Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 22nd May 17, 5:25 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 6Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    Northern Parking Services NtK Received
    • 22nd May 17, 5:25 PM
    Northern Parking Services NtK Received 22nd May 17 at 5:25 PM
    What was the date of the parking infringement?
    14/04/2017 - 19:22 (driver noted car park was very dark)

What was the date on the Notice to Keeper (NTK)? You may think of this as the first letter you received.
    17/05/2017
    What date did you receive the NTK?
    18/05/2017

This letter wanting £100 in the next twenty eight days has arrived. from this company - ww.northernparkingservices.co.uk/court.html

If i pay by card they will also charge me £2.10 fee. The letter mentions I can appeal via their webpage or submit a further appeal to POPLA within 28 days of the date of rejection.

Somebody in government should be shutting these cowboys down. I am tempted to pay just to avoid stress and not having to appeal and possibly go to court, my time is worth more than the money but this is outrageous.

EDIT - It was at - Halfords Auto Centre, George Street, Newcastle - I'm informed some of the lights were not working and it was very dark.Take a look on google maps to see
    Last edited by UpNorthUser; 22-05-2017 at 5:50 PM.
Page 2
    • UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 17th Jun 17, 1:12 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    Putting something like this on the end:-

My own photographs of the location will show the signs compared with distance of parking bays, No signs whatsoever on outward (grass facing) view (also confirmed from NPS own photo). The colour scheme of NPS signs mimicking the business colour scheme, the obvious difference from an MOT poster which is clearly legible and the signs of NPS which are not.

- then put all my photos in and save as a PDF?

Can I also use any part of the following? They did send me an NtK

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71287626&postcount=2342
    Last edited by UpNorthUser; 17-06-2017 at 1:57 PM. Reason: additional bit of info
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jun 17, 9:48 PM
    • 49,043 Posts
    • 62,511 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think I am going to go with this excellent example and modify it by adding specifics of my case - distance from bay for the driver to a sign - colour issues etc

Would this be the right way to go?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71285691&postcount=2341
    Originally posted by UpNorthUser
    Yes, that's the template about unclear signs, so that's one point to make (usually people have 3 or 4 at least, including 'no landowner authority' template - from post #3 of the NEWBIES thread - as standard). And yes, add your own pics/specifics, as long as the wording added doesn't say who was driving.

As long as you've never said who was driving, you need to compare your NTK with Schedule 4 and point out the flaws in wording/deadline, if any (probably are some).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 29th Jun 17, 10:29 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    Just wanted to report back victory.....!!!

Here is the e-mail I got back today. I stuck very close to the excellent signage example given in the POPLA section - included plenty of photos showing the actual site and its appalling signage.

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference XXXXXXXXXX.

Northern Parking Services (North East Ltd) have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Many thanks for all the advice and help - its been great to have - thank you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jun 17, 10:46 PM
    • 49,043 Posts
    • 62,511 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hooray - well done!

I like the thought that you illustrated your appeal with pics of their appalling signage. They must have hated it and put it in the 'too difficult' pile, which you have probably gathered is the intention of our long POPLA appeals!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 29th Jun 17, 11:10 PM
    • 5,677 Posts
    • 7,333 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Just wanted to report back victory.....!!!

Here is the e-mail I got back today. I stuck very close to the excellent signage example given in the POPLA section - included plenty of photos showing the actual site and its appalling signage.

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference XXXXXXXXXX.

Northern Parking Services (North East Ltd) have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Many thanks for all the advice and help - its been great to have - thank you
    Good to hear

The point to remember is why did Northern Parking Services throw in the towel at POPLA, THEY COULD NOT DEFEND IT ?

Therefore Northern Parking Services tried to scam you
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 29th Jun 17, 11:36 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    They made a big song and dance in the appeal about the beavis case, so that POPLA reply on here going into big detail on signage was excellent. I decided to double down on that and where points were emphasised about character size on an outdoor sign i drew attention to each photo in which they did a pretty poor job. And the MOT sign did a very good job i.e. you could read it from where I photographed from. Also useful to add in was the colour clash with business signs.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jun 17, 11:40 PM
    • 49,043 Posts
    • 62,511 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    And the MOT sign did a very good job i.e. you could read it from where I photographed from. Also useful to add in was the colour clash with business signs.
    That sort of detail is perfect for POPLA appeals and defences. Reminds me of this pepipoo thread in hand at the moment:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=114173

Look at the PPC sign pretending to 'offer a parking contract' (but it's illegible) smack bang next to the residential site owner/agent's large lettering sign, with their logo on, saying:

NO PARKING AT ANY TIME

Are they stupid, these PPCs? oh...wait...!

• UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 29th Jun 17, 11:44 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    Wow that sign is terrible, maybe you should go around like Sherlock with a magnifying glass when parking!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 29th Jun 17, 11:49 PM
    • 5,677 Posts
    • 7,333 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Wow that sign is terrible, maybe you should go around like Sherlock with a magnifying glass when parking!
    Difference is the intelligence dear Watson.

Northern Parking Services lack this important part of life
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,295Posts Today

10,828Users online

Martin's Twitter