Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,300Posts
    • 35,015Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1101
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 8:07 PM
    • 19,898 Posts
    • 255,807 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Evening peeps.

I remember someone mentioned last week that they checked an APG, but when they later went to print it, the voucher price was lower than earlier.

Just got back from A's and an even stranger thing happened. I picked up a couple of wombles yesterday dated 2nd, and tonight I printed them off. I had one for £1.43. The SA scanned them all no problem, 6 in total. When she totaled the transaction, it rejected the £1.43 and lowered it to £1.17!! All the others were fine. SA who helps out in the cash office said she'd never seen that before!

Has anyone else had this happen?
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    All the time. I very often get a voucher, every third transaction or so, that appears to take itself off, but then gets voided and then takes off a lower amount and thinks it is a lower value than what it says. They are always a few pence short of what they should be. I mentioned it last night, if not then not long ago. I am surprised by the difference that yours was though - 26p which is a bit higher than mine fail to give - could the number of vouchers you have used on the shop be a clue, that somehow it is giving a higher shortfall because more vouchers have been used and taking a few pence away from each - I suspect not, as surely all of the vouchers would then fail? If I use three vouchers, one of them may fail and give 9p, 12p, some random figure of that order less than what it says. I am just trying to work out why the values of how much lower it takes off are the seemingly random values that they are; i.e. why 9p less? It's not as if there are any non-qualifying items like milk formula or a plastic bag that relate to this failed difference - my shops are generally entirely grocery items and not even had a 9p banana then 9p fail but 12p instead or no item worth 12p on my shop when I've had 12p less come back. The values don't seem to relate to anything and seem to be random.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-10-2017 at 8:11 PM.
    M list - posts 22772-3 (page 570 on 40 posts).
    Buy in M/Tvs M - post 22982 (page 575 on 40 posts).
    SP list - now page 548, posts 21900-21903.
    For my reference: was previously page 535 (21371).
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    • 19,898 Posts
    • 255,807 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Multiple times, but usually only by a few pence.
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Not just me then. It is a regular occurrence and a few pence is no good - the vouchers should give the value they state. I think it just increases the risk of some staff member refusing my voucher and wrongly accusing me of fraud. I do not want that when it is their system that has the wrong value in it - I see the comps. on the screen, the value of the voucher, I claim it and print it off, with the same value. Get to the store only to find out that random one (not possible to predict in advance which ones are going to fail and which will work) was a different random value.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 3rd Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 14,586 Posts
    • 226,626 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Evening peeps.

I remember someone mentioned last week that they checked an APG, but when they later went to print it, the voucher price was lower than earlier.

Just got back from A's and an even stranger thing happened. I picked up a couple of wombles yesterday dated 2nd, and tonight I printed them off. I had one for £1.43. The SA scanned them all no problem, 6 in total. When she totaled the transaction, it rejected the £1.43 and lowered it to £1.17!! All the others were fine. SA who helps out in the cash office said she'd never seen that before!

Has anyone else had this happen?
    happened to me at least 6 times. in the last 6 months.
    cant quite remember, but is that the scenario where it says "value not met"

i think it only happens IF your paying almost the whole amount with apg's eg leaving only a few pence to pay. i did find one item that triggered it though. so avoid it if paying almost all with apgs
    Last edited by zippydooda; 03-10-2017 at 8:25 PM.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 3rd Oct 17, 8:22 PM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 33,666 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Not just me then. It is a regular occurrence and a few pence is no good - the vouchers should give the value they state. I think it just increases the risk of some staff member refusing my voucher and wrongly accusing me of fraud. I do not want that when it is their system that has the wrong value in it - I see the comps. on the screen, the value of the voucher, I claim it and print it off, with the same value. Get to the store only to find out that random one (not possible to predict in advance which ones are going to fail and which will work) was a different random value.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Another anomaly which crops up often is after the vouchers have been entered it goes into the decline section (right) of the split screen just before payment. Don't accept the decline.
    Go back and re-scan both APG and receipt and it now works !!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 3rd Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    • 2,030 Posts
    • 19,140 Thanks
    curl girl
    Matty, glad you got the nappies!
    I thought they were a bargain, I wish the discounters had been around when my son was born, I spent a ridiculous amount as a young muggle!
    I prefer the wipes than huggies and at £1.29 for a 4 pack a mega bargain.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 8:28 PM
    • 51,129 Posts
    • 585,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside
    Mcvities family circle biscuits buy 1 get 1 FREE at TESCO £4
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-3 st 11 lb week 28
    • gocat
    • By gocat 3rd Oct 17, 8:29 PM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 54,248 Thanks
    gocat
    Is it possible to do the sun lif3 if done before and if so how long a gap is best to leave e.g. how many months etc .
    tia
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 3rd Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 14,586 Posts
    • 226,626 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    im sure its getting lowered because the system thinks you have items that cost less than the apg amount.
    i found in a few of my shops, it was fish sold in packets by weight. which i thought mucked things up. would be ok im sure if we left something more to pay. but i feel the 3 peeps that just confirmed this problem, all only pay pence for their shops
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 3rd Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    • 14,586 Posts
    • 226,626 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Another anomaly which crops up often is after the vouchers have been entered it goes into the decline section (right) of the split screen just before payment. Don't accept the decline.
    Go back and re-scan both APG and receipt and it now works !!
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    can you still scan on ss
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 3rd Oct 17, 8:38 PM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 93,464 Thanks
    scamps1966
    im sure its getting lowered because the system thinks you have items that cost less than the apg amount.
    i found in a few of my shops, it was fish sold in packets by weight. which i thought mucked things up. would be ok im sure if we left something more to pay. but i feel the 3 peeps that just confirmed this problem, all only pay pence for their shops
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    That might explain it! I got 4 packs of woopsied fish from the fish bar. I still had £8 odd to pay.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 19,898 Posts
    • 255,807 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    happened to me at least 6 times. in the last 6 months.
    cant quite remember, but is that the scenario where it says "value not met"

i think it only happens IF your paying almost the whole amount with apg's eg leaving only a few pence to pay. i did find one item that triggered it though. so avoid it if paying almost all with apgs
    Nearly every shop for me then.

What is the trigger item by any chance? Loose banana? If so, that's all my shops caught by it! I've had the problem double figures times.

EDIT: I don't get fish by weight, so it's not that. I do get other items, bananas, loose carrot weighed though - maybe they are the problem? I don't get them on every shop [I know this contradicts what I have said above but I was just exaggerating - it wasn't literally all my shops, but nearly so!] so maybe the ones I haven't bought loose items on are the successful ones? Typical if we can't buy loose fruit/veg. - and is the problem where we have weighed them on the weighing machines or weighed them at the till/SS, or is it both? I don't want to have more to pay.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-10-2017 at 8:58 PM.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 3rd Oct 17, 8:49 PM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 54,248 Thanks
    gocat
    My OH just said to me he found this article about wombling that I might be interested in, as if I know nothing about wombling
    But then I got to think, was the term wombling as in collecting receipts from outside A's coined on a elite thread and is now used all over social media?
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 19,898 Posts
    • 255,807 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I mentioned that before. But if you haven't spent enough, the final voucher should just alter its amount to the amount left to pay and then be taken as fully redeemed. Perhaps loose fruit or veg., even though it has a different charged price, is coming back each as if it were 1p or something. So the BC of whatever the various ones are when you price them yourself at the machine - the system thinks you have spent 1p on them so is calculating the bill as lower than it really is (and then the problem of the voucher being converted to less than its actual value in order to cash off the shop - except that it isn't cashing off the shop, covering its full bill, because it has cheaper prices per kg. than the real prices in it for loose produce). My last shop with 17p in loose carrots (intended to bring it to the right amount for my vouchers) failed with 12p less on the final voucher. So it thought the carrots were 5p. I should have put my carrots back and got a 5p carrot if it was going to do that thing, instead of leaving me something to pay. But, if I had replaced the carrots with a 5p carrot, I wonder if the final voucher, if tried again, would then come back even less value and need me to take more off the carrot again. It clearly isn't coming back with the BC of loose carrots as being 1p. 17p-12p = 5p. Maybe the value it thinks the loose item is is itself priced by weight - in other words the APG voucher system, somehow, has a much cheaper price for loose produce in it that it uses instead of the real price that the SS/till uses that is the actual price of them.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-10-2017 at 8:55 PM.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 3rd Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    • 14,586 Posts
    • 226,626 Thanks
    zippydooda
    That might explain it! I got 4 packs of woopsied fish from the fish bar. I still had £8 odd to pay.
    hmmm thats squashed my thoughts
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 3rd Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    • 6,811 Posts
    • 55,093 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Are the dream mocs gone now?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    • 51,129 Posts
    • 585,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morrisons Wonky Vegetables Selection Box for £1! 4.2kg worth of veg for a £1! SPECIAL DEAL FOR A FEW DAYS ONLY (ONLINE ONLY)
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Oct 17, 9:03 PM
    • 34,073 Posts
    • 450,490 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just had a fabulous whoopsie run

I never get meat as I can't be on with the queues but I think there might have been some changes since I last visited this store.

An assistant just kept popping out with trays of stuff. Everything 10p. She was obviously avoiding the "regulars"
    She walked right up to me and asked me to take what I wanted before everyone spotted her.
    She kept coming out of different doors with different trays. It was such fun. People were chasing her right left and centre. I had to stop myself giggling

Anyway I've took some pics but I need to eat and watch Dr Stalker first.....
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 3rd Oct 17, 9:07 PM
    • 14,586 Posts
    • 226,626 Thanks
    zippydooda
    My OH just said to me he found this article about wombling that I might be interested in, as if I know nothing about wombling
    But then I got to think, was the term wombling as in collecting receipts from outside A's coined on a elite thread and is now used all over social media?
    Originally posted by gocat
    i also thought that
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 3rd Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 93,464 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Womble for Savvy.

A v M

1x Kinder Surprise Egg (each) £0.80 £0.60
    1x Cravendale Skimmed Milk (2l) £1.50 £1.60
    1x Big Milk Enriched Fresh Whole Milk Age 1-5 (2l) £1.50 £1.75
    1x Cauldron 6 Vegan Sausages (300g) £2.25 £2.25
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Maris Piper Potatoes (2.5kg) £1.89 £1.65
    1x ASDA 4 Quarter Pounder Beef Burgers (454g) £2.85 £2.24
    1x Aunt Bessie's 2 Giant Yorkshires (230g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Richmond 12 Skinless Pork Sausages (319g) £1.95 £1.60
    1x Richmond 12 Thick Pork Sausages (681g) £2.00 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £16.24 £15.69
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 51,129 Posts
    • 585,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just had a fabulous whoopsie run

I never get meat as I can't be on with the queues but I think there might have been some changes since I last visited this store.

An assistant just kept popping out with trays of stuff. Everything 10p. She was obviously avoiding the "regulars"
    She walked right up to me and asked me to take what I wanted before everyone spotted her.
    She kept coming out of different doors with different trays. It was such fun. People were chasing her right left and centre. I had to stop myself giggling

Anyway I've took some pics but I need to eat and watch Dr Stalker first.....
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    well done
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

128Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin