Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    • 12,304Posts
    • 35,030Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 16th Jun 16, 8:32 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 16th Jun 16 at 8:32 PM

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.

Last edited by redfox; 30-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Page 1089
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 51,170 Posts
    • 585,547 Thanks
    bubbs
    GHD V Gold Mini Styler now £75.65 with code / GHD V gold max styler £97.75 with code + FREE next day delivery @ Fabled
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Oct 17, 4:59 PM
    • 51,170 Posts
    • 585,547 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oooh, clean hair and clean toilets!!
    That's got me started for shopping tomorrow, thanks.
    Originally posted by pippo
    Yes and tea to drink after
    Think they finish in waities tomorrow so dont hang about
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • altojack
    • By altojack 2nd Oct 17, 4:59 PM
    • 9,154 Posts
    • 122,339 Thanks
    altojack
    You aree welcome, i tested one of each and then went back for the assorted 10 that was left of the 2 flavours

Hi AJ
    Are you feeling any better?
    Very windy here now too
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Hi bubbs, I'm not too bad thanks. Bl00dy cold now though wind is getting worse, all washing dried and safely brought indoors

You're doing well on you're weight loss, is that Haslet SW or normal please? I love haslet
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 159
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • pippo
    • By pippo 2nd Oct 17, 5:01 PM
    • 2,851 Posts
    • 28,508 Thanks
    pippo
    How many of each can I buy for COS please? I can only see when I claim now and don't know how many I can buy

TIA
    Originally posted by redfraggle
    Not on my COS
    Never mind, the previously mentioned 'baby' sitting was made much more pleasant as this nanna had many bags of popcorn!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost £9.24
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 2nd Oct 17, 5:04 PM
    • 16,764 Posts
    • 194,801 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon all.

On the minus side OH ordered 20 bags of coal from the merchant and its gone up £10 this year

And if we get a cold spell later in the month it wont last long so I had to twiddle with budget sheet of annual bills

On the plus side - OH had to take his work car for its MOT this afternoon. Normally the Merc garage do it and he rang them twice on Friday. Each time they promised to ring back but they didn't, obviously not desperate enough for our custom and money.
    Instead OH booked it in with our local garage and they had no problem fitting in on Monday afternoon - £45 and only one advisory.
    Needles to say the merc garage rang this afternoon - too late. Its such a pain getting to them anyway as its not local.

The one advisory was a tiny nail just in the wall of a tyre. The local garage advised taking it to a tyre fixing place locally so OH booked it in for an hour later.
    This is a place we have not used before, hardly noticed but it is very busy, constant stream of people which is a good sign that people bring their cars back time and again to get all of the mechanical jobs done.

It turned out that it was only superfial, a little self taping screw so no new tyre needed just a bitumous filling.
    They also balanced it and the bill was only £15.

Total £60.
    I then went to update the budget chart and realised it still had the figure from last year when this care needed a service and some other massive expensive job done by the merc garage.
    New figure put in, saved £523
    So that will pay for a few coal orders.

OH is going to do his hairdressing bit so another OMG amount saved as opposed to the hairdressers - I think I have cracked frugal October already
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 2nd Oct 17, 5:10 PM
    • 18,640 Posts
    • 196,711 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Dont know what went wrong with my brand guarantee Got a few of the 2 tortillo things and more than 10 other items. Didnt get a brand match at the till. Went to customer services with my shopping and she told me not all items are in the brand match. I said its all groceries and first Ive heard of that and she said its up to head office to decide what's in the brand match. So got the tortillo things refunded Rest of my shopping was dream milk paid for with vouchers, WW bread for shopimum, 3 different flavours of dog food for CoS , various fruit and salad. Think I worked out it was 16 different items.
    Just tried to check my shop on the TBG site and says my results are not ready yet
    Originally posted by gocat
    Put the details into the brand match site, sometimes there is a problem and it doesn't go through to the till.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • gocat
    • By gocat 2nd Oct 17, 5:11 PM
    • 4,927 Posts
    • 54,266 Thanks
    gocat
    Not on my COS
    Never mind, the previously mentioned 'baby' sitting was made much more pleasant as this nanna had many bags of popcorn!
    Hi , click on claims and u shold see them there . But means you have to buy them today hth
    • pippo
    • By pippo 2nd Oct 17, 5:11 PM
    • 2,851 Posts
    • 28,508 Thanks
    pippo
    Afternoon all.

On the minus side OH ordered 20 bags of coal from the merchant and its gone up £10 this year

And if we get a cold spell later in the month it wont last long so I had to twiddle with budget sheet of annual bills

On the plus side - OH had to take his work car for its MOT this afternoon. Normally the Merc garage do it and he rang them twice on Friday. Each time they promised to ring back but they didn't, obviously not desperate enough for our custom and money.
    Instead OH booked it in with our local garage and they had no problem fitting in on Monday afternoon - £45 and only one advisory.
    Needles to say the merc garage rang this afternoon - too late. Its such a pain getting to them anyway as its not local.

The one advisory was a tiny nail just in the wall of a tyre. The local garage advised taking it to a tyre fixing place locally so OH booked it in for an hour later.
    This is a place we have not used before, hardly noticed but it is very busy, constant stream of people which is a good sign that people bring their cars back time and again to get all of the mechanical jobs done.

It turned out that it was only superfial, a little self taping screw so no new tyre needed just a bitumous filling.
    They also balanced it and the bill was only £15.

Total £60.
    I then went to update the budget chart and realised it still had the figure from last year when this care needed a service and some other massive expensive job done by the merc garage.
    New figure put in, saved £523
    So that will pay for a few coal orders.

OH is going to do his hairdressing bit so another OMG amount saved as opposed to the hairdressers - I think I have cracked frugal October already
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Blinking heck mhoc, do you have a spreadsheet for everything? I so wish I was so organised!!
    I won't scrimp on hairdressing though, did in the past and ended up with with bright orange hair, plus I'm not sure that I trust Mr Pops with scissors!!!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 2nd Oct 17, 5:12 PM
    • 4,927 Posts
    • 54,266 Thanks
    gocat
    Put the details into the brand match site, sometimes there is a problem and it doesn't go through to the till.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Yes trying that but says results not ready yet. But if I do get a brand match that way, how do I claim the money back. Wont get it for the tortillas now but should get some for the dream milk.
    tia

ETA is it normal for the TBG site to say "Sorry, your results aren't ready yet" or are they normally there pretty quickly. Its 2 hours since I shopped.
    Last edited by gocat; 02-10-2017 at 5:15 PM.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 2nd Oct 17, 5:12 PM
    • 2,851 Posts
    • 28,508 Thanks
    pippo
    Hi , click on claims and u shold see them there . But means you have to buy them today hth
    Thanks but too late, I've opened the wine!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 2nd Oct 17, 5:17 PM
    • 4,927 Posts
    • 54,266 Thanks
    gocat
    Thanks but too late, I've opened the wine!
    bit early isnt it
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 51,170 Posts
    • 585,547 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi bubbs, I'm not too bad thanks. Bl00dy cold now though wind is getting worse, all washing dried and safely brought indoors

You're doing well on you're weight loss, is that Haslet SW or normal please? I love haslet
    Originally posted by altojack
    It has turned cold, we have just put the heating on
    Thankyou, its a normal recipe but ok for SW x
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 2nd Oct 17, 5:22 PM
    • 2,764 Posts
    • 33,685 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Dont know what went wrong with my brand guarantee Got a few of the 2 tortillo things and more than 10 other items. Didnt get a brand match at the till. Went to customer services with my shopping and she told me not all items are in the brand match. I said its all groceries and first Ive heard of that and she said its up to head office to decide what's in the brand match. So got the tortillo things refunded Rest of my shopping was dream milk paid for with vouchers, WW bread for shopimum, 3 different flavours of dog food for CoS , various fruit and salad. Think I worked out it was 16 different items.
    Just tried to check my shop on the TBG site and says my results are not ready yet
    You did buy Manomasa and not Tostitos ?
    • gocat
    • By gocat 2nd Oct 17, 5:24 PM
    • 4,927 Posts
    • 54,266 Thanks
    gocat
    You did buy Manomasa and not Tostitos ?
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    No was Manomasa. I saw the Tositos ones there as well, so was careful to get the right ones.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Oct 17, 5:24 PM
    • 51,170 Posts
    • 585,547 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yes trying that but says results not ready yet. But if I do get a brand match that way, how do I claim the money back. Wont get it for the tortillas now but should get some for the dream milk.
    tia

ETA is it normal for the TBG site to say "Sorry, your results aren't ready yet" or are they normally there pretty quickly. Its 2 hours since I shopped.
    I never get results for BG when i put them in and cant try now as chucked receipt as paid out
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 2nd Oct 17, 5:39 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 627 Thanks
    pepper77
    Oooh, clean hair and clean toilets!!
    That's got me started for shopping tomorrow, thanks.
    Aussie v. Waities
    Offer finishes 3/10/2017 in waities
    • altojack
    • By altojack 2nd Oct 17, 5:52 PM
    • 9,154 Posts
    • 122,339 Thanks
    altojack
    . Peaky Blinders coming on soon . AND there's going to be a Series 5
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 159
    In 52 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 2nd Oct 17, 6:05 PM
    • 14,529 Posts
    • 244,053 Thanks
    Snap-ant

I couldn't give blood - tester drop didn't sink 3 times she tried
    I've had to have blood taken & they will write to me with results.
    Fingers crossed it's just a lack of iron, will eat liver tomorrow

Then I went for an eye test & they were trying to force bifocals on me I had enough problems when I bought them before

Then my third bad luck is my friend who I was trying to track down before - died last night suddenly ♥
    Bless you Paddy The beat goes on
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 2nd Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 16,764 Posts
    • 194,801 Thanks
    mhoc
    Blinking heck mhoc, do you have a spreadsheet for everything? I so wish I was so organised!!
    I won't scrimp on hairdressing though, did in the past and ended up with with bright orange hair, plus I'm not sure that I trust Mr Pops with scissors!!!
    Yes a spreadsheet for everything - I even have a new one for Try Me Frees
    Excels are my attempt to try and enforce some sense of order and calm into the chaotic world
    But possibly not as accurate as I thought - I might need a rainy afternoon to check everything again.

We have a limited supply of hairdressers around here and all hideously expensive. OH was doing the odd roots touch up about once a month until my former hairdresser just vanished into thin air ... long story. So now OH is my official hairdresser with the odd trip to get a good trim every few months ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 2nd Oct 17, 6:08 PM
    • 1,228 Posts
    • 15,634 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    HEATHROW AIRPORT DEALS
    Free parking for up to two hours at Heathrow and Gatwick and 1 hour at Stansted airports with with shuttlebus service. Other airports in main post
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thank you. Where will I find this information, please bubbs? Hoping there will be some deal for Manchester.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,817Posts Today

7,319Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin