NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Comments

• Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Terrible news today. Thoughts for everyone in London - so soon after Manchester and Westminster. Mindless violence.

Today has been a NSD so I'm at 2/12. I'm hoping I'll at least get 3 NSD in the week.

I'm grateful for my Nana today - after visiting I came Home with a chicken, multiple chicken breasts and sausages. Will massively help the food budget for this month.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 June 2017 at 7:53AM
    Evening all...

Also sending out love and light to the families and loved ones of those in London.

A spend day yesterday as spent the evening with a friend and took a bottle round, and some munchies. Today I have felt flat all day - I don't know if it's because of the news... or the awful weather - or perhaps a combination. Resisted buying take-away/dominos and used up some stuff in my fridge.

Today = NSD number 2

Today I am grateful for:
    • My health and wellbeing
    • Food, warmth and shelter
    • Time to myself
    I'm going to potter for the rest of the evening, and get in an early night. Sleep well all ;)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for reading all about you turtles and the good things you have been up to, for seeing some old friends, for sewing up some bunny arms, for 20 mins on the front garden making a difference as I pulled out the 'sticky weed' invasion, for watching the Prisoner of Azkabhan (sp?) with dd, for knitting some more of big sis' cardi, for warm sunshine and a cool breeze, for starting the day well with a workout, for dd playing with her P0lly Pocket.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Three NSDs so far. Today I spent £13.55 on food - fruit, yoghurts and sandwich meats - found another pack of wraps in the freezer and there are a couple of white barms if needed.

Tomorrow is adventuring off to the hospital (8 miles away) with mum and then staying overnight in case she has a reaction to the anaesthetic so won't be able to check in tomorrow. Repeat performance on Wednesday but here is a chance that might be cancelled if tomorrow's test tells them everything they need to know.

Yesterday's entertainment was provided by people parking big lorries on the car park and then unloading fairground rides from them. Today was our newly resurrected Carnival so very noisy. Slightly better than when I was young - a few groups had really tried with their outfits (too young to remember what it was like so channelled real carnivals) but still heavy on morris dancers (girl ones not real ones). Intolerable first ten minutes - must have been breaking sound regulations as it was far worse than the fireworks.

Today I am grateful for groups who made an effort with their costumes, for good reading material and for my freezer.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not a nsd. Treated myself, hubby and little man to a mcds icecream with £4 change I had and then mil rang and offered to treat us all to lunch out so wish I'd not bothered.

Also spent £29.99 out of our £100 monthly garden budget on a new hose as our old one had kinked and split. It's one of those expandable ones which hubby loves - like a kid with a new toy :)

Not done much exercise today, took pooch out for 15 minutes this morning but hip was hurting tonight so we skipped our evening family walk and hubby took pooch out instead.

Grateful today for:-

an unexpected sunny day
    watching little man talking to & being so affectionate with his baby cousin
    a surprise meal out with family
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ok, was thinking about sticking my head in the sand again this month already, but not this time. So I'll confess first and then try to rescue the rest of the month. Spend Fri, Sat, AND Sun. Two shops towards the Sat BBQ and Sun was weekly shop day. Spend far too much but had a great BBQ with friends. Not everyone could make it so we managed to have lunch from the leftovers and froze quite a few uncooked items for next time.

On Sun I cooked three lunches for me and the other days I'll make a fresh salad. Also did my swim today but bought a snack on the way back to office. It was a healthy chick pea salad but still not necessary.

The kids finally started liking showers over baths, that should help with the leccy/gas bill if we keep them short.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Not managed a NSD yet but have had plenty of healthy days. Its the shopping everyday that is starting to hit me. I need to plan better.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Today hasn't been a NSD as the OH declared he couldn't possibly have a BBQ without beer! So £20 spent on him (decided he'd have to test BBQ with lamb steak and burgers too! I'm just having usages I defrosted this morning.

This house is the same, no BBQ without beer. Although guilty myself to have at least one cider with a bbq. BBQ lamb steaks are fab. We usually have a big mix of home marinated chicken, lamb, burgers (HM or not), sausages, prawns, fish etc. A bit of everything....
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not a NSD as we needed milk. Have just completed over 1 hour of walking whilst doing chores which would not end! Just having a quick coffee before going to the Doctor's. I'm going to ask to have my mental health investigated as I have been doing some research and I have had an inkling, which looking back started a few years ago, that I may have Borderline Personality Disorder, but only further investigation will tell all.

Love to all on here who may have been affected by the London attacks. My brother lives in London and I found out about it on Saturday night by getting a late night text from him saying he was unaffected, nowhere near the events and not to worry. My family was lucky. So many weren't.

I am getting a bit anxious about things, which is unusual because no matter how terrible the world gets I still find I get anxious about the little things and not the big things. But I live in Cardiff and the city centre could easily be vulnerable to attack, and I am going to see Queen in Birmingham in December and I know they are hardly cutting edge, but I still am getting little thoughts of anxiety creeping into my mind about that gig and my adopted home town being under attack.

All we can do is focus on doing what we can to make the world a better place and to take one day at a time.

Sorry for going off topic :)
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Another healthy day and another NSD here. Had a little workout this morning for about 20 minutes and a 20 minute walk on my lunch break, but not counting either towards the challenge as I never really push it on a Monday - my legs are always sore after riding on a Sunday!

Nothing much else to report. Everything is ticking over atm. Am trying to keep a REALLY close eye on my unallocated spending this month as this tends to be where I trip up.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,800 as of 04/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport