Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • birdmanT
    • By birdmanT 23rd May 17, 1:51 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 9Thanks
    birdmanT
    How long to set aside a CCJ
    • 23rd May 17, 1:51 PM
    How long to set aside a CCJ 23rd May 17 at 1:51 PM
    Hi everyone
    Firstly, thank you for all the brilliant information available on the forum about CCJ's and getting them set aside. I have a CCJ at my old address on my credit file. Today I submitted forms to the court to get the judgement set aside. In your experience, how long does it take the court to process this and make a decision?

Many thanks in advance
    Tom
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd May 17, 9:42 PM
    • 48,285 Posts
    • 61,766 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 23rd May 17, 9:42 PM
    • 23rd May 17, 9:42 PM
    They will arrange a hearing at your local court in the coming weeks, in June/July, which is when you have to show:

- that you acted quickly and didn't receive the court claim, hence the CCJ was not your 'fault' and you weren't given a fair chance to defend,

and

- that, given that chance to defend now, you will have good prospects of success (that's where your Witness Statement/prepared defence comes in and it MUST be good, so look at the defences in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread).

Be warned set aside usually works but not always, if ill-prepared:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=113027&st=20&start=20

That's rare but don't be like that person. Get it set aside, with thorough reasons for a defence, as most cases we see are.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 25-05-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• birdmanT
    • By birdmanT 24th May 17, 8:52 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    birdmanT
    • 24th May 17, 8:52 AM
    Thanks
    • 24th May 17, 8:52 AM
    Thanks. I'm very much looking forward to my day in court and I have followed all the brilliant advice on the forum. I wasn't expecting the court to move that quickly, but I guess £255 is a good motivator.

I'll keep everyone posted on this thread on my progress.
    • birdmanT
    • By birdmanT 31st May 17, 9:46 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    birdmanT
    • 31st May 17, 9:46 AM
    • 31st May 17, 9:46 AM
    23rd May: Form submitted to request judgement to be set aside
    30th May: Received response from Court saying the case had been transferred to my local CC
    7th July: Received date for set aside hearing
    23rd August: Set aside hearing scheduled
    Last edited by birdmanT; 07-07-2017 at 2:23 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st May 17, 5:39 PM
    • 48,285 Posts
    • 61,766 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 31st May 17, 5:39 PM
    • 31st May 17, 5:39 PM
    All 4 cases on the forum today were won by the consumer defendants, coached here. Just to give you confidence!

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 31-05-2017 at 5:56 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• birdmanT
    • By birdmanT 31st May 17, 5:52 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    birdmanT
    • 31st May 17, 5:52 PM
    • 31st May 17, 5:52 PM
    I've not won yet, but I do look forward to having my day in court. Receiving a CCJ at my previous address was quite worrying to start off with, but after lots of research on the forums I'm confident.
    • birdmanT
    • By birdmanT 7th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    birdmanT
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    Letter received from Court
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    I got a letter today saying my hearing for the set aside has been scheduled for 23rd August. I'm making progress.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,395Posts Today

9,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin