mine! also next door is costa so win win today!! first time for everything.

I also thought dr foster was a bloody let down after the last 4 weeks was expecting it to be much different!
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 4th Oct 17, 11:26 AM
    • 850 Posts
    • 11,059 Thanks
    sarahskint
    game of thrones will have 6 parts to the next series with each part being approx. 90 minutes, shame its not out til 2019!!
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 4th Oct 17, 11:59 AM
    • 4,994 Posts
    • 75,020 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Nice too see you BH....did you get a new phone?

Just been thinking of sal this morning......hope you are ok
    I'm just about ok.Thankyou for thinking about me.
    I've got no energy and have been given some new medication because my sodium levels are going down again.Not sure if they are doing anything yet.
    Glad to see pictures of your whoopsies.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 4th Oct 17, 12:14 PM
    • 9,210 Posts
    • 57,731 Thanks
    LEJC
    How lovely to see you posting Sal....you've brightened my morning x
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,245Posts Today

7,169Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin