Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • oddies
    • By oddies 30th May 17, 11:15 AM
    • 9,883Posts
    • 169,434Thanks
    oddies
    0 WOW
    BreKfree and tattershall lakes nightmare any advice please
    • 30th May 17, 11:15 AM
    0 WOW
    BreKfree and tattershall lakes nightmare any advice please 30th May 17 at 11:15 AM
    Hello everyone
    I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction or give me some advice please. Been having a real nightmare between breakfree £10 holidays and tattershall lakes. I booked my break on the 3rd of may booking was for 9th - 13th oct breakfree did not send the booking till yesterday even though I have been back and forth between breakfree and tattershall via phone and email for the last 3 weeks trying to sort this holiday out ( nobody could find my booking. I rang again yesterday and after about an hour they got my booking I had already paid the £40 plus booking free £3 they have now said to upgrade to a superior caravan ( which I had the same caravan back in last week of April at the same park ) they want to charge me another £86 plus the £40 I have already paid. They won't budge saying the prices have gone up. I am trying to cancel but they have given me no guarantee I will get my £40 back. I am waiting on the email but I am not holding my breath on them refunding me. Could anyone give me some advise I feel breakfree should have sent the details just after the time of booking but I can get neither breakfree or tattershall to admit on admin mistakes or who's fault this is. Thank you very much everyone I shall await your kindest regards oddies. X x
    2016 Jan Wins: 9ct white Gold Diamond Necklace £530.00, Doro Easy phone. April: Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg. May: £1,000 spend @ laredoute. June: Alton towers family Ticket & In the Night Garden Toy.
Page 1
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 30th May 17, 6:28 PM
    • 18,391 Posts
    • 15,269 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 30th May 17, 6:28 PM
    • 30th May 17, 6:28 PM
    Might be an idea to get this thread moved to the consumer rights board.

Ask a board guide to do that.
    • artichoke
    • By artichoke 12th Jun 17, 12:30 PM
    • 1,683 Posts
    • 3,200 Thanks
    artichoke
    • 12th Jun 17, 12:30 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 12:30 PM
    so you paid £40 for a standard caravan on the BreakFree website.

You do not want a standard van and want to upgrade.
    The holiday park want to charge you an extra £86 to upgrade to a better van...

what is the problem? If the price of the upgrade is too much why can't you stay in the standard van that you originally booked?

It always says that these holidays are not refundable if you cancel.

or are you saying there are no standard vans available and they are saying you MUST upgrade and pay extra?

Art
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 12th Jun 17, 12:58 PM
    • 3,275 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 12th Jun 17, 12:58 PM
    • 12th Jun 17, 12:58 PM
    What difference has the 3week delay made?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,413Posts Today

8,099Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A year of fighting to break the link between mental illness and money problems... https://t.co/LXgjxdv36O

• Today's twitter poll: Is Conservative pact with DUP necessary for stable govt during the crucial Brexit time, or should it've stayed alone?

• RT @thisismoney: First cash machine was used 50 years ago today: 50 facts you never knew about ATMs https://t.co/nh5kqb5Ml5

• Follow Martin