Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 29th May 17, 8:55 PM
    • 7,879Posts
    • 13,262Thanks
    Dreamnine
    My date stood me up and her phone just goes to voicemail
    • 29th May 17, 8:55 PM
    My date stood me up and her phone just goes to voicemail 29th May 17 at 8:55 PM
    A little bit peeved. I had a date set up at a restaurant/bar for 7pm and she never turned up. I was left drinking lime and soda for half-an-hour then I came home.

She is not answering her phone. We had one previous date together and I thought things went well, just in a friendly manner with no hints or any expectations of romance.
Page 4
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 7th Jul 17, 8:49 PM
    • 10,961 Posts
    • 14,269 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Strangley girls?

You keep weird company if you go out with strangley girls.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Or maybe:

If I'd been a bit more organised, I could have been watching them live at The Godiva Festival, but didn't feel like going out as it's too humid.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 7th Jul 17, 8:57 PM
    • 10,961 Posts
    • 14,269 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Why do people post personal things like this.

Just wondered.

Ok it's the internet. but still.

I am sure there are other sites for this kind of dating trauma.

But having said that, it has happened to many of us. Well it has happened to me. And I got over it. After years of trauma. LOL.
    Originally posted by melanzana
    This is the Marriage, Relationships & Families board.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 8th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    • 7,879 Posts
    • 13,262 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    You realise there may be something about you that she just can't stand? That she managed to be civil through the first date but really isn't interested?

Some of these posts sound very entitled - 'you deserve better', 'kind of rude', 'not worth the effort'. Maybe she was thinking exactly the same about you.

She doesn't have to text, she doesn't have to explain. She doesn't owe you anything.
    Originally posted by trailingspouse
    Have since seen/gone out with her since the OP.
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 8th Jul 17, 6:27 PM
    • 933 Posts
    • 2,046 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Originally posted by Dreamnine
    Which is not what you said a week ago.

* just saying *
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 8th Jul 17, 6:46 PM
    • 7,879 Posts
    • 13,262 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Which is not what you said a week ago.

* just saying *
    Originally posted by IAmWales
    Quote me what I said a week ago; I'm not dating but do see my friends.

Just saying.
    • Ash Mc
    • By Ash Mc 9th Jul 17, 12:50 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 253 Thanks
    Ash Mc
    Good for you, Ash.. people need to understand that not every single person here breathes MSE. Some actually have real life business to deal with... so a delayed response is well within the realms.
    Originally posted by DannyBo
    Thanks Danny. I think regardless of the time between the post and my reply, I made a pretty valid point. I've spoken in this very thread in defence of the same guy who shocked me with his comment. It seems a bit strange that people will find fault with me for responding to a post outside of their time frame but not give their opinion on the post, or the fact that it's been left there for four weeks so the man obviously meant what he said.

But c'est la vie.

I hope you're keeping well x
    • DannyBo
    • By DannyBo 12th Jul 17, 9:21 PM
    • 4,690 Posts
    • 10,057 Thanks
    DannyBo
    Thanks Danny. I think regardless of the time between the post and my reply, I made a pretty valid point. I've spoken in this very thread in defence of the same guy who shocked me with his comment. It seems a bit strange that people will find fault with me for responding to a post outside of their time frame but not give their opinion on the post, or the fact that it's been left there for four weeks so the man obviously meant what he said.

But c'est la vie.

I hope you're keeping well x
    Originally posted by Ash Mc
    I'm keeping very well, thanks xx

Yes, C'est la vie indeed.... perhaps an overview for some... best sticking to outside hobbies like thee n me.

Be good x
    Turn your car around.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 14th Jul 17, 8:57 AM
    • 1,317 Posts
    • 6,926 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Quote me what I said a week ago; I'm not dating but do see my friends.
    Right... so I now see two possible scenarios here:

a) you were friends; one of you tried to turn it into more than friends and it didn't quite work out and she was embarrassed/uncertain about responding to you for a while and now you've settled back to being friends. If so, hope that works out best for both of you.

b) you were acquaintances or part of a big group of friends; you wanted it to be more than friends and she didn't aka you got friendzoned. That happens to many of us and you have to decide if you are OK with that.

Or possibly the phrases "Seeing someone", "going out with someone" and "dating someone" all have subtly different meanings which are different to the ones they generally had when I was doing (trying to do) them.

When those phrases have different meanings to the two (or more) people doing them with each other - then we get more threads here
    One day I'll think of something witty - Apparently I have!
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 14th Jul 17, 8:54 PM
    • 7,879 Posts
    • 13,262 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Right... so I now see two possible scenarios here:

a) you were friends; one of you tried to turn it into more than friends and it didn't quite work out and she was embarrassed/uncertain about responding to you for a while and now you've settled back to being friends. If so, hope that works out best for both of you.

b) you were acquaintances or part of a big group of friends; you wanted it to be more than friends and she didn't aka you got friendzoned. That happens to many of us and you have to decide if you are OK with that.

Or possibly the phrases "Seeing someone", "going out with someone" and "dating someone" all have subtly different meanings which are different to the ones they generally had when I was doing (trying to do) them.

When those phrases have different meanings to the two (or more) people doing them with each other - then we get more threads here
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    Read the OP - we're just friends with no expectations of anything more.
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 16th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 435 Posts
    • 853 Thanks
    SamsReturn
    Did she have a good reason why she hadn't turned up at the restaurant, or answered your call ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,401Posts Today

8,263Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin