Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jam1991
    • By jam1991 27th May 17, 11:39 AM
    • 69Posts
    • 13Thanks
    jam1991
    MyParkingCharge.co.uk
    • 27th May 17, 11:39 AM
    MyParkingCharge.co.uk 27th May 17 at 11:39 AM
    My partner visited Darlington yesterday. Purchased a parking ticket from the machine.
    Came back to her vehicle and found this notice on the windscreen.

When logging onto the website, the photographic evidence, shows the ticket on the dashboard. Upside down. Perhaps flipped with the breeze/closing the door. Her fault which she accepts.

The website has 3 options.
    Pay Now
    Appeal the PCN
    Enter Liable Party Details

My main question is, should I be using their portal to appeal directly now, with a photo of my valid ticket? Or is there a better way?

Thank you in advance.

Site / Location: St Cuthberts Way Car Park
    Postal Town / City: Darlington (DL1 1RP)
Page 6
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 14th Nov 17, 1:01 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    If its a mobile, just block it. Easily done. Save their no a sa contact
    If they call, tell them firmly you do NOT wish to be called any further, that you are keeping a log of all such calls, and these will form the basis for complaints to OFCOM and the ICo, and leave them and their principa liable for a breach of the Protection from harassment Act (think thats the right one...google it)
    • jam1991
    • By jam1991 24th Nov 17, 4:55 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jam1991
    Update: Response from WH via email.

We thank you for your recent email.

As we take the confidentiality of accounts very seriously and in order to comply with the Data Protection Act, we ask you to answer a few security questions before we can proceed with your query through email.

Please can you confirm:

• First line of your address
    • Postcode

Thank you for providing your full name, however we require the above information in order to proceed. If this information is not provided, we will not be able to liaise with you via email.

Please also confirm if this is a secure email to correspond with.

We are unable to correspond by email until the above detail is confirmed, if you do not wish to confirm this information via email we are able to communicate via letter.

Yours faithfully,

Jane Clarke
    Customer Assurance Team
    Wright Hassall Solicitors

T: 01926 758101
    customerassurance@wrighthassall.co.uk
    www.wrighthassall.co.uk
    • jam1991
    • By jam1991 4th Dec 17, 3:26 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jam1991
    I haven't had any further correspondence...Is this timescale normal?
    • jam1991
    • By jam1991 5th Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jam1991
    Also is there a way to find out if Court papers have been issued?
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 5th Dec 17, 12:22 PM
    • 1,756 Posts
    • 2,871 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    They would have been served on you if issued.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 5th Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    • 1,756 Posts
    • 2,871 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    reply to their stupid letter
    Dear Sirs
    Please stop asking me to confirm my identity. My name and address and postcode are clearly set out on my letters of x dates (list all letters).
    Please respond to my letter of x date, in which I asked for information and documentation relating to the asserted claim, and which your client is obliged to provide to me pursuant to paragraph 5 of the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims.

Please provide me with this information by return.

I will refer to this correspondence as an example of your client's unreasonable behaviour when I make an application for costs pursuant to Rule 27.14(2)(g) and pursuant to paragraph 16 of the Practice Direction - Pre-Action Protocol (which continues to apply, as set out in paragraph 7 of the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims).
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • jam1991
    • By jam1991 12th Dec 17, 7:34 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jam1991
    Latest Update, received this letter in the post...I really do not know how to proceed now, so would appreciate some further advice.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Dec 17, 7:38 PM
    • 51,818 Posts
    • 65,447 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I simply searched the forum for two obvious unusual words, 'financial means' and found this was covered yesterday on Dutch85's thread. No link. One search needed. Two words.

So, you do know (or can easily read about) what this is - a template letter covered lots of times, and it's best to search the forum first, before posting as if a computerised threatogram rubbish letter was specially written for your case (course it wasn't!). Please read other threads from your search, not just Dutch85's one from yesterday, as we can't keep repeating advice already given every day/week and we do need posters to undertake searches as an element of self-help along the way.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    • 15,945 Posts
    • 24,737 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Has Tim Hawker been sacked?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Dec 17, 8:57 PM
    • 51,818 Posts
    • 65,447 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Maybe Tim has morphed into Jane, like the famous DRP/Zenith 'James' and 'Claire' signatures that matched:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3829727
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• jam1991
    • By jam1991 13th Dec 17, 10:38 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jam1991
    So from the links/posts you kindly linked, I should treat this as a LBCCC?
    Is there any need for a response to it? Or just wait for the inevitable claim form?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Dec 17, 11:47 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No, this is a response to a complaint. There is no reference to court action being started.

What did the other threads say? I assume youve found them?
    • jam1991
    • By jam1991 14th Dec 17, 3:44 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    jam1991
    Had a look into the linked/mentioned threads. I can't see anything related to my scenario of the latest letter reply from WH.

Example of another response has been written by LoadsofChildren123:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73346484#post73346484
    As you kindly advised it is their response to my complaint. How do I proceed further?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 15,945 Posts
    • 24,737 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    How do I proceed further?
    There’s no prescribed ‘next step’, other than to wait and see if they make another move. Unless, that is, you want to go on the attack and invite them to issue court proceedings so you can get this in front of a judge and get it all resolved, one way or the other.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Dec 17, 12:30 AM
    • 51,818 Posts
    • 65,447 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Had a look into the linked/mentioned threads. I can't see anything related to my scenario of the latest letter reply from WH
    Originally posted by jam1991
    Really? Are you searching the forum properly?

How many search results did you get when you did an advanced search, chose 'SHOW POSTS' on this forum board only?

You did this search and found nothing?

I searched the forum for two obvious unusual words, 'financial means'...

Please read other threads from your search, not just Dutch85's one from yesterday, as we can't keep repeating advice already given every day/week and we do need posters to undertake searches as an element of self-help along the way.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

1,399Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin