Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lknights1987
    • By lknights1987 19th May 17, 8:30 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 3Thanks
    lknights1987
    0 WOW
    Booking flights with connections
    • 19th May 17, 8:30 PM
    0 WOW
    Booking flights with connections 19th May 17 at 8:30 PM
    Hi,

I am looking to book flights to Dubai and after some advice.

I've just searched for flights from London where I live ( all airports) to Dubai using sky scanner. The price shows £250 return for November time however if I fly from Barcelona to Dubai I will save myself £90.

The flight from Barcelona goes to London Heathrow and then onto Dubai. So my question is can I book this flight and just check in at London Heathrow instead of flying to Spain to then come back again or do I need to start my journey from Barcelona?

The return is the same Dubai to London then onto Barcelona.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Westin
    • By Westin 19th May 17, 8:33 PM
    • 1,128 Posts
    • 821 Thanks
    Westin
    • 19th May 17, 8:33 PM
    • 19th May 17, 8:33 PM
    You have to fly all segments of the journey in the order that they are booked.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 19th May 17, 10:20 PM
    • 18,507 Posts
    • 42,463 Thanks
    peachyprice
    • 19th May 17, 10:20 PM
    • 19th May 17, 10:20 PM
    No, you can't do that. If you don't get on the BCN-LHR flight the LHR-DXB leg will be cancelled.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 19th May 17, 10:21 PM
    • 1,351 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 19th May 17, 10:21 PM
    • 19th May 17, 10:21 PM
    If you have to fly all sectors in the order ticketed. If you don't all the remaining flights on that ticket will be cancelled i.e. if you no show at Barcelona the rest of your flights will automatically be cancelled.

If you've got checked luggage it will be checked through to Barcelona on the return flight. Also there's always a chance of re routing. You've booked to Barcelona. They can reroute you through an airport other than Heathrow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,635Posts Today

7,782Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin