Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,302Posts
    • 35,015Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1103
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    • 51,135 Posts
    • 585,219 Thanks
    bubbs
    Sounds like fun. Looking forward to the photos. Which store was it? I also did well in hpool with around £24 worth for 90p. I had a delicious Millionaires Salted caramel cheesecake reduced from £4 to 20p. It was yummy. Can't work photos out so do not bother taking them. Need an idiots guide for how to post them if anyone has one.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Post image is the one most people use now i think x
    Well done on your bargains
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-3 st 11 lb week 28
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 10:15 PM
    • 19,911 Posts
    • 255,890 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    It said the 3rd
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I was going to say W probably pulled the offer early so it has changed and been updated. I notice it now says £2 on msm. However, I notice that w.com is showing the half price offer.

I wonder if it has gone up to full price on 2nd October and then gone back to £1 again today. Somehow it looks like the APG seems to have caught (and msm has also caught) w.com showing a full price. Does it go into the basket on w.com at £2? Msm (irrelevant I know) is saying £2 and I think otherwise it has picked that up from some showing of £2 on w.com earlier on: otherwise how would it know the price was going to go to £2?

Shopping on the day before an offer ends is risky. Prices sometimes change online for tomorrow's delivery. It's mainly been T that has done to me on my A shopping, changing prices to full price on Sundays that then update very quickly on the APG. I just avoid going too near to the offer end dates now. The items I wanted were on offer until 3rd October - they were on offer in T although I noticed M also had them on offer until the same date and my shop was targetting M - but I shopped for them yesterday rather than waiting until today. Today, particularly if it is T, I think risks full price even if an offer is due to end tomorrow. It should still be showing the offer price if an offer is still on tomorrow and that that is its final date. However the day before an expiry is now uncomfortably close for me and I just won't risk it.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-10-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    M list - post 24450 for now (on page 612).
    Previous one was posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - now page 548, posts 21900-21903.
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 3rd Oct 17, 10:17 PM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 22,025 Thanks
    Saversue
    saversue, is it just the third party software option you click to clean? or do you clean some/any of the other options?

I managed to get hold of utilities 16, but it's not working for me.. just wondered if I'm doing something wrong or maybe I should give up.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Just in from Mums.

Mine is Version 16.0.2.53
    I started off, in Privacy, by cleaning Window History
    Browsing History
    Third Party Software Traces
    Bleach Disks
    but not Shred Files

Then found I only needed to clean Third Party Software Traces. Claiming the vouchers on IE and using gmail addresses. Accessing gmail through IE as well but don't know if that makes any difference. Have to re-load coupon printer after every clean as it wipes it, think that's the key. Good Luck
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 3rd Oct 17, 10:26 PM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 93,464 Thanks
    scamps1966

edit: scamps, do you still have the receipt that went from £1.43 to £1.17? If you plug it into APG now what value does it give?
    Originally posted by aau1
    Nah. I told them to bin it.

And this was my Pears result

APG £2.66 v W
    1x ASDA Pick 'n' Mix (50g) £0.25 N/A
    9x Pears Liquid Hand Wash (237ml) £18.00 £18.00
    2x Chappie Dog Tins Favourites (6x412g) £7.00 £7.30
    1x Rice Dream Rice Drink Organic Uht (1l) £1.00 £1.45
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sparkling Spring Water (2l) £0.17 N/A
    1x ASDA Smartprice Sponge Scourers (8pk) £0.40 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Balls, I wanted to get more of these for prezzies.

Does anyone know if the Avveno is still ok? I still have 6 vouchers.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Loads of nuts biscuits and crisps reduced in A

Almonds. 40p
    Kettle crisps. 30p
    Asda Tortillas. 25p
    Large bag nuts 75p
    Biscuits 25p

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Oct 17, 10:44 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

Last edited by TrulyMadly; 03-10-2017 at 10:46 PM.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 10:50 PM
    • 19,911 Posts
    • 255,890 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I haven't got the time at the moment to explain the ins and outs of what is happening with me and M. I think my time is right now best spent elsewhere, such as adding to the SP list. However, I was in M earlier today (unplanned - yeah, that's right, have a look round for prices on the day before they change) and I am hoping I may have a short time in (another) M tomorrow if I get the chance. I think the mini-M list as now stands - I have made a small number of changes which you can't see this time - is up-to-date to today's M prices. Don't go buying multis of the Sweet Potatoes as I don't know when they went on - they could have gone on only today in which case they will have missed Monday's collection.

I think I am safe to say the 6 pack Gala Apples have gone up. I saw £1.50 in my store today and online says the same. That looks like it changed earlier in the week so, if the APG is updated, that's likely to be off now. So, it's onto 'risking' the 6 pack Dessert Apples vs M as 6 pack British Apples in M are still at £1.

The equivalent to Tenderheart Cabbage has also gone up in price.
    There are more items to add but they are not significant. I will have to check if Tvs M on the list is still correct - may have a change to make there (offer on one Rustler may have gone to another - now got BBQ Rib 157g and Flame Grilled Quarter Pounder 190g at £1 each). BM Golden Breaded Turkey Steaks 200g still available in M, £1. Domestos Ocean Germ Blaster still £1 in M. Neither of these showing online.

Avs M: I couldn't find Bernard Matthews Roast Turkey Pieces (140g) today as the one store I have available to me has shifted them all to the weekend shoppers and is no trace at all today. They could still be around at £1, I will have a look tomorrow if I get the opportunity, otherwise I will have to lose them, didn't want to compare price-matched £1 against £1 anyway. I notice A has put its price of Terry's Milk Chocolate Orange down.

EDIT: Fruit Shoot 8x200ml Orange Low Sugar and Blackcurrant now showing me £2. I now have £1.50 on Summer Fruits instead but felt like it may be an offer label that hadn't been taken off the floor that should have been - see what I see elsewhere tomorrow if that happens.

Will have to keep it short (yes, I know). See you later.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-10-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Oct 17, 10:55 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Afternoon peeps.

Free Rituals foam bath worth £8.50.

Free instore or £2.99 delivered.

http://www.latestfreestuff.co.uk/
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Thanks scamps. This looks lovely but where is the barcode in the email to present in store?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 10:56 PM
    • 19,911 Posts
    • 255,890 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    This £1.75 RTC in M - RTCs do compare, we saw Young's Kipper Fillets doing precisely that at the weekend.

Don't know if this is 3 for £2 - probably not?

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Body_Care/Garnier_Ultimate_Blends_Body_Restoring_Lotion_250m l.html

More to the point, probably not worth it if 50p+17.5p difference each.

Also the same:
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Body_Care/Garnier_Ultimate_Blends_Body_Nourishing_Lotion_250 ml.html

May need a new collection - don't know if this went to RTC yesterday.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-10-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 3rd Oct 17, 10:57 PM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 93,464 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Thanks scamps. This looks lovely but where is the barcode in the email to present in store?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    It should be at the bottom of the email.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Oct 17, 10:57 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.

Three days in and I've failed Froctober already. Really stressful day at work culminated in tea from the chippy. It was that or the bottle of Southern Comfort - which, in hindsight, would have been better as it was already in the cupboard and wouldn't have cost me money!
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Oh we all have days like that Pacifica.......fret not....it's early days for Froctober....you will catch up.

I hardly dare tell you that I spent 50p exactly plus wombles on all my whoopsies and found a single womble when I left the store giving me over £6
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Oct 17, 11:02 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening peeps.

I remember someone mentioned last week that they checked an APG, but when they later went to print it, the voucher price was lower than earlier.

Just got back from A's and an even stranger thing happened. I picked up a couple of wombles yesterday dated 2nd, and tonight I printed them off. I had one for £1.43. The SA scanned them all no problem, 6 in total. When she totaled the transaction, it rejected the £1.43 and lowered it to £1.17!! All the others were fine. SA who helps out in the cash office said she'd never seen that before!

Has anyone else had this happen?
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Lots of times scamps. It's usually when I've cut it fine and only have a few pence to pay so I add a 5p carrier bag and the value changes.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Oct 17, 11:06 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good evening
    Haven't seen it mentioned, new tesco mag with coupons
    £1.15 off 15 berocca
    75p Annabel Karmel 1yr plus
    35p Mission deli 8 seeded wraps or 6 cheese wraps
    40p New York bakery bagel
    50p Sanex 250ml
    25p Tropical jelly babies
    75p Aspall raw organic cider vinegar 500ml
    £1 any Wahaca soft taco kit
    60p Bisto foil bakes
    50p any Santa Maria Latin American Kitchen
    50p any Dolmio NAS pasta sauce
    50p any Dolmio NAS bolognese sauce
    50p any Dolmio chicken tray bake pouch
    50p Uncle Bens NAS sweet n sour 440g
    And lastly £1 off Onken plain grain bio pot 450g (FREE)
    Originally posted by nearlysorted
    Free yoghurt

Wow thanks nearlysorted. We get through loads of yoghurt. Hope I can find the mags.

So the yogs are £1 .....why can't I see them?

Ah....got you 2 for £2 Brilliant
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 34,077 Posts
    • 450,520 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    None on mine scamps....wondering if it's ended
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 3rd Oct 17, 11:37 PM
    • 5,158 Posts
    • 53,335 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Oh we all have days like that Pacifica.......fret not....it's early days for Froctober....you will catch up.

I hardly dare tell you that I spent 50p exactly plus wombles on all my whoopsies and found a single womble when I left the store giving me over £6

Amazing shop TM

I've tried one of those ham hock meals and they are gorgeous - a little salty maybe, but then I haven't put salt on anything for years, not even on a boiled egg, so the occasional taste of it in something is quite nice.

It was so nice that I consulted the butcher about ham hocks so I might have a go at making similar. Won't be 10p though.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• Anon
    • By Anon 4th Oct 17, 12:05 AM
    • 12,190 Posts
    • 133,104 Thanks
    Anon
    Anyway I've took some pics but I need to eat and watch Dr Stalker first.....
    there were more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing .

No spoilers there

Anon
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Oct 17, 12:12 AM
    • 19,911 Posts
    • 255,890 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    SP Mozzarella has not long ago gone up - 43p to 47p (may be a £2 GC opp. for 43p SELs). Its price on the APG is unchanged unless you shop against W where it is N/A so is the new A price. It should remain at roughly 42p/43p against M and T and it is still 54p for those that like to shop against S.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Oct 17, 12:25 AM
    • 19,911 Posts
    • 255,890 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Lots of times scamps. It's usually when I've cut it fine and only have a few pence to pay so I add a 5p carrier bag and the value changes.
    Add a carrier bag? At one time I thought that carrier bags were the problem and couldn't be bought with an APG as they are non-grocery. However, this does fit in and, instead of being the bag causing the problem it is the reverse and the bag should indeed be bought (as an example). The loose fruit/veg. or other price by weight item in your shopping counts as lower than its real value within the system so it thinks you haven't spent enough. Adding a carrier bag makes it now over what it thinks is the voucher value amount, so it changes and accepts the voucher fully.

Actually it would be shops where there is little to pay that will be affected by loose produce etc. If loose produce counts as lower than real, then the system is likely to go below the total value of the APG(s) by using a lower price (or maybe lower price per kg.) than the produce actually is. If the bill has already exceeded the voucher value by enough though, then it won't be affected and won't fail as taking away the undervalued (by the APG voucher system) produce will still leave it thinking it is over the voucher(s) value. It is precisely shops where there is little or nothing to pay after APG(s) that will find undervalued-by-the-APG system produce causes the "Value not met" problem. This is what it seems now to me to be - it all fits with the system operating this somewhat faulty way.

You could add a carrier bag if you are spending the exact, or nearly exact, amount of your voucher(s) and are buying loose fruit/veg. for example in the shop (any variable weight stuff). If you are not buying variable weight items, you can use vouchers of the exact value as they, it seems, will work (as long as someone hasn't used them before, a situation I would therefore never encounter).

I don't think it is anything to do with milk formula or other "non-qualifying", or supposed "non-qualifying", items, although I do not know if they give a different problem.

If only the staff had been trained, they could have made us aware of exactly what the problem was rather than offering various explanations, none of which have been correct. It could be that A itself doesn't know that this issue exists within its system and therefore that is why it hasn't been able to inform its staff so that they know what's causing the problem and how to deal with it. This is assuming that we now have identified the exact cause, which I think we probably have.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-10-2017 at 12:39 AM.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 4th Oct 17, 12:26 AM
    • 1,956 Posts
    • 20,718 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Wontwo
    Today is the new Wontwo day, remember to check about 9am
    • rockyrose
    • By rockyrose 4th Oct 17, 12:42 AM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 14,958 Thanks
    rockyrose
    COS Knight cider back on again, scroll down the page, 2 days, free-1 stop
    NI FEIDIR ACH LE DIA BREITHIUNAS A DHEANAMH ORM
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,388Posts Today

7,799Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin