Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 22nd May 17, 5:25 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 6Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    Northern Parking Services NtK Received
    • 22nd May 17, 5:25 PM
    Northern Parking Services NtK Received 22nd May 17 at 5:25 PM
    What was the date of the parking infringement?
    14/04/2017 - 19:22 (driver noted car park was very dark)

What was the date on the Notice to Keeper (NTK)? You may think of this as the first letter you received.
    17/05/2017
    What date did you receive the NTK?
    18/05/2017

This letter wanting £100 in the next twenty eight days has arrived. from this company - ww.northernparkingservices.co.uk/court.html

If i pay by card they will also charge me £2.10 fee. The letter mentions I can appeal via their webpage or submit a further appeal to POPLA within 28 days of the date of rejection.

Somebody in government should be shutting these cowboys down. I am tempted to pay just to avoid stress and not having to appeal and possibly go to court, my time is worth more than the money but this is outrageous.

EDIT - It was at - Halfords Auto Centre, George Street, Newcastle - I'm informed some of the lights were not working and it was very dark.Take a look on google maps to see
    Last edited by UpNorthUser; 22-05-2017 at 5:50 PM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd May 17, 9:59 PM
    • 51,747 Posts
    • 65,385 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd May 17, 9:59 PM
    • 22nd May 17, 9:59 PM
    Somebody in government should be shutting these cowboys down.
    That's what MPs said the other week:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/parliament-discuss-unfair-parking.html

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2017-03-21/debates/382789C8-0168-4C4B-8260-0540AF83C7D3/DVLAAndPrivateCarParkingCompanies

And the Tories have said they will tackle rogue parking operators:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5652154

I am tempted to pay
    Nonononononononononononononononononooooooooooooooo !!! You will win at POPLA!

just to avoid stress and not having to appeal and possibly go to court, my time is worth more than the money but this is outrageous.
    We agree, that's why we give up our free time most days on here (after a full day's work, in my case and several others).

You can win this easily at POPLA. Follow the template written for you, in the NEWBIES thread. What would be outrageous on here is if a poster has read the NEWBIES thread, knows they are likely to easily win at POPLA, sees the template appeals already written, yet decides to sponsor the entire scam and fund the next PCNs by paying and joining the PPC, being complicit in supporting their little game.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 23rd May 17, 5:09 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    • 23rd May 17, 5:09 PM
    • 23rd May 17, 5:09 PM
    I'm putting in an appeal now on their website - signage for that location is very poor

UPDATE - their website says the following when I try to appeal via their page

"Unfortunately you are unable to appeal this charge at this time."
    Last edited by UpNorthUser; 23-05-2017 at 5:13 PM. Reason: updated info
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd May 17, 5:26 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 23rd May 17, 5:26 PM
    • 23rd May 17, 5:26 PM
    I'm putting in an appeal now on their website - signage for that location is very poor

UPDATE - their website says the following when I try to appeal via their page

"Unfortunately you are unable to appeal this charge at this time."
    Originally posted by UpNorthUser
    Two points.

1. Just go as if you were to pay your ticket (but obviously don't pay it) and see if your charge is still showing. If for some reason it has been cancelled/erased/lost, it will show on that page as such - and this may be the reason why it's not allowing an appeal under your reference numbers.

2. More likely, there may be a hitch in their system and you might like to try again later. Just double-check your NtK to confirm the method(s) they require appeals to be made. If you continue to fail to be able to submit your appeal, fire off an email of complaint to the BPA and get them to sort their member out.

HTH
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 23rd May 17, 5:44 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    • 23rd May 17, 5:44 PM
    • 23rd May 17, 5:44 PM
    I can pay via their website when I input the code i.e. it does find and show the details including pictures (also highlighting tiny signage many metres back from the car)

But I put the same code in to the appeals section it repeated the same message that I am unable to appeal the charge at this time.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd May 17, 5:48 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 23rd May 17, 5:48 PM
    • 23rd May 17, 5:48 PM
    I can pay via their website when I input the code i.e. it does find and show the details including pictures (also highlighting tiny signage many metres back from the car)

But I put the same code in to the appeals section it repeated the same message that I am unable to appeal the charge at this time.
    Try again a few times over the next 24 hours. If no joy, you could email NPS (via their 'Contact Us' details - but don't phone!) and ask them what the problem is. Otherwise get the BPA involved.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 23rd May 17, 5:56 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    • 23rd May 17, 5:56 PM
    • 23rd May 17, 5:56 PM
    I've e-mailed the BPA and will try as you say to get it to work. If I have no success by tomorrow afternoon I will e-mail them as you describe. Thanks.
    I've utilised google maps to get photos as evidence of incredibly poor signage which will hopefully aid me the keeper further on in this process. I've also saved their provided photos which highlights the cars exact positioning.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd May 17, 8:32 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 23rd May 17, 8:32 PM
    • 23rd May 17, 8:32 PM
    I've utilised google maps to get photos as evidence of incredibly poor signage which will hopefully aid me the keeper further on in this process. I've also saved their provided photos which highlights the cars exact positioning.
    How far away are you from the site? If it's a sensible distance, I'd go there and take my own photos. GSV can be showing images from a few years ago.

• UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 1st Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    • 1st Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 1st Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    I did take my own photos and put an e-mail into them to appeal. They gave me an incorrect address to start with but I did finally get it sent via e-mail - went 25th May still awaiting something to come back via post or e-mail nothing so far......
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Jun 17, 9:06 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    went 25th May still awaiting something to come back via post or e-mail nothing so far......
    They have 14 days to acknowledge receipt (many don't, so not something to lose sleep over) and 35 days to respond with a cancellation or rejection (with POPLA code provided). Patience!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 51,747 Posts
    • 65,385 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I did take my own photos and put an e-mail into them to appeal. They gave me an incorrect address to start with but I did finally get it sent via e-mail - went 25th May still awaiting something to come back via post or e-mail nothing so far......
    What, 4 working days later?! Hardly surprising for an appeal emailed last week. They have 35 days!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 15th Jun 17, 5:14 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    I've received my appeal rejection what are my next steps?
    PS - I think the images I have taken of the carpark in question blow apart their rejection letter - there is a reason their images of the car are all tight close up shots.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 5:19 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,012 Thanks
    Redx
    I assume they issued a popla code ?

if so, the next steps are described back in the NEWBIES sticky thread that you read weeks ago, please read it again
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 15th Jun 17, 6:39 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    I've put together the files for people to look at - How do I go about being able to post a link? Not allowed as I am new.........

The file (redacted as needed) has my appeal rejection letter (rather snotty I might add) their photos and my own I took of the area. Note that a lot of the signs in the area relate to the business, are larger and are colour coded the same. There is no notices on the grass (i.e. facing drivers when they park)
    Their little sign on the wall by the entrance (that side only I might add) looks very much like a standard parking logo - The signage is incredibly poor to read from any distance - the image I took of the sign was from point blank range and it was still difficult to see whats written. Some shots show the distance from a bay to the wall - no chance of reading any part of the signage.
    In theory if you drove in - parked (in the bay the car was parked) and exited the other side you would see zero signage at all.

EDIT - The reason for the files is to at least get some feedback looking at the site in question (my images) and making sure I have my ducks in a row regards signage
    Last edited by UpNorthUser; 15-06-2017 at 6:45 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 6:42 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,012 Thanks
    Redx
    use tinypic or photobucket and use dead URL links (change http to hxxp)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 15th Jun 17, 6:53 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    hxxp://imgur.com/a/D7AdC
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 6:57 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,012 Thanks
    Redx
    thanks

live link

http://imgur.com/a/D7AdC
    Newbies !!
    • UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 15th Jun 17, 7:06 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    Thank you for that - weirdly some are showing as a broken link - but appear if I click on them.... any problems let me know
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 12:39 AM
    • 51,747 Posts
    • 65,385 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    EDIT - The reason for the files is to at least get some feedback looking at the site in question (my images) and making sure I have my ducks in a row regards signage
    Yes, you do.

Good point about the colour choice, it mimics a Halfords (larger) blue sign so why on earth would anyone stop to read it?

What next, a hidden contract in the MOT sign?! If you do not book an MOT within 10 minutes of parking here you agree to pay us a fortune and hand over your first-born?!!

• UpNorthUser
    • By UpNorthUser 17th Jun 17, 12:31 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    UpNorthUser
    I think I am going to go with this excellent example and modify it by adding specifics of my case - distance from bay for the driver to a sign - colour issues etc

Would this be the right way to go?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71285691&postcount=2341
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

1,841Users online

Martin's Twitter