Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 26th May 17, 1:09 PM
    • 953Posts
    • 256Thanks
    dave030445
    Atos Home Visit
    • 26th May 17, 1:09 PM
    Atos Home Visit 26th May 17 at 1:09 PM
    Just had my Home f2f with Atos She was a lovely English Nurse she seemed to really understand how my conditions affects me. It seemed to go really well but as ive read on these forums it can all go very wrong. Have to wait and see. I put this post in benefits and tax credits instead of here so sorry for the duplicate posts if someone can remove the other one please
Page 3
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 13th Jun 17, 3:24 AM
    • 10,974 Posts
    • 20,422 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    Update: Wife phoned up this morning and As expected standard rate for both. So getting more letters from Dr and will send of for a MR. Sorted out the car can have it for another 6 months if needed if it goes to tribunal.
    Originally posted by dave030445
    The tighter any doctor evidence is to the criteria.... i.e. the descriptors you feel should apply to you... the better. Good luck!
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 16th Jun 17, 6:50 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    Received awards letter today it is word for word what atos wrote can't see how they are called decision makers its quite laughable.
    Last edited by dave030445; 16-06-2017 at 7:41 PM.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 17th Jun 17, 12:21 AM
    • 10,974 Posts
    • 20,422 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    Received awards letter today it is word for word what atos wrote can't see how they are called decision makers its quite laughable.
    Yes I agree.... Decision Makers are seemingly all too often taking only one decision... to copy the assessment report into the format for the award letter. Frustratingly despite provocation and what I thought was an extensive, clever and comprehensive reconsideration request I couldn't jolt the second DM into doing differently. But at least you are preared with report. So I'd sit down and analyse what descriptors should apply to you and therefore whether you should get a better award. If you think you should then consider reconsideration request... focus on descriptors you feel relevant and try to evidence so... and describe in detail your difficulties. If the assessment report conflicts with what you're saying I would probably explain why/how the report is wrong.

If you do ask for reconsideration and they don't budge... then at least you probably have in place essentially the case you could put to appeal tribunal albeit in challenging the reconsidered decision. Good luck.
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 26-06-2017 at 6:24 PM.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 25th Jun 17, 12:19 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    Have I got this correct that when you ask for a MR for PIP. They wait a full 28 days from that phone call to when they start to look at the claim.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 25th Jun 17, 7:25 PM
    • 1,769 Posts
    • 1,594 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Have I got this correct that when you ask for a MR for PIP. They wait a full 28 days from that phone call to when they start to look at the claim.
    Don't think so. It all depends on how much backlog there is in your area. You'll need to put the MR request in writing and not just phone to request it.
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 25th Jun 17, 8:55 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    Don't think so. It all depends on how much backlog there is in your area. You'll need to put the MR request in writing and not just phone to request it.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    They told my wife that they wait the 28 days from the phone call to allow you time to put in any extra evidence.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 26th Jun 17, 6:23 PM
    • 10,974 Posts
    • 20,422 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    They told my wife that they wait the 28 days from the phone call to allow you time to put in any extra evidence.
    In the absence of better advice I'd agree with Poppy.... assume they could... and so get in, in writing, your reconsideration request before the 28 days are up and if you intend to get further evidence you want them to consider then tell them so in order to hopefully deter MR pending that information.
    • cantcope
    • By cantcope 27th Jun 17, 12:12 PM
    • 1,668 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    cantcope
    i had my response within a week of me sending the request off! they certainly weren't waiting around for any further evidence
    my eyes are like mirrors. They reflect whats going on around me rather than whats inside
    Original debt May 06 £16569,25th Feb 08 DEBT FREE

Last bet : 26th October 2006
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 27th Jun 17, 4:10 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    i had my response within a week of me sending the request off! they certainly weren't waiting around for any further evidence
    Originally posted by cantcope
    Yes I must get it all sent off don't want them do the MR until ive sent everything in. You think you have along time to get it in but it soon flies.
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 15th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    Received my MR letter they have given me 1 extra point for daily living taking the mickey and stayed the same for mobility needs. They have agreed that i have attacks most days but they only said they last several hours so not seen as the majority of the time. They haven't taken into account the time it takes to get over the attacks. So i now have 11 daily living and 10 mobility .
    Last edited by dave030445; 23-07-2017 at 3:29 PM.
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 15th Aug 17, 9:57 AM
    • 953 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    Hi guys quick question.
    Once an appeal has been logged is there a time limit for DWP and I to give in evidence to the appeal center.
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 17th Aug 17, 12:43 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    When you go for a appeal tribunal do they start the claim from fresh, or do they just look at the bits you think are wrong.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 17th Aug 17, 4:52 PM
    • 10,974 Posts
    • 20,422 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    When you go for a appeal tribunal do they start the claim from fresh, or do they just look at the bits you think are wrong.
    They'll look at the whole claim as their responsibility is to remake the decision you are appealing against and replace it. They likely will focus their efforts though for fact finding as they see fit and that's logically going to be on the areas of contested disability and areas where you claim to have disability.

I think you can submit evidence as late as actually on the day (present when you arrive to the tribunals building) when you attend but I'd obviously advise sending in before then.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 17-08-2017 at 5:54 PM.
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 17th Aug 17, 6:01 PM
    • 1,583 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    Ideally submissions and evidence should be with the tribunal service 10 days before the hearing date.

The panel will be reviewing if the DWP made the correct decision. Your award could go up, stay the same, or go down.

Are you getting help with the appeal?

These are useful resources:
    http://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/your-hearing/
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/547146/pip-assessment-guide.pdf Page 86 on
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 18th Aug 17, 11:46 AM
    • 953 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    Ideally submissions and evidence should be with the tribunal service 10 days before the hearing date.

The panel will be reviewing if the DWP made the correct decision. Your award could go up, stay the same, or go down.

Are you getting help with the appeal?

These are useful resources:
    http://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/your-hearing/
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/547146/pip-assessment-guide.pdf Page 86 on
    Originally posted by Alice Holt
    Hi yes the CAB are helping just waiting for a date now hope its not to long then we can get on with enjoying life it takes so much of your time and its on your mind all the time so which ever way it goes this will be the end.
    • White_musk
    • By White_musk 19th Aug 17, 8:56 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    White_musk
    @Alice Holt Is correct, you should send all evidence off in a timely fashion, however - I had my appeal this week and when I got my bag to take all the paperwork to the tribunal in, I found more evidence I had forgotten I had. The tribunal Judge happily accepted it. The DWP rep was not happy but it is what it is and I won.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,771Posts Today

5,981Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin