Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AG47
    • By AG47 22nd May 17, 6:39 PM
    • 614Posts
    • 147Thanks
    AG47
    Buy ethereum uk
    • 22nd May 17, 6:39 PM
    Buy ethereum uk 22nd May 17 at 6:39 PM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert:

You might like to read Martin's blog on Bitcoins. Read it here:

Bitcoin: Four things you need to know

Back to AG47's original post...

----

Where is the best place to buy ethereum in the uk?

Then to get it out into an offline wallet please?
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 01-12-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
Page 6
    • martymuls
    • By martymuls 4th Dec 17, 5:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    martymuls
    Advise required.

I have been buying ether regularly on Coinbase, however it has become apparent that If I was to decide to cash out I would encounter alot of problems as they don't operate in Sterling.

Can anyone advise me of a way I can transfer my ether from Coinbase to another wallet or something similar were I can cash out when I see fit. My lack of control in coinbase concerns me.

Thanks
    Martin
    • shover
    • By shover 4th Dec 17, 6:10 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    shover
    @martymuls It may be possible to cash out to a CurrencyFair or TransferWise account and then pull it into your sterling account.
    • markj113
    • By markj113 4th Dec 17, 8:51 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    markj113
    Advise required.

I have been buying ether regularly on Coinbase, however it has become apparent that If I was to decide to cash out I would encounter alot of problems as they don't operate in Sterling.

Can anyone advise me of a way I can transfer my ether from Coinbase to another wallet or something similar were I can cash out when I see fit. My lack of control in coinbase concerns me.

Thanks
    Martin
    Originally posted by martymuls
    Exchange Eth -> BTC

Sell BTC on localbitcoins
    • Arthur Sleepstill
    • By Arthur Sleepstill 6th Dec 17, 3:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Arthur Sleepstill
    thank you for your replies
    Reading everyones views on cryptocurrency has been interesting for me as I am completely new to this. I am however still apprehensive about purchasing any digital currency, mainly on the fact of how safe my investment would be in the event of say an EMP blast (if you believe the news theats of ww3). Does anyone know if an electronic device would be completely useless if this occured, or is this just a hollywood fantasy?
    Regards
    • fun4everyone
    • By fun4everyone 6th Dec 17, 3:30 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 1,385 Thanks
    fun4everyone
    Reading everyones views on cryptocurrency has been interesting for me as I am completely new to this. I am however still apprehensive about purchasing any digital currency, mainly on the fact of how safe my investment would be in the event of say an EMP blast (if you believe the news theats of ww3). Does anyone know if an electronic device would be completely useless if this occured, or is this just a hollywood fantasy?
    Regards
    Originally posted by Arthur Sleepstill
    You can regain access to your tokens if you lose your hardware wallet like nano s/trezor or it breaks by using the 24 word pass phrase you are given on setup.
    • Bill Benson
    • By Bill Benson 7th Dec 17, 11:17 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bill Benson
    Hello! I also struggled with Coinbase when I first started, I found that the verifcation process was a nightmare. And because of that despite having coins in my coinbase wallets it was still difficult to exchange back into pounds.
    I ended up using coinfloor to exchange coins back into fiat. I think it's pretty easy to get your head around. I haven't seen many people in this thread speaking about coinfloor, anyone got any views on it?
    • fun4everyone
    • By fun4everyone 7th Dec 17, 1:04 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 1,385 Thanks
    fun4everyone
    18 posts since 2006 and you used one of them to spam that. 10/10 for effort 0/10 for content.
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 7th Dec 17, 1:29 PM
    • 6,987 Posts
    • 12,582 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    I've been transferring all my bitcoin to a company called xxxx for the last 2-3 months and they have been returning 140% of my bitcoin, plus the rise, it didn't seem realistic at first but it's definitely working.
    Originally posted by cheap skate
    I expect early 'investors' in the schemes operated by Mr Ponzi a century ago or Mr Madoff a decade ago, thought "hmm, it doesn't seem realistic or mathematically possible I could get this return but it seems to be working so I won't raise my concerns, instead I'll encourage others to join and maybe I can get some referral money.

Many such investors ended up with embarrassing losses.
    Here's the link to xxxx if your interested and yes it is a refferal link but this is how all these companies are doing it
    If you had genuinely been using the MSE forums for a decade as the age of your account suggests you would know there's a separate referrals board for such things.
    • cheap skate
    • By cheap skate 7th Dec 17, 1:42 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    cheap skate
    I see cryptocurrency like the evoloution of the interenet, there are some say the internet was created in case of a nuclear strike because it's de-entralised and this is exactly like cryptocurrency so nobody can really control it, so I think it's here to stay!! And bitcoin will only get stronger!
    • cheap skate
    • By cheap skate 7th Dec 17, 1:56 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    cheap skate
    I must admit I thought exactly the same at first, so I did my research met some people doing it, including people I've know for a long time and it's no ponzi! Check them out yourself. I've had my initial investment returned already in 2 months, yes it is also due to the bitcoin rise but at the time I thought it had topped out. And yes I have been a member on here for over 10 years but normally don't get involved that much but this is a subject that is really sparking my interest.
    • Bill Benson
    • By Bill Benson 7th Dec 17, 4:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bill Benson
    Yeah that sounds dodgy to me. I actively trade crypto and fx and getting 140% on top of the growth sounds crazy. Either awfully risk managed or flat out lies.

Ethereum then, suddenly looks like it'll be a while before it takes bitcoins top spot. Pretty good place to buy here no? My dad wants to get involved and is asking about exchanges. I told him about coinfloor but he basically wants someone to do it for him... anyone know any that are idiot proof?
    • fun4everyone
    • By fun4everyone 7th Dec 17, 4:41 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 1,385 Thanks
    fun4everyone
    Try coinbase
    • cheap skate
    • By cheap skate 7th Dec 17, 5:57 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    cheap skate
    Like I said I know it seems too good but check it out for your self, they make money on the spread, by using their software to trade automatically and by using their new mining rigs which they have just invested 70 million into and this is without the income from their new coin. They've been trading normal currency for the last 8 years and crypto for over a year now. It's early days!!
    • jdewolf7
    • By jdewolf7 11th Dec 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jdewolf7
    Hi all,

As a MSE user for many years whose never posted thought I'd share my experience of Bitcoin from the last few months as its been more profitable than my money saving attempts and matched betting combined.

I initially bought some Bitcoin on coinbase and it has now more than doubled in value. I then tried a few investments with the profit as there are many out there that claim to make massive returns. I have now found one that I trust as I have used it for over a month and made 15% and have had no withdrawals issues, other than fees.

I am happy to be messaged if people have any questions about crytocurrencies either how to buy or how to invest and help guide them. Please note I am only using matched betting profits in the cryptocurrencies market due to the massive volatility and potential risk.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,419Posts Today

4,613Users online

Martin's Twitter