Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,311Posts
    • 35,047Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1095
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 2nd Oct 17, 10:43 PM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,184 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    No, it goes very light and airy, but an alternative to putting on fruit to just using it straight from the can.

And another interesting fact, polo's spark when you snap them in the dark
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I think it would be really hard to snap a Polo.

They say you can't break a fresh egg in one hand by squeeezing it either. Well none of us can
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 2nd Oct 17, 10:44 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    I have had to buy a jacket for when I go away in Jan. I obviously have the tux and a suit but Cunard also need a jacket on none formal nights (grrr). And being a spring chicken, dont have just a 'slacks' jacket. Cant get used to it, not my cup of tea.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 2nd Oct 17, 10:45 PM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,184 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I have had to buy a jacket for when I go away in Jan. I obviously have the tux and a suit but Cunard also need a jacket on none formal nights (grrr). And being a spring chicken, dont have just a 'slacks' jacket. Cant get used to it, not my cup of tea.
    Just keep the price tag on and take it back when you get home.

Just remember not to spill your soup down it
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 2nd Oct 17, 10:46 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    I think it would be really hard to snap a Polo.

They say you can't break a fresh egg in one hand by squeeezing it either. Well none of us can
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Yes, probably more one for the men of the forum...and Bubbs any ladies with a really firm grip

An easier one for you TM, those envelopes, the self sealing ones, when you open them along the glue line, they give off a blue neon sort of light. Has to be really dark though.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 2nd Oct 17, 10:51 PM
    • 1,228 Posts
    • 15,634 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    It's a £1 just for a minute at Newcastle just to drop someone off
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 2nd Oct 17, 10:55 PM
    • 1,228 Posts
    • 15,634 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Used a 2010 jar of fajita sauce for supper, no ill affects and it tasted fine Haven't told the rest of the family though!
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 2nd Oct 17, 10:57 PM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    It is a new page!

I have tried to post at the start but posted on 21880 originally then deleted my post as it seemed to be in the middle of the page. I should have posted on 21881! I have four posts() to bring over fairly soon. It is the SP list that I am still doing but I have decided to split it into four posts, one for each competitor. I think that will be easier to read. It's already about to overflow from one post to two (way back where it still is, several pages ago) and I have a copy available in case I lose it. I can't move it into two posts over there though as the copy also needs two posts. That's coincidentally four, just to confuse you, and not related to the four that I ask your permission to seek here. Don't worry though - not four in a row right now, but soon, at the top of a later page.

By the time I've messed around with updating more it will be time to come here and start off as you'll have reached the top of a page. It's not even ready yet, I am about half way through (which sounds not very well into it but I have paused it over the last two days whilst doing my own shopping and checking all my receipts - so, shopping hopefully all done, I am now getting apace and it will be added to and finished wherever it lands).

Top of page 550 seems a good number to be given.
    M lists - post 24450+ for now (page 612).
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    My ref.: previously page 535 (21371).
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 2nd Oct 17, 10:58 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    It is a new page!
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Nope .....
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 2nd Oct 17, 11:01 PM
    • 34,162 Posts
    • 451,184 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Used a 2010 jar of fajita sauce for supper, no ill affects and it tasted fine Haven't told the rest of the family though!
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    That's ma girl
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 2nd Oct 17, 11:03 PM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Nope .....
    No, it's not now, by the time I've finished writing, you lot are already half way down the page.

Meanwhile, my idea the other day with TCB S&S was not good. I thought of trying to find a whoopsied Ryvita 250g crispbread pack. However, I notice this detail in the T&Cs that I should have picked out before:

"- The Cashback amount cannot be greater than the purchase price of the product. If the item costs less than the Cashback, no Cashback will be awarded."

So, it may only work if your reduced pack was a minimum of 50p (which would be good if you could effectively get it for "free" but better than free wouldn't happen) - reduction to 49p or below will not work, if they enforce their T&Cs.
    Partially expired version earlier: this week's new items missing - posts 22772-3 (page 570) and 22982 (page 575).
    SP list - page 548, posts 21900-21903 [A price on fish fingers not yet altered throughout; noticed kievs gone up now - not yet got round to amending].
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 2nd Oct 17, 11:08 PM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I think it's 21941 that I am looking for (and 21942,3,4) - PM me to tell me you are one before it if I don't immediately pounce (well, give me half a minute). TIA.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 02-10-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 2nd Oct 17, 11:34 PM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 195,183 Thanks
    mhoc
    Are you on the little 3 nighter just going to Hamburg and back?

My OH has a black Italian moleskin jacket he always wears on normal nights - it goes on the back if the chair if everyone else takes their jacker off or if it gets really hot
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 2nd Oct 17, 11:39 PM
    • 26,237 Posts
    • 305,234 Thanks
    davemorton
    Are you on the little 3 nighter just going to Hamburg and back?

My OH has a black Italian moleskin jacket he always wears on normal nights - it goes on the back if the chair if everyone else takes their jacker off or if it gets really hot
    Originally posted by mhoc
    The 4 nighter to Hamburg, think its just before, or just after the 3 nighter.
    Wish I had bought a black one now. Might still buy another if I cant get used to this one, or just use a suit jacket.

Dunno what to do in Hamburg, so thinking I will find a nice bar with a fire outside, and have a beer and a sausage, and also visit miniature land
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 2nd Oct 17, 11:48 PM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Yeah, Bristol is totally dodgy!!

APG's are treated differently in each store. I usually have to tell the SA's how they work, even the managers!!

They ought to know me by now.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    I now think (yes only now) that it depends on the individual member of staff. They each have their own approach and there is no consistency. I get different supervisors giving different answers to the SAs when called over. I got that "Value not met" message on one of my vouchers again today - which I always hope doesn't give them an excuse to say the voucher is invalid and been used before, when it hasn't. I did get that once, not with a "Value not met" but another time and had to pay cash instead of the voucher - I tried it several times and it didn't work - turned out, when I managed to spend it the next time I shopped, I was typing in the code from the wrong receipt.

I keep having, every third shop or so, a random voucher that thinks its value is something else, usually a few random pence short and bearing no resemblance to anything bought that would explain why it was lower than its face value by that specific amount. I was told the SS machines didn't work if the shop was being bought outright with zero left to pay. That's clearly not right though as I have vouchers to pay outright on SS on other occasions and they all go through with no problem. There's no reason for it, except the system sometimes gets a different value for the voucher than what it says. The SA said they'd take the shop to a till and, if the voucher didn't go through, I'd have to pay cash for the shop if I wanted it. The voucher went through - at 11p less than what it said. So I ended up just paying the 11p to save the bother of having the entire voucher rejected and having the pay the lot or go home on a wasted journey with no money to pay for the shop.

Sometimes SAs (after supervisor) put them through as manufacturer's coupons, sometimes they take off the remaining amount as a manufacturer's coupon and sometimes they cash it off as if it went through.

My SA another time was fine taking my over £10 voucher - only for it to go through at 8p less than what it said. It was a busy Saturday, I'd already messed about trying to find items for the shop as the store was OOS of a couple of things I wanted and then miscalculated and still had more to spend - at the end of that (the shop unbelievably actually worked), I just said for the sake of a £10 voucher, I'd rather just pay the 8p.

Anyway, I got "Value not met" earlier today, as I mentioned at the start of this post about fifteen years ago, on one of my vouchers - the SA called the supervisor, who pondered and pondered over the shop, before eventually saying (thank goodness for that!) just put it through as a coupon if we can't work out why it didn't go through. I think it tried to take off 10p less than owed. I was so glad that I had gone to a staffed till rather than try the SS machines on that only to have one voucher fail and the whole lot require staff approval anyway. I'm fed up with SS machines, it's actually easier to go through the staffed till (if I pick my tills carefully).

I did have one voucher refused a while back when it didn't go through - I had one person say it must have been used before and they refused to take it. I've never used that store when they have been there ever since. Apparently, it's only my vouchers that ever have this problem, of coming back with a different value, according to one of the SAs another time. My "favourite SA" is no problem though - they say they always have this problem of them not going through correctly.

Some of the staff may be in our favour anyway (though I have problems working out people's intentions - did they really mean it?, did they not? - I have no idea - didn't seem to be a sarcastic tone to me but how can I tell?!?) - they told me they thought it was a "good idea" to pick up receipts and then getting your shopping for free. Wish I knew if that meant I could enthusiastically go to them every time now or whether they were having a joke with me.

I don't know if "Value not met" means the voucher thinks it is worth more than what it says and that therefore I ought to be buying more items on the shop and the voucher covering them all - I wouldn't know what value it wanted though, if so, and would probably end up vastly overshooting its unstated value and paying. (Also, if you are spending too little though, then the voucher should simply cover the whole bill you actually have, turn its value into the actual bill of your shop and be taken to be redeemed in full - that's what the T&Cs say and that's what I've had on the very rare occasion that I've had a low-value voucher annoyingly 1p more than an item I want to buy - the machine should simply accept it as full payment for the item and you then just lose the 1p.)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-10-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 12:19 AM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Everyone's going to bed though aren't they? And I won't get post no. 21941 or whatever number I can't calculate this late at night. I'd just go for 21900 or 21901 if that's top of page.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 12:23 AM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Just as an excuse to get me there, can anyone see this item on a.com? Not that I am going to buy it; wouldn't be surprised if the beggars have taken it off a.com or made it unavailable so as not to compare it.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Flipbalm - Creamy Coconut

50p 50p / Lip Balm

• £4.99
      £3.69

• £4.75

• £4.99

• £4.99
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 12:28 AM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I'm actually trying a Sains comp. - in fact, it's proving easier now that I have a list of half the SP items that should compare best vs Sains. - those difficult to find items - I've now already got quickly to half-way to the eight items total, usually takes me ages to find anything that doesn't lose out.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 12:32 AM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I bet there's no-one here (someone just post to say "I am here", then I'll be done) as all those lights on are just people leaving their computer connected during the night. People switching off as well though - good night TrulyMadly!

The next part of this post (excluding the square bracketed explanation) was actually its own separate post on 21900. However, true to form, I have brought it forward to here now so that it no longer lives up to its name:

Alright, filler.

(I'm too impatient, too fed up.) [Was trying to get number of posts to 21901 originally, then realised it didn't even go on a new page - so, given up on that, and just brought whole lot forward to begin, easier to remember, on 21900.]

I had a "filler" on one of the receipts earlier. Except that it had seven other different items (they bought three packets of crisps all the same to cut it down for me) and it wasn't - it didn't count so not enough items. Hopeless - they had some expensive cereal that would have compared a bit cheaper elsewhere and another couple of items cheaper everywhere else too. Three packs of crisps are the worst option as they miss out T's mbuy number and end up with one for T at full price.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-10-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 12:36 AM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    The explanation as to how these lists work will follow later - they are half-complete at the moment. Basically I would just buy the items that are best against each store, as some of the ones that aren't could still see you overpaying quite a bit. For example, if A has put the price of its SP item up significantly, buying SP Oven Chips at 99p against W, even though it gives N/A and doesn't lose from the APG - items that lose meaning that, if you buy items like that, eventually you will get no APG - you miss out (as at the last few days) on comp. vs M at 75p. Some of the N/As could see you getting the item for significantly more cost than it would be from a competitor that has the equivalent product, and N/As can be worse than even comparisons against other competitors that aren't the best comp. but do have an equivalent item - for example A is cheaper but not by 10% against some of those, but would still give a few pence (maybe) on the APG, whereas the N/A competitor gives nowt. Unless you are in Northern Ireland, Oven Chips are Avs M 75p. Putting them on W N/A (unless you are a colleague discount card user) is worse than comparing against T's price increased 99p price for 10% off that! (And would you normally compare against a price increase?) Would just be best to buy items against the best place to get full 10% off if there's a place that's price matched rather than having A cheaper but merely not 10% on the item, and then pick another item instead that is price matched at your competitor rather than one on which they (your competitor) are more expensive than the best competitor. And for W pick items that are N/A across the board (for the reason that W is N/A on all SP items, due to having no equivalent range) as items that aren't N/A everywhere have a competitor you can compare against and, usually, get 10% rather than W's neutral nil-return. Or else A is at least 10% cheaper than every comparable place, in which case W would be an excellent shop to use (assuming that A's price itself is good value - these lists don't always consider this matter, that's for you to take into account)

I've probably given the explanation now.

Once the lists are done - I have got all four stores' websites open as I can't assume msm is correct - it will be easier, won't it?, to change the odd item around if prices change rather than building a list from scratch - although quite when and how, or if, I will be able to keep track of M's items and prices I have no idea.

Look at the list for the competitor you are buying against, but if the item isn't in the "best against this competitor" category, then you do need to look at the other lists (for the other competitors) too. Smoked Gammon Rounds for instance is believed to be probably N/A across the board; however there may be a comp. against M on Unsmoked version, which, if it were to turn out that there is, could only be got by buying against M.

Notice SP Corn Flakes gone up in price. May be a GC opp. if anyone still finds 38p SEL in their A. May now (just about) still be vs T 40p but price everywhere has risen recently before and M gone AWOL from around 25p and now going up again - A now 45p, so if you are getting them for 45p, don't put them against W or M N/A and definitely not against Sains against even higher 65p!

The above lists are just what "should" be the case or what is believed (by me) to be the case. If you notice any differences in the actual APG, please do let me know. Not every SP item is here, even of the first part of the alphabet - some of the more ridiculous IMO ones at prices I'd never, these days, pay are not included. SP Frozen Chicken Breast Fillets 1kg at over £3.80 are not going to be here - Farmfoods had what now seems a rare offer period of 2 for £5 on theirs earlier in the year, sadly no more, which, at £2.50 each, has made 3 for £10s ever since seem expensive. Given that 1kg fillets are available regularly at Aldi/Lidl for - now almost same expensive - £3.33, the £3.80+ at major supermarkets isn't a good option IMO now. I have sometimes included A SP though in some cases where non-comparable competitor items can be better value than buying at A.

[Edit: If a product is fairly low value, for example 34p, and costs same elsewhere that has an equivalent, it may be okay on N/A as only "losing" about 3p in 10%. However, if an item is £1.50, especially if it is significantly cheaper at another competitor, then putting it onto £1.50 vs N/A will lose a more significant amount in 10% cheaper than somewhere else that you didn't compare against.]

The mini-M list on post 21114 may - just about - with whatever probably minor changes occurred instore in M yesterday - continue from the update expected today until whenever Wednesday coming's data is in the system, plus add to 21114 the items mentioned under "best" in the SP list vs M above (not yet complete), plus Original Source 250mls on 2 for £2 and the Simple wipes on £1.50.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-10-2017 at 6:16 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Oct 17, 12:37 AM
    • 19,982 Posts
    • 256,414 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    SP items
    I can't guarantee this is correct - it is to the best of my knowledge. In particular, the items that are marked N/A against non-W stores can be a bit tricky as it's not always easy to tell that items really don't exist at competitors - they could in theory be somewhere other than my location and I don't know if there is something that might be picked up.

Vs M - not available Northern Ireland
    Best comp. against M (may also appear against another rival at same price)
    ASDA Farm Stores Seedless Grapes (500g)£1.25 £1.25
    ASDA Farm Stores Smoked Gammon Rounds (2 per pack - 250g)£1.10 N/A
    ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Gammon Rounds (2 per pack - 250g)£1.10 N/A I think M has changed to Market Deals - no longer Savers: if so, and if the price collectors are as strict as me, this now means N/A vs everywhere and therefore all comps. now "best".
    ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Streaky Bacon (275g)£1.04 £1.04 Possibly N/A these days as seemed to be going out of M six months ago
    ASDA Pickled Onions in Spirit Vinegar (440g)30p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice 15L Pedal Bin Liners (80)79p N/A (M is 100 pack)
    ASDA Smartprice 45L Swing Bin Liners (40)70p N/A (M 50 pack, much more expensive equivalent price)
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans & Sausages in Tomato Sauce (405g)41p 40p
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g)23p 24p
    ASDA Smartprice Batter Mix (128g)15p N/A Seems may have dropped off vs T.
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Lasagne (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g)36p 39p As T is probably N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Bitter (4x440ml)90p £1.00 I hope. Not that I am confident that I would put this against M - I would prefer to play safe with N/A vs W.
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Burger (8 per pack - 456g)97p 97p
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Nuggets (20 per pack - 320g)79p 72p
    ASDA Smartprice Broccoli (1Kg)90p 90p
    ASDA Smartprice Butter - Salted (250g)£1.40 £1.35 This is a lot more expensive than what it was.
    ASDA Smartprice Cheese & Tomato Pizza (268g)60p 65p
    ASDA Smartprice Cheesy Spread (200g)64p 64p But I don't think as cheap as it was.
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Curry & Rice (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Flavour Instant Noodles (65g)20p 20p
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Portions (1Kg)£1.60 N/A Or Sains Basics works out at same price per kg but having to buy 2.5kg.
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Roll (400g)96p 92p Vs S was cheaper at one time when S were discontinuing their version.
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Chip Cookies (250g)40p 40.217391...p Assuming it round down (might make M technically worse than T if multiple purchases are bought that takes it up a penny per approx. five) - not much enthusiastic about cookies after M had 10p RTC on other cookies ages ago.
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Ices (8x57ml)72p 70p
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (400g)80p 80p
    ASDA Smartprice Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g)29p 30p (NB Peeled Plum vs S 25p)
    ASDA Smartprice Chunky Chicken Breast Chunks (240g)£2.00 £2.00
    ASDA Smartprice Cold Water Prawns - Cooked & Peeled (200g)£2.00 £2.00
    ASDA Smartprice Concentrated Fabric Softener - 42 Washes (1.47L)66p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cooked Ham (400g)£1.49 £1.55
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Cheese (300g)64p 64p
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Pie (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Cream of Chicken Soup (400g)25p 24p
    ASDA Smartprice Crisps - Ready Salted (12x18g)66p 66p
    ASDA Smartprice Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g)65p 65p
    ASDA Smartprice Dark Chocolate Bar (100g)30p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Digestive Bar - Milk Chocolate (20 per pack - 380g)£1.33 £1.33
    ASDA Smartprice Dip Selection (500g)£1.40 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Dish Cloths (5)73p 74p
    ASDA Smartprice Disinfectant Pine (1L)30p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Dried Mixed Herbs (18g)37p 25p
    ASDA Smartprice Dusters (5)68p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Economy Beef Burgers (8 per pack - 397g)£1.35 £1.18
    ASDA Smartprice English Mustard (200g)34p 24.86486...p
    ASDA Smartprice Fish Pie (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Fish Fingers (10 per pack - 250g)65p 65p
    ASDA Smartprice Food Bags Medium (100)90p £1.00 Actually M is Small but APG was last seen comparing - doesn't matter anyway as neutral on APG.
    ASDA Smartprice Fragrance Free Baby Wipes (80)50p 51.11111...p
    ASDA Smartprice Frozen Garlic Baguette (170g)41p N/A M has 150g at 37p but it is outside of the weight range
    ASDA Smartprice Fry or Oven Chips (1.5Kg)99p 75p
    ASDA Smartprice Garden Peas in Water (300g)21p 21p
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Breads (2 per pack - 340g)65p 68p
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Chicken Kievs (2 per pack - 250g)88p 88p
    ASDA Smartprice Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice (120g)25p 25p
    ASDA Smartprice Grapefruit Pieces in Light Syrup (540g)53p N/A If this doesn't compare against S
    ASDA Smartprice Grated Cheddar (500g)£2.50 £2.50 Sadly M has followed (or maybe it led) A up to £2.50
    ASDA Smartprice Gravy Granules for Meat Dishes (200g)20p 20p
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Coffee Granules (100g)78p 78p
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Custard Mix (70g)19p 15p
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Hot Chocolate (400g)75p 68p
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Mash Potato (120g)29p 28p
    ASDA Smartprice Jaffa Cakes (12 per pack - 135g)31p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Kitchen Towel (2)£1.27 N/A Probably doesn't compare against S £1?
    ASDA Smartprice Large Pork Pies (4 per pack - 440g)£1.10 £1.05 Was comparing against M at £1 earlier in the week.
    ASDA Smartprice Lemon Curd (411g)39p 22p
    ASDA Smartprice Lemon Toilet Cleaner (750ml)27p 27p
    ASDA Smartprice Long Grain Rice (1Kg)45p 42p
    ASDA Smartprice Macaroni Cheese (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Mayonnaise (500g)40p 41p
    ASDA Smartprice Meatballs in Gravy (380g)47p N/A You need in Tomato Sauce vs M 40p.
    ASDA Smartprice Meatballs in Tomato Sauce (380g)47p 40p
    ASDA Smartprice Mild Curry Sauce (440g)28p 23p
    ASDA Smartprice Milk Chocolate Bar (100g)30p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Minced Beef & Onion Pies (4 per pack - 480g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Minced Beef & Vegetable Pasty (150g)30p N/A If this doesn't compare against T.
    ASDA Smartprice Mint Sauce (165g)34p 25.45714...p
    ASDA Smartprice Mixed Weight Eggs (6)70p 70p
    ASDA Smartprice Mozzarella (125g)47p 47p
    ASDA Smartprice Muesli (1Kg)£1.18 £1.18
    ASDA Smartprice Multi Purpose Cloths (10)35p N/A Now that it seems T is N/A.
    ASDA Smartprice Mushy Peas (300g)20p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Noodle Snack Chicken & Mushroom (70g)35p 35p
    ASDA Smartprice Orange Marmalade Medium Cut (454g)27p 27p
    ASDA Smartprice Passata (500g)35p 35p Was better before vs some better mbuy pricing (expired).
    ASDA Smartprice Pasta & Sauce Cheese & Broccoli (110g)22p N/A I think N/A vs M as M's does not have Broccoli in it.
    ASDA Smartprice Pasta Shapes (500g)32p N/A If this doesn't compare against T - but, if this is so, Lidl would be cheaper.
    ASDA Smartprice Peas (1Kg)76p N/A Unfortunately this does not compare against M ('should' be 75.55555...p M in my view). However, this is now best vs M as it should compare unfavourably against T, the only other competitor with a product within weight.
    ASDA Smartprice Pine Rim Block20p 20p
    ASDA Smartprice Pork Luncheon Meat (250g)70p 71p
    ASDA Smartprice Porridge Oats (1Kg)75p 75p
    ASDA Smartprice Processed Peas (300g)25p 25p If it compares against M's Savers Marrowfat Peas.
    ASDA Smartprice Raspberry Ripple Mousse (6 per pack - 600ml)69p N/A M is 8 pack (800ml) at 88p.
    ASDA Smartprice Ready to Serve Custard (385g)25p 17p
    ASDA Smartprice Refuse Sacks 75L Flush Top (45)£1.07 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Rice Pudding (400g)20p 18p
    ASDA Smartprice Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix (85g)19p 15p
    ASDA Smartprice Sausage Mash & Gravy (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Sausage Roll (8 per pack - 480g)£1.10 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Sausage Rolls (50 per pack - 700g)88p 88p
    ASDA Smartprice Sausages (20 per pack - 907g)99p 99.7p
    ASDA Smartprice Sliced Carrots in Water (300g)20p 20p
    ASDA Smartprice Soft Cheese (300g)74p N/A M's at 52p unfortunately is 200g.
    ASDA Smartprice Soft Spread (1Kg)£1.35 £1.35
    ASDA Smartprice Soya UHT - Unsweetened (1L)59p 59p
    ASDA Smartprice Spaghetti (500g)23p 20p
    ASDA Smartprice Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce (395g)19p 16p
    ASDA Smartprice Spaghetti Loops in Tomato Sauce (395g)14p 15.414634...p
    ASDA Smartprice Sponge Mix (227g)22p 21.806167...p
    ASDA Smartprice Sponge Scourers (8)40p N/A This is what appears now - 'best' vs everywhere, N/A, if T has stopped having them online.
    ASDA Smartprice Stewed Steak (392g)£1.37 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Strawberry Flavoured Cranberry Muesli Bars (6x23g)70p N/A I think M's equivalent is all but gone in M unless some store lost some in the back warehouse and may be found somewhere maybe at the back of an RTC shelf untouched for months.
    ASDA Smartprice Strawberry Jam (454g)28p 28p
    ASDA Smartprice Sweet & Sour Sauce (440g)34p 26p
    ASDA Smartprice Sweet Pickle (290g)34p 24p Not really gone for this since standard range pickle of larger weight went onto RTC in M years ago.
    ASDA Smartprice Sweetcorn (1Kg)£1.10 £1.08
    ASDA Smartprice Sweetcorn in Water (326g)35p 35p
    ASDA Smartprice Thin Bleach (2L)28p 28p
    ASDA Smartprice Tissues White (225)65p 64.712389...p
    ASDA Smartprice Toffee (250g)33p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Tomato Soup (400g)25p 24p
    ASDA Smartprice Vegetable Soup (400g)25p 24p
    ASDA Smartprice Washing Up Liquid (500ml)40p 34p
    ASDA Smartprice Wheat Bisks (24x18g)69p 75p
    ASDA Smartprice White Toilet Tissue (12)£1.98 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Wrapping Film (300mm x 60m)60p 60p
    ASDA Smartprice Wrapping Foil (290mm x 20m)65p 67p

Items that should not subtract from the APG but are not best against this store
    ASDA Farm Stores Apples (500g)80p N/A Compares against T 85p as at 1/10. May be able to get reduced price at A, in which case this then is best against M and should not be against T.
    ASDA Smartprice Battered Fish Portions (4 per pack - 400g)85p N/A I think M no longer have equivalent, so should be Avs T.
    ASDA Smartprice Caramel Wafers (5 per pack - 85g)40p N/A - TBC: may be moved to avoid.
    ASDA Smartprice Cheese & Onion Pasty (150g)30p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken & Vegetable Instant Soup (4 per pack - 88g)30p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Paste (75g)25p N/A May be best vs M (along with T) if I am wrong in thinking M no longer has its equivalent.
    ASDA Smartprice Cola Low Calorie (2L)17p N/A Should be best vs M but not been comparing on the APG - may have been OOS in the collection stores.
    ASDA Smartprice Cornflakes (500g)45p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Dishwasher Tablets (30)£1.60 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Egg & Salad Cream Filler (220g)£1.00 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Ham & Beef Paste (75g)25p N/A May be best vs M (along with T) if I am wrong in thinking M no longer has its equivalent.
    ASDA Smartprice Irish Stew Mutton with Potatoes, Carrots & Peas (392g)59p N/A I can no longer find Savers Irish Stew in M and believe that M no longer has it - careful though as several tinned meat products at M are much more expensive than A.
    ASDA Smartprice Lard (250g)39p 42p
    ASDA Smartprice Lemonade (2L)17p N/A N/A vs M last time seen.
    ASDA Smartprice Minced Beef & Vegetable Pasty (150g)30p N/A Whenever this chooses to compare against T.
    ASDA Smartprice Mixed Vegetables (1Kg)82p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Mixed Weight Eggs (15)£1.19 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Nappy Bags (300)35p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Pasta Shapes (500g)32p N/A This hasn't compared against M for quite some time, when the price collectors seemed to start to regard M's item as non-comparable. May be 'best' vs M if T is also N/A; however Lidl is cheaper if that is the case.
    ASDA Smartprice Peeled Plum Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g)29p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Pineapple Pieces in Light Syrup (565g)64p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Processed Peas (300g)25p N/A Might compare against Savers Marrowfat Peas so could make M best comp. (along with S - S seems more likely to work but I can also envisage M 25p and S N/A).
    ASDA Smartprice Sliced Mushrooms in Salted Water (285g)38p N/A M's at 41p is standard range not "value" range.
    ASDA Smartprice Soft Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream (2L)92p 95p
    ASDA Smartprice Sparkling Water (2L)17p 18p
    ASDA Smartprice Still Water (2L)17p 18p
    ASDA Smartprice Tea Bags (40)25p N/A M is 50p for 80.
    ASDA Smartprice Tomato & Onion Pasta & Sauce (110g)20p N/A This does not compare against M - 'should' be 22p.
    ASDA Smartprice UHT Skimmed Milk (1L)57p 57p
    ASDA Smartprice Wafer Thin Cooked Ham (400g)£1.50 £1.55
    ASDA Smartprice Yorkshire Puddings (15 per pack - 230g)50p N/A Sadly this does not compare against M's product at 48p.

Avoid - items that lose money on the APG
    ASDA Smartprice All Purpose Liquid Cleaner (1L)25p 50p
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken & Vegetable Curry - Mild (392g)53p 69.387755...p
    ASDA Smartprice Chilli Con Carne (392g)55p 98p
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate & Nut Muesli Bars (6x23g)70p 81.047619p McVities snack bars were 50p in M (price now highly likely expired).
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate Mousse (6x60g)30p 50p
    ASDA Smartprice Chunky Chicken in White Sauce (392g)53p 98p
    ASDA Smartprice Coleslaw (300g)30p 34p
    ASDA Smartprice Corned Beef (340g)£1.47 £1.67
    ASDA Smartprice Fromage Frais - Fruit (6x55g)42p 55p
    ASDA Smartprice Greek Style Salad Cheese (200g)75p 84p Very slight loss - however may be neutral if only one pack is bought and if the comparable bill results in rounding up to the nearest penny on the shop
    ASDA Smartprice Low Fat Natural Yogurt (500g)45p 55p
    ASDA Smartprice Maize Snacks - Mixed (12x16g)59p 66p I think this should compare against 59p; however it was recently picking up 66p for M which is the price of the Variety Pack Crisps.
    ASDA Smartprice Maxi Towels (10)23p 28p Are these even on a.com and counting as items? Can't see them there at the moment.
    ASDA Smartprice Minced Beef & Onion (392g)79p £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Peach Slices in Light Syrup (411g)33p 40p
    ASDA Smartprice Soap Filled Pads (15)42p 50p
    ASDA Smartprice White Toilet Tissue (6)£1.00 £2.00 Sadly this compares against M's double size rolls.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 08-10-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

2,177Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin