Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DavidP24
    • By DavidP24 22nd May 17, 2:25 PM
    • 938Posts
    • 1,163Thanks
    DavidP24
    Lorem ipsum dolor
    • 22nd May 17, 2:25 PM
    Lorem ipsum dolor 22nd May 17 at 2:25 PM
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, porro legendos dissentiet sed ne, pri id postea theophrastus. Altera consequat ne duo, est ei vivendo scaevola. Aeque oblique interesset no !!!. Eu sumo theophrastus sit, augue solet no vel, pro in adipisci pertinacia. Pri probatus principes posidonium et, id tation nostrud dissentiet quo.

Vix torquatos referrentur ne, quodsi melius an eos, ei illum dicam his. Et assum tamquam delenit vim, qui quis congue partiendo cu. In nam debet mentitum, euismod atomorum te usu. His nusquam delicata senserit in, eos ut virtute equidem accumsan.

Ea augue aliquip suavitate sit, sea ei agam qualisque consequuntur. Nec postea tamquam graecis in. Oratio scaevola te nam. Ut nisl legere dolorum pro. Sea no melius sententiae, eam ei alienum mediocritatem.

Eam impetus qualisque ei, autem affert sea ne. Et nihil nullam !!!, vim te sale dictas. At quem mnesarchum eos. Quo quod bonorum tacimates ei, summo di!!!! est cu.

Sumo summo pericula quo in, has ex autem partiendo voluptaria. An !!! oporteat platonem dissentiunt, ullum utinam docendi mei at. Option elaboraret contentiones te his, vim accusamus splendide in. Inani nostrud suscipiantur at pro, ea mei impetus fabulas saperet, eam primis oblique invenire ex. Dico tempor veritus pri no.
    Last edited by DavidP24; 06-08-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
Page 2
    • nortong
    • By nortong 23rd Nov 17, 5:54 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    nortong
    It seems he's got a habit of doing this. As they say, there's nowt so queer as folk.
    Originally posted by Roland Sausage
    He thinks it's funny? Sad, in a depressing sort of way.
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 24th Nov 17, 9:07 AM
    • 7,515 Posts
    • 4,908 Thanks
    Biggles
    Originally posted by nortong
    I doubt he thinks it's funny, I guess he's finished with the thread and doesn't want anyone else answering his OP. I see he's started three threads this year and replaced all with the same 'random Latin' text.

Best not to respond to any future posts from him or, if you do, quote it in full in your reply. That'll fix him!
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 24th Nov 17, 10:28 AM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    PS. £60 for 240GB Kingston SSD
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N5IB20Q
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • toshi
    • By toshi 24th Nov 17, 12:40 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    toshi
    £60 for 240GB Kingston SSD A400!!!!
    PS. £60 for 240GB Kingston SSD
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N5IB20Q
    Originally posted by grumpycrab
    The price is so great! I have confirmed that it sell at 90 USD at US Amazon at the moment, so it is a serious price reduction!
    https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-240GB-SA400S37-240G/dp/B01N5IB20Q

Kingston SSD A400 specs
    https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/SA400S37_us.pdf

Kingston SSD A400 uses the latest Toshiba 15nm TLC NAND 240GB: 80TBW and 3 years warranty, It is OK decent. But I have found A400 uses only 2 channel... (not 4 channel) "Controller model may vary." (this would be tricky) lol

However, gosh surprisingly great performance with Phison PS3111-S11 controller. (@_@)
    https://vishveshtech.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/kingston-a400-240gb-ssd-review.html

Re: Phison PS3111-S11 (a controller used by Kingston SSD A400 in this review)
    https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/7835/phison-s11-ssd-preview-toshiba-bics-tlc-micron-3d-mlc/index9.html

At first, we thought that Phison must have decided to make the S11 a four-channel controller, but no, it is indeed a two-channel controller. We certainly did not expect this kind of performance from a two-channel DRAM-less design. We feel confident that S11-powered SSDs will deliver an SSD experience that will rival even eight-channel controlled SSDs for the majority of users. The S11 should make laptop users very happy with the extended battery life that a two-channel DRAM-less solution will provide because Phison has engineered a masterpiece that sips power and at the same time delivers best-in-class performance. We are looking forward to the waves of S11-powered SSDs that are destined to arrive in our lab, and you can look forward to purchasing your own in the near future

Similar review at
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-force-le-200-ssd,4949-3.html

Well, because of budget model, no surprise for DRAMless SSD. This won't be an enthusiast model obviously, but this will be a life saver for hard disk suffers (i.e. the majority of general computer users)

If you still think to buy a slow hopeless brand new hard disk computer, buy a couple of SSDs, and replace all hard disks with SSDs at your home. You will be happier than ever.

Conclusion lol
    I have just ordered for 3 units for my future volunteer work. I hope my lot of A400 uses the same Phison PS3111-S11 Thanks !
    Last edited by toshi; 24-11-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: minor correction
    • almillar
    • By almillar 24th Nov 17, 3:39 PM
    • 7,118 Posts
    • 2,862 Thanks
    almillar
    Thanks for that, think I got the last one in stock...
    • toshi
    • By toshi 27th Nov 17, 11:25 AM
    • 131 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    toshi
    Amazon Update (lol) Crucial BX300 SSD 240GB at £61.99 (max 2 qty)
    Thanks for that, think I got the last one in stock...
    Originally posted by almillar
    The Most deals have gone already, but another deal comes back. It seems Crucial/Micron is very active now. Hope they will continue to be a price leader with a bigger presence.

Crucial BX300 240GB £61.99 480GB £121.00
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0742BC3DQ

This is the one of the Best performance SSDs (as good as Samsung Evo 850) This is the serious enthusiast model.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crucial-bx300-ssd,5182.html

This is an MLC based high performance SSD, very interesting model, indeed. (3 year warranty - it would be great with 5 year warranty)

You can get only 2 unit only at Amazon. In addition, you can buy directly extra 3 units (if you need lol ) from Crucial Site directly.

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/ssd/series/BX300

Cyber Monday only, up to 20% off BX300 SSDs! While supplies last, limit 3 per customer.

I bought 2 unit now. I couldn't resist this offer.... lol One will be for my Toshiba portage (2011) notebook, another one would be for my friend surprise present?

How to install an SSD
    You can make a diskclone easily from the old existing hard disk to a new SSD.You don't need to reinstall anything, all of your data, OS, application remain the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ssd+diskclone

(Of course, you can make a fresh clean installation as well if you like to)

The user will be amazed with an SSD, Externally the same old look but run blazingly faster. It is too silly to buy a brand new hard disk computer at 2017

You have already powerful computer and suffer from sluggish response ? You cannot afford (or do not want to spend) a brand new computer? Just Get an SSD. Practically an SSD will make existing computer much faster and reliable than a brand new hard disk computer.

I am doing a (free) skill share repair volunteer work, including an SSD installation in London area. If interest feel free to contact me via private massage

Happy SSD computing
    Last edited by toshi; 11-12-2017 at 8:55 AM. Reason: clarification minor correction
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 27th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    • 3,022 Posts
    • 2,092 Thanks
    AndyPix
    Originally posted by nortong

I think it was his way of saying goodbye.
    Changed all posts to Latin and hasnt been back since ..

No great loss
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • toshi
    • By toshi 4th Dec 17, 4:06 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    toshi
    £40 for 120GB Kingston SSD A400
    Congratulation, if you have got an SSD last week! Have you managed to get rid of a sluggish hard disk? Have you missed ?
    Another deal came back !

Kingston SSD A400 Solid State Drive 2.5 inch SATA 3 - 120 GB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-A400-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B01N6JQS8C

This is a basic model, but if you have a bit older PCs (say 8-9years) to give them a new life, this would be a good choice, and /or you just want to try your first SSD, I suppose 120GB would be fine.

Your old SSD PCs will be as fast as (or even faster) than a new hard disk computer! \(^_^)/

Please make sure your Disk interface uses SATA (Serial ATA)
    It is very likely your computers have SATA interfaces after 2008/9 (Even some high end 2006/7 models as well) if you are not sure, please post here with your s model number.

SSD: Windows 10 update /upgrade solution

I have confirmed last week that a slow hard disk has caused looping failure for Windows 10 1079 upgrade

I have made a disk clone of the exact windows 10 with an SSD. This cloned SSD windows 10 also failed to upgrade Windows 10 1709, however, automatically recovered to a previous Windows 10.

Happy SSD computing
    Last edited by toshi; 04-12-2017 at 4:41 PM. Reason: added SATA info
    • almillar
    • By almillar 5th Dec 17, 10:58 AM
    • 7,118 Posts
    • 2,862 Thanks
    almillar
    I bought the Kingston A400 250GB above to replace an older 128GB Kingston in my main desktop. This enables me to put most apps on the drive as well as Windows (with my data on a new 3TB drive, replacing a 1TB drive that I think is dodgy). Great speed improvement, probably partially due to the nice fresh install.
    That 128GB drive then upgrades my second desktop, with Windows and apps on that, instead of the 250GB drive, now used just for data. Big improvement here. £40 is a great improvement for any desktop or laptop you're planning to run for any amount of time.
    • SeanDigiSave
    • By SeanDigiSave 5th Dec 17, 11:23 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    SeanDigiSave
    I've been using a laptop with an SSD for a while. Its had a fault and had to go off for repair. Back to SATA for the time being. The load times make me want to cry haha.
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 5th Dec 17, 11:34 AM
    • 1,998 Posts
    • 841 Thanks
    Stoke
    Samsung Evo 850.
    • toshi
    • By toshi 5th Dec 17, 12:08 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    toshi
    BACK UP is *ALWAYS* Essential
    I've been using a laptop with an SSD for a while. Its had a fault and had to go off for repair. Back to SATA for the time being. The load times make me want to cry haha.
    Originally posted by SeanDigiSave
    Sorry to hear about your SSD faulty, Yes, it is still possible for our SSDs will die tomorrow, Backup is *Always* essential.

It would be good idea to keep the original hard disk as it is as you do? Then it would work as as a backup Windows bootup.

My original hard disk 500GB (180GB for C:\ drive) on My desktop PC, When I moved to an 256GB SSD, I have cloned the hard disk C:\ only, Original C: drive was hidden, but still with my computer.

Then I should be able to boot from an hard disk (original C drive) as well.

HAPPY SSD computing
    • almillar
    • By almillar 6th Dec 17, 1:04 PM
    • 7,118 Posts
    • 2,862 Thanks
    almillar
    Samsung Evo 850.
    I assume that's a recommendation, but it's a pretty useless one without any comment or where to get it for the best price.
    • toshi
    • By toshi 11th Dec 17, 8:49 AM
    • 131 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    toshi
    Amazon (11/12) Crucial BX300 SSD 240GB at £65
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73546514&postcount=28 Original posted by AlwaysHere
    Thanks!

I bought 2unit at £62, Crucial BX300 is the enthusiast high performance SSD (see the previous post) but good news is that you don't have to be an enthusiast to use this SSD, you can use this SSD for your mum, grandpa, uncle, neighbours even yourself! \(^_^)/

It is time to get rid of 60 years old technology of hard disk, (don't buy brand new hard disk computers, just replace a hard disk with an SSD)

Happy Computing
    Last edited by toshi; 11-12-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: clarification, minor correction
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

1,252Users online

Martin's Twitter