Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ugy101
    • By ugy101 22nd May 17, 12:07 PM
    • 48Posts
    • 5Thanks
    ugy101
    County Court Parking Eye :(
    • 22nd May 17, 12:07 PM
    County Court Parking Eye :( 22nd May 17 at 12:07 PM
    I have a received a parking eye county claim through the posted, dated 15 May 2017, Just got it on Friday.

My situation is that i was abroad when the ticket was issued, my father used the car and overstayed, can someone advise what can be done please, offence was committed in March, I have only just seen the letters coming through now.

I know there is a newbie thread, and i have read through it, but not sure where to start with this, as i have the county court letter, do i use the form provided, or is there another way to go about this?

Please advise
    Last edited by ugy101; 22-05-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
Page 3
    • ugy101
    • By ugy101 31st May 17, 3:37 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ugy101
    is this assertive/good enough to pe:

This is a copy of the defence filed at CCBC and I am supplying a copy early to yourself, so that you realise this is a disability discrimination and that you should cancel the charge!

I have also attached proof of the medication that the driver takes, which proves the driver being an asthmatic, so needed more shopping time.

I demand a copy of the sign on site/contract, and demand to know why no Equality Act 'reasonable adjustments' of extra time were offered clearly at this location!

I also want the contract on these signs!

As stated, my defence has been filed, so you either go through the courts and pay my expenses whilst losing, or do the reasonable thing and discontinue.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st May 17, 6:12 PM
    • 46,832 Posts
    • 60,141 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes that will do, minus the exclamation marks (which I realise, might just be a formatting issue).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ugy101
    • By ugy101 3rd Jun 17, 12:39 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ugy101
    Ok so an update, got a letter dated the 30th May stating:

'We are now in receipt of further info....

basically they will settle for £60, looks like the cancellation for matalan went through, how should i procede with this now?

Does this also mean the court case will be/is dropped?
    Last edited by ugy101; 03-06-2017 at 12:46 AM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 3rd Jun 17, 1:05 AM
    • 1,512 Posts
    • 1,732 Thanks
    waamo
    If you settle for £60 that's it. Done and dusted. Over. Finished. Or you can continue to fight for £0 in court. At this point it's your call really.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Jun 17, 1:38 AM
    • 46,832 Posts
    • 60,141 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Kind if thought this was already explained:

Like I say, if they offer to cancel for £60, refuse. Push them again. And again - email tennis...
    Does this also mean the court case will be/is dropped?
    Certainly not.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• ugy101
    • By ugy101 12th Jun 17, 11:59 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ugy101
    Hi,

I have sent emails to Parking eye, but had no response from them, nor email or through post, think they want to go to court, it's been nearly 2 weeks now
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 17, 8:31 PM
    • 46,832 Posts
    • 60,141 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    'We are now in receipt of further info....

basically they will settle for £60,
    How long (short couple of weeks?) did they give you to pay that, and do you want to?

• ugy101
    • By ugy101 12th Jun 17, 10:29 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ugy101
    They did offer 14 days, will have to check the letter to see if it has gone over the initial period.

I would rather just pay and not go court

Can i check if they have cancelled with the court or paid the court fees?

what number can i call?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 46,832 Posts
    • 60,141 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    They won't have cancelled. Why would they?

I hate to say this, but if you would rather pay, ring and pay £60 tomorrow instead of faffing around missing that deadline.

• ugy101
    • By ugy101 13th Jun 17, 12:22 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ugy101
    They won't have cancelled. Why would they?

I hate to say this, but if you would rather pay, ring and pay £60 tomorrow instead of faffing around missing that deadline.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Yeah i think I will just pay the £60, thanks for all your help on this, you are a star
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 13th Jun 17, 7:58 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    Johnersh
    Ugy101 assuming that you have now paid the £60 in full and final settlement (which I appreciate was the correct course for you) may I recommend that you write directly to the court and the claimant's lawyers in identical terms to confirm that settlement terms have been agreed and that the claim is no longer proceeding.

That avoids relying on the Claimant to do it or worse the court making any unexpected order of their own volition.

Best wishes, Johnersh.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,642Posts Today

8,067Users online

Martin's Twitter