Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,309Posts
    • 35,041Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1099
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 3rd Oct 17, 4:32 PM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 57,735 Thanks
    LEJC
    Pjran posted the link to the cinema screenings for tomorrow evening earlier this morning on the freebies thread.
    post no 10.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5606097

looks as if tickets are still available at quite a few cineworlds if you have one near.
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 3rd Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    • 16,785 Posts
    • 194,923 Thanks
    mhoc
    Free Yushoi snack on Shopium from Selected stores
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    Sainsburys is supposed to be be one of the selected stores - I expect though that it might be like the Gu dessert wild goose chase
    I am near another Sainsbobs tommorow so I suppose I've got and go and at least look.
    The trouble is Sainsbobs is one end of the town and where I need to be is the other end - including the Marks sale iif there is anything left of it.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 3rd Oct 17, 4:46 PM
    • 16,785 Posts
    • 194,923 Thanks
    mhoc
    Pjran posted the link to the cinema screenings for tomorrow evening earlier this morning on the freebies thread.
    post no 10.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5606097

looks as if tickets are still available at quite a few cineworlds if you have one near.
    Originally posted by LEJC
    ta for this. I used to subscribe to this link but I must have fallen off the list - not that we actually have a local chain cinema with regular previews but I like to know what I am missing.
    I think Cheshiire Oaks is our nearest big cinema about 45 mins away.
    Over the last 4 years I think we have been to 2 previews - very rarely they are put on at the Odeon at Festival Park Hanley on a Sunday morning which is 20 mins up the D road on a good day
    Last edited by mhoc; 03-10-2017 at 5:04 PM.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 3rd Oct 17, 4:54 PM
    • 2,769 Posts
    • 33,714 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Sainsburys is supposed to be be one of the selected stores - I expect though that it might be like the Gu dessert wild goose chase
    I am near another Sainsbobs tommorow so I suppose I've got and go and at least look.
    The trouble is Sainsbobs is one end of the town and where I need to be is the other end - including the Marks sale iif there is anything left of it.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Had my GUs last night, the mango/passion fruit one was very very yummy, but they're quite small.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 3rd Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    • 6,486 Posts
    • 85,279 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Well my old friends at Morphy R have just confirmed they are sending me something to test.....

I got all excited,then read the email to find out it's yet another steam generator.

That's all they ever send...I've had 5 now!

I guess beggars can't be choosers but it would be nice to test something else...I remember when I signed up a few years ago they asked what products I used and I said I really wanted a kettle!
    Originally posted by LEJC
    I will test it for your, if your sick of them I loved my steam generator but it blew up, that was a freebie tester one, never purchased one as sooo expensive and I get through them like cooked dinners
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January
    222.5 February
    218.80 March
    290.10 April
    248.49 May
    130.73 June
    220.51 July
    162.39 August
    311.97 September

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 3rd Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    tpwl66
    What do you eat/like in general?
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Hi Di, morning either have two slices wholemeal toast with eggs & low fat Heinz bean or overnight oats with fig raspberries or strawberries, sometime with kiwi in all depend what I've got in the fridge, may have apple banana,some kind of fruit, then I'll have for dinner chicken or 5% mince with rocket salad or veg, normal veg added like garlic mushroom peppers onions, all different veg, sometimes I'll have a couple of three sin bars you get from SW, feel right in a rut, I've been so good just not loosing, only 13lb sd since third week of July! It's slowed down to no loss! What am I doing wrong? x
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 3rd Oct 17, 5:01 PM
    • 16,785 Posts
    • 194,923 Thanks
    mhoc
    If anyone is in Birmingham city centre on October 11th and wants a Harvey Nics beauty evening - it says tickets are £10 but it comes up at £11.51 - but its redeemable against purchases so if you are about to buy a beauty product anyway it is a reasonably cheap night out .
    Also free fizz

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-evening-of-beauty-with-harvey-nichols-tickets-38492074832?aff=eshot&mc_eid=f26c74bb87&mc_cid=34d 1a3893d

With luxury treatments available across brands including Fenty, Nars and Hourglass, live music and complimentary drinks, you won’t want to miss it!

Here’s what you can expect:

•Experience mini-makeovers and treatments from Environ, YSL and more!

•Discover tips and tricks from the beauty experts at Sisley and Caudalie

•Enjoy complimentary fizz and live entertainment

•Receive a gift with purchase on certain brands

Tickets are just £10, which is redeemable against purchases on the night. Get your tickets now as places are limited!

Might be other Harvey Nics as well on other nights???

Its a Wednesday evening and I think Pizza express has good discount codes via email update on Wednesdays and then there is a Piture and Piano somewhere around the mailbox as well
    So a fairly cheap night out
    Last edited by mhoc; 03-10-2017 at 5:45 PM.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 3rd Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    • 5,173 Posts
    • 53,497 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Free leaky loo strip

http://www.unitedutilities.com/watertight
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 3rd Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    tpwl66
    Sorry to hear this

Yes cheaper not to by it

Have a few speed days,, do you eat much speed?
    Come and visit us of here, all welcome
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5704797
    I use thighs take the sin off.Then i use a's smart price instant mash, mustard powder, garlic granules, black pepper, paprika and cumin, just chuck it in a bowl with the mash, 2 eggs beaten, roll chicken n egg then in miixture, put on a greased baking tray(fry light) then spray chickenwith frylight, turn over half way through cooking yummy kfc
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Ohhhh! That sounds really nice, I actually like smash! Lots of people hate it but I lurve it!
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 3rd Oct 17, 5:06 PM
    • 3,364 Posts
    • 31,462 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Di are you doing it on your own or group?
    Going to a group I always went to before the B.C..
    Hi Di, morning either have two slices wholemeal toast with eggs & low fat Heinz bean or overnight oats with fig raspberries or strawberries, sometime with kiwi in all depend what I've got in the fridge, may have apple banana,some kind of fruit, then I'll have for dinner chicken or 5% mince with rocket salad or veg, normal veg added like garlic mushroom peppers onions, all different veg, sometimes I'll have a couple of three sin bars you get from SW, feel right in a rut, I've been so good just not loosing, only 13lb sd since third week of July! It's slowed down to no loss! What am I doing wrong? x
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    We're off to walk the dog I'll reply properly later...... what do you use your syns on.........do you measure your oats, bread etc, how do you make your garlic mushrooms, how many bananas do you eat and do you have grapes they are a few of the things I avoid and the hi fi bars are you having them as a he or as extra syns?
    Froctober £50 £27.85
    NSD 12/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 3.5lb
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 5:11 PM
    • 19,966 Posts
    • 256,279 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Aunt-Bessies-2-Banoffee-Cheesecakes/354518011?dnr=y

"We are currently sourcing detailed information for this product."

Well I can tell you precisely where it is - it's in your store showing 50p RTC. Along with Knickerbocker Glory and Black Forest Gateaux, also saying 50p RTC each.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Aunt-Bessies-2-Black-Forest-Gateaux/354517011
    "Sorry, we don't have the product information you requested at this time"

Well I do! It's in your store as I've said, 180g at 50p RTC, I know more information than you have.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Aunt-Bessies-Knickerblocker-Glory/354519011

"We are currently sourcing detailed information for this product."

The clue is there - OOS means "on RTC in store".
    M lists - post 24450+ for now (page 612).
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    My ref.: previously page 535 (21371).
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 5:14 PM
    • 51,267 Posts
    • 586,160 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    I find the more water i drink the weight i loose, have loads of spped food and cut the carbs down
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 19,966 Posts
    • 256,279 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Anyway, I know they were a bit tempting a lot tempting. This, maybe, more useful:

Birds Eye Mini Waffles (768g), allegedly £1 RTC in M. Sadly doesn't seem available in A.
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 5:16 PM
    • 51,267 Posts
    • 586,160 Thanks
    bubbs
    Going to a group I always went to before the B.C..

We're off to walk the dog I'll reply properly later...... what do you use your syns on.........do you measure your oats, bread etc, how do you make your garlic mushrooms, how many bananas do you eat and do you have grapes they are a few of the things I avoid and the hi fi bars are you having them as a he or as extra syns?
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I admire people like tweets that do from home i couldnt i need the discipline to get weighed at group
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 5:17 PM
    • 19,966 Posts
    • 256,279 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Yes, I thought so - even working with products I don't have now.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Aunt-Bessies-Raspberry-Bakewell-Sponge-Hot-Puds-2-Pack/344805011?parentContainer=BOP_

This is going to be 50p RTC in store, wherever it may be...
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 3rd Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 5,173 Posts
    • 53,497 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    FarmFoods

Walkers Variety Box - 40 packs - £3.99

Heinz beans/soups 6-packs, 2 packs for £5
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74

• scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 3rd Oct 17, 5:32 PM
    • 5,360 Posts
    • 93,466 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Afternoon peeps.

Free Rituals foam bath worth £8.50.

Free instore or £2.99 delivered.

http://www.latestfreestuff.co.uk/
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 3rd Oct 17, 5:42 PM
    • 16,785 Posts
    • 194,923 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon peeps.

Free Rituals foam bath worth £8.50.

Free instore or £2.99 delivered.

http://www.latestfreestuff.co.uk/
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    big thank you - seems to be big department stores like Debenhams and John Lewis
    • MKS
    • By MKS 3rd Oct 17, 5:52 PM
    • 9,677 Posts
    • 147,938 Thanks
    MKS
    Bumped into LS today, pulled up at asda when i was nipping in and she was beside me
    She say hello everyone but just dosent have time to come on here anymore
    Main thing, is she happy? xx
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 3rd Oct 17, 5:52 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    Come and visit us of here, all welcome

Afternoon all.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,321Posts Today

7,260Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin