Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • riceraider
    • By riceraider 19th May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 1Thanks
    riceraider
    Retailer missold - Rights?
    • 19th May 17, 8:14 PM
    Retailer missold - Rights? 19th May 17 at 8:14 PM
    Hi,

We have a water feature that was purchased via a given garden retailer. However, a few years in and I was looking to obtain some spare parts via the same retailer.
    I.e. Transformer, replacement cabling, led lights, water pump.

Long story short, I had been in touch via email to query the required spares and prices.
    But in the end I had to phone them to finalise and confirm all the parts that I required and corresponding price. The retailer confirmed everything I wanted and I even ask that the check that all replacement cabling would be supplied.

On delivery, it transpires that the package did not include certain items as per agreed. So in my mind missing parts. These being the required cabling that I specifically ask they confirm was supplied.

I have emailed on the missing parts, but no official response on this matter. Having waited a day, I phone to advise upon the situation. After several hours, they came back to say they messed up and had misadvised me on the sale of items, as certain cabling may not be included.

They had claimed to advise the parts cannot be ordered. But eventually agreed to looking at possibly obtaining the missing parts from another water feature package. But no guarantees on what the outcome will be, as I'm still waiting for them to get back.

I know I'll be within rights to cancel and get a refund. As there was a contract on what goods were described as being supplied at the agreed price before I went ahead. What rights would I have on this one?
    Does the retailer have to provide the missing items on their own cost, despite their mistake?

I do feel they are not responding very efficiently to this issue i.e. No email response, no callbacks on this since chasing them for an official answer on resolution.
    Baring in mind they have already charged my card about 2 weeks ago and is on my account.
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 19th May 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1,231 Posts
    • 2,604 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 19th May 17, 8:23 PM
    • 19th May 17, 8:23 PM
    Do you have any confirmation of what you ordered in writing? If not you're not going to get far if you wanted ti pursue it legally, it would be your word against theirs.

They may offer you a goodwill gesture/ discount if they can supply the items.

You need to give them reasonable chance to respond, you are not their only customer.
    • riceraider
    • By riceraider 19th May 17, 8:42 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    riceraider
    • 19th May 17, 8:42 PM
    • 19th May 17, 8:42 PM
    i have emails on the query of the parts initially. However their descriptions did not spell out if it included certain items. Having replied to confirm on things, they ask that I phone in as it had to be a manual phone order for spares.
    So when I called I made sure what I was quote was inclusive of the relevant items I needed. Thereafter agreed to go ahead with the order.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

359Posts Today

3,163Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin