Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,307Posts
    • 35,034Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1098
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 3rd Oct 17, 3:19 PM
    • 3,361 Posts
    • 31,428 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Afternoon lovely peeps :. Bubbs. Was wandering if you could send me you SW recipe for KFC please? Don't know what I'm doing wrong but haven't had a weight loss for three weeks now. Wasn't even going to get weighed in on Saturday but went last minute, I'm following all day every day! Exept a bottle of wine twice over three weeks! It's so slowwwww! Well done on your loss Bubbs & Di, any suggestions to get me loosing a few lbs , desperate now! Xx
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    What do you eat/like in general?
    Froctober £50 £27.85
    NSD 10/31
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 3.5lb
    • gocat
    • By gocat 3rd Oct 17, 3:25 PM
    • 4,933 Posts
    • 54,292 Thanks
    gocat
    Thought you had returned the items?

Afternoon peeps.
    Cold.........
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I did as customer service lady gave me wrong advise. I would have kept them otherwise but she was telling me not all items are in the TBG, so I asked for a refund on the crisps as I didnt want 10 packets of synful crisps that havent worked out free after all. Still had bought other items that I kept which compared against A's e.g. dream milk. So anyway their fault
    • locarr
    • By locarr 3rd Oct 17, 3:35 PM
    • 7,791 Posts
    • 138,110 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon ALL!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:37 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    I think it would be really hard to snap a Polo.

They say you can't break a fresh egg in one hand by squeeezing it either. Well none of us can
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    You cant break an from the upright postions(or lying down before anyone says it ) you can break one with your hands sideways on, learnt that when worked at the egg farm
    Yes, probably more one for the men of the forum...and Bubbs any ladies with a really firm grip

An easier one for you TM, those envelopes, the self sealing ones, when you open them along the glue line, they give off a blue neon sort of light. Has to be really dark though.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Leave me alone

Good morning.
    I was in Ts yesterday and saw a Phillips Actifry @£24.50, we looked at it and what bothered me was the size of it and having to house it. Dd was trying to convince me to buy it and I was tempted, we walked up the next aisle and there was the same model, boxed @£169 which made me more interested. I had a £3 off £30 which was the decider and I made lovely syn free chips in it last night.
    Does anyone have any ideas to share as to what else I can cook in it, bubbs I wondered about the kfc but it may be a bit messy.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I only ever cook chips in mine had it about 10 yrs as well but you can take the paddle out and cook chicken and all sorts, google it alot about it on SW forums
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:40 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good morning all

Di Well done on the actifry and the weight lose You and bubbs are both amazing

I could have gone to T's last night for the tortillas but resisted

I forgot about the Sainsburys promotion so may juggle my figures depending on what is on cashback plus on offer. I have the remains of a gift card I bought with a discount about Easter time so will use that It is really cheating but I love a good "risk gamble"

Enjoy your day
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Thanks
    DD1 came in with her boyfriend one night after a few drinks. For some reason he decided to show her that he could juggle - using three eggs from the fridge. He didn't manage one catch And yes, they do break easily when they hit the floor! I was so not amused
    Originally posted by Busylizzie
    They break when you drop a stack of 6 x 30 trays as well and make a right mess
    you could take the paddle out and turn the chicken halfway. I always make them that way in my actifry and they're even more dleicious than from the oven
    Originally posted by sirbaksiu
    Snap, might try that then, well actually i cant as always do chips with kfc
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 3rd Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    • 1,606 Posts
    • 25,245 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Free Yushoi snack on Shopium from Selected stores
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 3rd Oct 17, 3:44 PM
    • 2,489 Posts
    • 37,718 Thanks
    wendyak
    You cant break an from the upright postions(or lying down before anyone says it ) you can break one with your hands sideways on, learnt that when worked at the egg farm
    Originally posted by bubbs

my DGD came running in with three in her hands today, she is barely two and we acted delighted but quickly relieved her of them - looks like we might need a lock on the nest box.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:48 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs

That Sister has found the secondary cancer in her neck has returned.
    This has actually shaken her to reestablish contact with her Consultant

She gave the well water & green slurry smoothies a go. Unfortunately they have not worked
    Now she is looking in to if she can have laser treatment on her tongue cancer via her Consultant.
    If not she has said she may have the Chemo radio therapy, a bit late but it is her decision
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Sorry to hear this
    Is it me or has butter gone through the roof of late ?
    Originally posted by pepper77
    Yes cheaper not to by it
    Afternoon lovely peeps :. Bubbs. Was wandering if you could send me you SW recipe for KFC please? Don't know what I'm doing wrong but haven't had a weight loss for three weeks now. Wasn't even going to get weighed in on Saturday but went last minute, I'm following all day every day! Exept a bottle of wine twice over three weeks! It's so slowwwww! Well done on your loss Bubbs & Di, any suggestions to get me loosing a few lbs , desperate now! Xx
    Originally posted by tpwl66
    Have a few speed days,, do you eat much speed?
    Come and visit us of here, all welcome
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5704797
    I use thighs take the sin off.Then i use a's smart price instant mash, mustard powder, garlic granules, black pepper, paprika and cumin, just chuck it in a bowl with the mash, 2 eggs beaten, roll chicken n egg then in miixture, put on a greased baking tray(fry light) then spray chickenwith frylight, turn over half way through cooking yummy kfc
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:49 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    my DGD came running in with three in her hands today, she is barely two and we acted delighted but quickly relieved her of them - looks like we might need a lock on the nest box.
    Originally posted by wendyak
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:50 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    afternoon all, caught up now but just need to get veg ready
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:51 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    Di are you doing it on your own or group?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 3rd Oct 17, 3:51 PM
    • 9,210 Posts
    • 57,731 Thanks
    LEJC
    Well my old friends at Morphy R have just confirmed they are sending me something to test.....

I got all excited,then read the email to find out it's yet another steam generator.

That's all they ever send...I've had 5 now!

I guess beggars can't be choosers but it would be nice to test something else...I remember when I signed up a few years ago they asked what products I used and I said I really wanted a kettle!
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:52 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    Bumped into LS today, pulled up at asda when i was nipping in and she was beside me
    She say hello everyone but just dosent have time to come on here anymore
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:53 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well my old friends at Morphy R have just confirmed they are sending me something to test.....

I got all excited,then read the email to find out it's yet another steam generator.

That's all they ever send...I've had 5 now!
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Jammy devil
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 3rd Oct 17, 3:55 PM
    • 9,210 Posts
    • 57,731 Thanks
    LEJC
    do you know what Bubbs...I think of you everytime I open my cupboard and see them all stacked there...I guess I nearly have as many irons now as you had hair dryers!

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 3rd Oct 17, 3:57 PM
    • 9,210 Posts
    • 57,731 Thanks
    LEJC
    Bumped into LS today, pulled up at asda when i was nipping in and she was beside me
    She say hello everyone but just dosent have time to come on here anymore
    Originally posted by bubbs
    hope she's well.....is she wedding planning or are they having a long engagement and just enjoying the moment?

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 3rd Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 6,816 Posts
    • 55,135 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Yes, it's the Norton Security Deluxe, with Bonus Norton Utilities. It's the Utilities you need to Clean the Third Party Software.

Last time I had the Utilities it stayed on the computer for years until the computer broke, unlike the Security which only lasts a year. Old Utilities would not load onto new lappy, told me it was Out of Date.
    Hoping this one does the same, but is only 6 months old, so don't know yet.

Bought it from Curry's on special offer, of course, for less than the price, of the basic Norton Security online renewal price.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    saversue, is it just the third party software option you click to clean? or do you clean some/any of the other options?

I managed to get hold of utilities 16, but it's not working for me.. just wondered if I'm doing something wrong or maybe I should give up.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    do you know what Bubbs...I think of you everytime I open my cupboard and see them all stacked there...I guess I nearly have as many irons now as you had hair dryers!
    i ike them they are the best irons
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 4:03 PM
    • 51,200 Posts
    • 585,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    hope she's well.....is she wedding planning or are they having a long engagement and just enjoying the moment?
    Yes she is really well and looks really well, she couldnt believe how much i had lost
    They have just sold her hoouse, his sold earlier in the year and buying a new one
    Think they are marrying next year
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 3rd Oct 17, 4:21 PM
    • 14,591 Posts
    • 226,661 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Check your emails for SFF

Just managed to get 2 tickets to Poole Cineworld for preview of "Breathe" tomorrow night.

Sorry no link it said exclusive link to me in email and now I've done it says already redeemed when I click again. All the cinemas were available when I looked incl. Poole, Weymouth, Bristol, Swindon to name a few. Guessing they are all cineworld...
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Try the link in private browsing. I’m sure it’s the same for everyone then if ok pm or post the details.
    its a no from dw. tickets still available for me as well
    Last edited by zippydooda; 03-10-2017 at 5:54 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,245Posts Today

7,169Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin